Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sky@eleven (D11, Freehold, Singapore Press Holdings)

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    propertism preaching is gd in a way as it discourage ppty speculation

buy and sell...later ended up with a bigger loan and overleverage if one is not careful and prudent when overwhelmed by greed

but hor, agts will eat grass
    Agents do not necessarily eat grass as they can still earn commission from the "Buy" phase of PROPERTISM.

They are only unable to earn commission from the "Sell" phase because PROPERTISM doesn't involve selling, hence saving the commission.

Those who criticise PROPERTISM as bullshit are themselves bullshiting.

The central tenet of PROPERTISM is based on "Buy and Hold" - it is the B without the S; the opposite of PROPERTISM is "Buy low Sell high" also known as BS).

If a person knows when to buy and when to sell properties, that means he knows when is the low and when is the high?

Even Mah Bow Tan said "Nobody, no matter how prescient, no matter how clever, would have been able to predict that this is what is going to happen this year. All of us were caught off-guard... "

By Joanne Chan, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 29 December 2009 2315 hrs

agts can only sell developer units liao

and those can sell ones, only give 0.3% or even less....no nid to regulate agents...all will leave the industry

and those can sell ones, only give 0.3% or even less....no nid to regulate agents...all will leave the industry
    hooray ~!

~~~Agt eat grass is healthy...but on the other hand still got rental and commercial sales...will not die one lah haha~~~

imagine all dun sell, developer can ask sky high prices

imagine all dun sell, developer can ask sky high prices
    Developers also should not sell. That is the whole idea of PROPERTISM.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

The developer should keep it so that next time can tear down and build a multi-generation bungalow for their grandchildren.

Why should anyone trade an asset with diminishing supply, i.e. land, for something with ever increasing supply, i.e. paper money?

Doesn't make sense.

In 1823, the Johor-Riau Sultanate sold Singapore outright to the British for 60,000 Spanish dollars.

...and also assignment and takeover of business, can also earn com...i know an agent who has made it real big just doing assignment and rentals....

Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    ~~~Agt eat grass is healthy...but on the other hand still got rental and commercial sales...will not die one lah haha~~~

If developers dun sell and keep the land, then who can we buy from as subsale and resale are not selling base on Propertism. Then propertism will also die out. How to survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity
    If developers dun sell and keep the land, then who can we buy from as subsale and resale are not selling base on Propertism. Then propertism will also die out. How to survive?
    There will always be a few people who do not believe in PROPERTISM.

All we need is for one person per condo to do one resale in maybe 10 years, e.g. Sky@Eleven has only one unit for sale. Then there will many buyers but one only one seller. Maybe 1,000 buyers to 1 seller.

Then according to supply demand law, the seller can sell Sky@Eleven at $6,000 psf or roughly $11 million for a 1,800 sq ft and that will be recorded in the caveats for the next 10 years.

The other owners will all just happily record down in their spreadsheets that their Sky@Eleven is worth $11 million each, and everyone will live happily ever after (or for the next 10 years until another owner puts up a unit for sale at $12,000 psf or $22 million).

You must understand that wealth is just a state of the mind. Are our HDB flats really worth S$500,000? Why worth so much when equivalent-looking flats in Malaysia sell for less than RM 50,000.

Let me tell you that our flats are worth S$500,000 simply because we believe them to be so. As long as not everyone wants to sell his HDB flats at the same time, the price will be such. Isn't this mini-PROPERTISM in action?

fry stocks better...few mils within few mths
    property no excitement...

Speculation in stocks, like speculation in properties, is just a form of gambling. You could win big time but also lose big time.

PROPERTISM, however, is based on sound reasoning that paper money loses its value over the long term hence something with limited supply will correspondingly appreciate in value, over the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Speculation in stocks, like speculation in properties, is just a form of gambling. You could win big time but also lose big time.

PROPERTISM, however, is based on sound reasoning that paper money loses its value over the long term hence something with limited supply will correspondingly appreciate in value, over the long term.

the best way to achieve FULL PROPERTISM is to preach to the govt

so that they DONT EVER sell land .. there will be NO MORE land

stamping the root of evil from the source

no land sale .. no more supply, no one wil dare to sell their existing units ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

That's a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

That is a bad idea. The best government idea is to sell you land, and later buy it from you cheap and resell later for even higher price.

In the mean time, tax you by imposing stamp duties and property tax.

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    That is a bad idea. The best government idea is to sell you land, and later buy it from you cheap and resell later for even higher price.

