Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

ya.... recalled one incident when my car won't open for me, same model, same colour but different license plate no ! I could easily have been mistaken as a car thief!! so embarassing....

Unregistered Guest

agent mentioned 1 carpark lot per unit

Precieux Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I have earlier mentioned about DB box,.............. not all DB box is in utility/maid room, for some units, the DB box is in the store area (for shoes) just next to the main entrance door (fyi)
    Thanks! Good to know that it would be thoughtfully hidden, be it in Utility Rm or default shoe cupboard! Some developers don't bother with that at all, just leave DB exposed; although it would have been of course nicely covered in all showrooms!

Unregistered Guest

any idea what's the unit sales status as of today? still 11 units unsold?

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Hi RT residents,
    I am your new neighbour. Bought a unit facing the railway months ago.
    There is less than 10 units left. I believe it would be sold out soon.
    There is a steady stream of buyers over the last 2 days. RT is hot property.
    Many ppl still love to live near nature. Just visit those places near botanic gradens.........though cannot compare to the locations and landed pty.
    Where else can you find condo at a nature reserve at such attractive price.
    Don't believe those crap comments abt the monkeys. just don't feed them and look fierce to make them know that they are unwelcome.
    They will just hang outside the residential areas where the public (when will these ppl ever learn) would feed them.

Does the new road leading to RT part of RT property?
    Else i will be worried that the public would park there on weekends.

cheers
    Kelvin

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Hi RT residents,
    I am your new neighbour. Bought a unit facing the railway months ago.
    There is less than 10 units left. I believe it would be sold out soon.
    There is a steady stream of buyers over the last 2 days. RT is hot property.
    Many ppl still love to live near nature. Just visit those places near botanic gradens.........though cannot compare to the locations and landed pty.
    Where else can you find condo at a nature reserve at such attractive price.
    Don't believe those crap comments abt the monkeys. just don't feed them and look fierce to make them know that they are unwelcome.
    They will just hang outside the residential areas where the public (when will these ppl ever learn) would feed them.

Does the new road leading to RT part of RT property?
    Else i will be worried that the public would park there on weekends.

cheers
    Kelvin
    While the developer may have helped to develop the road that leads to RT, believe it isnt part of RT property. However, we do have a right as residents to file complaints whenever there are cars parked illegally there. It's illegal & it obstructs traffic flow as the only road to & from the development. So we could all work together, lodge reports to authorities whenever anyone of us spot errant cars, am sure once word gets around, such behaviour would naturally stop in no time!

Cheers!

Unregistered Guest

any idea what's the unit sales status as of today? still 11 units unsold?
    Just came back from showflat which was incredibly crowded. 6 units left. Have a feeling that all will sell out before the next weekend. Spotted quite a few serious buyers discussing with their agents. If you have not seen the showflat or would like to take a second look, better do it fast.

The new road Bukit Drive that leads to RT does not belong to RT. It is a public road but as the road is quite narrow, I doubt it's feasible to park along it as the two-way lane would become one-way. Imagine if you are driving toward RT and someone from RT is driving out, one would have to give way by reversing.

Hope there will be double yellow lines for the new road to prevent such bottleneck from happening..

bearelite Guest

Thumbs up Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Another advantage: You can easily remember where you park your car the night before instead of trying hard to recall especially if there are more than one driver in the family? haha
    Yes , I think it's a good idea to have one alloted carpark per unit , underneath our flats if possible . Who can we speak to about this matter ?

bearelite Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bearelite
    Yes , I think it's a good idea to have one alloted carpark per unit , underneath our flats if possible . Who can we speak to about this matter ?
    But then again , was thinking , some owners may not have cars . So that alloted space may be 'wasted'. Or maybe those who apply for a space can get one ? Or is the process too complicated ? Not sure what's best . We need someone who is experienced in managing condos to advise...

MC Guest

HI RT Owners,

This is mike from the user group. Sorry I was away in Qatar due to work and is back for good for a couple of weeks until I have to leave for barcelona again.

Its good news to see so many constuctive responses of you people in here. I shall formally circulate the cc list with some updates tomorrow evening.

On carpark allocation, based on experience (currently staying in a FCP condo), there is no private allocation of carparks to be fair on a 1st come 1st serve basis. As i understand now, 2nd car owners have to apply for a label for 2nd car on a FCFS basis and pay an additional fee if you wish to hava a 2nd parking lot as the space is limited.

On the monkey issue, monkeys' objective is just food. If we owners are responsible and stop feeding them or leaving food around and the maintainance team is cooperative enough not to leave rubbish around, without food they will stay way from RT. This will need the help of every residence here. As I know monkeys are protected animals. Causing harm in any ways to them might break the law and subjected to fines. Monkeys are part and parcel of the BT forest and we should respect them and leave them alone.

