Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 72

Thread: De Royale (D12, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

  1. #1
    sigh
    Guest

    Default De Royale (D12, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

    Anyone here have good or bad comment for Deroyale?
    It is just TOP not along ago and the condo look really great from outside.
    Do you think its a great location for investment??
    Its only 5-10 min walk to Toa Payoh Mrt.

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: De Royale?

    I would say the location is superb.
    Not too many condo in Toa Payoh. So the value would likely be sustained.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: De Royale?

    Just next to the busy PIE, may be a tad too noisy

  4. #4
    kellysdc
    Guest

    Default Re: De Royale?

    De Royale is nearer to the Toa Payoh MRT compared to many condos on the other side of Balestier Road. I like the high-rise concept and the looks of this, but the resale price is quite

  5. #5
    Intrepid Explorer 2.0
    Guest

    Default Re: De Royale (D12, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

    Some De Royale pics taken last year before TOP














  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: De Royale (D12, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

    Unfortunately the building looks old fashion and not as impressive when compared to other nearby condo.

  7. #7
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: De Royale (D12, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

    I agree... looks like a new generation HDB. How come their architects have no creativity? Most new developments launched today also look similar. Take Waterford for example. You put it in Bukit timah, Holland Village, or Clementi, or East Coast, it will still fit in with the rest of the condos there. All look the same.

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: De Royale (D12, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

    The fence looks very cheapskate! See through concept? Archi of Building not very modern, many concrete and little glass, except it has very towering height that make it looks slightly impressive among others in Balestier area!

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Guest

    Smile De Royale

    Anyone know what was the launch price for De royale? Interested to buy a resale unit now.

  10. #10
    DR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie
    Anyone know what was the launch price for De royale? Interested to buy a resale unit now.
    Launch prices from the developer were around 650+ psf, depending on floor level.

    Recent transacted prices are around 1000+ psf, again depending on facing and level.

  11. #11
    Newbie
    Guest

    Default

    Latest transacted price was $794/psf. Is it worthwhile to pay $1K+/psf for De royale? I saw some advert for rental at $4K per mth, good investment based on current price of $1K+/ psf?

  12. #12
    DR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie
    Latest transacted price was $794/psf. Is it worthwhile to pay $1K+/psf for De royale? I saw some advert for rental at $4K per mth, good investment based on current price of $1K+/ psf?
    In my view, no. Not really worthwhile to pay above 1k psf for De Royale given current market. Max you should go is $950 psf for high floor (>20) units with good facing (i.e. stacks 1 and 5), and below 900 psf for lower floor units. Most stacks (other than 1 and 5) face each other.

  13. #13
    Newbie
    Guest

    Default

    Thanks for your advice. I personally feel that there is no hurry to buy now since its a resale unit and given current mkt condition, price might go down. I also agree with you on the 2 blks facing each other, too near.

  14. #14
    Newbie
    Guest

    Default

    Am new to buying private property. I know the stamp duty for new development is 3% of purchase price, is this the same for resale? Also, for resale, I believe we need to pay agent commission, what is the commission %?

    Other than stamp duty and agent commission, what other charges do I need to factor in my budget?

    Thanks

  15. #15
    DR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie
    Am new to buying private property. I know the stamp duty for new development is 3% of purchase price, is this the same for resale? Also, for resale, I believe we need to pay agent commission, what is the commission %?

    Other than stamp duty and agent commission, what other charges do I need to factor in my budget?

    Thanks
    Exact formula for stamp duty is:

    1% of first $180,000 + 2% of next $180,000 + 3% of any further amount.

    Simplified formula, 3% of purchase price minus $5400.
    (Assuming purchase price is > $360,000)

    Same stamp duty for new purchase or resale.

    Buyer usually does not pay agent's commission, the seller will be the one paying that.

    Conveyancing charges usually around $2k+ to $3k+, check with your lawyer. Usually the bank lending you money will subsidise some of this, check the exact details with your bank.

    De Royale is within walking distance to Toa Payoh MRT, but not a comfortable walk as you will have to cross over a long and tall overhead bridge to cross the expressway. Should take around 10 mins at normal walking pace.

  16. #16
    Newbie
    Guest

    Default

    Thanks for the info.

