Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631 ... LastLast

Thread: Carabelle (D5, Freehold, Sim Lian)

having stayed in apartments with east and west sun before I feel west sun harder to tolerate. I had this HDB in which most the bedrooms get hit by west sun. When i return from work I can feel the wall radiating heat even in the night. It's like a sauna.

Logically speaking, the apartment and surrounding are cooled down overnight, the impact of the 4+ hours (7+ till noon, and assuming your are not staying on the top floor or PH) of morning sun may not be as bad. From noon, esp during the hot months when the temperature is higher, additional west sun hitting an apartment can cause it to warm up quite considerably.....

From the photos I have taken at about 1645hrs the left wall of stack 24 gets fully hit by the setting sun....i hope to check when I am free what time the shielding effect from Botannia will kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    If you don't get the sun in the afternoon, you get it in the morning. It is really annoying to wake up in the morning and have to sit down to read newspapers and eat breakfast in heat and with the fun in your eyes.

I actually prefer the sun in the afternoon. why? Because the hot "period" is one during which you are at work or school.

One more thing, some of the blocks that are supposed to have the afternoon sun are shielded by botannia, to a certain extent.

Default estimated TOP

spoke with the folks from sim lian today. estimated top for carabelle is aug/sept 2009.

time to pay up again soon :P

dimspice,

are you an owner of carabelle unit? Thought you were looking around too...so fast get an unit already?

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    dimspice,

are you an owner of carabelle unit? Thought you were looking around too...so fast get an unit already?
    "time to pay up again soon" was supposed to be a question LOL....that said, yes waiting for TOP .

may i know how many bedder you bought and at how much psf?

Hi,
    I have been eyeing 2bdrm(883sqft) in carabelle for a long time, hoping for prices to drop before buying. Now it seems prices have shot up very high, especially now closer to TOP. A month ago it was 620k, now sellers asking 690k. Do u think there are any buyers at this price? Will prices drop after TOP when they cannot find any buyers? Do i buy now or wait for a better deal later?

Quote Originally Posted by steppy
    spoke with the folks from sim lian today. estimated top for carabelle is aug/sept 2009.
    drove pass today, the water feature already turned on....

haha...indeed the water feature was turned on....but somehow it looked smaller/narrower than what was depicted in the brochure....

was there at abt 1630hrs....super hot day....but it was very breezy at the main entrance. Tested my luck by walking into the main entrance and taking some pics. Was finally stopped by a foreman....I asked to be allowed to take some pictures of the main pool but was rejected. he then said the condo should TOP in 2 weeks....dunno how credible he is....

anyways, these are the best pics I can do....dun be too disappointed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by polkadots
    haha...indeed the water feature was turned on....but somehow it looked smaller/narrower than what was depicted in the brochure....

was there at abt 1630hrs....super hot day....but it was very breezy at the main entrance. Tested my luck by walking into the main entrance and taking some pics. Was finally stopped by a foreman....I asked to be allowed to take some pictures of the main pool but was rejected. he then said the condo should TOP in 2 weeks....dunno how credible he is....

anyways, these are the best pics I can do....dun be too disappointed!
    Actually i was informed that TOP at end June, that is why go to see how much is completed....seems could be true...

Quote Originally Posted by KHR
    Hi,
    I have been eyeing 2bdrm(883sqft) in carabelle for a long time, hoping for prices to drop before buying. Now it seems prices have shot up very high, especially now closer to TOP. A month ago it was 620k, now sellers asking 690k. Do u think there are any buyers at this price? Will prices drop after TOP when they cannot find any buyers? Do i buy now or wait for a better deal later?
    Hi,

depends on you want to stretch your budget and bear the loan for this unit? And do you desperately want it so much to pay at this price? As long as you are willing to pay then there will be such buyer right?

For me, I will look around to find something need my budget as the price that the sellers are asking now is really very ridiculous. For the amount I can go stay East Coast which is a better district.

stalin mentioned the TOP is Aug/Sep so for more accurate date we can ask the owners whether they have received letter informing them abt TOP and key collection....

stalin mentioned the TOP is Aug/Sep so for more accurate date we can ask the owners whether they have received letter informing them abt TOP and key collection....
    Not yet. but cannot rule out end of june as the date of TOP. the project is essentially completed.

