Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 51015202530313233343536373839404550 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1591

Thread: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Duchess near bukit timah road sold 70% in just 1 weeks at above $1700-$1900. It even increased to $2000 acording to others.

$700 for raintree is way to low.
    It can goes for $900-$1000 psf At least by the end of 2007.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

The trees around the dev got to be cut to provide emergency access (incase needed). It's a requirement by the authorities.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Duchess near bukit timah road sold 70% in just 1 weeks at above $1700-$1900. It even increased to $2000 acording to others.

$700 for raintree is way to low.
    It can goes for $900-$1000 psf At least by the end of 2007.

As prices at Bkt Timah area keep rising, people can't continue to ignore Upper Bkt Timah/Hillview area. We will certainly see the spillover soon.

Unregistered Guest

Angry Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

The trees around the dev got to be cut to provide emergency access (incase needed). It's a requirement by the authorities.
    Trees can be trimmed and not cut off. I bought the place because of the trees!!
    Understand that the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve Unit was advised by the Developer to chop it off. Pls sound your displeasure to the Developer and also Bt Timah Nature Rerserve Centre!

Unregistered Guest

In today's ST:-

Block 99, #07-43 (3 Bedroom, 1281sq ft).... already got offer at $1.06mil
    Buyer asking for $1.30mil nett

If buyer wud hv accepted the offer, think we got a new record in RT, i.e. $827psf!!!!!

Unregistered Guest

In today's ST:-

Block 99, #07-43 (3 Bedroom, 1281sq ft).... already got offer at $1.06mil
    Buyer asking for $1.30mil nett

If buyer wud hv accepted the offer, think we got a new record in RT, i.e. $827psf!!!!!
    These days, agents are doing all kinds of pony tricks to get a deal going (most of the times rather reluctantly because owners ask for heavens before they are wlling to sell). I knew for sure one case that my friend was shown a check that someone already made a "offer" and told my friend that as lond as he can match it, the owner prefer to sell the unit to my friend. Two days later, the agent called back said the owner don't want to take any chance in case the guy could not get the loan and is willing to cut 50K if my friend is willing to made up his mind right away. All kinds of bizzare gimmicks out and I think it might only work every once in a while........

Unregistered Guest

These days, agents are doing all kinds of pony tricks to get a deal going (most of the times rather reluctantly because owners ask for heavens before they are wlling to sell). I knew for sure one case that my friend was shown a check that someone already made a "offer" and told my friend that as lond as he can match it, the owner prefer to sell the unit to my friend. Two days later, the agent called back said the owner don't want to take any chance in case the guy could not get the loan and is willing to cut 50K if my friend is willing to made up his mind right away. All kinds of bizzare gimmicks out and I think it might only work every once in a while........
    Think the biggest challenge now is managing sellers' expectations. Guess everyone is trying to sell highest possible.... but buyers are only willing to pay market value. So agents' lives nowadays ain't that easy.

Unregistered Guest

Ever think that the seller may be lying?

Unregistered Guest

CapitaLand clinches Farrer Court for about S$1.34b. Another $500 million will be required to top up the lease to a fresh 99-year tenure and to maximise the plot ratio.

Unregistered Guest

According to Merril Lynch, available vacant condo is only 40,000 s compared to the demand of 100,000 in the next year.
    Those people affected by en-bloc would have problem finding condo. Therefore the price of condo will keep rising. The people in distrcit 9,10, and 11 are force to move out to places like east coast and bukit timah.

Let wait and see how high the price of raintree will be.

Considering it is one of the few condo that will TOP in 2008.

Unregistered Guest

CapitaLand clinches Farrer Court for about S$1.34b. Another $500 million will be required to top up the lease to a fresh 99-year tenure and to maximise the plot ratio.
    That is the largest encloc and show sign of what???----->

It shows many many people are looking for new area. Where???----->

I would say Bukit Timah area. Why???------>

So many good schools and nice private condos GCB around and more affordable.

So I think that the best area will be along the Bukit timah road and dunearn road. If developers are smart enough they must be searching for area around bukit timah and if possible en bloc. If Bukit Timah sells around $2000 psf, I dont see any reason wht RT cannot sell at $1000.

I tell you what RT owners, If you see many enbloc happen in Bukit Timah area, $1000 is very very very possible.