    Do you think now its a good time to buy pte property? Will prices fall further?
    Went to clover by the park showflat and price ard $790/psf for high floor, feel that its quite reasonable in today's market but am concerned property prices might fall.

  17. #17
    Unregistered999
    Guest

    Default

    Dun buy anything now, wait for Jan2009

  18. #18
    Newbie
    Guest

    Default

    Are you expecting property prices to fall?

  19. #19
    Prophet
    Guest

    Default

    Price will go up by Q4.

  20. #20
    Unregistered888
    Guest

    Default HOT PROPERTY....I AM NOT AN AGENT COZ THEY STINK

    go 4 beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!

  21. #21
    Unregistered123
    Guest

    Default

    Deroyale is crap. So few facilities and stuff so many units into this enbloc devt. The 2+1 is pathetic. At 1055sqft, you would be hardpressed to store anything in the bedrooms or bathrooms. The only thing going for it is that it was 100% sold during the launch, so folks think that there must be something going on - a good deal that they cannot miss. But I beg to differ. To be fair, this is the only condo in balestier that has a tennis court. But the rest of the facilities are pathetic for the kind of rental price the tenants are paying.

    Other condos like Belleforte, Papillon, Calarasi, Parc Haven and D'Lotus are just as good.

  22. #22
    Unregistered forever
    Guest

    Default go 4 beacon heights

    go for beacn heights whch is in d12. Gd units almost sold out b4 public launch so hurry. Go 4 the high flrs at 900plus psf and enjoy panoramic unblockd views. It has full cndo fac including tennis court n 50m pool. Wat r u waiting 4? Btw i am nt an agent coz they r parasites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    Deroyale is crap. So few facilities and stuff so many units into this enbloc devt. The 2+1 is pathetic. At 1055sqft, you would be hardpressed to store anything in the bedrooms or bathrooms. The only thing going for it is that it was 100% sold during the launch, so folks think that there must be something going on - a good deal that they cannot miss. But I beg to differ. To be fair, this is the only condo in balestier that has a tennis court. But the rest of the facilities are pathetic for the kind of rental price the tenants are paying.

    Other condos like Belleforte, Papillon, Calarasi, Parc Haven and D'Lotus are just as good.

  23. #23
    Cellona
    Guest

    Default Stack 1 & 5 of DeRoyale

    I read this forum with interest.

    There was an entry by DR on 27 Jun who mentioned about Stack 1 & 5 of DeRoyale. I can't agree more with him/her. Though the units facing the DeRoyale pool(s) are bigger units (3 bedroom), their proximity from one another doesn't provide privacy.

    I've been to both stacks before. My sister & her friend own one unit each. I feel Stack 5 is better than 1 in terms of view. Though Stack 5 (1055sf) have no pool view at DeRoyale, the master bedroom enjoys the view of multiple pool view of Toa Payoh Pools (5 of them) plus two more pools at Police Club (forgot its name). For Chinese, a lot of 財 (cai=wealth).

    Balcony view of Stack 1 & 5 are good. Though Stack 5 is closer to the PIE but Jalan Rajah & canal give the condo a rather good buffer before the expressway.

    There is no blockage even at the long bath in the Master Bathroom whereas Stack 1 master bedroom's & bathroom's view is blocked by nearby flats/condos. No privacy.

    Though the walk to Toa Payoh MRT isn't a very short one, its close proximity to HDB Hub, shops, banking facilities, restaurants, food courts, supermarkets (2 NTUC & 1 Coldstorage) bookshop, Spore Post makes it convenient for one to run errands . Moreover, TP station is only 3 stations away from Orchard station.

    The walk to Toa Payoh MRT is via Toa Payoh Park where you can find the well-known Oasis Taiwan Porridge...the one that has been shifted from somewhere near Singapore Indoor Stadium.

    If only I've the necessary funds, I'd like to buy a unit in DeRoyale. Very envious of my sis & her friend. So now can only enjoy the view & facilities when I visit them.

