Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky@eleven (D11, Freehold, Singapore Press Holdings)

Quote Originally Posted by TOP
    Here attached are some photos of a typical unit.

Overall assessment : Above average
    Quite a few views overlooking HDB;-(

Back facing HDB, front not back. see photo.

any nicer view? seems dissapointing

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

How to be nice when the marbles are:
    1) not cut from a solid slab
    2) not even dry laid
    These marbles are just scattered pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    nice marble

A high-class condo is one where:
    1) When you look out of the windows, you don't see any HDB estate in sight. :-)
    2) The nearest HDB flats should be 500m or more away.
    Sky@11 failed both criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Quite a few views overlooking HDB;-(

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    A high-class condo is one where:
    1) When you look out of the windows, you don't see any HDB estate in sight. :-)
    2) The nearest HDB flats should be 500m or more away.
    Sky@11 failed both criteria.
    sk11 obviously not on par with luxury segment....if not shd be 2xxxpsf instead of 13xxpsf

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    How to be nice when the marbles are:
    1) not cut from a solid slab
    2) not even dry laid
    These marbles are just scattered pieces.
    u rich mah and standard high

i poor man...got such marble i WOW liao

i dare not even go into orchard/sentosa showflats these days...feel so shy

i call up agts selling sentosa..i say 3mil budget for 3bedder...he/she tell me dun waste their time

btw, a project call Lucida got the best marble flooring i ever seen...very very big piece

i call up agts selling sentosa..i say 3mil budget for 3bedder...he/she tell me dun waste their time

btw, a project call Lucida got the best marble flooring i ever seen...very very big piece
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...t-sentosa-cove .. ! Up your offer by another 300k !

that agent is a fool to turn you away, can always recommend you units elsewhere for 3 mil and he gets to earn 15k in com assuming he gets 0.5%

have u bought ur place yet? i am also looking for another unit to buy but does not seem like the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...t-sentosa-cove .. ! Up your offer by another 300k !

Ok Ok. Sky11 if that location can fetch $2xxx psf. Then nearer the Orchard area Newton area can fetch $3xxx psf!

sk11 obviously not on par with luxury segment....if not shd be 2xxxpsf instead of 13xxpsf

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    have u bought ur place yet? i am also looking for another unit to buy but does not seem like the time is right.
    same here..i only want sentosa or MBR

one agent told me a #3x floor unit at rochester selling at a loss at $12xxpsf when owner bought at 14xxpsf in 2007. i told her how can any seller be doing a negative sale for a non-TOP project in this market and she said it is true. anyway the unit is $18xxsf in size so the quantum is still quite large.

same here..i only want sentosa or MBR

why not? as long as within the 1st 20% paid ie price dropped less than 20% can sell before TOP.

one agent told me a #3x floor unit at rochester selling at a loss at $12xxpsf when owner bought at 14xxpsf in 2007. i told her how can any seller be doing a negative sale for a non-TOP project in this market and she said it is true. anyway the unit is $18xxsf in size so the quantum is still quite large.

yes, true. Rochester was launched in 2007 at mkt peak, some even reach 1500psf... so there r still projects that hv not managed to return to their 2007 prices.

why i say it is rare is becoz an investor who has the means to buy such a big unit at this psf would surely want to hold out till TOP and sell at better price right? i do not think the buyer who paid 14xxpsf for that unit is a fly by night investor.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    yes, true. Rochester was launched in 2007 at mkt peak, some even reach 1500psf... so there r still projects that hv not managed to return to their 2007 prices.

sorry for my earlier post, not feeling well today so mis-read. anyway, entirely possible that can't get loan as the unit could have been bought at the peak on deferred payment.

....i checked the caveat and the highest transacted for rochester for 18xxsf unit is indeed only 11xxpsf. the agent is probably right about the negative sale, and i am not sure when it will take to reach breakeven for the owner even if he decides to hold.

possible. if u were there on that fateful day in august 2007 at the rochester launch where almost all the units were gone in a day, (and quite a few returned later) u will know its possible for someone to be able to put 20% down and yet not have the ability to hold till TOP.

why i say it is rare is becoz an investor who has the means to buy such a big unit at this psf would surely want to hold out till TOP and sell at better price right? i do not think the buyer who paid 14xxpsf for that unit is a fly by night investor.

2007 is red hot year with many enblocs and launches sold out within days. Probably quite a number of buyers are flippers and speculators then.

gd thing i miss out rochester too

1north make $...rochester bleeds

the other one is soleil@sinaran... just manage to crawl back to launch price now, wait.. maybe not even ...

gd thing i miss out rochester too

1north make $...rochester bleeds
    between the 2 ... i would take One North ..

rochestor looks like an office building and SO SO close to that noisy road .. just like Trillium / Tribeca opposite great world city ... super dusty and noisy

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    possible. if u were there on that fateful day in august 2007 at the rochester launch where almost all the units were gone in a day, (and quite a few returned later) u will know its possible for someone to be able to put 20% down and yet not have the ability to hold till TOP.
    The wonder of PROPERTISM is that many years down the road when Rochester reaches $15,000 psf, the fateful day becomes the fateful day.

The fateful day can be transferred from one person to another. It doesn't matter who could hold or who could not hold (unless you happen to know them personally).

The property is independent of the person who bought it or sold it, and will go up in the long term.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1: Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    the other one is soleil@sinaran... just manage to crawl back to launch price now, wait.. maybe not even ...
    add seafront on e list

of course it matters! we have the opportunity to buy from those who can't hold so that we can practice propertism in the long term!

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    The wonder of PROPERTISM is that many years down the road when Rochester reaches $15,000 psf, the fateful day becomes the fateful day.

The fateful day can be transferred from one person to another. It doesn't matter who could hold or who could not hold (unless you happen to know them personally).

The property is independent of the person who bought it or sold it, and will go up in the long term.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1: Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

Bro, $15000psf is possible either after i die or when Singapore currency become Goreng Pisang money again....

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

how do you think those loaded PRC will impact the high end segment? I think the high end will start running up coz the PRC investors are starting pour in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    add seafront on e list

Bro, $15000psf is possible either after i die or when Singapore currency become Goreng Pisang money again....
    Depends on how old you are.

Can you live another 47 years?

Look at the 1963 classifieds of Eng Aun Mansion below which is just down the road from Sky@Eleven. 3 Rooms, 2 Halls for $17,900. That's 47 years ago.

Eng Lok was en blocked in 2007 with each unit's owner receiving $2.16 million (72 times of $29,800) while Eng Aun was last transacted at $880,000 (49 times of $17,900).

Hence 10 times to $15,000 psf for either Rochester or Sky@Eleven is quite reasonable expectation. I don't think need another 47 years.

Look at these two pieces of news, just two months apart.

Japan's debt-ridden economy
    Crisis in slow motion
    Japan’s government will eventually have a disaster on its hands if it fails to tackle the deep-seated problems of debt and deflation
    Apr 8th 2010 | TOKYO
    June 15, 2010 11:02 AM EDT
    Bank of Japan unveils $33 bln lending plan to boost economy
    Whenever world governments are at their wits' end, they'll just print more money and our Sing dollar is pegged to this waste paper basket of currencies. Our Goreng Pisang currency just appears to be rising relative to their Goreng Grape, Goreng Apple and Goreng Orange currencies, but all currencies have been falling since time immemorial.

HDB 5-10k 40+yrs ago...400-500k now==aso ard 50times

CLAPCLAP