Road leading to RT is public property and there is nothing to stop the weekend crowds from illegal parking along the roads. If there would be blockage which affects our traffic flow, i think a photo with an official letter by the management to the TP would do the trick. This is singapore and illegal parkings will be taken seriously.

On reconstruction of PES, windows, yard etc, the rule is to determine if it is a public area exposed to outside. From my experience here, as long majority of owners put up in writing to the management on a certain design which is uniform and will not distort the image/view of RT from the exterior they are likely to agree. An of course, it will be up to the owners to challenge the contractor(s)' quote. More to be discuss in our owners' group as this is very sensitive.

Hear from you soon.

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Hi neighbours ! I find it amazing that this forum has achieved 9600 hits , the next closest condo is The Quartz at 2500 + hits . So much interest in this development , good for us who have already bought .

Unregistered Guest

I have a seller for a 3-bedrm facing the greenery on a high floor. Nice unit with no blockage. Asking $620psf. If interested, let me know.

Unregistered Guest

The power of forum to stir interest for the development.

Anyway this is good buy for a good location.

Look at all the prices of other condo, soaring beyond the affordability.

Unregistered Guest

I have a seller for a 3-bedrm facing the greenery on a high floor. Nice unit with no blockage. Asking $620psf. If interested, let me know.
    Is this a serious seller? Do you think the seller is willing to let go at 560 psf?

Unregistered Guest

The power of forum to stir interest for the development.

Anyway this is good buy for a good location.

Look at all the prices of other condo, soaring beyond the affordability.
    Since the beginnng of the year, transaction prices of many 20-30 yrs condos soars 30% in just one quarter. I guess speculators is betteing on enbloc sales. It seems that rampant speculation on propery and stock market is going on in many asian cities. It could be a bad omen. Scary!

Unregistered Guest

I have another seller, 3 rm pool-facing highest floor. Willing to let go at $800k neg

lincoln Guest

I have another seller, 3 rm pool-facing highest floor. Willing to let go at $800k neg
    Hi are you the same person who has a unit facing the greenery for sale? Are you an agent?

Sorry don't mean to be rude but I am just thinking if this forum is the appropriate avenue for buying & selling units. Shouldn't that be going to the Classified?

Unregistered Guest

I'm interested in buying a unit here but not at the current cut throat price by the developer who is taking advantage of the situation by profiteering at $620 psf avg. Hence any sub-sale with resonable profit at eg. $560 psf is welcome. For an avg 1,300 sft size which bought at $510 psf, the sub-sale profit of $50K to $60K is OK. This website is about RainTree, be it discussion, ID, rental or sub-sale; all are welcome. As long as it is RainTree interest matters...

Unregistered Guest

Which unit number is this unit located? BTW, for pool facing unit, mid-floor unit has far more impressive view.

Unregistered Guest

I'm interested in buying a unit here but not at the current cut throat price by the developer who is taking advantage of the situation by profiteering at $620 psf avg. Hence any sub-sale with resonable profit at eg. $560 psf is welcome. For an avg 1,300 sft size which bought at $510 psf, the sub-sale profit of $50K to $60K is OK. This website is about RainTree, be it discussion, ID, rental or sub-sale; all are welcome. As long as it is RainTree interest matters...
    Just a little curious. Would it be such a bad buy above 560psf? Afterall, we cant control the way the market is moving, and in reality, we cant stop people from profiting from it. We CAN of course choose to do without the unit that we desire in an attempt to not be affected by it. And this avoidance willl only benefit us if we can find something else that we like as much at a better price?

At 620psf it may seem a little pricey considering what it was bought for previously.But during that time, market sentiments werent as good?

Then again, with 620psf, we could have other choices in other developments as well. But the choices in other developments may also be limited given that many developments are getting pricier too these days. And to get similar pleasant facing & high floors at a location that one desires makes it more difficult? Of course other developments would have their own pros good like public transport which RT is weak in.

Guess, the other alternative is to sit out this crazy boom and wait for market corrections. How much would it be corrected and if it would hit the lows of yesterday is anyone's guess however. (No matter how low the last low prices were they were still higher than the lows of our father's time, it just keeps going up!) Hard to predict...

With SIN inc standards of living & more cosmo, we can only hope that it doesnt go the direction of other major cities in the world like Hong Kong, New York, London, etc. Even Shanghai & Beijing's condo prices are catching up... (though of course it has yet to reach 3000k/psf! )

IMO if its for investment, there may be other better value sub sale older developments to look at right now. If its for home, how many cycles can one sit out? And after sitting it out, will new developments for the location that we desire ever hit our desired low price of yesterday?

Any thoughts?