  24. #24
    Cellona
    Guest

    Default DeRoyale vs the other ptys mentioned by Unreg 123

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    Deroyale is crap. So few facilities and stuff so many units into this enbloc devt. The 2+1 is pathetic. At 1055sqft, you would be hardpressed to store anything in the bedrooms or bathrooms. The only thing going for it is that it was 100% sold during the launch, so folks think that there must be something going on - a good deal that they cannot miss. But I beg to differ. To be fair, this is the only condo in balestier that has a tennis court. But the rest of the facilities are pathetic for the kind of rental price the tenants are paying.

    Other condos like Belleforte, Papillon, Calarasi, Parc Haven and D'Lotus are just as good.
    I am amazed at what Unregistered 123 has mentioned in his post 6 days ago. I wonder if she/he has been to all the ptys & studied all of them before his/her post. Just in case any reader here is misguided by his/her post, I'd like to share my 2-cent worth of opinion with all of you.

    When my sister & her family were looking for a condo near Toa Payoh, I went around to look for one with her family whenever I've the time as I love seeing properties.

    1) Belleforte - depending on which unit you are staying...in the first place Belleforte has only abt 50 units (not referring to any website for info, just from memory). Lower floor units facing Balestier Road actually have the rear view of the old shophouses. Also, Belleforte is further away from Toa Payoh MRT compared to DeRoyale. Higher units probably have better view.

    2)Papillon - should be about 4 years old by now (also from memory). The view is terrible. You get either the flatted factory view or the temple view. The facade faces Golden Wall Flatted Factory while the rear faces the temple. May be higher floor units at the rear get better view. Again, devt is only about 50 units.

    3)Parc Haven, Calarasi & D'lotus are at Kim Keat side & definitely cannot be compared with Jalan Rajah/Jalan Rama Rama side. Kim Keat side ptys have traditionally been lower in value (in both capital value & rental value) than this side of Balestier which is closer to District 11.

    4) Why tenants are paying more for DeRoyale as compared to the rest of the ptys mentioned. DeRoyale has good quality finishes & is well-managed by Knight Frank. Security is tight as it is not only at the main entrance you have guards, there are guards before each block's lift lobby. Next, there is electronic door lock system. Facilities-wise..25m pool, wading pool, jacuzzi, massage spa near pool, steam room, gym, BBQ area, Tennis Court, 2 children's playground etc (the ones I can remember)

    5)It's only fair if one compares light with light...DeRoyale is a twin twr project with 204 units. The finishes are of high quality because Hoi Hup being a construction firm wants to make a foray into the pty devt industry. Just like Lian Beng's (construction firm) latest OLA showflat (East Coast Road) & Kovan Residences showflat...you'd see fantastic interior decor (any time better interior decor than Dakota Residences & Clover at Bishan). The finishes provided at OLA are much better quality than those offered at Clover & Dakota.

    6)Tenants are not ignorant people, they can also tell if the development is of good quality finishes or not. That is why up to today, 10-year old Trellis Towers developed by City Development still commanding good rental. Of course, the view is another plus point. No one can deny the fact that a condo unit with superb view can be leased out much quicker than one that has none to offer.

  25. #25
    Unregistered123
    Guest

    Default

    I think Cellona is the one misleading people here. Many tenants are looking to shift out of Deroyale to other Balestier units due to the ridiculous asking rental prices there. What view? Direct afternoon sun view?

    Go check out the apts yourself if you don't believe. Pathetically small and overcrowded. What to expect, seeing that this 2 buildings (Duke and Duchess
    ) are built so close to one another due to lack of space from an enbloc sale. Only the 1st owners and the developers made money. What good finishings are you taking about? They are at best average. And only the penthouses and those units with wet and dry kitchens are of average size. DeRoyale also faces a temple (in a residential landed unit), suffers from overcrowding and small unit size... and all the one block of the two bedrooms face direct afternoon sun. To be fair, if the 2+1 units did not have a study room, then the units would have been a decent size. As it is now, it is like living in a sardine can.

    The hype over Deroyale is overdone... and the agents there did a good job of pushing the initial rentals there skyhigh die to the 100% sold rate earlier. Most of these tenants are now moving on to the other apts in Balestier i.e. Calarasi, Parc Haven, Rajah Towers, Belleforte, Papillon, Twin Heights and D'Lotus for much better value for money deals.

