Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415202530 ... LastLast

Thread: Carabelle (D5, Freehold, Sim Lian)

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    You are quite right. But your phasing seem putting the liability on the seller where else it the buyer that need to try changing bank or other means to fulfill his OTP/S&P obligation before deposit got forfeited by seller.
    haha, it is quite amusing. novel always try to make the situation easier for herself. I think she is definitely going to live to be 100. if everyone were like her, there would be no heart diseases.

Absolutely right. With stamp, duty + interest cost (aka DPS 2-3% extra) it come up to almost nothing if not a deflict, but your honesty are worthy.

Again, being a dweller, you only look forward to TOP. For investor/flipper, they dread the letter from developer in current climax.

After all, it a good buy for you. Carabelle is anytime a role model of how condominium should be build.
    no DPS. We had progressive payment plan. In fact, we would've preferred to pay the whole thing off in one go. we had too much cash at that time. We bought carabelle because my wife kept nagging me about being "cash rich and asset poor."

yes, I really look forward to TOP, so I no longer have to hear my wife nag about our cash in the bank earning less than 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    no DPS. We had progressive payment plan. In fact, we would've preferred to pay the whole thing off in one go. we had too much cash at that time. We bought carabelle because my wife kept nagging me about being "cash rich and asset poor."

yes, I really look forward to TOP, so I no longer have to hear my wife nag about our cash in the bank earning less than 1%.
    Give this man a beer! Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Give this man a beer! Cool
    Make it a Tiger...

I hope it TOP's soon... been waiting for ages.

haha, it is quite amusing. novel always try to make the situation easier for herself. I think she is definitely going to live to be 100. if everyone were like her, there would be no heart diseases.
    haha...

but isn't it true...the buyer will not be so much affected as long as he is clearly aware of the financial status he is in unless he is a goner lah.

If anybody can sell me at your price I can pay cash too. Seller contact me ya.

So 2% less of DPS list price and current PPS on 65% schedule.. hmm, discount + saving on loan interest cost - opportunity cost - bank saving interest = you smart ass.

it feels funny to talk about carabelle at the botannia forum. Let's talk about carabelle in our sphere.

What I know from talking to Mabel Tan at Sim Lian is that TOP is likely to be issued in August this year. Time to visit furniture showroom. I like the french theme, but don't think it is suitable for carabelle, which is more of a mass condo. so, I am going to adopt a contemporary or retro southeast asian theme. a lot of indonesian carvings and sculptures.

it feels funny to talk about carabelle at the botannia forum. Let's talk about carabelle in our sphere.

What I know from talking to Mabel Tan at Sim Lian is that TOP is likely to be issued in August this year. Time to visit furniture showroom. I like the french theme, but don't think it is suitable for carabelle, which is more of a mass condo. so, I am going to adopt a contemporary or retro southeast asian theme. a lot of indonesian carvings and sculptures.
    same sentiment too... so i am here now

saw from the link below : Spa bath under sanitary fittings refer to jacuzzi huh?
    http://www.orangetee.com/Visitor_Lou...ifications.asp

Have fun furniture hunting .. i am still far from this stage...

Quote Originally Posted by jozz91

saw from the link below : Spa bath under sanitary fittings refer to jacuzzi huh?

yes, spa bath is the jacuzzi. We saw how it works in the showflat. You turn in on, and you get water churned up pretty good.

The agent also said that carabelle features higher ceilings at 3.1 meters vs. 2.8 meters at other condos. I hope it is true when we collect the keys.

yes, spa bath is the jacuzzi. We saw how it works in the showflat. You turn in on, and you get water churned up pretty good.

The agent also said that carabelle features higher ceilings at 3.1 meters vs. 2.8 meters at other condos. I hope it is true when we collect the keys.
    woo.. thanks for sharing...

have you seen the actual blocks?
    sorry, i feel that the colors of the buildings are not very appealing, not as nice as the artist's impression

Quote Originally Posted by jozz91

The supplier for this fitting is an associate of mine.
    If I wasn't wrong (buy insurance), spa bath is technically not Jacuzzi. The earlier just use the water pressure where else the later need electric, have motor/control and cost more.

I think the supplier also cater the either metropolixxx or equatorixxx, can't recall which one but it coolz. Seldom condo supply this nowsaday and anytime better than a plain bath tub.

For the colour, it won't be there forever. BCA require building to repaint not less than 6 or 7 years gap. Vote your prefer colour with MCST if you still stay there.

my 2 cents.

Mabel Tan is a very pretty girl

Quote Originally Posted by boeing777
    Don't know she is pretty or not. but she sounds nice and willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by boeing777
    ya.. pretty girl always sound nice and helpful. even fart smell good.
    hahhahahah... kidding, pls dont take it seriously.

Default Pics Update on Carabelle

Pics of Carabelle as @ May 2009
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dimspice
    Pics of Carabelle as @ May 2009
    look like color of infiniti is nicer, but still prefer Carabelle, too bad, it's still expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    look like color of infiniti is nicer, but still prefer Carabelle, too bad, it's still expensive.
    yeah color for infiniti is more vibrant and botania's looks more classy. the greenery at botania is really nice too. carabelle should have more greens as it looks quite bare.

