Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Carabelle (D5, Freehold, Sim Lian)

Hi All, Happy New Year!!!

I am lookin for a private property choosing btw Carabelle, Infiniti & Botannia...haven't really decide which is a better choice (worth investing and also own stay)... really hoping to receive some good pointers from u pple. Thx.

Default Infinity

They are all different in their uniqueness. Bottania is probably the most expensive. Take a look at Monterey Park too. Very well kept after 3 years and easy to get tenants. Infinity should be a hive of activity very soon and the units facing Bottania will be easily rented out

Hello everyone. I bought my #03-xx 3 bedroom unit in Oct last year nearing the end of the price boom and start of the financial crisis for 770psf. Guess I should have waited longer before buying. But anyway... looking forward to TOP soon so I can move in

Hi, how big is a 2 bdr (sq ft) and any idea of the prices transacting for subsale now?

Quote Originally Posted by $2COE
    Hi, how big is a 2 bdr (sq ft) and any idea of the prices transacting for subsale now?
    2 bedrm 883sqft 680k 2+1 947sqft ard 750k

anyone knows what is the colour of this project? been to the showroom,and seems like offish white but recently by past it and it seems to be biege...

Here's an update - photo taken this morning.
    Doubt TOP can be brought forward earlier than Oct 2009.

thank you, r99c. nice pic. i am really looking forward to staying in carabelle but alas, i am to be posted overseas for a few years........still wondering if i should leave it empty of rent it out. feel a bit sayang to rent it out and risk having it destroyed but tenants from hell if i am unlucky....

Quote Originally Posted by R99C
    Here's an update - photo taken this morning.
    Doubt TOP can be brought forward earlier than Oct 2009.

anyone knows if there will be a shuttle bus service and how much is the maintenance fees going for 2 bdr?

pfwah look at that nice, big big grounds. maybe i should shortlist carabelle too. Sweet!

anyone knows if there will be a shuttle bus service and how much is the maintenance fees going for 2 bdr?
    Yes, we bought a unit when it was launched. The agent said there would be a shuttle bus service to Clementi MRT.

2bdr costs about $600,000 in today's market, a lot more just a year ago. Lucky we bought to stay, not to flip. Heard a friend's net worth went down from 2 million to less than zero now, as a result of him being overextended in the property market. We bought only one unit and we paid cash. We don't even plan to apply for a loan. If all Singaporeans are like us, there would be no bubbles. Bubbles are created by those that borrow money to buy condos to flip. Now they are trapped with no escape hatch.

HI,

any insights about the maintenance for a 2 bdr?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Yes, we bought a unit when it was launched. The agent said there would be a shuttle bus service to Clementi MRT.

2bdr costs about $600,000 in today's market, a lot more just a year ago. Lucky we bought to stay, not to flip. Heard a friend's net worth went down from 2 million to less than zero now, as a result of him being overextended in the property market. We bought only one unit and we paid cash. We don't even plan to apply for a loan. If all Singaporeans are like us, there would be no bubbles. Bubbles are created by those that borrow money to buy condos to flip. Now they are trapped with no escape hatch.
    Jialat are the ones that buy 2 or 3 properties to flip and cannot sell. I remember calling in for a unit at Domain 21 and the owner said she got low, mid, and high floor for sale and that was just at the start of the recession. I was thinking to myself "this lady is in deeeeep shit man..."

Is there anyway we can ask sim lian to paint the condo white, as shown in the catalog? This beige color looks like blech... Look at Vis Holland... white and nice. Would be good if they can paint it white.

I agree I was hoping that it would be white...

Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    Is there anyway we can ask sim lian to paint the condo white, as shown in the catalog? This beige color looks like blech... Look at Vis Holland... white and nice. Would be good if they can paint it white.
    I like it beige. When I first saw the new color, I even asked my wife to go and take a look. I thought it was beautiful. If you guys compare the three condos in the vicinity, carabelle looks the best, followed by the infinit. Botannia looks the worst. Lucky we did not buy botannia. We were in the showflat, and escaped right away after being quoted 700 plus per square foot. On our way home, we stumbled upon Carabelle, and it was selling for less than 600 psf. Now carabelle and botannia are being sold at about the same price, about 700 psf. the real market value for both, in my view, is about 500 psf. that is the price you can sell these condos at in this economy. thus, we have lost money just like botannia owners, but we have lost less than they have.

any owners here have any idea about the shuttle bus service and the maintenance fee?

hey..anyone can give an estimate when the TOP would be?

Yah agree also. I thought it looks white in the brochure.....I think it'll look nicer in white......

just a remark, i think infiniti's colour scheme looks really good....very tastefully done.

Quote Originally Posted by jlbc
    I agree I was hoping that it would be white...

hey..anyone can give an estimate when the TOP would be?
    most recent update from developer is ard june/july 09

Cool! That's very good news indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by code01

how do you get the news from? thru email? I had emailed the developer about the colour of the developement but there is no reply...

Quote Originally Posted by jlbc
    how do you get the news from? thru email? I had emailed the developer about the colour of the developement but there is no reply...
    call them lor email no use at all they never reply. I understand #0x-06 1292sqft just sold at 620psf....

Hey..you know what's the maintenance like for a 2 bedder?

call them lor email no use at all they never reply. I understand #0x-06 1292sqft just sold at 620psf....
    looking for a unit at either carabelle or infiniti...any nice deal?

Not true, they have always replied to our questions on the spot or call us back. The are very friendly people.

They told us that TOP would be some time around July. they also said we have options to install different equipment than they had planned for our units.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Not true, they have always replied to our questions on the spot or call us back. The are very friendly people.

They told us that TOP would be some time around July. they also said we have options to install different equipment than they had planned for our units.
    Hey..what are the options that you are referring to? Able to share some examples?

Quote Originally Posted by schoz
    looking for a unit at either carabelle or infiniti...any nice deal?
    2 bedrm or 3 bedrm? There is one infiniti unit... 3rm 1302sqft at 595psf... aye facing....

2 bedrm or 3 bedrm? There is one infiniti unit... 3rm 1302sqft at 595psf... aye facing....
    Hi Code01

Are you marketing this? Or do you know where I can get the details?
    Thinking of viewing this unit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coburn
    Hi Code01

Are you marketing this? Or do you know where I can get the details?
    Thinking of viewing this unit.

Thanks
    tomorrow papers will have many infintti units for sale. Just call and make arrangements. All can try at this price except the smaller 2 bed room units.