Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Carabelle (D5, Freehold, Sim Lian)

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    sounds like a tie up with telephone company to generate income

or like ... collecting 0.30 cts when you call in to make a donattion during charity show ...
    My son explain the following to me on the carabelle intercom set up.

hi parent

the intercom on carabelle work in this way. a console at guardhouse, mgt office or gate is piggy back onto the existing telco line thoughout the estate, nothing to do with singtel. pressing the unit number on console will ring up any phone afix to that particular krone box in that selected unit.. imagine a big pabx alocate extension(unit number) to all units but only certain phone(console) can call between extensions. i don't know these console is afix at how many points in carabelle but i chk with mike he said guard house and estate have one each. the more high class one include a feature that after answing the call and said if u hit 555 on your phone within 30 secs, u could unlock the emlock of the gate which the caller/visitor use the intercom to call you. another one is the camera afix to the set will pump out a video signal of the person that buzz you via MATV line and u could set you tv freq and see who buzz you. everything the same as conventional intercom just that you buy your own phone/intercom. i don't know how the mobile come along i think just call forwarding on the extension and dont think estate will charge the toll.

I hope carabelle owner understand what he said..

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    My son explain the following to me on the carabelle intercom set up.

hi parent

the intercom on carabelle work in this way. a console at guardhouse, mgt office or gate is piggy back onto the existing telco line thoughout the estate, nothing to do with singtel. pressing the unit number on console will ring up any phone afix to that particular krone box in that selected unit.. imagine a big pabx alocate extension(unit number) to all units but only certain phone(console) can call between extensions. i don't know these console is afix at how many points in carabelle but i chk with mike he said guard house and estate have one each. the more high class one include a feature that after answing the call and said if u hit 555 on your phone within 30 secs, u could unlock the emlock of the gate which the caller/visitor use the intercom to call you. another one is the camera afix to the set will pump out a video signal of the person that buzz you via MATV line and u could set you tv freq and see who buzz you. everything the same as conventional intercom just that you buy your own phone/intercom. i don't know how the mobile come along i think just call forwarding on the extension and dont think estate will charge the toll.

I hope carabelle owner understand what he said..
    sounded like my apt here in Manhattan .. theres a pre-laid line in the unit ..control at the concierge ..

owner/tenant can buy their own 'house phone' and connect to it ..
    cannot be used to make phone calls ..but just purely to communicate with the concierge ..

I believe it is the same system as the one used in Monterey Park my bro in law used to stay in. The phone can still be used as a normal phone because the system piggybacks on the phone line.

When someone dials the unit number at the gate, you will be able to communicate with the visitor on your phone, verify his identity and unlock the EM lock at the gate he calls from by pressing certain code, may be 555, as mentioned.

sounded like my apt here in Manhattan .. theres a pre-laid line in the unit ..control at the concierge ..

owner/tenant can buy their own 'house phone' and connect to it ..
    cannot be used to make phone calls ..but just purely to communicate with the concierge ..

Quote Originally Posted by polkadots
    I believe it is the same system as the one used in Monterey Park my bro in law used to stay in. The phone can still be used as a normal phone because the system piggybacks on the phone line.

When someone dials the unit number at the gate, you will be able to communicate with the visitor on your phone, verify his identity and unlock the EM lock at the gate he calls from by pressing certain code, may be 555, as mentioned.
    usually a normal phone like either your mobile or home phone whichever that has been registered with the management office. only thing is one particular phone can be used to activate so only the person with the phone that is registered is able to unlock the door by pressing a code on the phone.

I would not surprise with their expectation for the current market sentiment, added by the upcoming new condo development of old Hong Leong Garden condo at a stone throw away. By the estimation, the new condo could be asking at the lowest 800+psf, that will lift the entire asking price of the area. I foresee the price could even get higher once the opening of multi-billion projects of Sentosa. Not to mention more about the future Jurong business district centre.

Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    Well that's good news I suppose. Wonder if it will ever hit above 950 psf. That would be a bull run

Just collected keys, the shower head, toilet seat and several loose items not installed yet, will have to call management office to install when about to shift in.