The supplier for this fitting is an associate of mine.
    If I wasn't wrong (buy insurance), spa bath is technically not Jacuzzi. The earlier just use the water pressure where else the later need electric, have motor/control and cost more.

I think the supplier also cater the either metropolixxx or equatorixxx, can't recall which one but it coolz. Seldom condo supply this nowsaday and anytime better than a plain bath tub.

For the colour, it won't be there forever. BCA require building to repaint not less than 6 or 7 years gap. Vote your prefer colour with MCST if you still stay there.

my 2 cents.
    Thanks for the clarification, Apple.
    Really hope something can be done to the color.

Nice pics, dimspice

Lately, because of the hot weather, I was a little worried and started monitoring and taking some photos of the west sun direction for the blocks facing the landed house between noon to 6pm.

stacks 10, 14,18, 22 have zero west sun (totally blocked), stacks 11, 15, 19,23 will be hit, stacks 12, 16,20,24 should be hit too. stacks 13, 17,21,25 should be fine.

In short, stacks on the right hand side of the block should be quite safe from west sun.

Let me know if you wanna see the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    For carabelle, those unit facing landed houses got west sun? any one know about this.?

Quote Originally Posted by polkadots
    Lately, because of the hot weather, I was a little worried and started monitoring and taking some photos of the west sun direction for the blocks facing the landed house between noon to 6pm.

stacks 10, 14,18, 22 have zero west sun (totally blocked), stacks 11, 15, 19,23 will be hit, stacks 12, 16,20,24 should be hit too. stacks 13, 17,21,25 should be fine.

In short, stacks on the right hand side of the block should be quite safe from west sun.

Let me know if you wanna see the photos.
    Hi Polkadots,

Can post all the the pic here?

Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Juz4max
    Hi Polkadots,

Can post all the the pic here?

Thanx.
    here goes:

these are pics of stack 18 (sheltered) on the left and stack 23 (hit) on the right at 1329hrs, 1415hrs, 1522hrs and 1645hrs. looks like stack 18 is almost completely sheltered....at this time of the year, the whole afternoon. from the pics we can deduce that stacks 10, 14 and 22 should also be well covered......
    Last edited by polkadots; 29-05-09 at 13:19.

here goes:

these are pics of stack 18 (sheltered) on the left and stack 23 (hit) on the right at 1329hrs, 1415hrs, 1522hrs and 1645hrs. looks like stack 18 is almost completely sheltered....at this time of the year, the whole afternoon. from the pics we can deduce that stacks 10, 14 and 22 should also be well covered......
    Hi Polkadots,

Thanx for sharing.....

here goes:

Hi polkadots

my current home is west facing, I had noticed that the sun sets at slightly dfferent location at different time of the year. Maybe this time of the year 18 is sheltered but there is a possibility that it still could catch some noon sun as it is slightly west facing...

yes, definitely! I am trying to determine how the setting directions will change throughout the year. Anyone know how to?

My sis used to have a unit a Montery Park that is slightly more west facing (can see Pandan Reservior). She mentioned she got west sun at an angle of about 45 degrees into her apartment at certain time of the year and very little sun at other time of the year. The facing of stacks 10,14,18,22 is more east facing then her unit (verified from google earth). So, if the worst west sun period for her is now then these lucky stack may be quite cool throughout the year, except, maybe for the Penthouse. In any case, I will expect the impact of west sun on these stacks to be small.

Quote Originally Posted by jlbc
    Hi polkadots

my current home is west facing, I had noticed that the sun sets at slightly dfferent location at different time of the year. Maybe this time of the year 18 is sheltered but there is a possibility that it still could catch some noon sun as it is slightly west facing...
    Last edited by polkadots; 30-05-09 at 09:01.

Ah hah! This is what I am looking for, Azimuth! Let me find some time to dig out my set squares and do some analysis.

On preliminary inspections and assuming the north on the Carabelle brochure I have is true north, these stacks may get slight west sun at 20+ degrees at certain time of the year. But for the hottest months of the year, april to july, these may get little or no west sun! I also note that the design of the balcony wall may help block some light.

Hi polkadots

..interesting find...looking at it, the sunset is at -247 degree in Dec... but by then the weather should be cooler...

Ah hah! This is what I am looking for, Azimuth! Let me find some time to dig out my set squares and do some analysis.

On preliminary inspections and assuming the north on the Carabelle brochure I have is true north, these stacks may get slight west sun at 20+ degrees at certain time of the year. But for the hottest months of the year, april to july, these may get little or no west sun! I also note that the design of the balcony wall may help block some light.

Somehow I cannot find any set squares or compass or protractor.

If google map always points north at the top we can get a rough or maybe even good estimate of the facing of the units in Carabelle from this picture. Then using the azimuth ,we can get an idea of the east/west sun's angle delta throughout the year. