Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526272829303136414651 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin
    I do agree if there are personal stuff that u guys may not wish to share.
    But for things that may benefit others especially the RT owners, do share in future.
    Regardless of information provided, we should be able to sieve out the genuine ones from those agents' comments.
    If you're a RT owner, no harm joining the ML, won't cost you a penny

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Exclusive site for RT owners?
    Does it mean everyone on that site must be owners?
    Does it mean that every comments made will be of quality and with everyone interest in mind?
    I understand that some property agents and constractors bought units at RT as well, so what is the reason to believe there will not be agents there trying to do the funny things?
    The beauty of this site is that everyone are welcome to participate, but since it is an open forum, nothing can be taken for granted and everyone has to exercise judgement in assessing the information and comment posted. This is actually what makes this site great.
    Property agents and constractors whom bought units at RT, they are RT owners as well, isnt it? They are welcome to join cause they are a part of RT.
    As you said, this is an open forum. You can choose to join the mailing list or not, no one is forcing you. But if you choose not to join, you cant stop others from joining and you can't stop people from sharing information among themselves. So, either you join or stop bitching about it.

Unregistered Guest

Property agents and constractors whom bought units at RT, they are RT owners as well, isnt it? They are welcome to join cause they are a part of RT.
    As you said, this is an open forum. You can choose to join the mailing list or not, no one is forcing you. But if you choose not to join, you cant stop others from joining and you can't stop people from sharing information among themselves. So, either you join or stop bitching about it.
    That is exactly the point, join or not join, let's leave it to the individuals, but no need to promote the idea that the private RT thread must be more exclusive and comments and information made there must be more trustworthy, fair, insightful and informative than those posted in this thread. Hope you get the point by now.

Unregistered Guest

That is exactly the point, join or not join, let's leave it to the individuals, but no need to promote the idea that the private RT thread must be more exclusive and comments and information made there must be more trustworthy, fair, insightful and informative than those posted in this thread. Hope you get the point by now.
    We are not promoting that the private thread is more exclusive.

Let me give you a snapshot of what goes within the little walls of the owner's group. We go into nitty gritty details like communicating processes with the developer, sourcing for contractors etc, issues pertaining purely to RT and that non-RT owners will never be interested to know. These require alot of logistical planning and it is extremely painful for the organiser to coordinate. The private group is a space for us to engage in these discussion so we do not take up space and bandwidth on this forum. And yes, information tend be more trustworthy because there are NON-RT owners within us. Sorry but we have our own interests as home owners to protect.

I am sure there are still alot of RT owners on this board whom share information and insights, therefore this forum will continue to benefit all readers, RT or non RT owners.

Unregistered Guest

Red face Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Let me give you a snapshot of what goes within the little walls of the owner's group. We go into nitty gritty details like communicating processes with the developer, sourcing for contractors etc, issues pertaining purely to RT and that non-RT owners will never be interested to know. These require alot of logistical planning and it is extremely painful for the organiser to coordinate. The private group is a space for us to engage in these discussion so we do not take up space and bandwidth on this forum. And yes, information tend be more trustworthy because there are NON-RT owners within us. Sorry but we have our own interests as home owners to protect.

I am sure there are still alot of RT owners on this board whom share information and insights, therefore this forum will continue to benefit all readers, RT or non RT owners.
    by the way I am not Mike.

kelvin Guest

Hey hey hey.........let this issue close here. Some of the things have been taken out of context. Yes, I am not interested those nitty gritty details. All that is asked for is for this private group to share any useful info that will benefit everyone.
    BTW, i am RT owner. I am really excited with RT. Can't wait for TOP.

cheers
    Kelvin.

Unregistered Guest

Hey hey hey.........let this issue close here. Some of the things have been taken out of context. Yes, I am not interested those nitty gritty details. All that is asked for is for this private group to share any useful info that will benefit everyone.
    BTW, i am RT owner. I am really excited with RT. Can't wait for TOP.

cheers
    Kelvin.
    Everyone here is behind the screen. Everyone here can claim to be an RT owner. Even if you are a RT owner, how u expect us to know what is nitty gritty and what is useful info.

kelvin Guest

Everyone here is behind the screen. Everyone here can claim to be an RT owner. Even if you are a RT owner, how u expect us to know what is nitty gritty and what is useful info.
    A case in point of a useless info is your quote above. What benefit does it bring? It is like being unable to differentiate what is right and wrong.
    Does it bother you so much whether someone is real RT or fake RT owner?