  26. #26
    curious
    Guest

    Default

    hi guys,

    just wondering what a brand new 660sqf studio in D12 above 20th floor with good view and full condo facilities can rent for? The condo is 3 stops to town.

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    I think Cellona is the one misleading people here. Many tenants are looking to shift out of Deroyale to other Balestier units due to the ridiculous asking rental prices there. What view? Direct afternoon sun view?

    Go check out the apts yourself if you don't believe. Pathetically small and overcrowded. What to expect, seeing that this 2 buildings (Duke and Duchess
    ) are built so close to one another due to lack of space from an enbloc sale. Only the 1st owners and the developers made money. What good finishings are you taking about? They are at best average. And only the penthouses and those units with wet and dry kitchens are of average size. DeRoyale also faces a temple (in a residential landed unit), suffers from overcrowding and small unit size... and all the one block of the two bedrooms face direct afternoon sun. To be fair, if the 2+1 units did not have a study room, then the units would have been a decent size. As it is now, it is like living in a sardine can.

    The hype over Deroyale is overdone... and the agents there did a good job of pushing the initial rentals there skyhigh die to the 100% sold rate earlier. Most of these tenants are now moving on to the other apts in Balestier i.e. Calarasi, Parc Haven, Rajah Towers, Belleforte, Papillon, Twin Heights and D'Lotus for much better value for money deals.

  27. #27
    Cellona
    Guest

    Default Tenant/Buyer, pls view DeRoyale & judge for yourselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    I think Cellona is the one misleading people here. Many tenants are looking to shift out of Deroyale to other Balestier units due to the ridiculous asking rental prices there. What view? Direct afternoon sun view?

    Go check out the apts yourself if you don't believe. Pathetically small and overcrowded. What to expect, seeing that this 2 buildings (Duke and Duchess
    ) are built so close to one another due to lack of space from an enbloc sale. Only the 1st owners and the developers made money. What good finishings are you taking about? They are at best average. And only the penthouses and those units with wet and dry kitchens are of average size. DeRoyale also faces a temple (in a residential landed unit), suffers from overcrowding and small unit size... and all the one block of the two bedrooms face direct afternoon sun. To be fair, if the 2+1 units did not have a study room, then the units would have been a decent size. As it is now, it is like living in a sardine can.

    The hype over Deroyale is overdone... and the agents there did a good job of pushing the initial rentals there skyhigh die to the 100% sold rate earlier. Most of these tenants are now moving on to the other apts in Balestier i.e. Calarasi, Parc Haven, Rajah Towers, Belleforte, Papillon, Twin Heights and D'Lotus for much better value for money deals.

    Readers of CONDOsingapore.com should see DeRoyale units to judge for themselves. I just cannot comprehend why Unreg 123 can be so worked-up right from his/her first post calling DeRoyale 'crap' ungraciously. I can't help to feel she/he was either a dissatisfied & sore ex-tenant of DeRoyale or she/he is an agent with many units of other Dist 12 condominiums/apartments to market for lease or sale & using this forum as his/her marketing tool selfishly.

    If she/he is sincerely helping readers of CONDOsingapore.com, then she/he should sing praises of all the other Dist 12 condominiums/apts he/she mentioned in their respective threads rather to attempt to splatter 'venom' in irrelevant grounds.

    Anyone with a right mind would not even consider that small single-storey
    terrace house along Jln Rama Rama a temple. Has he/she ever compared the size of the temple at Boon Teck Road with that small prayer place at Jalan Rama Rama? Has he/she looked up the street directory, all temples in Spore are indicated as 'temple' in the street directory. A temple housed in a terrace house can be switched back to residential as it is not its zoning in the Master Plan whereas the plot of land where the 'temple' along Boon Teck Road is sitting on is zoned for Place of Worship. Moreover, one has to walk across a small road to reach the so-called temple from DeRoyale whereas Papillon's plot of land is adjacent to Boon Teck Road Temple, no buffer.

    Most high-rise units of DeRoyale have unblocked view. Prospective tenants, you can judge for yourselves when you view the units for rental. Yes..the 3 bedroom units are located rather close to one another & I didn't disagree with Unreg 123 in this respect. But Stack 1 & 5 have better uncluttered view. Prospective tenants, see for yourselves to believe if you feel that my view is in partial conflict with that of Unreg 123.

