Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Peak @ Balmeg (D5, Freehold, MCL Land)

Default New Condo @ Pasir Panjang (+65-92993342)

Description: 9 Blocks of 5-storey development with communal facilities

Tenure: Freehold

Total Units: 180

Launch Date: TBA

Remarks:
    -The site is nestled amongst lush terrain of mature trees;
    -The site is located on top of the hill with good seaview;
    -The site is located in close proximity to Telok Blangah Hortpark and the 9km natural ridgeline stretching from Mount Faber to Kent Ridge;
    -The site is within walking distance to Future Circle Line Station ( West Coast Station);
    - It is only minutes drive to CBD, Future BFC and the much awaited Future Resorts World at Sentosa

Richard Sng
    ERA Singapore
    HP: +65-92993342
    Email: [email protected]
    Home Page: http://www.homes88.net , http://92993342.myweb.sg
    My Space: http://richardsng-era.spaces.live.com

what's the approx launch price? can keep me updated on this one please? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    what's the approx launch price? can keep me updated on this one please? thanks
    Hi Toaler

The launch date is expected to be around Q3 2008. Prices are not known yet. It would be great if you could email your contact to me. Any latest update will be informed.

Richard Sng
    ERA Singapore
    HP: +65-92993342
    Email: [email protected]
    Home Page: http://www.homes88.net , http://92993342.myweb.sg
    My Space: http://richardsng-era.spaces.live.com

st michael Guest

hahaha, new launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are fxxking screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!

Kovan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by st michael
    hahaha, new launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are fxxking screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!
    Haha.... look at the other thread, new launch at Kovan this weekend, 500+ units, 99-year, minimum $900psf, makes Dakota Residences a steal!

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by st michael
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovan
    Haha.... look at the other thread, new launch at Kovan this weekend, 500+ units, 99-year, minimum $900psf, makes Dakota Residences a steal!
    2 idiots talking cock here!

Wake up! This thread is not for St Michael nor Dakota.

Mickey Mouse Guest

Interesting. Any other info? Eg, the size of the units, any defered payment scheme or tie-up with banks for nil interest during construction period, etc...

Default Balmeg Hill

A condo over the hill top.

Prepare to pay around S$1200psf. I heard only the Hill bottom half blocks are on sale at pre launch.

MCL Land is the developer.

I am not Agent. Dont ask me for more info.

Condo name call

The Peak@Balmeg at Balmeg Hill by MCL Land coming for preview soon.

Dear Valued Clients / Co-broke Partners

Thank you very much for your keen interest in this condo development. Stay tuned for more updates. You can contact, email, PM or SMS me to register your interest. Thanks once again.

Any new update on this project... psf, floorplans out yet?

there is a construction going on on balmeg hill and pasir panjang hill. as the building is somewhere in the middle, does anyone know if the construction is under MCL or Far East site?

Quote Originally Posted by jt88
    there is a construction going on on balmeg hill and pasir panjang hill. as the building is somewhere in the middle, does anyone know if the construction is under MCL or Far East site?
    Its MCL. Guess they are buying time by starting with the construction first and hopefully sentiments will improve and then launch at their desired px. I'm sure they would lov to sell this place > $1200 psf but with so many properties in prime districts that are within $1000-1500 psf, its going to be tough to launch now.

On the other hand, if we have The Parc going for $900-1000psf and Varsity Park going for $800 psf, the developer also will have difficulty pricing it coz once you reach the magical 4-figure psf, suddenly there are plenty of options out there.

I would pay at most $700 psf for The Peak. I know its even lower than Varsity Park even though I feel this is a better location which is why I feel some properties like Varsity Park, The Parc, The Rochester etc are over-priced.

The Peak is at Peppys Road. did u mean 700psf for The Parc? If The Peak is selling at 700psf I will grab! haha

The Peak is at Peppys Road. did u mean 700psf for The Parc? If The Peak is selling at 700psf I will grab! haha
    No, I mean The Peak and I know where it is. I have even gone up the steep driveway to see the model of the estate and the view from the top floors.

