Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819202122232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Carabelle (D5, Freehold, Sim Lian)

have received the TOP letter.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    yeah !
    does the letter state when to collect keys?

when collect key?

woo that is fast but I believe that we had to pay up 6 months maintenance fees upfront before we could take the keys...

Quote Originally Posted by jlbc
    woo that is fast but I believe that we had to pay up 6 months maintenance fees upfront before we could take the keys...
    + survey fees...

Quote Originally Posted by $2COE
    + survey fees...
    yeah you right...but how much would that be?

So fast reach you.! You dont have to go through lawyer ha..

Quote Originally Posted by jozz91
    yeah !
    does the letter state when to collect keys?
    think you can collect when you have made payment to developer. they are ready with key collection. heard someone already collected key yesterday...he was the first person :P

Quote Originally Posted by dimspice
    think you can collect when you have made payment to developer. they are ready with key collection. heard someone already collected key yesterday...he was the first person :P
    WOW.. that was fast

If I am not wrong, Sim Lian will write to your lawyer to release the final amount before they send the key collection letter to you. Then you need to make an appt with key collection office to collect the key and check your unit with the rep.

That's what I went thru for my other place.

Anyone can comment?

Just came back from a business trip yesterday morning.....no TOP letter, no keys yet.....nothing to do so I drove down the Carabelle in the afternoon......no more barricades at the guardpost, barriers were up......but when i tried to turn in the blanga in the guardroom stopped me......said cannot enter.......maybe must show them the keys first....

Quote Originally Posted by Juz4max
    If I am not wrong, Sim Lian will write to your lawyer to release the final amount before they send the key collection letter to you. Then you need to make an appt with key collection office to collect the key and check your unit with the rep.

Anyone can comment?
    yes need to send cheque for final amount through our lawyer then when cheque is cleared, make appt to collect key.

Quote Originally Posted by polkadots
    Just came back from a business trip yesterday morning.....no TOP letter, no keys yet.....nothing to do so I drove down the Carabelle in the afternoon......no more barricades at the guardpost, barriers were up......but when i tried to turn in the blanga in the guardroom stopped me......said cannot enter.......maybe must show them the keys first....
    if you have a unit there, maybe can just let them know your block and unit? but i think they also want to see letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Juz4max

Anyone can comment?
    this is right. we will collect our keys on monday. the maintenance fee is only 250 per month, very reasonable compared with 500 plus at the stellar.

we have a 3 bedder, if you have a 2 bedder, it would be 100 plus.

this is right. we will collect our keys on monday. the maintenance fee is only 250 per month, very reasonable compared with 500 plus at the stellar.

stanlingrad, congratulation! You collecting key this monday so fast. Must you pay the maintenance fee and survey fee first and then wait for cheque to clear before they let you have key?

Quote Originally Posted by maria
    stanlingrad, congratulation! You collecting key this monday so fast. Must you pay the maintenance fee and survey fee first and then wait for cheque to clear before they let you have key?
    yes, but we made the payment today.;=)

yes, but we made the payment today.;=)
    Congratulation to all Carabelle owners on your estate TOP.

Strange enough, despite waiting for years, a few more days seem to be so unbearable for some, so kindly allow me to share a pointer here.

For PPS or any related payment to lawyer, spend $5 and get a cashier order. It will speed up key collection a minimum of 2-3 days.

how much for 4 bedder?

to correct your inaccurate info ..

$500 for stellar is for the super penthouse .. 4+1 rooms ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    to correct your inaccurate info ..

$500 for stellar is for the super penthouse .. 4+1 rooms ...
    but is it not true that the owner of a 3 bedder at the stellar would have to pay about $400 in maintenance fee?

that is still 60% higher than what we paid at Carabelle. And we have more space for kids to roam. Not to mention better facilities.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 10-07-09 at 10:37.

but is it not true that the owner of a 3 bedder at the stellar would have to pay about $400 in maintenance fee?

that is still 60% higher than what we paid at Carabelle. And we have more space for kids to room. Not to mention better facilities.
    dont be so defensive i am not saying anything bad about carabelle

just correcting you ..cos you said " 250, very reasonable compared to 500 plus at stellar "
    and that is wrong cos at stellar only the 4+1 room is paying 506 the smaller units are not .. so do not give wrong impression that the 3 bedder are also paying 500 plus

thats all i am trying to correct ..

of course we more units .. you definitely pay less .. so stop talking about whatever play ground .. i said nothing about it ..

Not being sensitive. I have always argued it is better to buy into a larger development for several reasons

(1) With the same plot ratio, larger projects provide more room to explore to relax and for kids to roam to bike, etc.

(2) lower maintenance fee

(3) better facilities

(4) get to choose neighbors to associate with; at stellar, you are stuck with people you don't like.

(5) more privacy.

That is why I will never buy into any of the small projects along west coast road and PP. Imagine you have a loud mouthed neighbor who smokes and spits,who likes peeking into your window and chatting up your wife. you are stuck with him, because so few are living in your project. And if he tries something funny, no one will come to your rescue. large projects would not have such problems.

