Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Carabelle (D5, Freehold, Sim Lian)

Smile

Hi everyone,

My wife and I just completed the transaction of a sub-sale unit in Carabelle. Bought a penthouse facing the pool at $830psf. Currently living at an EC in the north and looking forward to moving over to the west. Its going to be our dream house. Looking forward to the completion of the property next year, and meeting you all as neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanyuen
    Hi everyone,

My wife and I just completed the transaction of a sub-sale unit in Carabelle. Bought a penthouse facing the pool at $830psf. Currently living at an EC in the north and looking forward to moving over to the west. Its going to be our dream house. Looking forward to the completion of the property next year, and meeting you all as neighbours.
    Are you sure you paid $830 psf? penhouses usually sell for lower prices as they contain a lot of useless space. If it is true, then certainly it is good news for your neighbors.

Hi everyone,

I hope you are only a liar! Why? There is no caveat lodged for Carabelle for anything above $755psf since Nov 2007. And $755 was paid for 883sqft for #04-02 in July 2008.

And if you are not an liar, then you are a poor idiot that paid too much when prices should be alot lower.

So which are you?

i think no caveat will be lodged if u are not taking up bank loan.

Quote Originally Posted by R99C
    i think no caveat will be lodged if u are not taking up bank loan.
    Good one R99C! Your subtlety in calling ryanyuen a poor idiot instead of a liar is perfect

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Real Estate Pundit
    I hope you are only a liar! Why? There is no caveat lodged for Carabelle for anything above $755psf since Nov 2007. And $755 was paid for 883sqft for #04-02 in July 2008.

And if you are not an liar, then you are a poor idiot that paid too much when prices should be alot lower.

So which are you?
    Why are you behaving like an idiot here?

He bought a penthouse here and is looking to link up with future neighbours. Did that offend you?

His paying of $755psf has nothing to do with you and had in no way affected you.

I have the experience of no caveat lodged for buying a property with cash too.

Why call youself a Property Pundit when you are just a useless idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter

He bought a penthouse here and is looking to link up with future neighbours. Did that offend you?

His paying of $755psf has nothing to do with you and had in no way affected you.

is carabelle sub sales below 700psf now?plse advise

when is e expected TOP?

Latest sub sale caveats for Carabelle

Unit____SQFT____PSF,$____Total_______Date
    09-23___1399____726____$1,015,000___06Oct08
    09-18___1130____735____$830,000____02Oct08
    10-17___1238____715____$885,000____29Sep08
    08-02___883_____723____$638,000____22Aug08
    10-04___1292____712____$920,000____12Aug08
    06-10___1302____705____$918,000____22Jul08
    03-28___947_____748____$708,000____22Jul08
    04-02___883_____755____$666,666____09Jul08
    04-18___1130____698____$789,000____04Jun08
    10-21___1389____684____$950,000____04Jun08
    03-21___1389____792____$1,100,000___16Apr08
    12-27___2077____797____$1,655,000___24Mar08
    08-22___947_____785____$744,000____05Feb08
    12-28___1819____840____$1,527,960___21Jan08
    01-17___1496____681____$1,020,000___10Jan08

I can give exact caveat details and thus i can smoke out liars and those who try to talk up or down the market. I can give more facts than most people can chew on.

What can you do?

So which are you?
    I need to make a correction to the above. In Jan 2008, there is a transaction at $840psf for #12-28 that I missed out. Apologies.

I can give exact caveat details and thus i can smoke out liars and those who try to talk up or down the market. I can give more facts than most people can chew on.

What can you do?
    thanks for the caveat details! u rock!

I need to make a correction to the above. In Jan 2008, there is a transaction at $840psf for #12-28 that I missed out. Apologies.
    My point is why "jump" at him when he (1) did not even offend you, and (2) did not talk up or down the market?

If you did not "jump" at him, there is no need to apologise.

By the way, I subscribe to the same set of caveat information that you have.

I wonder who is the idiot here? That person didnt say $755 psf but said he paid $830psf and REP was posting the lodged caveats which doesn't show any $830 psf, nor any transactions near $830 psf, whether caveats lodged or not.

Well, REP was quite subtle in suggesting that ryanyuen was actually posting rubbish because why would anybody pay so much more than the `market' rate unless he is indeed unaware of the market rates or he is either an agent marketing a Penthouse there or an owner trying to sell one. No apologises from me for being direct.

Incidentally there were indeed a few owners trying to sell Penthouses there and the quoted asking price to me were around $800 psf.