    Unreg 123 believes in the lack of view in DeRoyale & highly recommend older apts such as 30-40-year old Rajah Tower, shorter devts such as Calarasi, Parc Haven (10sty), D'Lotus, Papillon & Belleforte (20sty). Yes...Twin Hts is pretty tall & it's the best competitor for DeRoyale due to the size of the development. However, Twin Hts used to have better view but with many condominiums mushrooming in the Mandalay area, the view is not as good as before. So could Unreg 123 specifically quote about the view of the rest of the condo she/he mentioned?

    If view isn't a big part for your consideration, prospective tenant, surely, DeRoyale's proximity to Toa Payoh MRT is one big PLUS point (Pls read my earlier posts). None of the devts Unreg 123 mentioned are of closer proximity to an MRT station than DeRoyal.

    Stack 1 & 5 are of 1055 sf, 2+1+1. 2 bedrooms, 1 study room which can squeeze a single bed. There is a Civil Defence shelter which can be used as a store. Layout is squarish & it's easy to get furniture. I don't know how big a 2 bedroom unit Unreg will deem a reasonable size?

    Finishes of DeRoyale is good as compared to other develpments in Balestier area. Of course, I cannot compare DeRoyale's finishes with those of St Regis or Nassim Residences or any prime district properties 9, 10 & 11. Living/Dining - Marble or Parquet flooring(original buyer had to choose), bedrooms - Parquet flooring, Master bath - granite tiles flooring. Gateman electronic lock that uses either number combination or electronic key. Beautiful i FORMZ bathroom basin integrated with cabinet below. GROHE taps. BOSCH electric appliances. Corian solid surface for kitchen.

    Unreg 123 mentioned the land size of DeRoyale being small when it is almost 100,000sf, which is more than twice the required land size for condo development. 64 Hoover walk up Apts & a stretch of Terrace houses used to sit on this plot of land. Pls see the rest of the condos(other than Twin Hts, Rajah Twrs) he/she mentioned, then you'd know what 'small' is.

    When Unreg 123 mentioned many tenants are moving out of DeRoyale...I wonder where he/she got the information from. In the first place, there aren't that many tenants in DeRoyale, at least for the 1055 sf. Due to its reasonable sale price back in early 2004, many buyers are owner-occupiers themselves.

    To prospective buyer & tenant, please view Stack 1 & 5 (#01 & #05 at the end of the unit number) & judge for yourselves.

  28. #28
    DR
    Guest

    Smile The Truth about De Royale (My version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellona
    Readers of CONDOsingapore.com should see DeRoyale units to judge for themselves. I just cannot comprehend why Unreg 123 can be so worked-up right from his/her first post calling DeRoyale 'crap' ungraciously. I can't help to feel she/he was either a dissatisfied & sore ex-tenant of DeRoyale or she/he is an agent with many units of other Dist 12 condominiums/apartments to market for lease or sale & using this forum as his/her marketing tool selfishly.

    If she/he is sincerely helping readers of CONDOsingapore.com, then she/he should sing praises of all the other Dist 12 condominiums/apts he/she mentioned in their respective threads rather to attempt to splatter 'venom' in irrelevant grounds.

    Anyone with a right mind would not even consider that small single-storey
    terrace house along Jln Rama Rama a temple. Has he/she ever compared the size of the temple at Boon Teck Road with that small prayer place at Jalan Rama Rama? Has he/she looked up the street directory, all temples in Spore are indicated as 'temple' in the street directory. A temple housed in a terrace house can be switched back to residential as it is not its zoning in the Master Plan whereas the plot of land where the 'temple' along Boon Teck Road is sitting on is zoned for Place of Worship. Moreover, one has to walk across a small road to reach the so-called temple from DeRoyale whereas Papillon's plot of land is adjacent to Boon Teck Road Temple, no buffer.

    Most high-rise units of DeRoyale have unblocked view. Prospective tenants, you can judge for yourselves when you view the units for rental. Yes..the 3 bedroom units are located rather close to one another & I didn't disagree with Unreg 123 in this respect. But Stack 1 & 5 have better uncluttered view. Prospective tenants, see for yourselves to believe if you feel that my view is in partial conflict with that of Unreg 123.