Someone asked whether they should buy now or wait until TOP. I still think the current prices are, as Novel pointed out, ridiculous. When the current bear market rally is over, prices may resume declining. But it is hard to tell whether the current stock market rally is indeed a bear market rally.

Another factor that works toward higher prices is that P1 registration is just around the corner. A lot of parents may buy in this area because of that given the proximity to Nanhua. We will not sell for the same reason.

We even checked out QiFa primary nearby. It is a new school with new buildings and everything. So, if we don't get into Nanhua, we will settle for Qifa. I don't think that our sons will receive lousy education at Qifa. the idea every kid, bright or stupid, should go to star schools does not make sense. It is kids that make schools great or lousy, not the other way around. if the school is really that bad, MOE would have taken actions.

we went down last saturday night and this indian worker guarding the condo said that top this monday 15 june. I dont know whether true or not but at least we know soon!

eh....i called up this morning to ask for my floorplan with dimensions so we can start our furniture shopping/planning....there was no mention of TOP date over the phone.

Communication from developer for TOP around Aug..anyone with insider info?

eh....i called up this morning to ask for my floorplan with dimensions so we can start our furniture shopping/planning....there was no mention of TOP date over the phone.
    Are you able to get the floorplan with the dimension?

Quote Originally Posted by maria
    we went down last saturday night and this indian worker guarding the condo said that top this monday 15 june. I dont know whether true or not but at least we know soon!
    So are you the one with the black MPV that park besides the main entrance and walk in, daddy, mummy and little girl in tow?

They asked me to email them with the development, unit number and identify ourselves .....did so in the morning....no reply yet.....still waiting...but I dun see why they wun release the info if we are the rightful owners of the unit.......I doubt we are the first to ask for it......

Quote Originally Posted by jlbc
    Are you able to get the floorplan with the dimension?

They asked me to email them with the development, unit number and identify ourselves .....did so in the morning....no reply yet.....still waiting...but I dun see why they wun release the info if we are the rightful owners of the unit.......I doubt we are the first to ask for it......
    Does emailing them works? had done that a couple of times and had gotten no reply whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by jlbc
    Does emailing them works? had done that a couple of times and had gotten no reply whatsoever
    I heard from Janice Lim, the lawyer that you made the progressive payments to, that TOP is the first week of July. I hope that put to rest rumors about when TOP will be issued.

If anyone knows, the lawyer would know.

It is time to look for a contractor and visit furniture showrooms.

I heard from Janice Lim, the lawyer that you made the progressive payments to, that TOP is the first week of July. I hope that put to rest rumors about when TOP will be issued.

If anyone knows, the lawyer would know.

It is time to look for a contractor and visit furniture showrooms.
    You can call BCA to check also

http://www.bca.gov.sg/

stalingrad,
    its true...because one of the seller received the TOP letter already...well hope he can sell to me at my requested price.

is the seller for real?? i just called up Sim Lian again for my floorplan and asked if it is true that some units have already TOP. The Sim Lian lady said cannot be.

btw, she will email me my floorplan tomorrow.

stalingrad,
    its true...because one of the seller received the TOP letter already...well hope he can sell to me at my requested price.

We got our floorplan from simlian a year ago on our email request . scale 1cm equal to 1m. You can try to email them to get the floorplan.

stalingrad,
    hmm...thats what the agent told me wor....he said the seller received the TOP letter already, and if I get the unit can shift in by July.

And today when I drop by there the construction manager/supervisor told me the work is completed and TOP is end of this month. And I see Singtel going over to fix network.

What I know is that they will ask for the progressive payment 25%(i think is this percentage) + maintenance fees for some months + survey fees and once all cheques cleared we can then collect keys.

hmm...thats what the agent told me wor....he said the seller received the TOP letter already, and if I get the unit can shift in by July.

And today when I drop by there the construction manager/supervisor told me the work is completed and TOP is end of this month. And I see Singtel going over to fix network.
    so you caved in and paid the "ridiculous" price for carabelle? Just kidding, sincerely hope that our boys can go to NHPS hand in hand.

you are one early bird. yah they should email me by tomorrow, i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by maria
    We got our floorplan from simlian a year ago on our email request . scale 1cm equal to 1m. You can try to email them to get the floorplan.

so you caved in and paid the "ridiculous" price for carabelle? Just kidding, sincerely hope that our boys can go to NHPS hand in hand.
    Hi,
    May I ask how you intend to let yr boys to NH? By school bus or walk?