So ryanyuen could be trying to give people the impression that there is a `support' level of $830 psf for Penthouse in Carabelle. So when he tries to sell at $800 psf to potential buyers, he will say, look, this is a discount from another unit that were `sold' for $830 psf.

C'mon Reporter, get a grip of yourself. Are you getting nervous that property prics, not only is it not rising, it is in fact declining? Wake from from your dream, sorry, I mean nightmare, its no longer a nightmare, its REAL. If you can hold your properties, just hold on. If not, unless you are willing to sell at close to 2005-early 2006 px, then be prepared to face the consequences like a man. All your bullish talk and `lecture' of REP will not move prices up an inch.

Carabelle is one project which I believe has a lot of speculators as it was sold out in relatively quick time. Besides, there is also huge supply there with 4 condos near to each other. And when the Parc TOP, which is another highly speculated project, I'm certain prices in this part of west coast is bound to drop.

Incidentally I viewed a unit at The Stellar over the weekend. Units there are asking $800 psf too, just for info if anybody is interested.

PS: I actually can appreciate why REP gave himself such a nick

Default Price difference

It is actually amazing to see the price difference in the same neighbourhood. From $600psf for Infinity to $650psf at Varsity Park to $800 for The Stellar to $1000psf for Balmeg.

hi all, FYI a pool view 1259sqft unit stack 16 just done at 680psf There was indeed a penthse stack 17 sold at 830psf in sept

hi all, FYI a pool view 1259sqft unit #0x-16 just done at 680psf couple of days back
    There was indeed a penthse stack 17 sold at 830psf in sept

Infiniti 3+1 1346sqft #1x-16 just sold at ard 600psf(sold by others)

Smile

Thanks Code01.

Its really interesting how an innocent posting like mine drew so much flak. I paid the price of the unit I paid because we both loved the property and for other reasions like it being near to our aging parents' house, etc etc. So what if I paid more than the current market price - i bought the unit to stay for the long term and not to invest or speculate. It was never my intention to lie and I never did, so I can only read on with amusement and decided only to reply when I saw the posting by Code01.

Perhaps I thought wrongly about this forum and it isnt exactly what it should be - a place for residents of properties to share info and get to know one another. I'll no longer post another thread here, and leave the so-called experts to carry on their wise counsel.

Best regards to all resident of Carabelle, and hope to see you all soon next year when the property TOPs.

Hi ryanyuen bobian you too rich liao never lodge caveat thats why they dun believe haha. anyway cheers to ur new home.

Thanks Code01.

Its really interesting how an innocent posting like mine drew so much flak. I paid the price of the unit I paid because we both loved the property and for other reasions like it being near to our aging parents' house, etc etc. So what if I paid more than the current market price - i bought the unit to stay for the long term and not to invest or speculate. It was never my intention to lie and I never did, so I can only read on with amusement and decided only to reply when I saw the posting by Code01.

Perhaps I thought wrongly about this forum and it isnt exactly what it should be - a place for residents of properties to share info and get to know one another. I'll no longer post another thread here, and leave the so-called experts to carry on their wise counsel.

Best regards to all resident of Carabelle, and hope to see you all soon next year when the property TOPs.
    Yes, we welcome you to our new home in the future. it is nice to have someone who have class and social grace. Let the naysayers say whatever pleases them. Carabelle is a nice place to live and raise a family, especially if you have a lot of space as would be the case if you live in a penhouse.

Have you noticed that Carabelle is now selling at the same prices as Botannia, while at the launch time Carabelle was selling more than 100 psf less than Botannia.

Hi ryanyuen,

My Gf and I are a young couple who bought a unit in Carabelle as our 1st home during the peak of the market when all our relatives discouraged. And the elders were right indeed, that prices dropped later on.

Even then, we are not bothered by it as we also got the unit for our own stay and we are really looking forward to moving in to this lovely place.

Can see that the project is making good progress. Most of the window frames are mounted and the basement carpark is now fully covered up.
    Window panes for some units are already fitted on.

Lets hope that TOP can be on time or earlier and we can all move into our dream homes very soon.

I believe most of our neigbours are nice and friendly, family people. Don't be turned away by negative posts and rude comments made by speculators. I am sure useful info can still be shared among owners through this forum.

cheers

Thanks Code01.

Quote Originally Posted by Farnie
    I wonder who is the idiot here? That person didnt say $755 psf but said he paid $830psf and REP was posting the lodged caveats which doesn't show any $830 psf, nor any transactions near $830 psf, whether caveats lodged or not.