    Unreg 123 believes in the lack of view in DeRoyale & highly recommend older apts such as 30-40-year old Rajah Tower, shorter devts such as Calarasi, Parc Haven (10sty), D'Lotus, Papillon & Belleforte (20sty). Yes...Twin Hts is pretty tall & it's the best competitor for DeRoyale due to the size of the development. However, Twin Hts used to have better view but with many condominiums mushrooming in the Mandalay area, the view is not as good as before. So could Unreg 123 specifically quote about the view of the rest of the condo she/he mentioned?

    If view isn't a big part for your consideration, prospective tenant, surely, DeRoyale's proximity to Toa Payoh MRT is one big PLUS point (Pls read my earlier posts). None of the devts Unreg 123 mentioned are of closer proximity to an MRT station than DeRoyal.

    Stack 1 & 5 are of 1055 sf, 2+1+1. 2 bedrooms, 1 study room which can squeeze a single bed. There is a Civil Defence shelter which can be used as a store. Layout is squarish & it's easy to get furniture. I don't know how big a 2 bedroom unit Unreg will deem a reasonable size?

    Finishes of DeRoyale is good as compared to other develpments in Balestier area. Of course, I cannot compare DeRoyale's finishes with those of St Regis or Nassim Residences or any prime district properties 9, 10 & 11. Living/Dining - Marble or Parquet flooring(original buyer had to choose), bedrooms - Parquet flooring, Master bath - granite tiles flooring. Gateman electronic lock that uses either number combination or electronic key. Beautiful i FORMZ bathroom basin integrated with cabinet below. GROHE taps. BOSCH electric appliances. Corian solid surface for kitchen.

    Unreg 123 mentioned the land size of DeRoyale being small when it is almost 100,000sf, which is more than twice the required land size for condo development. 64 Hoover walk up Apts & a stretch of Terrace houses used to sit on this plot of land. Pls see the rest of the condos(other than Twin Hts, Rajah Twrs) he/she mentioned, then you'd know what 'small' is.

    When Unreg 123 mentioned many tenants are moving out of DeRoyale...I wonder where he/she got the information from. In the first place, there aren't that many tenants in DeRoyale, at least for the 1055 sf. Due to its reasonable sale price back in early 2004, many buyers are owner-occupiers themselves.

    To prospective buyer & tenant, please view Stack 1 & 5 (#01 & #05 at the end of the unit number) & judge for yourselves.
    Haha, I sense an argument slowly building up here.

    To clarify matters, I am the one who posted posts #10, 12 & 15, i.e. the one who said go for stacks 1 and 5 if you really want to buy a unit at De Royale.

    To set matters straight, high floor stack 1 and 5 units DO offer great unblocked views, both from the balcony and bedrooms. All other stacks however, have blocked views as they face the other tower. What you can see are only the units facing you directly, which is a big turnoff as it creates the impression that you are in just another pigeon hole in the development.

    Also, just in case anyone's interested, stack 1 and 5 units are 2 + Study units up to the 25th floor (or thereabouts), from the 26th floor onwards they are full 3-bedroom units, equal in size to all other De Royale units (i.e. 1281sqft), albeit with a totally different layout which is more efficient in my opinion. (At least there's no bulky bar counter making your living room that much smaller)

    As for the finishing, I would say that it is of pretty decent quality, nothing fantastic, but definitely not too shabby. In comparison with the other developments mentioned, e.g. Belleforte, Papillon, D'Lotus, etc, De Royale is definitely more distinctive due to its towering height and large size.

    D'Lotus is a scam job from Allgreen. The units are small and cramped, and the bathrooms are so small that you'll have trouble picking up your soap if you drop it during showering. The neighbourhood is crap too, old industrial buildings or chinese temple, take your pick. (By the way, URA has rezoned the area for residential use, the industrial buildings will make way eventually. The neighbourhood may be more pleasant in the future, but be prepared for lots of construction before that happens). And of cos, it is within minutes' walk to Toa Payoh MRT, perhaps 20-30 minutes to be exact.