There is also viewer on the peep hole for the main door, a small lobang now, got to check is it to be installed by them?

Also do anyone know where is the location for the door bell supposed to be? Saw a door bell switch outside the main door, but is not able to find where to install the door bell...

Btw can anyone advise what are the defects that I am supposed to look out for? Thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by jlbc
    Just collected keys, the shower head, toilet seat and several loose items not installed yet, will have to call management office to install when about to shift in.

There is also viewer on the peep hole for the main door, a small lobang now, got to check is it to be installed by them?

Also do anyone know where is the location for the door bell supposed to be? Saw a door bell switch outside the main door, but is not able to find where to install the door bell...

Btw can anyone advise what are the defects that I am supposed to look out for? Thanks in advance...
    We did not see anything out of order or broken. But I would be looking for broken tiles, broken window panels and such. but you need to get power turned on first to try the airconditioner and other home appliances. We haven't gotten the power turned on, and may no do so for some time. We are still debating which contractor to use for bay window decking and planter decking, and which brand of solar film to use. to make things worse, I am down with a cold.

We are very lucky to have botannia to be our sun screen. it appears that the sun sets directly behind one of the undulating blocks of botannia, so our exposure to the afternoon sun is not as bad as we thought.

Some say that botannia has better finishes, maybe they are right and let's compare after you guys move in. But it is silly to say just because you paid more you deserve more. you paid more mainly because botannia was launched later than carabelle. botannia was launched when the market was peaking and starting to cool.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 18-07-09 at 14:36.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    We did not see anything out of order or broken. But I would be looking for broken tiles, broken window panels and such. but you need to get power turned on first to try the airconditioner and other home appliances. We haven't gotten the power turned on, and may no do so for some time. We are still debating which contractor to use for bay window decking and planter decking, and which brand of solar film to use. to make things worse, I am down with a cold.

We are very lucky to have botannia to be our sun screen. it appears that the sun sets directly behind one of the undulating blocks of botannia, so our exposure to the afternoon sun is not as bad as we thought.

Some say that botannia has better finishes, maybe they are right and let's compare after you guys move in. But it is silly to say just because you paid more you deserve more. you paid more mainly because botannia was launched later than carabelle. botannia was launched when the market was peaking and starting to cool.

To each his own, but I am glad with what I have,
    yup got to turn on the electricity and check on the air-con,actually I thought that they would have turn on as where will they get the water and electricity if rectification works needs to be done...On thewhole, there are some gaps on the flooring which is not filled up properly and some stains too, will get them to rectify. The room is smaller than I had expected, so maybe no king size bed for me...btw infiniti is closer than I had expected...but anyway is their living room facing my backyard

Quote Originally Posted by jlbc
    To each his own, but I am glad with what I have,
    yup got to turn on the electricity and check on the air-con,actually I thought that they would have turn on as where will they get the water and electricity if rectification works needs to be done...On thewhole, there are some gaps on the flooring which is not filled up properly and some stains too, will get them to rectify. The room is smaller than I had expected, so maybe no king size bed for me...btw infiniti is closer than I had expected...but anyway is their living room facing my backyard
    did you notice that you share two elevators with two other families, instead of three? That is a plus. blocks along the western boundary of the project are less lucky, two lifts to each four units.

the infiniti plays a very important role. without it, you would be bombarded with noise from AYE. I visited the pool area of the infinit once, it was like a direct hit from a heat seeking missile. that is how loud the noisy was there. my wife said, our unit is so quiet all thanks to uncle and aunties living in the infiniti aborbing noise and pollution for us. be thankful.

did you notice that you share two elevators with two other families, instead of three? That is a plus. blocks along the western boundary of the project are less lucky, two lifts to each four units.

the infiniti plays a very important role. without it, you would be bombarded with noise from AYE. I visited the pool area of the infinit once, it was like a direct hit from a heat seeking missile. that is how loud the noisy was there. my wife said, our unit is so quiet all thanks to uncle and aunties living in the infiniti aborbing noise and pollution for us. be thankful.
    Yep, I know I actually had taken all those that you had mentioned into consideration before I choose my unit...I know that infiniti would help to block out the noise (my present workplace is also beside expressway)..but did not know that they were that close...but I am happy to live with it...

eh hello! even you also bullish on property. come on lah! what happened to $800 psf Rivergate????