(BTW, I am NOT an agent, not am I trying to "talk the market up", the market is going up by leaps on its own with or without me & I do not pride myself with the ability to talk up the market on my strength alone. Just a genuine discussion!)

We can make it Guest

Thumbs up Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

At 620psf it may seem a little pricey considering what it was bought for previously.But during that time, market sentiments werent as good?

Then again, with 620psf, we could have other choices in other developments as well. But the choices in other developments may also be limited given that many developments are getting pricier too these days. And to get similar pleasant facing & high floors at a location that one desires makes it more difficult? Of course other developments would have their own pros good like public transport which RT is weak in.
    $620 psf for a 99 yr brand new Bukit Timah condo next to natural greenery, near elite schools, and accessible to the rest of Singapore thru expressways? The CBD and the city is but a 10 - 15 min drive down a straight road?

I don't see why not! $620 psf is a low price to pay for a high quality and unique condo like The Raintree. In fact $620 psf is what people pay for other 99 yr leasehold condos in less prime locations in HDB heartlands. Furthermore, those heartland condos all look the same, got MRT so what? Living there is the same as living in any other condo in any other HDB estate. In other words, boring.

I guess the advantage we have here is how UNIQUE The Raintree is - its location next to the rainforest, its residents, etc. We have to agree that it takes a special kind of person to really fall in love with The Raintree and to buy it. It is not just Dollars and Cents investment decision, we bought it because we really really love it and would like to live here.

Guess, the other alternative is to sit out this crazy boom and wait for market corrections. How much would it be corrected and if it would hit the lows of yesterday is anyone's guess however. (No matter how low the last low prices were they were still higher than the lows of our father's time, it just keeps going up!) Hard to predict...
    For prices to hit the lows of yesterday, the Singaporean economy and society will also have to be as uncertain and depressed as yesterday. Back in the Asian crisis, Singapore survived better than other Asian countries. Today, Singapore can survive even better than the last time. If you analyse property prices in the past 30 to 40 years, you will find that property prices always drop when economy is bad, future is uncertain. When future is certain, even if economy not so good, property will still be healthy. Right now, the future is very certain, and certainly very very bright.

With SIN inc standards of living & more cosmo, we can only hope that it doesnt go the direction of other major cities in the world like Hong Kong, New York, London, etc. Even Shanghai & Beijing's condo prices are catching up... (though of course it has yet to reach 3000k/psf! )
    Singapore is moving into a new phase, just as Singapore property in 1990's is not the same price as Singapore property in the 1980's. Singapore's economy and society are moving very quickly ahead. This is called EVOLUTION.

As Singapore enters into that exclusive club of highly-developed nations, there will be very big foreign money coming into Singapore, not to mention many of our own local citizens becoming very rich by world class standards. The way of life and living standards in Singapore are also going to be world-class. All Singaporeans will want to aspire towards this world-class living standard, which is definitely going to be far removed from life in HDB estate. Neighbouring the nature reserve, lush greenery, on the hillside, now that's what I call world-class quality of life. Any foreigner from any country will see The Raintree as a superior, resort style development, simply because of its location.

Do you want to be left behind in this fast changing world? By purchasing a piece of the gracious lifestyle now at The Raintree, you are in fact moving ahead together with Singapore's economy. A richer, more civilised, more gracious society, and economy.

I now live in a HDB and when I was growing up, I couldn't wait to get out of it as well as bring my parents out of this awful place. Buying a unit at The Raintree allowed me to transcend my HDB background at a very low price. Even at $650 psf, many of my peers will still be stuck buying a condo home in some faraway HDB estate such as Pasir Ris, Tampines, or Hougang. Forever stuck in HDB-land. Thank god I am getting out!

Unregistered Guest

[QUOTE=

Do you want to be left behind in this fast changing world? By purchasing a piece of the gracious lifestyle now at The Raintree, you are in fact moving ahead together with Singapore's economy. A richer, more civilised, more gracious society, and economy.

QUOTE]

haha, Ad libs?!?! Nice one tho!

Thanks for your input! Good discussion here!

Cheers!

Unregistered Guest

Guess it all boils down to individual. What one defines as "prime" location.

For most city living connotes "Prime".

Others may consider fresh air, close to nature, greenery as "Prime".

Think we may be talking about different market segments here?

Typically locals caught up with the lifestyle & conveniences of today would prob choose city living as ideal Prime locations for themselves. Of cos' many highflying expats would also consider city living as Prime too. Those who seek the "other" life of greenery, fresh air & retreat would probably not seek out S'pore by choice. E.g. Australia may offer a better nature centric living with laidback lifestlye to match! However those expats who seek out the "other" life in S'pore (relocated for work,not by choice) probably would have to make do with what greens & nature a city like S'pore can offer.