    Papillon is crap: huge irregularly shaped and useless balcony almost half the size of the living and dining area, almost totally obstructed view for majority of units (and if you are lucky to get a top floor unit, you get to just overlook the neighbouring rooftops of the aged neighbouring developments, just wonderful!!). The common rooms are ridiculously small, even for this age and era, and the common facilities are minimal. Units are orientated E-W, instead of N-S.

    Belleforte is barely ok, just make sure you get a high floor unit to look above your neighbours. But it is decidedly looking aged and unimpressive. To be honest I have not seen units in Parc Haven and Calarasi, so I can't comment on the interior. But the location is definitely not as desirable as De Royale, unless being close to Whampoa Market is all you crave.

    Now, having said all that, I still think that De Royale is overpriced at the current asking prices. It is the best condo on this side of balestier currently, but not all that great. The walk to Toa Payoh hub is relatively long and unpleasant (first you cross a large drain, then climb a long overhead bridge across the expressway, then attempt to cross a major road on the Toa Payoh side without a conveniently located crossing, all the while totally unsheltered.) Its facade is boring and uninspiring, facilities are just ok.

    In summary, if you really must stay in this part of Balestier, De Royale is your best choice. But try not to pay too much for it. $950-1000+ psf is way too high in my opinion, but luckily asking prices are slowly but surely dropping recently. I really wonder what those people who bought units in Casa Fortuna and Verve are thinking of. But then again, unit sizes there are small, starting from studios, so I guess the overall quantums are small. The forummer who asked about potential rental for a studio unit in the area must be referring to one of these developments.

    What I mean is that at these prices, you have many options. Look a little harder, and if you still prefer De Royale, by all means go ahead. Just try to get a high floor stack 1 or 5 unit there.

    Hope I have not managed to piss off everyone in this thread, this is just my frank opinion. I just happened to be so bored tonight, hence the lengthy reply to your posts. Anyway, to each their own, and have fun property hunting...

  29. #29
    Unregistered123
    Guest

    Default

    Looks like Cellona is getting hot and bothered. See how she anxiously argues about the temple residential unit and devoted one whole para to it. She must be an agent or desperate seller of DeRoyale.

    No point paying more than $1000psf for crap with small sized facilities. Go check out the laughing stock of the pool that DeRoyale has. Face it, developments dotted in Balestier are all about the same. No point overpaying so much for DeRoyale, whether you are owner or tenant wise. You can pick up the rest of the projects in Balestier at 20% to 30% cheaper. If you buy DeRoyale, you will only make the 1st and now desperate owners happy and laughing away to the bank.

    I am not an agent nor buyer. But I only buy when I see value. See how Cellona denigrates all the other developments in Balestier while trumpeting her own DeRoyale. Does that not smack of an anxious or panicky owner out to take advantage of naive and gullible buyers?

  30. #30
    Cellona
    Guest

    Default Fair & Precise summary of DeRoyale from a knowledgeable Person

    Quote Originally Posted by DR
    Haha, I sense an argument slowly building up here.

    To clarify matters, I am the one who posted posts #10, 12 & 15, i.e. the one who said go for stacks 1 and 5 if you really want to buy a unit at De Royale.

    To set matters straight, high floor stack 1 and 5 units DO offer great unblocked views, both from the balcony and bedrooms. All other stacks however, have blocked views as they face the other tower. What you can see are only the units facing you directly, which is a big turnoff as it creates the impression that you are in just another pigeon hole in the development.

    Also, just in case anyone's interested, stack 1 and 5 units are 2 + Study units up to the 25th floor (or thereabouts), from the 26th floor onwards they are full 3-bedroom units, equal in size to all other De Royale units (i.e. 1281sqft), albeit with a totally different layout which is more efficient in my opinion. (At least there's no bulky bar counter making your living room that much smaller)

    As for the finishing, I would say that it is of pretty decent quality, nothing fantastic, but definitely not too shabby. In comparison with the other developments mentioned, e.g. Belleforte, Papillon, D'Lotus, etc, De Royale is definitely more distinctive due to its towering height and large size.