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    eh hello! even you also bullish on property. come on lah! what happened to $800 psf Rivergate????
    what did I say that made me a bull?

what did I say that made me a bull?
    it is what you didn't say. you have good arguments pertaining to other areas, but you refrained from critically assessing the west areas. you hypocrite, you!

if you were a true bear, you would have sold your carabelle and gone renting instead of spreading so much love in this carabelle discussion...

yes you might have bought it "cheap" but i tell ya you dunno what "cheap" in west coast means.

i refrain from disparaging carabelle but when the shit hits the fan, carabelle prices will follow the rest in the west also - down down down. maybe even more so than the rest.

1. why is the west particularly vulnerable to economc conditions? where are our shipping, chemical, petroleum foreign investments located at? when these people stop investing in singapore because other SE Asian countries offer better value, guess where will be badly hit?

you could say the same for those CCR and financial industry areas in singapore, but i say they won't be as badly hit as shipping, petroleum, etc. why? cos a financial hub is not easily replicated by surroudning countries. the other industries are no problem for them if they really want to.

2. over supply. have you done a critical analysis of the supply coming onstream in the west, pasir panjang, etc? it is scary. even scarier than CCR and east coast, which haveother things going for them. the wet is only dependent on one thing: the marine, petrol, chemical and heavy industries.

3. international NUS students as rental prospects?

hhhahahahhahahahhahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahaahah

keep on dreamin.
    Last edited by Lord Anus; 18-07-09 at 16:00.

4. The only thing that is perhaps the West's saving grace is its proximity to high tech bio research and R&D in Dover.

That is PROVIDED they stick to their original aim of ACTUALLY doing R&D in Singapore, and not just an international backwater whorehouse where they "wash test tubes", and the true R&D is still being done in the US, Japan and Europe.

If really only "washing test tubes", places like China, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand also can do, at 1/10th of the price of it being done in S'pore.

4. The only thing that is perhaps the West's saving grace is its proximity to high tech bio research and R&D in Dover.

That is PROVIDED they stick to their original aim of ACTUALLY doing R&D in Singapore, and not just an international backwater whorehouse where they "wash test tubes", and the true R&D is still being done in the US, Japan and Europe.

If really only "washing test tubes", places like China, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand also can do, at 1/10th of the price of it being done in S'pore.
    actual R&D? Muakakakahahahahaha! The only reason big pharma is here is to kope free govt money, and whatever they transship outta here is tax free. Everything else is pai swee

it is what you didn't say. you have good arguments pertaining to other areas, but you refrained from critically assessing the west areas. you hypocrite, you!

if you were a true bear, you would have sold your carabelle and gone renting instead of spreading so much love in this carabelle discussion...

yes you might have bought it "cheap" but i tell ya you dunno what "cheap" in west coast means.

i refrain from disparaging carabelle but when the shit hits the fan, carabelle prices will follow the rest in the west also - down down down. maybe even more so than the rest.

1. why is the west particularly vulnerable to economc conditions? where are our shipping, chemical, petroleum foreign investments located at? when these people stop investing in singapore because other SE Asian countries offer better value, guess where will be badly hit?

you could say the same for those CCR and financial industry areas in singapore, but i say they won't be as badly hit as shipping, petroleum, etc. why? cos a financial hub is not easily replicated by surroudning countries. the other industries are no problem for them if they really want to.

2. over supply. have you done a critical analysis of the supply coming onstream in the west, pasir panjang, etc? it is scary. even scarier than CCR and east coast, which haveother things going for them. the wet is only dependent on one thing: the marine, petrol, chemical and heavy industries.

3. international NUS students as rental prospects?

hhhahahahhahahahhahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahaahah

keep on dreamin.
    Well said, LA...

Its quite amusing if you read through his history of posts.
    (mostly in carabelle)

wouldnt want to stay at Orchard Turn even if it was free, because of pollution (??) near to Jurong island any better?