Unregistered Guest

Think the biggest challenge now is managing sellers' expectations. Guess everyone is trying to sell highest possible.... but buyers are only willing to pay market value. So agents' lives nowadays ain't that easy.
    There is another side as to why sellers are putting up a high price.
    I guess most of us first bought RT bcos of its uniqueness and close proximity to nature. It is also the whole package that is attractive.
    eg. near schools, good accessibility, future BT MRT, rustic train, ultra fresh air, BT hill, beauty world, railway mall.......etc

I have tested market and received offers for my unit. But decided to hold on to RT. For me, it would take a really good offer to tempt me and get me up rooted.

Unregistered Guest

don't understand why u chaps are so happy with the appreciation with yr own RT homes (when generic property prices are also going up), its going to get alot harder to upgrade to a better property. for eg landed. if you bought your RT home at 700k and sell for 1 mio (appreciated 42.8%), whilst a landed property previously at 1 mio and appreciated similarly to 1.428 mio, you would need more money in absolute sense, ie you would need to top up 0.428 mio instead of the previous 0.3 mio to upgrade. unless you want to stay in RT forever?

Unregistered Guest

don't understand why u chaps are so happy with the appreciation with yr own RT homes (when generic property prices are also going up), its going to get alot harder to upgrade to a better property. for eg landed. if you bought your RT home at 700k and sell for 1 mio (appreciated 42.8%), whilst a landed property previously at 1 mio and appreciated similarly to 1.428 mio, you would need more money in absolute sense, ie you would need to top up 0.428 mio instead of the previous 0.3 mio to upgrade. unless you want to stay in RT forever?
    Unless u turned into millionaire overnight, who would be in the right mind to sell high and buy even higher?
    Wake up.

Unregistered Guest

you should be the one waking up, how on earth you know that that in the event that mkt crashes would be at a lower level than what prices are currently? if mkt crashes and stablizes at a level higher than now, you would be better off buying and upgrading now then later, stop been so self centred and rude....

Unregistered Guest

you should be the one waking up, how on earth you know that that in the event that mkt crashes would be at a lower level than what prices are currently? if mkt crashes and stablizes at a level higher than now, you would be better off buying and upgrading now then later, stop been so self centred and rude....
    Huh?? What are u talking about??
    When did market crash come into the picture?

Unregistered Guest

people who would sell high and buy higher to upgrade, would still benefit if (1) prices go higher than it is now (since yr investment base is higher like 20% gain on 1.428 mio > 20% gain on 1mio) or
    (2) mkt crash and settle at a price higher than now (for eg if you bought a home at 1.428 mio, but still worth 1.5 mio somewhere down the line, you still make money)

hence, people who thinks that prices would be higher than now, would do that....

Unregistered Guest

this forum never changes...coz the owners are the same.
    always like to dream and argue.

RT price will go up...but it doesnt mean every single unit will
    get the same price. there are some desperate folks
    looking for homes. so they pay crazy prices....even for
    hdb in tiong bahru. but this doesnt mean every unit will
    command the same price.

RT got no enbloc potential coz near reserve and radio towers.
    no big pool and extra land. almost impossible to increase
    the plot ratio. however, it does have some inflation value...
    i.e over long period of time, property sure got gain.

talking about radio towers....ah, another can on worms.
    dont want to anger some hot tempered owners.

i think most RT folks bought the place to stay and enjoy...
    so just do that....dont get angry when others give theory
    about market prices....

Unregistered Guest

command the same price.

about market prices....
    I presume you are not one of the owners.
    As regarding to the issue of radio tower, I have survey the upper bukit timah areas and discuss the issues with friends at engineering and physics department before I made my purchase. There is no evidence of measurable damage to human helath for folks live near by radio tower based on decades of data (from analyseing helath related incidences among folks who lives near radio towers Vs those who are not). Certainly, these data are far more meaningful than data obtained from laboratory with mice who are being exposed to high doeses of radio waves 24hrs a day. Secondly, when I suveyed the upper bukit timah areas, there are many many condos (esp those in hillview areas) which are far more directly facing several huge radio towers in comaring to RT.

One last comment, by far, I found the forumers on this thread on average are far more thoughtful and intelligent any other thread on property that I have seen so far. Forgive me for my bias, I think nature lovers are definitely a cut above the rest and it is really great that there is a project like RT that can attract draw these folks together.

Unregistered Guest

command the same price.

about market prices....

I do not agree fully with you on the issue that RT has no enbloc potential.

Yes, RT is a high density condo project and there is hardly any spare land for future developer to squeeze in more units. However, future developer can look into developing RT site into a less dense, much more luxury condo project or into an ultra-posh bungalow and sell them at sky high prices.