IMO The best greens are here! Prob one of the best kept secret or most overlooked region with such outstanding qualities

You are right, after a day of work, its nice to return home to a tranquil place to bring us respite and away from the concrete jungle of the centre city.

Personally for me, a little inconveniences in terms of public transport is worth it for this "other" life.

Unregistered Guest

One easy way to understand why people choose to buy RT is to experience it for yourself:

Go for one of the several treks at Bukit Timah Hill and bring along all your five senses. Walk the ground, smell the greens, hear the chirping birds and flowing streams, see the exotic flora/fauna, feel the fresh cool air, listen to your own heart beat......the ambience is totally transquil and you feel at peace with yourself, as if you have been transported to a different world...It's difficult to describe but you got to be a sensual person and you have got to experience it for yourself and you will understand why...

Unregistered Guest

One easy way to understand why people choose to buy RT is to experience it for yourself:

Go for one of the several treks at Bukit Timah Hill and bring along all your five senses. Walk the ground, smell the greens, hear the chirping birds and flowing streams, see the exotic flora/fauna, feel the fresh cool air, listen to your own heart beat......the ambience is totally transquil and you feel at peace with yourself, as if you have been transported to a different world...It's difficult to describe but you got to be a sensual person and you have got to experience it for yourself and you will understand why...
    Matter of acquired taste or innate inclinations?

Unregistered Guest

Before buying my unit, I never knew this property existed. Was scouting around Springdale, Southaven, Hume Park when my girlfriend say what's the construction going on in there. Viola... a hideaway amidst the reserve ! What's more an area that I was hoping for. The showroom was already torn down and we somehow managed to get one of the remaining developer units facing the forest within 48hrs.

I wished that I could have gotten it earlier. But with the $557 psf amidst escalating price, it was still a good buy. What's more it is for me and wife to enjoy and soak in the tranquil surroundings and not with the intention of profiteering, though I see nothing wrong with that.

I am a nature and sports lover, therefore this fits to a tee. I want to be near my parents place in Clementi. I moved about Singapore to see my clients, and the RT is smack in the centre of Singapore with expressways and near town. I want quietness. I have friends around the corner.... a PERFECT HOME!

I echo that not many share the same setiments as RT owners choosing our place. They can form their own opinions, well we just have our own dreams pads to enjoy in a "remote" getaway. Guess RT is not that "remote" anymore with the number of hits!

Unregistered Guest

Matter of acquired taste or innate inclinations?
    Both, I guess

Gonzalas Guest

indeed a very good discussion and I do agree that many who have bought RT have the intention to stay there as it fits the lifestyle of its owners. I really doubt that property prices are going to head south anytime soon. I deal with some hedge fund managers who are based out from HK that are pouring money into the local property market although they are looking for high end homes in town. It will be a matter of time before it starts to filter to other areas. The figures are easily in the billions (US$). Private equity groups DO NOT take chances in this kind of investment tranches and there must a high certainty that their investments yield good returns.

I just met a client who is an american and he too wants to buy into Singapore property. There are just too many foreigners that are going to fuel the property boom here: the indonesians, the arabs, the ang mohs...the list goes on...

Unregistered Guest

Hi potential RT buyers,

10% gross profit is barely sufficient to cover all the cost involved for current RT owners to flip the proeprty, costs including

buyer stamp duty/lawyer fees
    seller stamp duty/lawyer fees/agent commissions/penalty for prepayment of housing loan

it would be idealistic to think that current owners who bought it for $510 per sq ft would want to sell it for $560 per sqft, unless they are desperate to sell their units

Unregistered Guest

Hi potential RT buyers,

10% gross profit is barely sufficient to cover all the cost involved for current RT owners to flip the proeprty, costs including

buyer stamp duty/lawyer fees
    seller stamp duty/lawyer fees/agent commissions/penalty for prepayment of housing loan

it would be idealistic to think that current owners who bought it for $510 per sq ft would want to sell it for $560 per sqft, unless they are desperate to sell their units
    Hmm, so guess in the short term (<5 yrs) it wont be likely that an owner would sell for 560psf as formerly mentioned as the ideal counter offer price to purchase from secondary market of the unit mentioned?

Guess potential buyers looking at buying from secondary market would have to like RT enough to pay enough to take over a property...

However there's also the possibility that someone may have bought on deferred payment before the implementation of immediate stamp duty payment?

Even then, 560psf may still be on the low side to buy someone out. Given that most people who bought it in the first place would very likely be people who liked RT enough to would have actually like to or dont mind staying in RT if they cant sell it at premium.

My agent bought a unit there as well. When I asked if its for staying or for investment, agent said cant decide, dont mind staying there too!