Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Carabelle (D5, Freehold, Sim Lian)

Default Carabelle

Just got the option for a 3 rooms @730psf on the high floor.
    There is one unit 3 + 1 study (1302 sq ft) landed facing asking 760psf negoitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Soh
    There is one unit 3 + 1 study (1302 sq ft) landed facing asking 760psf negoitable.
    Congrats, which stack did you get, any west sun?

I think that 730psf for a high-floor unit is quite reasonable. you should take it. hope the owner doesn't change his mind. but it you sign the option and make the payment, he cannot back out, can he?

Congrats Jeff!! You become an owner in Carabelle! But spoiler leh you, now the transacted caveat will show 730psf!

But as long as you are happy no problem ya! Happy collecting keys soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan
    Congrats, which stack did you get, any west sun?
    John, carabelle got west sun?

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    Congrats Jeff!! You become an owner in Carabelle! But spoiler leh you, now the transacted caveat will show 730psf!

But as long as you are happy no problem ya! Happy collecting keys soon.
    I saw some 3 bedders at carabele for sale at 921 psf. compared with those units, jeff's seller is very reasonable.

Novel, you should just bite the bullet and pay the market price. who knows, it may get higher.

stalin,

no i rather stay somewhere else!!

Default Carabelle

Stack 11, was told there will be slight west sun late afternoon, mostly block by Botannia.
    Personally checked it out @1.30pm, no west sun at all, will have to wait till TOP for final confirmation.

I believed if you are not in the hurry to buy, pricing might see 700psf after TOP. It a gamble to take !

Wish you luck, Novel

Stack 11, was told there will be slight west sun late afternoon, mostly block by Botannia.
    Personally checked it out @1.30pm, no west sun at all, will have to wait till TOP for final confirmation.

I believed if you are not in the hurry to buy, pricing might see 700psf after TOP. It a gamble to take !

Wish you luck, Novel
    what a happy go luck type!! that is the spirit. hope you have no kids that will take part in PI registration this year. I am beginning to worried about my oldest son. Can he get into Nanhua or not?

Wish you luck, Novel
    Totally no sunlight also bad. Get some sunlight into your bathrooms is a must.

stalin,

no i rather stay somewhere else!!
    Novel:

it is good to be risk averse and not wanting to make a decision during this economic uncertainty. But in my view, there is not much risk buying in this area, for several reasons:

(1) this is a nice area with only landed properties.
    (2) close to the lake business district that the government is developing
    (3) close to many good schools, from primary to universities.
    (4) light traffic and easy to go places, unlike east coast areas, which are plagued by traffic jams.
    (5) good air quality, except for those real close to AYE.

Perhaps for these reasons, prices actually never dipped even after the bankruptcy of lehman brothers, while condos in other areas dropped 20 even 30%. We paid $600psf, but that is before the government announced the plans for the lake business district. so that price is not a good benchmark for you to focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    true, we have several bathrooms. those without sunlight get mouldy, and those that have sunlight are cleaner.

it is also good to have some sunlight into other rooms, to kill bacteria and viruses. Also, you often notice that rooms with no sunlight smell funny after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    true, we have several bathrooms. those without sunlight get mouldy, and those that have sunlight are cleaner.

it is also good to have some sunlight into other rooms, to kill bacteria and viruses. Also, you often notice that rooms with no sunlight smell funny after a while.
    Yes, avoid a stack with totally no sunlight. I studied Chinese Medicine as part-time hobby. SG weather is hot and wet. If a person's body constituation is hot and wet, it will be bad staying in Singapore in general. If a person's body constituion is cold and wet, it is important to get sunlight.

stalingrad,

no I did not use your purchase price as the benchmark, it is not realistic of me to ask for such price from the sellers. But I guess I can afford to look elsewhere in west so its not a die die situation for me to get a unit in Carabelle. Thou I like the location because it is very near my parent's place. Well..not fated lor. *sigh*

Anyway, I hope our the other forummer, Jozz can get his unit in Carabelle sooon too!!

So excited for you guys! Going to shift in the new place

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    jitkiat, if I dunno you are a man hor...I will assume you are an auntie from this statement haha.... sounds soooo like my mum!

By the way, why Jeff suspected after TOP can try this pricing? What is the logic? Anyone advise please.