I know Grandhill is asking for $1100 psf but for that kinda px, I might as well get 9,10,11 properties. Which is why I say I will only pay $700 psf, ie it must be significantly lower than 9,10,11 properties before i buy The Peak. No way will i pay more than $700 psf to see burning chimneys, black smoke and cranes. As for the Parc, I guess its also around $650-700 psf worth but since the developer px it so high, i'm sure a lot of the buyers are stuck and so no way will they sell at such a huge loss.

007 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Farnie
    Its MCL. Guess they are buying time by starting with the construction first and hopefully sentiments will improve and then launch at their desired px. I'm sure they would lov to sell this place > $1200 psf but with so many properties in prime districts that are within $1000-1500 psf, its going to be tough to launch now.

On the other hand, if we have The Parc going for $900-1000psf and Varsity Park going for $800 psf, the developer also will have difficulty pricing it coz once you reach the magical 4-figure psf, suddenly there are plenty of options out there.

I would pay at most $700 psf for The Peak. I know its even lower than Varsity Park even though I feel this is a better location which is why I feel some properties like Varsity Park, The Parc, The Rochester etc are over-priced.
    dream on... hahah...

Actually what Farnie stated is not that far-fetched.

Before end 2006, 500-700psf would probably be considered rather expensive for this area. Of course in these 1.5yrs, the run-up in property prices has been almost unprecedented, buoyed by several factors which we dont have to discuss anymore.

The question going forward would be whether these prices are sustainable, given the supply demand equation and the prevailing economic environment and sentiment. It boils down to location, yes... but timing and pricing, are just as important too.

Personally, I wont look at this unless it is below 700psf too or evaluate the situation in 2nd half of 2009, whichever comes first....

Quote Originally Posted by 007
    dream on... hahah...
    I backup with observations but what have you contributed? With just a simple `dream on'? haha, how constructive Can't you do better or the stress is getting on you?

Default Views on the same

Quote Originally Posted by Farnie
    I backup with observations but what have you contributed? With just a simple `dream on'? haha, how constructive Can't you do better or the stress is getting on you?
    Dear Farnie,
    I tend to agree with you that I am also inclined to think some of the nearby developments appear to be overpriced, for reasons which are not entirely clear to me as well. For instance, the Grandhill has a total of 76 transactions , as of date March 2008, (total units there is approx. 53) which is more than 50% of them has been resold about once. On the grand scale of 76 transactions, only 3 of them are are above SGD1000psf. A vast majority lies in the region of SGD700-900SGD. The original launch prices of these Grandhill units were in the range of SGD500-600psf. Penthouses went on the lower range. I recently contacted some of the owners of Grandhill and understood some of them was asking for aboug SGD1000psf, and one of the owners actually was asking SGD1.5mio for a 1300psf apartment - which I cannot comprehend why (even after viewing that apartment personally).

If you are still reading this post, apologies for taking a little longer than I should to come back to the Balmeg development (or so I assume this thread is about). My brief views on Grandhill was because I thought it would be one of the closer proxy to Balmeg and thus my initial views and thoughts on the same. I am not sure what would be developers' view on their planned launch prices but, my inclination is that a pricing of SGD1200psf seems to be rather on the high side for both an investor or home-stayer.

From an investor perspective, my tendency is to evaluate the investment from a "whats the next thing I can do" when considering Balmeg. On the basis of the proposed SGD1200psf, that would effectively, put Balmeg in the same arena as Icon (firesale prices are going at this level now), International Plaza and some other likes, in terms of rental yield (purely from a rental yield perspective), the latter would likely to be higher. From a cashflow perspective, one would also have to evaluate the effects of a delay cash flow for a "new built condo" which will only TOP in the later years but yet having 20% of your cash out of the door up front. From a returns point of view, thats why "new built condo" (which will have to wait 1-2 years before TOP) fades in comparison with TOPed condos - this argument may not necessarily apply for investors who are looking to flip their properties. For this argument in point, I have disregard investors buying to flip as an investment strategy, but focused purely on those whom are looking at rental yields.