In the mean time, tax you by imposing stamp duties and property tax.
    a lagi better idea :

is to get one short ass minister to say :
    theres no speculation ,
    no sign of bubble ... blah blah blah

indirectly giving the people the green light to BUY BUY BUY ..oush prices all the way up ...

then get an old man , to openly reprimand the short ass minister for no foresight ..resulting in shortages ..and high prices ..

then get the short ass minister to 'release more land ' for sale ..

chinese says : he's the man, he's the ghost ..

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

when one only fry stocks when market has crash 50%...den it is not a speculation anymore...its once in a decade FREE MONIES LOBANG

one person may only have 4-5 such cycles assuming he start to invest at age of 20yo...cannot afford to miss them

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Quite a few views overlooking HDB;-(
    The view doesn't look impressive as these pictures were taken from a low floor unit, probably, 9-11 floor up. Higher up presents a far more stupendous sight. From the sky gym on 22nd floor one could see as far as Marina Bay Sands. I can attest to the breathtaking views at #4x-01. At that height, the neighbouring HDB roof tops were like tiny footprints.
    People who say Sky lacks amenities have no idea what they are talking about. The development is a short 5 min drive to Toa Payoh, Novena Square. And if you are on foot, it's a short walk via the back gate to Trellis Towers, CHIJ, Toa Payoh hub, eg, hawker food, restaurants, Fairprice.

err...i think teddy was talking about amenities ON FOOT. 5 mins to novena square on foot, not drive. and this claiming to be D11 and wanting to be priced there, should measure by proximity on foot to novena square/mrt. if we want to talk about toa payoh hub etc...sure, then price this project at toa payoh prices.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    The view doesn't look impressive as these pictures were taken from a low floor unit, probably, 9-11 floor up. Higher up presents a far more stupendous sight. From the sky gym on 22nd floor one could see as far as Marina Bay Sands. I can attest to the breathtaking views at #4x-01. At that height, the neighbouring HDB roof tops were like tiny footprints.
    People who say Sky lacks amenities have no idea what they are talking about. The development is a short 5 min drive to Toa Payoh, Novena Square. And if you are on foot, it's a short walk via the back gate to Trellis Towers, CHIJ, Toa Payoh hub, eg, hawker food, restaurants, Fairprice.

viewed an actual unit on the 39th flr....the reservoir view is 2nd to none

My agent told me one unit recently sold above S$1500 psf? Anyone can confirm this? That surprises me as most agents advertise S$1450 or below...

Did you really take 5mins to drive from Sky to Novena Sq? Middle of the night is it?

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    My agent told me one unit recently sold above S$1500 psf? Anyone can confirm this? That surprises me as most agents advertise S$1450 or below...
    cud be very high flr above 35th flr

even the view between 25 and 39th flr is So SO diff....heaven and hell

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj
    Did you really take 5mins to drive from Sky to Novena Sq? Middle of the night is it?
    What's yr point? That it took you 6-7 mins and not exactly 5 mins? It bothers you??

That's why agents try to do a quick one. Flip!

Want to regulate the industry, very easy. Set a law that says all property transactions can only be handled by PRACTISING LAWYERS in Singapore with a standard service fee, say $2k per transaction or such. Hahah... when that day come! Big Fcuk!

The game masters win big, the pawns try their luck.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Took me 15 mins during rush hours to drive from Sky@11 to Novena Church. That stretch of raod always so jammed up during rush hours! (Strangely, once I hit the Novena Square "+" road junction the jam disappear.)

What's yr point? That it took you 6-7 mins and not exactly 5 mins? It bothers you??

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Took me 15 mins during rush hours to drive from Sky@11 to Novena Church. That stretch of raod always so jammed up during rush hours! (Strangely, once I hit the Novena Square "+" road junction the jam disappear.)
    nowadays peak hour period in singapore will take you 15 - 20min to drive a short distance.

from 6 ave, it can take me 10mins to zip into orchard, or it can take me 30min, depending on time of day. same if going the other direction.
    likewise, it can take me 5 min to get from one end of 6ave to the other, or 15 min for that short distance.

given the peak hr traffic, there will also be some choke points, after which it frees up for while until you hit the next choke point... in your case, after Novena Square + junction, the next "choke" will either be Serangoon-Lavender, Bt Timah-Cavenagh or Newton. we drivers just have to live with it

Any kind souls out there to give some info on recent transacted prices psf there ? Thxs

5-6-7 mins all said by u. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj
    5-6-7 mins all said by u. LOL
    I have done the run numerous times day and night and except for the bus-lane peak hours, getting from Sky to Novena Sq took me 5 mins. The distance by road from Thomson Lane to Irrawaddy Road where I drive up the Novena Sq carpark is only 1.4km. Even if your average speed is 20km/h, you get there in 5 mins with only 1 traffic lights in between. Ride a bicycle lah if your driving skill is so bad.