    D'Lotus is a scam job from Allgreen. The units are small and cramped, and the bathrooms are so small that you'll have trouble picking up your soap if you drop it during showering. The neighbourhood is crap too, old industrial buildings or chinese temple, take your pick. (By the way, URA has rezoned the area for residential use, the industrial buildings will make way eventually. The neighbourhood may be more pleasant in the future, but be prepared for lots of construction before that happens). And of cos, it is within minutes' walk to Toa Payoh MRT, perhaps 20-30 minutes to be exact.

    Papillon is crap: huge irregularly shaped and useless balcony almost half the size of the living and dining area, almost totally obstructed view for majority of units (and if you are lucky to get a top floor unit, you get to just overlook the neighbouring rooftops of the aged neighbouring developments, just wonderful!!). The common rooms are ridiculously small, even for this age and era, and the common facilities are minimal. Units are orientated E-W, instead of N-S.

    Belleforte is barely ok, just make sure you get a high floor unit to look above your neighbours. But it is decidedly looking aged and unimpressive. To be honest I have not seen units in Parc Haven and Calarasi, so I can't comment on the interior. But the location is definitely not as desirable as De Royale, unless being close to Whampoa Market is all you crave.

    Now, having said all that, I still think that De Royale is overpriced at the current asking prices. It is the best condo on this side of balestier currently, but not all that great. The walk to Toa Payoh hub is relatively long and unpleasant (first you cross a large drain, then climb a long overhead bridge across the expressway, then attempt to cross a major road on the Toa Payoh side without a conveniently located crossing, all the while totally unsheltered.) Its facade is boring and uninspiring, facilities are just ok.

    In summary, if you really must stay in this part of Balestier, De Royale is your best choice. But try not to pay too much for it. $950-1000+ psf is way too high in my opinion, but luckily asking prices are slowly but surely dropping recently. I really wonder what those people who bought units in Casa Fortuna and Verve are thinking of. But then again, unit sizes there are small, starting from studios, so I guess the overall quantums are small. The forummer who asked about potential rental for a studio unit in the area must be referring to one of these developments.

    What I mean is that at these prices, you have many options. Look a little harder, and if you still prefer De Royale, by all means go ahead. Just try to get a high floor stack 1 or 5 unit there.

    Hope I have not managed to piss off everyone in this thread, this is just my frank opinion. I just happened to be so bored tonight, hence the lengthy reply to your posts. Anyway, to each their own, and have fun property hunting...
    DR, I read your post with interest & I think you are a fair person who gave a detailed & impartial summary of the projects in the Balestier area. Thank you for your sharing.

    I feel if one were to post in any forum, not just CONDOsingapore , one should be a responsible person to present a balanced view of a project. In any project, there would be strengths & weaknesses.

    I'll take your advice if I ever have the money to purchase a unit in Balestier.

    Btw, 1055sf is confirmed to be from #02- #25. From #26 onwards, it's 3-bedroom units as mentioned in your post.

    I think Verve is selling based on the numerous Universities' Asian Campuses (Queen Margaret, Curtin etc) that are along Ah Hood Road & Jln Rajah. Guess this is another reason why Verve & Casa Fortuna are also selling at higher prices than those in other parts of Balestier.

    Not just DeRoyale, the entire market is softening, other than HDB & a few successful launches such as Clover & Dakota. We shall see the launch price of City Devt project, near the junction of Thomson & Balestier for an indication of the prices in this vicinity. Though City Dev project is a Dist 11 project, it is at its fringe, if not for its success in acquiring Concorde & The Albany (enbloc), it'd be a Dist 12 project.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Maison Royale sold for $46m
    By mr funny in forum En Bloc Achieved
    Replies: 0
    -: 06-01-11, 20:07
  2. Maison Royale up for en bloc sale
    By sleek in forum En Bloc Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 01-09-10, 16:20
  3. CUSCADEN ROYALE (Est 31 Dec 2010)
    By moonk123 in forum District 9
    Replies: 0
    -: 19-12-08, 12:12
  4. Cuscaden Royale (D10, Freehold, Hiap Hoe)
    By Makelele in forum District 10
    Replies: 9
    -: 08-02-07, 17:22
  5. Hiap Hoe launches Cuscaden Royale
    By mr funny in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 08-02-07, 13:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •