Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Quartz too congested?

Default The Quartz too congested?

Hi All!

i went to visit the Quartz showroom today and i'm attracted to the location near the MRT. All looks good, except that i'm concerned it may turn out to be very congested living with so many units. Comparing to Livia which has 724 units but well spaced-out, Quartz is sitting on about half of Livia's land area.

Hope to hear your views on this, to help in my consideration.

Thanks in advance!

good choice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by deeky
    Hi All!

i went to visit the Quartz showroom today and i'm attracted to the location near the MRT. All looks good, except that i'm concerned it may turn out to be very congested living with so many units. Comparing to Livia which has 724 units but well spaced-out, Quartz is sitting on about half of Livia's land area.

Thanks in advance!
    I personally think is OK, It has all the facilities that I want like; tennis court, basketball court, sky gym and swimming pool and more than enough carpark lots and also 24 hrs NTUC and kopitiam and MRT next to it. It has very good layout of each unit which matter more. So many good points.

Analysis Guest

Amenities beat Livia hands down. Juz my 2 cents

Hi Both

thks for your prompt responses! But i'm referring to the condo facilities... will pools be overly crowded, pits and function rooms etc fully booked, since it's shared by so many residents?

And any parents @Quartz who care to share about the school choices? I've a boy who'll be staring Pri. 1 soon.

Thks!

facilities Guest

Hi Both

thks for your prompt responses! But i'm referring to the condo facilities... will pools be overly crowded, pits and function rooms etc fully booked, since it's shared by so many residents?

And any parents @Quartz who care to share about the school choices? I've a boy who'll be staring Pri. 1 soon.

Thks!
    as with all condos, the initial period will be crowded because everyone wants to have a try at the new facilities. then everything will taper off slowly. if you have been to those smaller condos, the pool is always deserted. to me, i don't think it is a good thing because it makes the condo look so cold and dead.

Unregistered33 Guest

Hi Both

Thks!
    The nearest school is North Vista which is opp TQ.

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered33
    The nearest school is North Vista which is opp TQ.
    Holy Innocent and Monfort..the later all boys...

personally i think block 57 facing open field should be ok..facing floating gym and tennis court..though future plans on the open field remains a ???

Default breasky

Hi All!

Thanks in advance!
    If you are going to buy a LH mass market development located in suburban location with more than 200 units, pls expect crowd. Regardless whether it is Kovan Melody, Quartz , Livia , Lakeshore etc.

Be prepared to queue to use facilities like tennis court and bbq pits because a lot of your future neighbours will bring their relatives and friends to use the facilities.

registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    If you are going to buy a LH mass market development located in suburban location with more than 200 units, pls expect crowd. Regardless whether it is Kovan Melody, Quartz , Livia , Lakeshore etc.

Be prepared to queue to use facilities like tennis court and bbq pits because a lot of your future neighbours will bring their relatives and friends to use the facilities.
    And pay $700 plus psf for a 99 years leasehold condo in a heartland.....

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    And pay $700 plus psf for a 99 years leasehold condo in a heartland.....
    You mean there is $700psf new condo in central?
    If have, all these buyers would have already shifted there.
    Still wait for you?

toad Guest

have been to both quartz and livia showrooms, i personally feel that quartz has a better quality finishing...... livia's finishing look cheap (but what can you expect from a $600plus psf project).....

almost bought a 2 bedder at quartz, but after some consideration and viewing, think quartz's pricing does justify itself. feel that stadia and evania near serangoon mrt is a much better buy.

Registered Guest

CDL will build more condo next to Livia thus bringing competition to that property. Resale value sure drop.

Unregister Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toad
    have been to both quartz and livia showrooms, i personally feel that quartz has a better quality finishing...... livia's finishing look cheap (but what can you expect from a $600plus psf project).....

almost bought a 2 bedder at quartz, but after some consideration and viewing, think quartz's pricing does justify itself. feel that stadia and evania near serangoon mrt is a much better buy.
    stadia and evania are by no means near serangoon mrt, at least 15 mins walk for stadia and mostly unsheltered too. the mrt near evania is paya lebar but again, it is also quite far away from it.

Compass Heights Guest

I was considering Quartz but ended up buying Compass Heights.
    Its much cheaper at sub 600$ psf. Much better with MRT and Compass Point mall just below.

In future expect Quartz to drop even below the Compass Heights prices. Not a good investment for me.

Agito1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Compass Heights
    I was considering Quartz but ended up buying Compass Heights.
    Its much cheaper at sub 600$ psf. Much better with MRT and Compass Point mall just below.

In future expect Quartz to drop even below the Compass Heights prices. Not a good investment for me.
    Hi Compass Heights, why would Quartz drop below Compass Heights? Compass Heights is already close to a decade old already I thought? It is also 99 years leasehold. Hence its value will depreciate faster.