Asking for analysis, couldnt figure out why prices has increased?

Couldnt see how come District 9 commands premium over D5?

The only bear in him that I could see is that he paid for his unit at Carabelle fully in cash. Do not believe in leverage..?

Quote Originally Posted by panamera
    Well said, LA...

Its quite amusing if you read through his history of posts.
    (mostly in carabelle)

wouldnt want to stay at Orchard Turn even if it was free, because of pollution (??) near to Jurong island any better?

Asking for analysis, couldnt figure out why prices has increased?

Couldnt see how come District 9 commands premium over D5?

The only bear in him that I could see is that he paid for his unit at Carabelle fully in cash. Do not believe in leverage..?
    Even I can pay fully in cash, I will borrow 2% loan for 3 years from DBS. Think about the opportunity cost.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Even I can pay fully in cash, I will borrow 2% loan for 3 years from DBS. Think about the opportunity cost.

some ppl too old liao, bank dun let them take loan one.. hehe

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Even if they do real R&D, that doesn't mean these people will buy West Coast. They work there know what the area is like and since their income are generally higher, they rather buy somewhere else where the air quality is much better and more convenience than West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Even if they do real R&D, that doesn't mean these people will buy West Coast. They work there know what the area is like and since their income are generally higher, they rather buy somewhere else where the air quality is much better and more convenience than West Coast.
    I like West Coast. IMO, I think it is convenient and the air quality is good compare to Jurong West/Boon Lay.

Anyway, every district has their own pros/cons even prime district have some cons so why need to bash West Coast?

How u measure 'air quality' huh?
    Yup, every district has its own merits plus -ve points, but we certainly have other more aggressive bashers lurking in this forum .. so this is nothing bah ..

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    I like West Coast. IMO, I think it is convenient and the air quality is good compare to Jurong West/Boon Lay.

Anyway, every district has their own pros/cons even prime district have some cons so why need to bash West Coast?

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    How u measure 'air quality' huh?
    Yup, every district has its own merits plus -ve points, but we certainly have other more aggressive bashers lurking in this forum .. so this is nothing bah ..
    depends on individual's nose and body? since everybody has difference tolerance.

Ahhh I see ... so measure at various locations (jurong vs. pp vs. west coast) using nose.

West coast ok lah...but I cannot tahan the chocolate smell in boon lay / jurong west area.

just a general question. have been wondering, will buying a 2 bedder say 800 to max of 900 sq ft be an issue in terms of space. would it be cramped.

could i know any actual experience.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    look at the Sails ..when it was launched .. i was recommended to buy one unit there ..but i didnt ..becos I DIDNT WANT TO BE SO CLOSE TO WORK PLACE .. and WRONG ..so many buyers were people working at Raffles Place ..

so to some extend ..if one in RnD at North Buona Vista .. good chance they will stay South Buona vista .. a cheaper alternative to Holland ..

dear neighbours, anybody owns a 2bedroom unit (Type A1) here?
    can share on how to protect the washing machine from rain when it is placed in the 2nd balcony. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by R99C
    dear neighbours, anybody owns a 2bedroom unit (Type A1) here?
    can share on how to protect the washing machine from rain when it is placed in the 2nd balcony. Thanks.
    you put washer at balcony ?
    or do you mean back yard , where it is designated for washer/dryer ?

if you look at the 2bedroom floor plan, the area to do washing is actually called 'Balcony'. It has proper water source and drainage piping for washing machine. any suggestions?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Not really lah. Got friends working in North Buona Vista and they said many of their colleagues either bought properties in Jurong East / West / Lakeside. They like to be walking distance to MRT and shopping malls / amenities. West Coast no MRT and no amenities / shopping malls. They also find current West Coast condo too ex.

look at the Sails ..when it was launched .. i was recommended to buy one unit there ..but i didnt ..becos I DIDNT WANT TO BE SO CLOSE TO WORK PLACE .. and WRONG ..so many buyers were people working at Raffles Place ..

so to some extend ..if one in RnD at North Buona Vista .. good chance they will stay South Buona vista .. a cheaper alternative to Holland ..