Not being sensitive. I have always argued it is better to buy into a larger development for several reasons

(1) With the same plot ratio, larger projects provide more room to explore to relax and for kids to roam to bike, etc.

(3) better facilities

(4) get to choose neighbors to associate with; at stellar, you are stuck with people you don't like.

(5) more privacy.

That is why I will never buy into any of the small projects along west coast road and PP. Imagine you have a loud mouthed neighbor who smokes and spits,who likes peeking into your window and chatting up your wife. you are stuck with him, because so few are living in your project. And if he tries something funny, no one will come to your rescue. large projects would not have such problems.
    i dont disagree ...

but carabelle is too far .. almost reaching the end of west coast road ...with no MRT no nothing .. even with car ..if a long drive ..

Stellar maybe smaller .. but its really convenient ..

if you so like big and nice enovironment ..you should have bought Ridgewood .. Yong Ann Park ..

anyway i am not here to say bad things about what you have bought ..

i know you will tell me what school etc etc .. many in stellar are ahead of you ..they children are in NUS ..just for your info and many tenants there are lecturers too ..

so many only your neighbour wil smoke and spit

case close ..

i am going to bed now .. its 10.52 pm in NY ..

good night

(3) better facilities
    This I agree. I feel mid-sized developments are good compromise. small sized ones will be expensive to maintain. big sized ones will be crowded.......

(5) more privacy.

This i dun quite agree. I feel whether one gets good or bad neighbours is all about luck.......if one is so unfortunate to get a less then ideal one he is still stuck whether the development is big or small.....yah?

Quote Originally Posted by polkadots
    This I agree. I feel mid-sized developments are good compromise. small sized ones will be expensive to maintain. big sized ones will be crowded.......

This i dun quite agree. I feel whether one gets good or bad neighbours is all about luck.......if one is so unfortunate to get a less then ideal one he is still stuck whether the development is big or small.....yah?
    If you get an uncle that wears singlets and flip-flops, you can choose to ignore him and associate with others, if you live in a large project. If you live in a small project, you don't have a choice. Even he spit beatel nut juice on your car in the carpark, you would still have to ask him to help when you have a problem.

quote from stalingrad

That I totally agree...

Most of the time that's true also...

(3) better facilities

Totally agree...

That I dont agree... What if the development is bigger? If your next door happens to be a loud mouthed neighbor who smokes and spits,who likes peeking into your window and chatting up your wife, you are still stuck with him. You mean you wanna sell your unit and move into another unit or stack cos its a bigger development? Also since there are more people living in a bigger development, isn't your chances of meeting one higher? Say out of 10 good people you will meet one hellish neighbour..., if you stay in a development with 300units and say each unit only have three people staying, you have 900 people to deal with... isn't the chances of meeting a bad neighbour higher?

(5) more privacy.

Again I don't understand this part. How can a development with more people have more privacy? You are dealing with 900 people so you better make sure you don't do anything silly and dun underestimate the power of grapevine cos soon the whole estate will know what you did last night...
    Last edited by Autonomy; 10-07-09 at 11:26.

i fail to see your reasoning......stellar is not a 3 units development........i think there are probably at least 150 units, so you have 147 units to associate with or to ask for help? even if you are talking about foliage with 50-80 units you still have 47 other units to associate with.....

I normally know my immediate neighbours pretty well and I alway make efforts to build up good relationship with them. i think that is important coz if help is required they will be in the best position to render some, as they are near......

If someone dares so much as to spit on my car or play punk with my family I guaran-damn-tee he will be the one who needs to look for help!

If you get an uncle that wears singlets and flip-flops, you can choose to ignore him and associate with others, if you live in a large project. If you live in a small project, you don't have a choice. Even he spit beatel nut juice on your car in the carpark, you would still have to ask him to help when you have a problem.

In a large project, there are so many residents, so it feels like a large community where residents can remain nameless, faceless, etc. So, you don't really have to get to know anyone, and no one needs to get to know you. thus, you can choose to be part of the community or to be out of it.

In a small project, there are fewer people. It is hard to remain nameless and faceless. it is more difficult to choose not to be part of the community. e.g. if you see the same face day in and day out, it is hard to not to communicate with that face. but you seldom see the same face if you stay in a large community.

that is why I argued there is more privacy and choice of association.

In a large project, there are so many residents, so it feels like a large community where residents can remain nameless, faceless, etc. So, you don't really have to get to know anyone, and no one needs to get to know you. thus, you can choose to be part of the community or to be out of it.

In a small project, there are fewer people. It is hard to remain nameless and faceless. it is more difficult to choose not to be part of the community. e.g. if you see the same face day in and day out, it is hard to not to communicate with that face. but you seldom see the same face if you stay in a large community.

that is why I argued there is more privacy and choice of association.
    I think you are talking about being remaining anonymous in a large population rather then privacy per se. Which is kinda true. 100 ppl in a room, you can choose to opt out from the crowd and click with just 1 or 2. 2 ppl in room.. you scratch you nose the other is sure to notice

Hi guys and gals,

As I post using my BB, I am standing in my unit looking out from the balcony!!!

No TOP letter, no key. Armed with some letters to prove I am an owner here, the secutiry let me in!! And my main door was not locked!!

Haha!