Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116212631 ... LastLast

Thread: Carabelle (D5, Freehold, Sim Lian)

i called.. bluff one...

Quote Originally Posted by code01
    i called.. bluff one...
    hugh? i searched and found that one, quite some time already but i didn't call ... called another agent when he advertised a unit for carabelle on thursday or friday and during our small talk - he also said infiniti facing AYE around $590psf. i didn't follow-up because i no interest. so this agent also bluff? if that's the case, i better avoid this guy - why are agents "talking down" infiniti? so that interested people will call them? i'm confuzed ...

EDIT - ADDON - which also means that we need to weed out the fake from the ads? OMG, isn't this making it even tougher?

[quote=noblebaby]Carabelle facing the landed, all west sun, hot like hell...

[quote]

Not entirely true. Many facing the west have botannia as a shield against the sun in the afternoon. Just look at Google Earth. Thanks, botannia.

hey guys, this might be rather belated. but i just noticed the new upcoming mrt line will include a stop at west coast? anyone knows if the station will be near carabelle? haha or when the station is expected to be ready?

with mrt n the condo shuttle to clementi, maybe can really consider carabelle (when prices sweeten!) without getting a car to avoid the peak hour jams...

hi again!

woah i heard the news that JP Morgan is reporting good news, following right behind Citibank yesterday.. does this mean the market will soon start to pick up gradually?

oh no, so do u all think, after we waited so long and hard for a good priced unit, but in the end sellers might really not cut their prices eventually cuz economy is going to improve soon? sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by fernzy
    hey guys, this might be rather belated. but i just noticed the new upcoming mrt line will include a stop at west coast? anyone knows if the station will be near carabelle? haha or when the station is expected to be ready?

with mrt n the condo shuttle to clementi, maybe can really consider carabelle (when prices sweeten!) without getting a car to avoid the peak hour jams...

Nope....the West Coast station is far from Carabelle. It is somewhere at Pasir Panjang.

West Coast MRT is at YESS Centre / Haw Par
    http://maps.singaporeexpats.com/show...231&y=92145424

hi anyone knows if there is a gym at carabelle? i saw on site plan fitness stations only and no gym. Anyone can verified?

Yes, clubhouse with function room, reading room & gym indicated in the brochure.

Quote Originally Posted by fernzy
    hi again!

woah i heard the news that JP Morgan is reporting good news, following right behind Citibank yesterday.. does this mean the market will soon start to pick up gradually?

oh no, so do u all think, after we waited so long and hard for a good priced unit, but in the end sellers might really not cut their prices eventually cuz economy is going to improve soon? sigh!
    Hi Fernzy, you can find more info at below link.
    http://www.singeo.com.sg/singeo/maps/mrt2020map.html

Quote Originally Posted by Juz4max
    Yes, clubhouse with function room, reading room & gym indicated in the brochure.
    Thanks for the info !!!

Quote Originally Posted by x11
    where is the "firesales" ???
    where is the "recession" ???

its now a stand-off between sellers and buyers. sellers don't want to reduce their prices and buyers don't want to pay prices that they believe are not at the bottom. hence the hands don't clap.

i think we will see if the sellers are right once the TOP date is announced and is nearing. if sellers have their finanices sorted out, then the buyers will never get to see prices dropping ... BUT if there are a number of speculators that purchased units without the proper financing in place, then maybe they might be forced to reduce prices to let go of units near TOP ...
    i got a call from an agent from ...
    said Stellar(freehold) got one penthouse 4 bedroom ..going cheap, cheaper than 99yrs Varsity Park ... think owner oversea ... no time to manage rental ..so selling ...

think its 2270 sqft

May I know how much it is

Default Strange property agent's behaviour

Hi, wonder if anybody face similar respond from the seller agent (which they claim to be).

Saw a unit Carabelle listing for $650psf on ST paper, find out which stack and went down to view the unit facing. Decided to make offer next day but when try contacting her to check if still available - there is no repsond at all.

Strange.. why?

Quote Originally Posted by david8387
    Hi, wonder if anybody face similar respond from the seller agent (which they claim to be).

Saw a unit Carabelle listing for $650psf on ST paper, find out which stack and went down to view the unit facing. Decided to make offer next day but when try contacting her to check if still available - there is no repsond at all.

Strange.. why?
    Lots of tricks being used these days to gauge market demand. A property speculator once told me that its a modus operanti used by them to find out how much interest there is from potential buyers. So if the interest is very strong they would themselves go out & try to secure the property first. They would then try to unload it to genuine buyers for a reasonable gain.

These speculators also have strong connections with property agents & are willing to pay more commissions to them if they can get lower prices for the properties.

Its really a minefield out there for genuine sellers & buyers. Thats why, it's important to know the fair value of the property for both sellers & buyers. Otherwise you could be taken advantage of by crafty people.

Quote Originally Posted by W0520
    May I know how much it is
    i think asking 1.65-1.55 mio

Quote Originally Posted by ryanyuen
    Hi everyone,

My wife and I just completed the transaction of a sub-sale unit in Carabelle. Bought a penthouse facing the pool at $830psf. Currently living at an EC in the north and looking forward to moving over to the west. Its going to be our dream house. Looking forward to the completion of the property next year, and meeting you all as neighbours.
    Hi ,
    Any idea what is it TOP date?

may i know any side gate to bus stop at West coast high way? I know The Inifiniti has , but not sure If Carabelle has. I like carabell's lay out, and wonder if there's sea view ?
    Tks

Quote Originally Posted by puppet
    Hi ,
    Any idea what is it TOP date?

may i know any side gate to bus stop at West coast high way? I know The Inifiniti has , but not sure If Carabelle has. I like carabell's lay out, and wonder if there's sea view ?
    Tks
    Ryanyuen ?? you paid 830 psf for the penthouse ??

when is that ? since when carabelle 830 psf ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Ryanyuen ?? you paid 830 psf for the penthouse ??

when is that ? since when carabelle 830 psf ?
    I think he clinched the deal in early 2008, when the market was still hot. but you know what, carabelle is holding up very well against the neighboring condos. Carabelle was launced at 550-630 psf, and botannia was at 700 plus at launch. But the two condos basically are transacted at the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I think he clinched the deal in early 2008, when the market was still hot. but you know what, carabelle is holding up very well against the neighboring condos. Carabelle was launced at 550-630 psf, and botannia was at 700 plus at launch. But the two condos basically are transacted at the same price.
    so currently they are both around 680-700 psf ?? they are FH

while 99yr Clementiwoods and Varsity Park are about 600-630 and 650-680 psf respectively ...though havent seen much Varsity transactions of late

and FH Stellar is .. 660-680 psf i think ... in other words Stellar is cheapest

Default Which choice: Botannia, Inifiniti, Carabelle or monterey park

Hi all,

I'm looking for 4 rm min FH in this 4 ppty, wants to be short walking distance to bus stop at High way and near amenities.

any advise on this 4 ppty, need to move bu this yr.

Thks

so currently they are both around 680-700 psf ?? they are FH

while 99yr Clementiwoods and Varsity Park are about 600-630 and 650-680 psf respectively ...though havent seen much Varsity transactions of late

and FH Stellar is .. 660-680 psf i think ... in other words Stellar is cheapest
    Tell you the history about this area. the infiniti was launched in 2006 at less than 600 psf, and no one gave a damn about this condo. It was close to the highway and it has an odd shape. Carabelle was launched in February or March in 2007 at $590-$630 and was sold out in a month. the market was getting hot, so CDL and Capitaland launched botannia at 700 plus psf in March 2007 and still have not sold all units as of today. But the high prices of botannia made people think that the infiniti and carabelle were cheap, and the condos were sold out shortly.

In march 2007, one had many choices. You can buy the infinit for 630 psf, carabelle for 600psf, and botannia for 700 plus. You can also buy the stellar at 700 psf plus, and clementiwoods at 600 plus psf. Now all these condos are transacted at basically the same price psf. Now, you tell me which condo offered the best value back in March 2007. Of course, it is carabelle. that is why I said that carabelle is holding well very well against the neighbors.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 08-04-09 at 12:20.