With factors unique only to RT such as it's rare location being so close to the nature reserve visitor centre yet exclusive enough with a road serving/leading only to RT, future MRT, convenient eateries and shopping centre, I don't see why this is not possible?

Unregistered Guest

In making unproven comments on the hazards of the potential "radio tower" radiation affecting RT residents, why not think about the more serious case of the "radio tower" radiation that you expose yourself to right beside your head everyday? (ie, your mobile phone)

Unregistered Guest

The possibility of RT appreciating in th future is definately not certain. However, if you look at the way the singapore economy and inflation is heading, I'm sure in monetory value terms, the value will appreciate, along with the rest of the sectors, inclusive of the cost and standard of living.

That said, I'm sure most RT owners like myself bought the place for the tranquility of being near to nature in this almost stressful environment of Singapore. The trick in staying alive in singapore is to maintain your self-value in the workforce, have constant savings in cash through financial tools available in the market and wait for opportunity in downturns to purchase another few properties at down-to-earth price. And of course, take care of your health and live a good life without unnecessary conflicts with others.

Unregistered Guest

The possibility of RT appreciating in th future is definately not certain. However, if you look at the way the singapore economy and inflation is heading, I'm sure in monetory value terms, the value will appreciate, along with the rest of the sectors, inclusive of the cost and standard of living.

That said, I'm sure most RT owners like myself bought the place for the tranquility of being near to nature in this almost stressful environment of Singapore. The trick in staying alive in singapore is to maintain your self-value in the workforce, have constant savings in cash through financial tools available in the market and wait for opportunity in downturns to purchase another few properties at down-to-earth price. And of course, take care of your health and live a good life without unnecessary conflicts with others.
    I suggest to those who are very serious about making a windfall from enbloc to consider those projects which have the potential for enbloc within the next year or two. I understand that many of these projects are selling much higher than newer condos nearby due to speculative fever. In case the enbloc falls thru, you will be living in a old and run-down condos for many years to come.

For those projects that are not even TOP, perhaps you are looking at 20yrs from now. Twenty years is a long time and there will be more than one economic cycles. There are many opportunities to make money if you are careful during the next twenty years and I suggest that we should not spend time to worry about it now.

Boy Guest

Question Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Can anyone tell me how the bus route out of RT works? Heard that there will be a shuttle bus from RT to Clementi. Does it stop along the way

Unregistered Guest

Heard last transacted unit went for $800 psf!

Unregistered Guest

Heard last transacted unit went for $800 psf!
    I think the Govt will be doing a lot to cool the market soon. If the market continue at this sort of unreaslitic climb for another three years, number of peoples affected will be huge and when bubble burst, the economy will be badly hit. It might as well to cool it as soon as possible. I somene is willing to buy my unit at 800psf, I will be seriously consider selling. I can always buy back later when the price at 600 psf.

Unregistered Guest

I think the Govt will be doing a lot to cool the market soon. If the market continue at this sort of unreaslitic climb for another three years, number of peoples affected will be huge and when bubble burst, the economy will be badly hit. It might as well to cool it as soon as possible. I somene is willing to buy my unit at 800psf, I will be seriously consider selling. I can always buy back later when the price at 600 psf.
    If you can till 2011 for the price to cool off, why not?

Unregistered Guest

$800 psf is indeed tempting. However, we have not reached the supply crunch year of 2008 yet. It will definately be interesting to wait and see what happens when RT TOPs next year during the supply crunch period.

Unregistered Guest

$800 psf is indeed tempting. However, we have not reached the supply crunch year of 2008 yet. It will definately be interesting to wait and see what happens when RT TOPs next year during the supply crunch period.
    One of the main drivers for supply crunch is the enbloc fever. I suspect multi-prones measures (make enbloc more difficult and aggressive of residential lands) will be announced soon. The downside of this policy historically is it will likely to over-correct itself in few years time and will eventually lead to over-supply. Some may say it is normal economic cycle. I do think for a healthy property market, policy aimed at progressive increase in cost of rental (2-3% per annum) is far better for the economy. Sharp up- and down swings in any asset classes in a socitey or economy will only encourage folks to engage in speculative activity and I don't think this is good for singapore

MC Guest

Smile Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Hi, first time visiting this thread. I'm amazed that RT is the most talk about development in Dist 21. I'm proud to be the owner of one of the units. Bought mine more than 1.5 years ago. Thumbs up for RT residents!!!