Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 271217181920212223242526273237424752 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by jrdl
    Try staying in Condo near expressway, the higher the noiser

Can't agree more. Once I went to see a condo along PIE... As I moved up higher, it just got a lot noisier.

Unregistered Guest

Do help to confirm with the agent when you go and view the place. I just went recently and the units facing tracks have normal windows (as opposed to double gazed) and neither is it tinted from the evening sun.

Do post your findings here. Thanks in advance.

Unregistered Guest

I read that from this forum and also from some ST Ads that TOP is 1st Qtr 2008, how firm is this? anybody got any confirmation from developer?

Thanks.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I read that from this forum and also from some ST Ads that TOP is 1st Qtr 2008, how firm is this? anybody got any confirmation from developer?

Thanks.
    If you ask the developer, they will say end of next year, the legal expected date of completion.

When i chat with the foreman there, he's pretty confident that it will be completed by end of this year, even late this year is possible. So TOP early next year jan/feb is highly possible if you allocate time for inspection and paper works.

Anyway, their progress seems pretty fast... more than half has exterior painted, almost all units have window grilles fitted, started to install window panes, landscape garden fittings have started, concrete fence almost all erected, tiling of kitchen and bathroom have started, some units even have internal walls painted....

Wouldn't have to wait long

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

sounds good, I asked bcoz a friend "miscal" the expected TOP, and sold his existing apartment too early, ended up renting another flat just to tahan. Very inconvenient, having to shift barang barang in and out so many times.

I guess to be safe, better wait and see...

Unregistered Guest

sounds good, I asked bcoz a friend "miscal" the expected TOP, and sold his existing apartment too early, ended up renting another flat just to tahan. Very inconvenient, having to shift barang barang in and out so many times.

yep... in a rising market like now, no hurry to sell. you may be able to sell higher later anyways

Unregistered Guest

Hey All - Am considering a 3-rm unit at Blk 97. High floor #38.
    Owner is asking for $900K. That works out to be roughly $685psf for 1313sqft.
    I like the fact that it's a corner unit, tucked in the forest... away from the rest. What do you guys think? Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

Unregistered Guest

I like the fact that it's a corner unit, tucked in the forest... away from the rest. What do you guys think? Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
    As RT is a high density project, not all will appreciate pool view becos tendency is that not only you have pool view but all your neighbours are quite near by and can look into your unit, less privacy and view is "crowded"

#38 is a corner unit, so ventilation is better. Another pro is that you don't look into your neighbours so you have more privacy. Also when you look out you see trees so that's quite nice. Only thing is at nite when you look out it will be pitch black, so no view when dark. Also heard that trees are quite close by and quite tall, some as tall as 9th/10th floor (if you view from bicycle track) so what you see may be limited. And for units facing forest, may have higher chance of insects/butterflies flying into your unit. Also have afternoon sun but may be blocked by high trees (not too sure on this).

All pool view, forest/reserve view, rail track facing have their pros and cons. Actually railtrack facing is also good in the sense that you get occasional noise from train which last less than a min but pricing wise it's much more competitive and also you don't look into neighbours unit so your view is "broader and further". Only thing is you have to worry whether anything will be built in front in the future which will block your view so pool view have this advantage becos its view is "fixed and will not change".

It all depends on what you like and what's more important to you

Unregistered Guest

There is a 3BR unit in ST ads today, going for $600psf.

But if the exact facing matters alot to you, I guess the excess of $85psf or $100K+ may be justifiable, for your future long term nest.

Unregistered Guest

Also pricing wise prefer not to comment due to conflict of interest. As an owner, of course i would like to see price to go up and would tend to see price as reasonable and value for money

Unregistered Guest

i guess nearing to sep/oct this year, top date could be more firmed as completion will then be near its end and developer could give you a better estimate

Unregistered Guest

Earlier someone asked where is the bin centre?

It's under block 99, facing guardhouse, next to the entrance of road leading to basement carpark.

Unregistered Guest

Please could you advise if its worthwhile/beneficial to join the Raintree Owners Support Group. Do you discuss many relevant topics or is this forum more informative? Thank you for your response.

Unregistered Guest

Please could you advise if its worthwhile/beneficial to join the Raintree Owners Support Group. Do you discuss many relevant topics or is this forum more informative? Thank you for your response.
    Silly question, its FOC llike any mailing list you can subscribe or unsubscribe, so you decide for yourself if you wanna join. Must be a RT owner fm what I know.....

Unregistered Guest

forum definitely more useful b'cos the pool of forummers so much larger.... err but guess a pte group can share more personal stuff and real operational probs, $$ issues, do MOs.... nothing really worthwhile or not, like u read, else delete

Unregistered Guest

How informative is this forum? All simple questions with answers you can just get by calling an agent who will be dying to provide you all the info you need.

My own condo's (not RT) internal group used to be lively upon TOP, discuss of all sorts of house planning stuff and neighbours gathering, etc. Nowdays only discuss operational & day-to-day issues once in a bluemoon.

Unregistered Guest

Nobody owes anybody anything to make sure people gain from this forum. How useful such forum is, depends on the voluntary contribution of individuals, who has a heart that is big enough to understand that they if they contribute and help others, one of these days he will also benefit.

So when i join, I dun expect that I must get something out of it, but if I can, I will try to contribute constructively, so as a whole, the interactions will grow constructively.

So what ever you read, the onus is on yourself to filter out who is helping and who is just bitching around, becos he is not benefitting. But dun let that discourage you, as such is the nature of a open forum.

If you are an owner, and really want more focussed discussion, join the RTOG email list that is initiated by Mike.