Unregistered Guest

A case in point of a useless info is your quote above. What benefit does it bring? It is like being unable to differentiate what is right and wrong.
    Does it bother you so much whether someone is real RT or fake RT owner?
    Exactly. Now u see the point? Why in the first place do you need to bother if there is an exclusive RT group or not? Why would you go on thinking if they had some useful info that they don't want to share?

kelvin Guest

Exactly. Now u see the point? Why in the first place do you need to bother if there is an exclusive RT group or not? Why would you go on thinking if they had some useful info that they don't want to share?
    In the first place, nobody knows what exactly this gp is doing. so naturally, one might ask this gp to share useful information if there is any.

no one interprets like you. don't put words in others mouth.
    Why would i think that they have useful info and they don't want to share.
    Which part of the statement is alluding to it?

Unregistered Guest

Once you have an "exclusive group", this group will exercise political power over the other residents. And I guess the chairman of the exclusive group is Mike? He will then have much say over the rest of the residents when it comes to matters concerning the condo maintenance and stuff.

Do all of you want that? What gives Mike the right and the power to lord it over the rest of the residents?

Wow, Raintree is not even TOP yet and there is already a power struggle.

I say: to hell with this exclusive group. Having a non-vested entity like this forum is better.

neutral Guest

I agree. I am neutral. Just want to enjoy my condo and my privacy. Don't wanna get caught up with Mike's committee or anything exclusive like that. Peace y'all. Love this forum!

Once you have an "exclusive group", this group will exercise political power over the other residents. And I guess the chairman of the exclusive group is Mike? He will then have much say over the rest of the residents when it comes to matters concerning the condo maintenance and stuff.

Do all of you want that? What gives Mike the right and the power to lord it over the rest of the residents?

Wow, Raintree is not even TOP yet and there is already a power struggle.

I say: to hell with this exclusive group. Having a non-vested entity like this forum is better.

Unregistered Guest

The assumption that only RT owners can be serious about the discussion on this thread is probably no more than just an assumption. There are times many of the topics discussed such as harmful effects from radio wave are quite general in nature and many who had knowledge in this area might have contributed in the discussion. Judging from the number of "hits" for this thread and the quality postings appeared, I can't imagine an "exclusive thread" on RT would serve everyone as well as this thread since every posting on this thread will be exposed to an incredible wide spectrum of readers, owners and others (no where to hide if you are talking nonsense). However, I believe there are those who simply feel the need to have an exclusive thred not because they don't want to share, but rather they feel more comfortable to talk about certain specific issues on RT.

Unregistered Guest

The assumption that only RT owners can be serious about the discussion on this thread is probably no more than just an assumption. There are times many of the topics discussed such as harmful effects from radio wave are quite general in nature and many who had knowledge in this area might have contributed in the discussion. Judging from the number of "hits" for this thread and the quality postings appeared, I can't imagine an "exclusive thread" on RT would serve everyone as well as this thread since every posting on this thread will be exposed to an incredible wide spectrum of readers, owners and others (no where to hide if you are talking nonsense). However, I believe there are those who simply feel the need to have an exclusive thred not because they don't want to share, but rather they feel more comfortable to talk about certain specific issues on RT.
    To each his own. I considered joining then decided it wasn't for me. Not yet anyway . Can't see the benefits of joining an exclusive group right now . Perhaps after TOP , we'll see .
    We all have different expectations of what a forum should be , so no point criticising either avenue . If you are a owner and don't feel the need to join , like me ,then leave them alone . Continue contributing positively here ...like practically everyone has.

kelvin Guest

Let's make RT a vibrant place to stay.
    The vibrancy about condo is really "infectious" when we visited several of our friends' condo. Things are so lively and great and these things just keep your energy level up. It is never dull and boring.
    So we decided to get RT.
    It is an environment that u really want your kids to live in.

cheers

Unregistered Guest

My agent has recently tempted me to sell my rail facing unit for 750k. Wonder how realistic this is? Btw she has recently sold her own RT unit at a profit too, not sure what was the transacted price though...

Unregistered Guest

My agent also call me up to sell my railway facing unit at 600psf.

I think I will wait for while for the price to appreciate further.

Unregistered Guest

Hmmm, seems like many of us got calls from our agents. I also got a quote for mine, pool facing highest flr - $925k

Unregistered Guest

Agent can offer anything. Must have a buyer first.
    Although there are a few interested buyers, I have not received a matching offer yet for my unit at 580psf or $736k. The closest offer is only $718k.

Unregistered Guest

Although there are a few interested buyers, I have not received a matching offer yet for my unit at 580psf or $736k. The closest offer is only $718k.
    I got offer up to 593psf but I'm not selling. Not yet.