By the way, why Jeff suspected after TOP can try this pricing? What is the logic? Anyone advise please.
    Might be some bought at high px initially and now can't afford to pay full, so must sell low?

Default Carabella

Novel,
    Some sellers do not have the holding power. Agent will not play ball with the sellers any furthur when nearing the three months contract period and will recommend them to sell at lower price since there is no taker.
    Most agents will promised the sellers they could market the property at a high price to secure the transection.

Stan,
    No worry, my grandson is in Rulang that the reason we wanted Carabelle

Jeff, thanks for the info. Wow! Grandson!!!! You are sooo fortunate! My boy just 3YO.....

Novel,
    Some sellers do not have the holding power. Agent will not play ball with the sellers any furthur when nearing the three months contract period and will recommend them to sell at lower price since there is no taker.
    Most agents will promised the sellers they could market the property at a high price to secure the transection.

Stan,
    No worry, my grandson is in Rulang that the reason we wanted Carabelle
    Ok. This really make me envy. My grand-daughter just 3 weeks old. I need another 6 more years before I could discuss P1 registration with Stalin and Novel. hahahahha...

Default Private Property Selling Price

I read with amusement that FCL sold 8@Woodleigh @ average of 770psf and they were near sell out at the soft lunch. Buyer is either very rich or "brave" to commit at that level of pricing for 99 years lease hold property and not to mention the heavy traffic problem in that area ????

I read with amusement that FCL sold 8@Woodleigh @ average of 770psf and they were near sell out at the soft lunch. Buyer is either very rich or "brave" to commit at that level of pricing for 99 years lease hold property and not to mention the heavy traffic problem in that area ????
    Its the fear of losing out now that prices are moving upwards. Developers also has been increasing their prices. with such prices, buyers of Carabelle, inifiniti and Botannia can rest easy since the prices paid are relatively low compared to what others are selling

haha.......ppl do funny things out of peer pressure....a loan approving officer friend of mine told me sometime ago that a good proportional of ppl are really living on the edge, buying bigger and more expensive homes than they really can comfortably afford...even HDBs.

Just recently, I saw sad cases. Market dived, jobs become insecure and things turn ugly for a friend and a relative......have to come up with contributions for kids milk powder (trust me, it is really difficult to bear to have kids go hungry).

anyway, I concur with Boeing that these are good news for ppl who bought their properties at the low......

Quote Originally Posted by boeing777
    Its the fear of losing out now that prices are moving upwards. Developers also has been increasing their prices. with such prices, buyers of Carabelle, inifiniti and Botannia can rest easy since the prices paid are relatively low compared to what others are selling

Quote Originally Posted by polkadots
    haha.......ppl do funny things out of peer pressure....a loan approving officer friend of mine told me sometime ago that a good proportional of ppl are really living on the edge, buying bigger and more expensive homes than they really can comfortably afford...even HDBs.

Just recently, I saw sad cases. Market dived, jobs become insecure and things turn ugly for a friend and a relative......have to come up with contributions for kids milk powder (trust me, it is really difficult to bear to have kids go hungry).

anyway, I concur with Boeing that these are good news for ppl who bought their properties at the low......
    I agree that one of the biggest factors for the housing boom in singapore is that there are a lot of compulsive gamblers out there. these people must buy to get their daily rush of adrenaline. You want to meet them? just go to any showflat open today. hopefully, these compulsive gamblers will redirect their attention to the IRs when they open.

May I know what do you guys think of holding the purchase for the time being?
    My thoughts are :
    1. H1N1 which is spreading like wild fire, will it turn into another SARS?
    2. Weak rental market. While the property market is hot, rental remains weak. For owners who may have holding power, will they be able to rent out at their desired price? Hold on to a non-profitable property?
    3. Hot property market will cool off eventually unless there is a huge twist to the recession.
    4. There are about 30 developments that will TOP this year, about 6000 units will be ready for stay. Developers are still launching new developments. Not forgetting the resale market, buyers are spoilt for choices. Demand < supply?
    5. North Korea, add salt to the wounded economy?
    Sorry, if my points are optimistic/pessimistic, favor the buyers.