Well, REP was quite subtle in suggesting that ryanyuen was actually posting rubbish because why would anybody pay so much more than the `market' rate unless he is indeed unaware of the market rates or he is either an agent marketing a Penthouse there or an owner trying to sell one. No apologises from me for being direct.

Incidentally there were indeed a few owners trying to sell Penthouses there and the quoted asking price to me were around $800 psf.

So ryanyuen could be trying to give people the impression that there is a `support' level of $830 psf for Penthouse in Carabelle. So when he tries to sell at $800 psf to potential buyers, he will say, look, this is a discount from another unit that were `sold' for $830 psf.

C'mon Reporter, get a grip of yourself. Are you getting nervous that property prics, not only is it not rising, it is in fact declining? Wake from from your dream, sorry, I mean nightmare, its no longer a nightmare, its REAL. If you can hold your properties, just hold on. If not, unless you are willing to sell at close to 2005-early 2006 px, then be prepared to face the consequences like a man. All your bullish talk and `lecture' of REP will not move prices up an inch.

Carabelle is one project which I believe has a lot of speculators as it was sold out in relatively quick time. Besides, there is also huge supply there with 4 condos near to each other. And when the Parc TOP, which is another highly speculated project, I'm certain prices in this part of west coast is bound to drop.

Incidentally I viewed a unit at The Stellar over the weekend. Units there are asking $800 psf too, just for info if anybody is interested.

Farnie, don't making a fool of yourself here.
    Stop your assumption and factless statements everywhere.
    Reporter is tell Property Estate Pundit off for reacting too fast.
    I don't see him/her reacting to anything related to market or price movement.
    Anyway, Property Estate Pundit has already apologised for reacting too fast.

Thanks Code01.

We can see you like to assume this, assume that, ...
    Don't assume, talk fact please!

I tell him off for jumping too fast and then later had to apologise. Otherwise, the 2 of them can say anything they like.

I am not holding anything and am looking to buy some. Told you I sold them in mid 2007 in another thread. Have you forgotten?

By the way, thanks for making Citi drop so that I can buy at $3.50. You are just great! You are one of the few person who claimed to be able to make Singapore property price drop more than it should. Please make it drop, drop, so that I can buy more.

Thanks so much. I am beginning to like you!

Quote Originally Posted by Teana
    Farnie, don't making a fool of yourself here.
    Stop your assumption and factless statements everywhere.
    Reporter is tell Property Estate Pundit off for reacting too fast.
    I don't see him/her reacting to anything related to market or price movement.
    Anyway, Property Estate Pundit has already apologised for reacting too fast.
    I thot you're not replying to my posts? Also pressure building up, can't face reality? I'm not sure if who is the bigger fool. The one who jumps in afer only reading just 1 post or one who speaks the truth

REP apologies was for missing the $840 psf transaction in Jan 2008, not in relation to ryanyuen's claimed transaction.

Whatever its real or not, only ryanyuen and code01 knows since they claims to be aware of such a transaction. Since the caveat is not lodged, I maintain the price is too high.

Of coz ryanyuen can choose to spend his monies in whichever way he chooses (being near aging parents is a very valid reason) but letz just say there will not be many people out there who would be willing to pay these sort of money for D5 properties.

There are tons of excellent properties out there going for fire-sale prices now, compared to just weeks or months ago. A friend of mine is looking at a unit at Robertson 100 3-bedder. Asking $1k psf and its negotiable

I thot you're not replying to my posts? Also pressure building up, can't face reality? I'm not sure if who is the bigger fool. The one who jumps in afer only reading just 1 post or one who speaks the truth

REP apologies was for missing the $840 psf transaction in Jan 2008, not in relation to ryanyuen's claimed transaction.

Whatever its real or not, only ryanyuen and code01 knows since they claims to be aware of such a transaction. Since the caveat is not lodged, I maintain the price is too high.

Of coz ryanyuen can choose to spend his monies in whichever way he chooses (being near aging parents is a very valid reason) but letz just say there will not be many people out there who would be willing to pay these sort of money for D5 properties.

There are tons of excellent properties out there going for fire-sale prices now, compared to just weeks or months ago. A friend of mine is looking at a unit at Robertson 100 3-bedder. Asking $1k psf and its negotiable
    Ah! You are here.
    Hey, thanks!

You are a good tool for making wealth.
    What should I buy next?

We can see you like to assume this, assume that, ...
    Don't assume, talk fact please!