From a home-stayer perspective, waiting for it to be completed (1-2 years?), makes it less palatable to me as well. Besides, given the current state of matters in the equities market and what appears to be downward sloping properties market, buyers tend to be rather cautious in making a purchase at the risk of being caught in paying at the top end of the market .

On the basis of the above, my personal view (which I do face some dilemma at times, often pondering if a TOPed property should actually be priced higher or lower than a similar location and characteristic property which is not built yet) is that Balmeg might not be attractive if it is indeed priced at SGD1200psf. This said, Balmeg is not with no merit at all. Its proximity to MRT (or so I understand it will be) will be a single major plus point over Grandhill and other developments along the same ridge. Grandhill dwellers have to walk a rather big round to get to Pasir Panjang Road, and a bit further to get to the planned MRT station. I understand Balmeg will have direct access to the planned MRT in future. Further, granted Balmeg will also be "newer" than Grandhill, but for purpose of our discussion, lets just assume if both properties condition would be rather similar (Grandhill, to its credit, I must say is rather well kept as far as I can see now).

Any views or thoughts on how should new launches (which will take 1-2 years before it is TOP) pricing compare with TOPed properties in the same location and similar characteristics, will be appreciated. Look forward to hearing your contributions.

Hi DW,

No worries and no apologies needed for your post. I certainly agree with your reasoning and I believe even developers are non the wiser. As such they decided to start building first as they also can't believe the quick turnaround in sentiments. 1 yr ago, I think its not impossible if the developer launched @ > $1200 psf and still find takers. However, the `fire sale' sellers are making life difficult for developers in terms of pricing 1 yr on.

In terms of location, I think its quite good because of its proximity to MRT. It is also a larger development than Grandhill and yet not as large as say Varsity Park. Personally I tend to shun developments that has less than 100 households due to maintenance costs in the long run. 1st 20 yrs shld be fine but after 20 yrs, whenever major works need to be done, the costs per household will be quite significant.

At the end of the day, it boils down to what The Peak launch px will be. More than 800 psf, I will definitely bring my money to the East, maybe another MCL development The Esta where owners are asking 900-950 psf. So with some bargaining, I'm sure the px will be 8xx psf. Somehow, I feel even this part of East Coast is superior to Pasir Panjang.

Cheers and happy hse-hunting and do continue to share your comments.

Default Mistaken.

I could have read your inference incorrectly. For avoidance of doubt, I am not 007 to whom you might be thinking that I am (just in case you are thinking I am 007).

I always ensure I log in before I post my comments for accountability.

As it disturbs me as being viewed as posting unconstructive and merely passing comments without substance, I thought it would be fair and necessary for me to clear that point.

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    I could have read your inference incorrectly. For avoidance of doubt, I am not 007 to whom you might be thinking that I am (just in case you are thinking I am 007).

I always ensure I log in before I post my comments for accountability.

As it disturbs me as being viewed as posting unconstructive and merely passing comments without substance, I thought it would be fair and necessary for me to clear that point.
    Hi DW,

no no no, I certainly did not think you were 007 at all. Don't worry :-) Which is why I said pls continue to share your thoughts.

Cheers!

Default Special Preview Invitation @ Balmeg Hill Condo

Expected launch date is schedule to be around 1st week of October 2008. You can PM, Call, Email or SMS to me for more information. More than 30 buyers have registered their interest. Hurry!

Default New Launch @ District 01-08 (Hilltop)!!!

Site Area : 184,143sf
    Plot Ratio : 1.4
    Gross Floor Area : 257,800sf
    Tenure : Freehold
    Total no. of units : 180
    Expected TOP : 31st Dec 2012
    No. of Parking Lots : 196 lots inclusive of 2 loading lots
    Estimated psf : $888psf up

Unit Sizes :
    ~ 2 BR (PES) : 1163-1259sf
    ~ 2 BR : 990sf
    ~ 3 BR (PES) : 1636-1722sf
    ~ 3 BR + Balcony : 1507sf
    ~ 3 BR + Balcony + Attic : 1905sf
    ~ 4 BR (PES) : 1938-1981sf
    ~ 4 BR + Balcony : 1755sf
    ~ 5 BR + Balcony + Attic : 2443-3003sf

***SPECIAL FINANCING PACKAGES AVAILABLE!!!***
    ----->subjected to bank's approval

Expansive view of the open sea surrounded by lush greenery. Hilltop living at its best !!! Located near NUS, Biopolis & Fusionpolis, Nature Parks (West Coast Park, Kent Ridge Park & Labrador Park), Keppel Golf Link, Vivo City, CBD & future Resorts World @ Sentosa. Walking distance to future Circle-line (West Coast MRT). Choice investment, Choice Living!!!

Call our Sales HOTLINE @ 81835132 for enquiries !!!
    BOOKINGS for CHOICE UNITS are OPEN NOW!!!

Don't miss out on this Golden Opportunity!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is this The Peak@Balmeg by MCLLand?

Default New Condo @ Balmeg Hill / Pasir Panjang (+65-92993342)

Dear all

The floorplans are out. Call me for an exclusive appointment to know more.

Yes, looks

Yes, lets see how is the takeup? This is where we see who are the man and who are the boys.

Default New Project@Balmeg Launching Soon!!!

Project Details :

Tenure : Freehold

Description : Proposed 9 blocks of 5 storey condominium with Attic, Basement Carpark, Swimming Pool and Communal facilities on Lots 1769X and 4474V Mk 3 at Balmeg Hill.

Official Address : 5/ 7/ 9/ 11/ 15/ 17 Balmeg Hill ( Former Balmeg Court Site - Beside Haw Par Villa)

Total Units : 180 units ( 2 bdrm / 3bdrm / 4 bdrm / 5 bedrm attic penthouse )

Excellent Location

Proximity to Nature Reserve Park(eg Kent Ridge Park,Larbardor park)

Walking distance to Future Circle Line Mrt Station (West Coast Statoion)

Minutes drive to CBD and Future Business Financial Centre

Minutes drive to Sentosa and Future Resort World

Close Proximity to Nus, Singapore poly and other reputable schools

For more details and Preview: Please

email me at [email protected]

Thanks
    Last edited by peak; 16-09-08 at 14:03.

just went for showflat briefing this morning.
    Here are my comments :

=> Finishes look very nice...top quality finishes.
    => Nice Seaview from Hilltop and for specific units, ur masterbedroom is faced directly towards the sea with NS facing. Will be very breezy. If unit is designed into Balinese concept will be very nice.
    => For PH duplex units, masterbdrm occupies the entire second floor hence very exclusive. Overlooks pool n sea view from hilltop.

Conclusion : Very unique development, huge investment potential since not much condos in sg built on hilltop overlooking open sea. Moreover very grand and nice enterance...almost like living in Peak condos HK style. With future West Coast MRT just below, less than 10 mins drive to Vivocity and Sentosa Resorts World, this is an investment tt cannot go wrong. Proximity to CBD is another selling point plus future intl business hubs, biopolis and fusionpolis with NUS nearby. Definitely one of the best condos in the South of Sg when completed in the next 2-3 yrs time.

For more enquiries, do feel free to call me at 81835132 for a non-obligatory presentation today.
    Estimated VIP preview will be around 2wks time but BOOKING of units starts RIGHT NOW!!!

Wilson Lim
    Orangetee.com Pte Ltd