I was a seller few weeks ago, asking price was reasonable.
    House was sold within a few days.
    1. Buyer likes the house and price.
    2. Me, seller makes profit.
    3. Agent collects commission.
    Win-win situation for all

so dun understand why some sellers, agents are asking for ridiculous prices?

Novel, thanks for your well wishes, your pm inbox was full last week

Cheers everyone, have a great week ahead!

For your info I track most of the major condo in the west and their psfs.

I dun see any logic in why TOP price will fall to 700psf. Everyday the number of desperate sellers decrease as units get bought up, what is left in the market are those looking to breakeven if not will not sell. Some other high price are even looking to profit.

I for one was a firm believer that prices are too high, prices now are not value for money and that things should get worse due to falling rents.

But I have come to respect the market. The market is telling me that there are a lot of buyers, that they can and will commit at todays prices, that they they should be able to handle their morgages despite falling rents and that they see the current prices as good value.

I know a lot of friends looking to buy but say economy is bad, this is not sustainable and prices will come down. I tell them, repect the market. If you are looking at a certain psf, you have to consider where are you in the PSF queue. If there are many people ahead of you willing to pay a little more, the units will get taken up before it hits your desired psf.

I dun think buyers today are so stupid to commit such large sums without considering the implications.News paper and anlysts reports are always too slow to be of much use. For all you know these smart owners see something that has not been reported yet.

Caveat Emptor. This is not an inducment to buy.

[quote=jozz91]May I know what do you guys think of holding the purchase for the time being?
    My thoughts are :
    1. H1N1 which is spreading like wild fire, will it turn into another SARS?
    IT IS ALREADY WORSE THAN SARS but Mr Market says no problem cos fatality is low.
    1. Weak rental market. While the property market is hot, rental remains weak. For owners who may have holding power, will they be able to rent out at their desired price? Hold on to a non-profitable property?
    Mixed view, my take is that it will not turn out as bad as expected
    1. Hot property market will cool off eventually unless there is a huge twist to the recession.
    At this stage we should be witnessing the full effects of the recession. Please tell me what do you see. If you look back at what has happened in the past 9 months and consider that to be the worst, what are the chances of it getting better as compared to getting worser.

There are about 30 developments that will TOP this year, about 6000 units will be ready for stay. Developers are still launching new developments. Not forgetting the resale market, buyers are spoilt for choices. Demand < supply?

Mixed view, will wait and see effect, but Mr Market is hinting that it will not be a big issue.
    1. North Korea, add salt to the wounded economy?
    No relation to SG real estate unless they aim at singapore and a missle lands here.

Sorry, if my points are optimistic/pessimistic, favor the buyers.

I was a seller few weeks ago, asking price was reasonable.
    House was sold within a few days.
    1. Buyer likes the house and price.
    2. Me, seller makes profit.
    3. Agent collects commission.
    Win-win situation for all
    In a bear market there will be fewer buyers and they take longer to commit. You have sold your house in a few days, witnessing first hand the current property market sentiments. Need anybody advise you.

so dun understand why some sellers, agents are asking for ridiculous prices?

Novel, thanks for your well wishes, your pm inbox was full last week

Cheers everyone, have a great week ahead!

John,

in short, seems like you are telling me "MTL" haha.
    Thank you for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by jozz91
    John,

Thank you for your reply
    My view is North Korea is a non-event. They are not like Iraq, they have no regional ambition. All the North Koreans wants is to remain in power and enjoy their luxury life with power, caviar, red wine, wagyu beef. The nuclear threat is more of a bargaining chip for more luxury stuff and aid rather than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jozz91
    John,

Thank you for your reply
    Let me paint you a few scenarios.

A) Market falls due to unforseen event. How much will it fall and are you comfotable with it.

B) Market maintain at this level for the next 6 months. Does not affect you cos price now and then the same.

C) Market moves up in 6 months, can u afford to buy then?

D) Market moves up and then comes down to current level. Does not affect you cos price now and then the same.

E) Market moves up and then comes down lower than current level. Will you buy then?

You assess the probability of the above 5 scenarios and then see what u are comfortable with.

I can accept the price to go down 10% after i buy but I cannot accept the price to go up 10% before I buy. So i will act on what i can accept

Nevertheless I have to admit that the market now is crazy and pricey and buyers should be wary
    Last edited by JohnTan; 22-06-09 at 15:19.