Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 510151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Thread: Carabelle (D5, Freehold, Sim Lian)

Quote Originally Posted by jozz91
    yeah!!! this is the longkang, better than expected.

I was there in the evening.

There are 2 lanes leading into the development, I drove thru the lane nearer to the guard post (this should be the visitor lane). It's impossible for any cars to turn into the basement carpark via this lane.
    What a terrible welcome all our visitors will receive . Imagine having to reverse before entering the carpark.
    Not sure if the design was to assume all visitors will drive round the water feature.

As expected, the AYE is noisy, good luck to the neighbours near the expressway.

Workmanship not fantastic, maybe i am picky.

Besides that, residents will be spoilt for choices, 5 pools to choose from
    Nice gym and many exercise stations.
    It's also windy, perhaps breeze from sea.

Do check it out when you are free, the guards are friendly.
    I enjoyed the free n easy tour very much

So you go in with just the lawyer letter without the keys? maybe will try tomorrow...my workplace is also just beside AYE so I know the noise is very bad...

Quote Originally Posted by dimspice
    Oh great so you got your "longkang" hahaha.

yeah imagine having to reverse to get into carpark, had the same experience! I was like aiyo why like that???

I thought the grey gate into the respective blocks looks cheapskate looking!

Hahah you can jump from one pool to another! I think the gym is nicely equipped and they even have the exercise ball!
    ya, it's my family's pool view hahaha.

do you think it's better for the guards to advise visitors to go round the water feature? Imagine 3-4 non residents entering at the same time

You are right about the grey gate, they should have used glass.
    Funny thing is you need card access to take the lift, do you realise that no card is required if you take the stairs?

Cant wait to use the facilities haha

Quote Originally Posted by jlbc
    So you go in with just the lawyer letter without the keys? maybe will try tomorrow...my workplace is also just beside AYE so I know the noise is very bad...
    Let just say as long as you can prove that you are owner, the guards will let you in
    Dont think the noise will be a problem, just need to adjust.
    Enjoy your tour!

hey..anyone has pics of the interior?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Soh
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stalingrad
    If you get an uncle that wears singlets and flip-flops, you can choose to ignore him and associate with others, if you live in a large project. If you live in a small project, you don't have a choice. Even he spit beatel nut juice on your car in the carpark, you would still have to ask him to help when you have a problem.

What are you trying to tell us ? Just because we could effort to live in a Condo, we should ignore those uncle that wears singlets and flip-flops.
    Please remember our country foundation were built by these uncles wearing singlets and flip-flops.
    Guess that si ang mo dun know this uncle culture la

Let just say as long as you can prove that you are owner, the guards will let you in
    Dont think the noise will be a problem, just need to adjust.
    Enjoy your tour!
    jozz, you are some louzy driver leh. I drove my car straight into the carback without getting around the water feature or reversing. haha, women are not good at driving, that is for sure.

come to our unit for house warming party with wife and two kids?

workmanship not good? you were able get into your unit? we could only walk around.

You never know. Jozz may be driving some Limo or BMW 750.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    jozz, you are some louzy driver leh. I drove my car straight into the carback without getting around the water feature or reversing. haha, women are not good at driving, that is for sure.

workmanship not good? you were able get into your unit? we could only walk around.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Guess that si ang mo dun know this uncle culture la

Firstly, let me apologize for the grammartical mistake in my post.

If you are staying opposite his block, you might want to put up a DISCLAIMER just in case you are accused of peeping into his appartment !
    60 meters is approx 200ft, when I looked across the pool (where I staying now), I clearly see what my neighbour is doing if he/she does not closed the curtain, UNLESS one has problem with his/her eye sight

excuse moi....insulting women now instead of ah pek? And thou jozz nick abit feminine but I am sure he is manly hor!

And yes like what polkadots mentioned jozz might be driving 7 series for all you know

Default Carabelle

Majority of us particiapted in this forum to exchange view point or info, some used it to "how lian".

Be humble in life and it will open many doors for you, never broadcast your wealth because only the have'nt is trying to tell the world he/she has make it.

anyone else got the lawyer letter? just got mine today...will be paying the pre-requisite fees on monday and hopefully could collect the keys on Sat...

no yet...but should be soon, according to the Sim Lian lady in the function room...she checked and told me that they have just sent out the letter for my unit.

Incidentally, I was back at the site before dinner......the EM locks on the gates have been activated. so unless you have the access cards you will not be able to get to your unit.

Quote Originally Posted by $2COE
    hey..anyone has pics of the interior?
    sorry no interior pics yet.

Quote Originally Posted by polkadots
    no yet...but should be soon, according to the Sim Lian lady in the function room...she checked and told me that they have just sent out the letter for my unit.

Incidentally, I was back at the site before dinner......the EM locks on the gates have been activated. so unless you have the access cards you will not be able to get to your unit.
    Managed to get in at about 11 this morning. The doors to my unit were locked but managed to get in to one of the units similar in layout and design. Workmanship was pretty good though I think we may need to repolish the floor. The kitchen comes with an oven. So fir that some who earlier posted asking if it's a microwave or oven, now you know The layout for the hall, kitchen, balcony looks pretty decent but for the rooms, they're small. Smaller then a three room HDB flat master bed room. Seems like sizes are the same for all 3 rooms. Facilities are great though the playground could have been more equipped. Pools look great and I must say the main pool is huge. Nice touch to have fishes in the canals by the side. Wondering if they will put in kois next. That would be nice.

I only managed to take a quick glance at my own unit yesterday. Din really do any proper checks. Visually and very superficially the workmanship seemed ok to me. the glue smells in some rooms are over-powering so I stay long in them. but yes, they do look/feel a little smaller, somehow, than what I recalled seeing at the showroom. The living room, on the other hand, looks a little bigger than we expected.....maybe because the ceiling is pretty tall......There are some pics of the showrooms in the first page of this thread for referencing........

Was thinking of sneaking in the unit again this evening to take a proper look but could not......Also, the pool and water features were all turned off so the place didn't look/sound very exciting, relative. I left in about 15 min when it started to drizzle again......

you are intending to get your own contractor to repolish the floor? why dun you try to get Sim Lian to repolish for you instead if you find their standard unacceptable? I am thinking of installing a gate in front of the main door......when the main door and the balcony door are opened the breeze is wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    Managed to get in at about 11 this morning. The doors to my unit were locked but managed to get in to one of the units similar in layout and design. Workmanship was pretty good though I think we may need to repolish the floor. The kitchen comes with an oven. So fir that some who earlier posted asking if it's a microwave or oven, now you know The layout for the hall, kitchen, balcony looks pretty decent but for the rooms, they're small. Smaller then a three room HDB flat master bed room. Seems like sizes are the same for all 3 rooms. Facilities are great though the playground could have been more equipped. Pools look great and I must say the main pool is huge. Nice touch to have fishes in the canals by the side. Wondering if they will put in kois next. That would be nice.
    Last edited by polkadots; 11-07-09 at 23:42.

Quote Originally Posted by polkadots
    I only managed to take a quick glance at my own unit yesterday. Din really do any proper checks. Visually and very superficially the workmanship seemed ok to me. the glue smells in some rooms are over-powering so I stay long in them. but yes, they do look/feel a little smaller, somehow, than what I recalled seeing at the showroom. The living room, on the other hand, looks a little bigger than we expected.....maybe because the ceiling is pretty tall......There are some pics of the showrooms in the first page of this thread for referencing........

Was thinking of sneaking in the unit again this evening to take a proper look but could not......Also, the pool and water features were all turned off so the place didn't look/sound very exciting, relative. I left in about 15 min when it started to drizzle again......

you are intending to get your own contractor to repolish the floor? why dun you try to get Sim Lian to repolish for you instead if you find their standard unacceptable? I am thinking of installing a gate in front of the main
    door......when the main door and the balcony door are opened the breeze is
    wonderful!
    Nah. Gonna get Sim Lian to repolish it. That's what defect fixing is for

Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    Nah. Gonna get Sim Lian to repolish it. That's what defect fixing is for
    Is the kitchen dish drainer covered.? Last time I saw it at the showroom it was an open concept. I had earlier requested that they install doors to close it.

Quote Originally Posted by maria
    Is the kitchen dish drainer covered.? Last time I saw it at the showroom it was an open concept. I had earlier requested that they install doors to close it.
    I think it is. I didn't see any exposed wares when I was looking around. And they are using hard-top for the kitchen top so it's kinda nice.

Just notice from the posted photos that window glass at carabelle is tinted. We were thinking about pasting solar film on our windows to reduce heat and glare. Perhaps it is unnecessary.