Unregistered Guest

May I ask which floor is your unit on? A friend of mine may be interested.

Unregistered Guest

To be honest, imo perhaps at current property prices, the prices agents have quoted to owners to sell their units at may not be too far fetch afterall.

Going by the typical price guage of leasehold properties valued at about 30% lower than freehold properties in the vicinity, 700k plus for 3BR is about right, given that RT is a newer project than SHII & SD?

Think its hard to believe the new prices for RT owners and potential buyers mainly because, RT was launched at such low prices, that the recent "jump" in prices of RT may seen quite incredible in comparison.

However, comparing to neighbouring developments, the current quotes for suggested selling prices are more or less in place I think. That is provided new sub-sale buyers can get over the stigma that this RT property could be bought at much lower prices just a couple of months back!

Reality is stigma or not, to get a property in this region has fortunately or unfortunately moved into this price range even for leasehold properties, whatever their previous selling price/ valuations were we have already missed it, like it or not. So either, move sights away from this area, or move on & accept current realities I suppose?!?

Unregistered Guest

To be honest, imo perhaps at current property prices, the prices agents have quoted to owners to sell their units at may not be too far fetch afterall.

Going by the typical price guage of leasehold properties valued at about 30% lower than freehold properties in the vicinity, 700k plus for 3BR is about right, given that RT is a newer project than SHII & SD?

Think its hard to believe the new prices for RT owners and potential buyers mainly because, RT was launched at such low prices, that the recent "jump" in prices of RT may seen quite incredible in comparison.

However, comparing to neighbouring developments, the current quotes for suggested selling prices are more or less in place I think. That is provided new sub-sale buyers can get over the stigma that this RT property could be bought at much lower prices just a couple of months back!

Reality is stigma or not, to get a property in this region has fortunately or unfortunately moved into this price range even for leasehold properties, whatever their previous selling price/ valuations were we have already missed it, like it or not. So either, move sights away from this area, or move on & accept current realities I suppose?!?

Not just RT only. Many other properties can be bought much cheaper 1 year ago. City square is now selling $400k above its soft launch prices. Haha.....i just missed the boat then.
    However, the prices are still lower than the 1996 level.
    Also as compared to HK and other cities, the prices in Singapore have a long catch up to do.

Unregistered Guest

May I ask which floor is your unit on? A friend of mine may be interested.
    3rd level....

Unregistered Guest

Not just RT only. Many other properties can be bought much cheaper 1 year ago. City square is now selling $400k above its soft launch prices. Haha.....i just missed the boat then.
    However, the prices are still lower than the 1996 level.
    Also as compared to HK and other cities, the prices in Singapore have a long catch up to do.
    By looking thru the ad in ST on property lately, it becomes evident that the market is in sort of chaotic state, at least for many older developments. It is common sight this day to see asking price for property shot up by a big margin in comparing to just three to four months ago, but what is really strange here is that asking price for different units in the same development could differ by as much as 150 psf (I am indeed referring to mass condo projects with average selling price less than a million). Even conisder differencees in facing and high Vs low floor scenario, this is something quite extra ordinary. By speaking to some agents, it is indeed quite clear that many owners demand to have their property listed at a very unreasonable price. In an orderly and rationale market, it is typical to list a property at or slighly above bank valuation, but many owners did not even want to know/care what the bank valuation is for their property. When I called up one agent to ask him about the bank valuation for the unit he listed, he admitted to me that it is about 150K about valuation.

I am also concerned about the argument of cheap price of property in singapore in comparison to other major city such as HK. Majority of mass condo projects (less than 1.5 million purchase price) historically will only provide you a rental yield of 4-4.5%. Since FH property is generally 25% more expensive on PSF basis, the yield could easily drop to 2.5-3%. The rental yield has significantly risen since last year, but the price of property has risen in tandem in the last few months. In fact, there is sign that rental yield has since stabilized and some units had even reduced the asking price (persumable could not find tenants after months). With this scenario developing, the rental yield for most of the property remain more or less the same as two years ago. In HK, it is rather easy to fetch 6% rental yield for mass condo project. If you agree that rental yield is the most common bench mark in the world to guage the invetment quality of a property, perhaps we should not be over optimistic to think that there is a long way to go for property in Singapore to catch up to that of HK.

dun be fooled by agents quoting high prices just to get the marketing rights for your property.