BTW, I am not mike

Unregistered Guest

Nobody owes anybody anything to make sure people gain from this forum. How useful such forum is, depends on the voluntary contribution of individuals, who has a heart that is big enough to understand that they if they contribute and help others, one of these days he will also benefit.

So when i join, I dun expect that I must get something out of it, but if I can, I will try to contribute constructively, so as a whole, the interactions will grow constructively.

So what ever you read, the onus is on yourself to filter out who is helping and who is just bitching around, becos he is not benefitting. But dun let that discourage you, as such is the nature of a open forum.

If you are an owner, and really want more focussed discussion, join the RTOG email list that is initiated by Mike.

BTW, I am not mike
    What is really special about the thread on RT is that peoples are serious about discussing issues that are of interest and substance. I believe there is also thread on RT in another forum which is equally active and interesting. Despite occasion silly comments appeared in these threads, they were generally being ignored and everything was back to normal very quickly. I have not joined the RTOG mailing list, but I have a strong feeling that this and the other threads on RT serve everyone really well.

Unregistered Guest

$600+ is not expensive in today's market. Having said that you may still wanna squeeze a few bucks out of the seller.

Note that a few new launches are coming up at Bkt Timah/Upper Bkt Timah area.... Cascadia (~$1,300psf) and Jardin (~$1,400psf). These two projects will certainly coz a repricing of the area.

Also, the new MRT stations for Bkt Timah line will be announced by early next year.... with the TOP... I believe you can easily find sellers asking for $700psf by then. Foreigners are not really looking at this area yet but that won't be for long.... The East Coast area (which is popular with mid-class foreigners) is pricing itself out of reach for most new buyers now. Expect more to look this way soon.

So, if you are seriously looking for a unit here.... grab before TOP.

Unregistered Guest

$600+ is not expensive in today's market. Having said that you may still wanna squeeze a few bucks out of the seller.

Note that a few new launches are coming up at Bkt Timah/Upper Bkt Timah area.... Cascadia (~$1,300psf) and Jardin (~$1,400psf). These two projects will certainly coz a repricing of the area.

Also, the new MRT stations for Bkt Timah line will be announced by early next year.... with the TOP... I believe you can easily find sellers asking for $700psf by then. Foreigners are not really looking at this area yet but that won't be for long.... The East Coast area (which is popular with mid-class foreigners) is pricing itself out of reach for most new buyers now. Expect more to look this way soon.

Unless the wages in Singapore for the masses can go up, the property uptreand is basically a bubble and will be ultra sensitive to external factors. This is the difference between economic fundamental Vs transient spike by foreign demand. In the last twenty years, we had already seen these sort
    of cycles repeated quite a few times and numerous locals went bankrupt because of over optimism. Remember, buy within your means!

Unregistered Guest

Heard the sub-sale for this project is also heating up, spoke to the law firm that is processing my sale, there was a quite a number lately. Another reason for driving prices northwards ?? as the other projects in the area are simply outrageously priced. GV particularly!!
    though I think 700psf-750psf is the max that RT will go, maybe by TOP. Still good for all owners...

Unregistered Guest

I got a 2 rm and some agents had approached me offering 540K max. I asked for 580K and they think that it is not possible at all and asked me to let go before potential buyers look elsewhere. I rejected their offers.

Any 2 rm condo now, even in HDB area, is easily above 500K. I don't believe why RT cant command such pricing.

Unregistered Guest

Do help to confirm with the agent when you go and view the place. I just went recently and the units facing tracks have normal windows (as opposed to double gazed) and neither is it tinted from the evening sun.

Do post your findings here. Thanks in advance.
    Can anyone confirm this? If this is really the case, we should question the developer

Unregistered Guest

I got a 2 rm and some agents had approached me offering 540K max. I asked for 580K and they think that it is not possible at all and asked me to let go before potential buyers look elsewhere. I rejected their offers.

Any 2 rm condo now, even in HDB area, is easily above 500K. I don't believe why RT cant command such pricing.
    Exactly! The 40K difference won't impact agent's comm so it's in his/her interest to persuade you to give in.

A yr ago, I had a friend who sold out his condo for $850K... agent said... don't sell, buyer will run.. this and that... Guess what! The same condo one level below was later sold at $920K.... only 2-3mths later.

So, if you are not in a hurry... wait up. RT should appreciate further.

Unregistered Guest

of couse the agent would ask the seller to let go the unit, getting less commission is better than nothing at all if the deal fell thru

Unregistered Guest

Exactly! The 40K difference won't impact agent's comm so it's in his/her interest to persuade you to give in.

A yr ago, I had a friend who sold out his condo for $850K... agent said... don't sell, buyer will run.. this and that... Guess what! The same condo one level below was later sold at $920K.... only 2-3mths later.

So, if you are not in a hurry... wait up. RT should appreciate further.
    Yeah, I bought RT with the intention of staying there and not investing. Hence, I'm not hard up to sell unless the offer is too good to refuse. hahaha

Unregistered Guest

Yeah, I bought RT with the intention of staying there and not investing. Hence, I'm not hard up to sell unless the offer is too good to refuse. hahaha
    Don't mind me asking - what was the price you bot at?

Unregistered Guest

Don't mind me asking - what was the price you bot at?
    most original RT owners bot @ $430 - $520psf..... now prob can get close to $700psf for the higher and better facing units

Unregistered Guest

I was just told that there may be an MRT station for the new Bukit Timah Line at the vacant land besides Southhaven. If that is true, that would be good for all of us. Anyone heard anything about this?

Unregistered Guest

Fat hope.............................................................