Tell you the history about this area. the infiniti was launched in 2006 at less than 600 psf, and no one gave a damn about this condo. It was close to the highway and it has an odd shape. Carabelle was launched in February or March in 2007 at $590-$630 and was sold out in a month. the market was getting hot, so CDL and Capitaland launched botannia at 700 plus psf in March 2007 and still have not sold all units as of today. Buy the high prices of botannia made people think that the infiniti and carabelle were cheap, and the condos were sold out shortly.

In march 2007, one had many choices. You can buy the infinit for 630 psf, carabelle for 600psf, and botannia for 700 plus. You can also buy the stellar at 700 psf plus, and clementiwoods at 600 plus psf. Now all these condos are transacted at basically the same price psf. Now, you tell me which condo offered the best value back in March 2007. Of course, it is carabelle. that is why I said that carabelle is holding well very well against the neighbors.
    thanks ...great info ...

Quote Originally Posted by puppet
    Hi all,

I'm looking for 4 rm min FH in this 4 ppty, wants to be short walking distance to bus stop at High way and near amenities.

any advise on this 4 ppty, need to move bu this yr.

Thks
    the fininit: dirty and noisy, but the cheapest. it is also less accessible, given its location. You need to walk a long way to get to a bus stop.

carabelle: less dirty and less noisy, especially those units toward the west. the best in terms of accessibility. its two meters away from bus stops on AYE.

botannia: least dirty and least noisy, but accessibility is a problem. one needs to walk a long way to get to anywhere.

monterey park, less dirty and less noisy, and better accessibility, close to bus stops along west coast road.

In may way, if you can buy a unit in each condo at the same price, go for
    1. monterey park, 2. carabelle, 3. botannia and 4. the infiniti.

at this moment, monterey park is the most expensive, follwed by botannia, carabelle, and the infiniti. But the gaps are very small.

the fininit: dirty and noisy, but the cheapest. it is also less accessible, given its location. You need to walk a long way to get to a bus stop.

carabelle: less dirty and less noisy, especially those units toward the west. the best in terms of accessibility. its two meters away from bus stops on AYE.

botannia: least dirty and least noisy, but accessibility is a problem. one needs to walk a long way to get to anywhere.

monterey park, less dirty and less noisy, and better accessibility, close to bus stops along west coast road.

at this moment, monterey park is the most expensive, follwed by botannia, carabelle, and the infiniti. But the gaps are very small.

Fact is The Infiniti is FH, not the Carabelle or Botannia as i know of. Also, not all The Infiniti are affected by AYE noise, depends on the unit facing. Dirty? if you don't do clean up for years.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderbee
    Fact is The Infiniti is FH, not the Carabelle or Botannia as i know of. Also, not all The Infiniti are affected by AYE noise, depends on the unit facing. Dirty? if you don't do clean up for years.

huh ??

i believe all 4 are FH

huh ??

i believe all 4 are FH
    The Infiniti is FH
    Botannia is 956 LH
    Monterey Park is 999LH
    Carabelle not sure whether 99LH/999LH ? Have to find out from Sim Lian Developer

huh ??

i believe all 4 are FH
    technically the Infiniti is FH, Botania & Carabelle are 999 yrs.

so all FH.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    technically the Infiniti is FH, Botania & Carabelle are 999 yrs.

so all FH.

any idea whats the difference between FH and 999 ??

i was once told that 999, govt still can take back part or whole of land and pay you 1965 price ...

is that right ?

Allow me to add on:

The Infiniti: Yes, very noisy. You won't feel the joy when walking in the condo surrounding, too noisy! Some units layout are very odd. You may even find a huge pillar inside some of the master bedrooms.

Carabelle: Selling at sky high compared to the launch price. Best units are those facing the pool. Those facing landed are west facing, hot like hell during evening.

Botannia: More N-S facing. But expensive. Traffic jam at the entrance coz the road is connecting to the Infinit. Very narrow road.

The only good thing about these 3 projects is FH. other than that, not a very good place to live. Makan place n Mrt is quite far. Some time also lazy to drive out or take bus.