If the demand is there, you can sell it yourself and avert the 2%. I sold mine within a week of putting up my own ad. Save myself some good money....would rather pamper myself then feed the vultures

unless you have problems getting the price you want or selling the unit, otherwise RT is quite seller in itself. Should be able to secure 30% capital gain

Unregistered Guest

By looking thru the ad in ST on property lately, it becomes evident that the market is in sort of chaotic state, at least for many older developments. It is common sight this day to see asking price for property shot up by a big margin in comparing to just three to four months ago, but what is really strange here is that asking price for different units in the same development could differ by as much as 150 psf (I am indeed referring to mass condo projects with average selling price less than a million). Even conisder differencees in facing and high Vs low floor scenario, this is something quite extra ordinary. By speaking to some agents, it is indeed quite clear that many owners demand to have their property listed at a very unreasonable price. In an orderly and rationale market, it is typical to list a property at or slighly above bank valuation, but many owners did not even want to know/care what the bank valuation is for their property. When I called up one agent to ask him about the bank valuation for the unit he listed, he admitted to me that it is about 150K about valuation.

I am also concerned about the argument of cheap price of property in singapore in comparison to other major city such as HK. Majority of mass condo projects (less than 1.5 million purchase price) historically will only provide you a rental yield of 4-4.5%. Since FH property is generally 25% more expensive on PSF basis, the yield could easily drop to 2.5-3%. The rental yield has significantly risen since last year, but the price of property has risen in tandem in the last few months. In fact, there is sign that rental yield has since stabilized and some units had even reduced the asking price (persumable could not find tenants after months). With this scenario developing, the rental yield for most of the property remain more or less the same as two years ago. In HK, it is rather easy to fetch 6% rental yield for mass condo project. If you agree that rental yield is the most common bench mark in the world to guage the invetment quality of a property, perhaps we should not be over optimistic to think that there is a long way to go for property in Singapore to catch up to that of HK.
    In Singapore, except for a few % of those expat and local talents in selected sectors, the pay package is quite low for most inclduing expats in comparing to other major city. I doubt this can be changed much without eroding the competitiveness in light of vast land human and resources that our neighbouring countries can offer. Without a robust pay package, there is no support for continued rental appreciation in the long run

Unregistered Guest

In Singapore, except for a few % of those expat and local talents in selected sectors, the pay package is quite low for most inclduing expats in comparing to other major city. I doubt this can be changed much without eroding the competitiveness in light of vast land human and resources that our neighbouring countries can offer. Without a robust pay package, there is no support for continued rental appreciation in the long run
    Well, that may be true for other central districts which had risen in prices beyond recognition. But as this district had always been low in price, even with the new prices, rental potential & purchase affordability should still be sustainable. Would this even be an issue here? SH, Springdale and was sold for higher prices in the past, similar to current prices, if it was affordable then, why should it not be affordable now, purchase, rental or otherwise?

Hmm, I may be wrong, but IMO, this area wasnt even exactly targeted at expats in the first place? With small supply of rental units, those who can afford stay, those who cant can move to cheaper estates or country. Those who choose to rent out should not have much problem renting out at higher prices I think, given that most people here are buying for personal stay & not rent leading to low supply.

Unregistered Guest

Well, that may be true for other central districts which had risen in prices beyond recognition. But as this district had always been low in price, even with the new prices, rental potential & purchase affordability should still be sustainable. Would this even be an issue here? SH, Springdale and was sold for higher prices in the past, similar to current prices, if it was affordable then, why should it not be affordable now, purchase, rental or otherwise?

Hmm, I may be wrong, but IMO, this area wasnt even exactly targeted at expats in the first place? With small supply of rental units, those who can afford stay, those who cant can move to cheaper estates or country. Those who choose to rent out should not have much problem renting out at higher prices I think, given that most people here are buying for personal stay & not rent leading to low supply.
    Certainly, for high end projects, it is difficult to use any kind of rationale to predict future trends as folks who can afford this sort of projects are not ordinary investors concerning about rental yields as much. In fact, the asking price for high to ultra high end projects in both HK and SInagpore have been rising steadily for the last few yrs and developers are scrambling to secure as many en bloc lands as possible in prime district as these projects can sometime bypass certain standard scrutiny in making an investment decision. However, I doubt the price of high end condo can keep climbing like HK. If you have been to HK, you would be able to tell the incredible view many of these expensive condos or villa can offer. Many places in HL offer truly spectacular views of mountain, city, sea and someimes even islands all at once which I don't think Singapore can beat that.

Unregistered Guest

3rd level....
    Heard from my agent that she has just sold a rail facing unit on 4th floor for about 720k