Someone mentioned that each kitchen is equipped with an oven, not a microwave oven. Are you sure? In the showroom, there is a microwave oven mounted into the wall panel. its looks like an oven, but actually a microwave. Can someone double check that it is indeed an oven?

a posting at botannia forum said the CDL is going to launch a condo at the former hong leong garden condo site for 800-900 psf. Is that is true, it is a good news for anyone that bought recently.

you got in via the lane closer to the guard post without reversing?
    I admit I am not a fantastic driver, will try harder on my next visit

i managed to sneak into my unit as the blangas were still doing work on the level. Perhaps, my unit still needs touch up. Workmanship is subjective.

guys, pls dun jump to conclusion
    i am a poor resident with only 2bed rooms, driving a normal sedan.
    jozz is the initials of my son's name.

No worry man, as long as we lived within our means. My furniture were make from compressed rubber wood.

still no TOP letter from your lawyer? your lawyer is not very good.
    Nothing to do with my lawyer.

Went inside Carabelle on Friday evening, they are still carrying work at in some units of stack 61, 63 & 65.

Went to my unit, it was also not ready yet.

you got in via the lane closer to the guard post without reversing?
    I admit I am not a fantastic driver, will try harder on my next visit

i managed to sneak into my unit as the blangas were still doing work on the level. Perhaps, my unit still needs touch up. Workmanship is subjective.

we drove on the outside lane as the manager in charge, very kind of him, came out to greet us. that is why there was no reversing.

we are all poor. otherwise, we would be calling rivergate home.

we drove on the outside lane as the manager in charge, very kind of him, came out to greet us. that is why there was no reversing.

Good all shake hands

chey! cheat, pls try the inner lane on yr next visit and let me know how u feel

have a few pics of indoor to share

IMG_4143.JPG IMG_4144.JPG IMG_4145.JPG
    kitchen, is the last pic an oven?

IMG_4157.JPG IMG_4149.JPG IMG_4171.JPG
    toilets

IMG_4155.JPG IMG_4156.JPG
    wardrobe

IMG_4162.JPG
    toshiba inverter aircon

IMG_4167.JPG
    balcony, can we cover up the planter?

IMG_4177.JPG
    main door
    Last edited by jozz91; 12-07-09 at 21:40.

The kitchen dish drainer no pullout door to cover. Like that I got to get my contractor to install a door to prevent insects crawling to my cups and dishes. The planter very ugly without timber deck. Can we lay timber deck. Must get approval or not. Is the bathtub hydrojet or bubblejet.?

Quote Originally Posted by maria
    The kitchen dish drainer no pullout door to cover. Like that I got to get my contractor to install a door to prevent insects crawling to my cups and dishes. The planter very ugly without timber deck. Can we lay timber deck. Must get approval or not. Is the bathtub hydrojet or bubblejet.?
    What's the difference between hydrojet vs bubblejet? Got a quote for chengai wood decking for the planter..approx 500 for the area of the planter..think ok for that size?

Someone mentioned that each kitchen is equipped with an oven, not a microwave oven. Are you sure? In the showroom, there is a microwave oven mounted into the wall panel. its looks like an oven, but actually a microwave. Can someone double check that it is indeed an oven?
    I think its a microwave oven not the convection oven. Its also stated in the brochure as microwave and during the launch at the showflat, I remember seeing it as a microwave. Personally I would have preferred the convection oven.

Quote Originally Posted by dimspice
    I think its a microwave oven not the convection oven. Its also stated in the brochure as microwave and during the launch at the showflat, I remember seeing it as a microwave. Personally I would have preferred the convection oven.
    Quite positive it's a microwave oven
    This looks exactly like the one we saw
    http://www.bosch-home.com/sg/singapo...HMT9656EU.html

Quote Originally Posted by $2COE
    What's the difference between hydrojet vs bubblejet? Got a quote for chengai wood decking for the planter..approx 500 for the area of the planter..think ok for that size?
    Hydrojet I understand is better. Its' a therapy for aches and pain. Even hospital using hydrojet if all manual physiotherapy cannot help. Bubblejet common just creating bubbles. The sales agent had said verbally that the developer may want to give hydrojet but dont know true or not.
    You got a quote for $500/- chengai wood! Who is the contractor? I ask before about $1000/- . Wow. alot of things to do.
    Last edited by maria; 13-07-09 at 10:25.