But do agree that the mall and MRT just below makes it much better for rental income generating. Capital appreciation in next decade or more will be hard as it is depreciating sharply. You should buy a freehold property if you really wanted to invest. Or should consider maybe getting a 99 year development at very good location such as The Reflection.

Unregister Guest

read a number of complaints about Compass Heights from condo.com. there is also no enbloc potential because of shops and interchange. like queensway shopping centre or bukit timah shopping centre or people's park complex which have become pretty run-down with time.

Tar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregister
    read a number of complaints about Compass Heights from condo.com. there is also no enbloc potential because of shops and interchange. like queensway shopping centre or bukit timah shopping centre or people's park complex which have become pretty run-down with time.
    Where is this site? Can share the common problems with Compass Heights? overcrowding for facilities use?

website Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tar
    Where is this site? Can share the common problems with Compass Heights? overcrowding for facilities use?
    it was originally at condo.com.sg before it went for an overhaul and was inaccessible for a long while. heard that it was up again, but didn't visit it as yet.

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tar

i don't think any chance for enbloc..sitting on interchange and compass point..to summarize no land as upper deck of other's..

how to rebuild?

Noff Guest

From my experience, 300-450 units is optimal - lots of facilities with large pools and usually underutlilised. Less than 200 units usually v small pool and high maintenance charges. >500 units are usually too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium

Un Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Noff
    From my experience, 300-450 units is optimal - lots of facilities with large pools and usually underutlilised. Less than 200 units usually v small pool and high maintenance charges. >500 units are usually too crowded.
    yes, underutilised facilities for 300-400 units and make the condo seem very dead.

OK Lah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Un
    yes, underutilised facilities for 300-400 units and make the condo seem very dead.
    well, it depend on how you look at it. In the weekdays chances are not many people use the facilities, but come weekend than maybe crowed. And I think this is what people want when they buy a condo. It give them a resort and very relax feeling and the place will become very lively.

Compass Heights Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Agito1
    Hi Compass Heights, why would Quartz drop below Compass Heights? Compass Heights is already close to a decade old already I thought? It is also 99 years leasehold. Hence its value will depreciate faster.

But do agree that the mall and MRT just below makes it much better for rental income generating. Capital appreciation in next decade or more will be hard as it is depreciating sharply. You should buy a freehold property if you really wanted to invest. Or should consider maybe getting a 99 year development at very good location such as The Reflection.
    You have made my point.
    I plan to buy a condo to generate some rental income. Find it safer to put my money in property...rather than any mini-bonds. Compass Heights is very easy to rent out and buying at today's depressed prices means I have good chances of retaining my capital investment. Good rental return is a plus.
    I dont want to take a loan, thats why not considering freehold which is out of my budget.

Buying a new condo is good for those who need to live in it, can enjoy the spanking new facilities. No point renting out a new unit and let tenants mess it up.

Anyhow, my best wishes to my TQ neighbours. May we all make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass Heights
    You have made my point.
    I plan to buy a condo to generate some rental income. Find it safer to put my money in property...rather than any mini-bonds. Compass Heights is very easy to rent out and buying at today's depressed prices means I have good chances of retaining my capital investment. Good rental return is a plus.
    I dont want to take a loan, thats why not considering freehold which is out of my budget.

Buying a new condo is good for those who need to live in it, can enjoy the spanking new facilities. No point renting out a new unit and let tenants mess it up.

Anyhow, my best wishes to my TQ neighbours. May we all make money.
    cannot afford just say so lah, no need to tell life story

Quote Originally Posted by Rapister
    cannot afford just say so lah, no need to tell life story
    u are the one with no money tts why only can buy a discounted unit in lakeside. got money buy FH la... dumbo...

Quote Originally Posted by chang
    u are the one with no money tts why only can buy a discounted unit in lakeside. got money buy FH la... dumbo...
    already have FH. u tink caspian is my first property meh?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapister
    already have FH. u tink caspian is my first property meh?
    pui, if you think you are so good, dont come to talk in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Hi noblebaby, please ignore this Rabid dog...ooophs...I mean Rapister. Obviously, this dog can write and go around flaming people under the mask of anonymity. Maybe can write in to adminstrator to highlight. At least the Rabid dog will have his account suspense and be forced to re-register a new account. Go look at his past postings and you will know this guy is rabid as suggested by his nick. And it is very funny that such people in real life dun dare to interact with people this way and they only do so on forums.

so you saying that people who come here no good?

anyway relax lah why angry, just share ideas no need to get personal rite? im just giving honest comment

if disagree can just discuss peacefully, dont anyhow scold people rabid this rabid that.

quatz quite good lah. if u buy already then congrats. if cannot afford FH like me, maybe u work harder lor. no hard feeling .

Hi all,

You will be playing into his(rapist)'s hand if you all get agitated or angry.
    Just ignore him lor, empty vessels make the most noise.