I tell him off for jumping too fast and then later had to apologise. Otherwise, the 2 of them can say anything they like.

I am not holding anything and am looking to buy some. Told you I sold them in mid 2007 in another thread. Have you forgotten?

By the way, thanks for making Citi drop so that I can buy at $3.50. You are just great! You are one of the few person who claimed to be able to make Singapore property price drop more than it should. Please make it drop, drop, so that I can buy more.

Thanks so much. I am beginning to like you!
    Not bad, you managed to picked up Citi at $3.50. But I hate to tell you this (although I would love to show you proof), I got mine even lower than $3.50.....so in a way i did `help' you get Citi shares, but probably due to my demand at $3.10, drove the price up to $3.50. No, I'm not here to boost, but I just want to show that while some of you guys here are busy trying to talk up the market, there are plenty of other opportunities out there to be made and still have quality time with your loved ones holidaying.

So did you pick up General Growth on Thursday?

I think i know which Robertson 100 unit u talking abt. #0x-19 right?! The layout is good. Good price right

For people looking for properties if
    sibor rate go below 0.6% for 3 mths or more, bank maybe charging very close to 1% is a very good time to buy any properties. I experience buying one in asian & SAR crisis at 2004. Bank interest 1.25% selling FH units at D5 cause only 420psf. les s than 8 yrs old project.

So wait 2nd half 2009 for it we are very close to bottom or bottom bottom

Default Reading Caveats Lodged

Dear all,

I am hoping to ask for some guidance from the property enthusiasts and professional this esteemed industry on the nature and nomenclature used in connection with the
    (i) caveats lodged with URA, and
    (ii) caveats lodged as published by Business Times.

Many a times, I observed there is a specific reference to "Contract Date" in which the specific caveat is lodged in both the URA site and Business Times publication. I will be grateful if appropriate advice could be provided or elaborated on the nature and definition of the "Contract Date" referenced as follows - Is the Contract Date defined therein the

1. Date on which the Option to Purchase was signed (and dated), or
    2. Date on which the purchase agreement was signed, or
    3. Date on which the legal counsel completes all necessary due diligence as necessary to satisfy to him/herself on the necessary legal works, or
    4. None of the above, in which case, grateful if you can elaborate more.

Perhaps I share a little more on my query. Of late, I noticed there a number of caveats lodged for certain properties, in what appears to my personal opinion unusually low prices, with very recent Contract Dates. This interest me but I do appreciate the reliability of these information would only be as good as the source or accuracy/correctness in the interpretation
    on the same. I have attached a recent extract of the Business Times caveats lodged listing from a recent publication (See attached). For easy reference, some caveats' pricing as follows:-

The Sail = 802psf
    Icon = 702psf
    Parc Infinia Wee Nam = sub 1000psf now.
    Belvedere = 1000psf

Costa Del Sol = 769psf

Look forward to hearing from the community. Thanks.

PS: I recognised this may not be the most appropriate thread to post this specific enquiry. I apologise if this query appears to be rather out of place or if I had caused or shall have caused any discomfort to any forummers herein.

Attached Files Attached Files

Passed by Carabelle and drove around the neighborhood for a while just to take a look. Several things I like to share:

(1) Carabelle is coming up fast. Several blocks are near completion. TOP in June 2009 is real possibility, although I must caution you that is just a guess.

(2) the blocks are painted pastel orange or beige, while the show flat model was painted blue. But I like pastel beige. It is really gorgeous. It matches the colors of the infiniti. perhaps the developers coordinated their decision making, so that the two condos are color coordinated. Botannia is still blue, and thus is sticking up like a sore thump.

(3) The front balcony has a glass or plastic panel wrap around, but the back balcony has the usual stainless steel railings. Both look real nice.

(4) The bay windows are built with high end materials. look drop dead gorgeous.

(5) From a distance, Carabelle looks much better than varsity park and the stellar, varsity park in particular, which looks to be entirely build with cheap materials.

(6) the infiniti, botannia and carabelle are in close proximity. the launch price was the highest for botannia, more than 700 psf, followed by the infiniti, at about 650psf. Carabelle was sold at the lowest price of all, around 600 psf. But it turns out this project looks the nicest in appearance. It is really ironic. congrats on all those carabelle owners. You made the right bet. Go take a look and you will agree with me.

(7) Botannia was sold with the great hype. But it turns out this project looks the uglinest. While looks are not the only parameters, the owners of botannia are probably going to be disappointed.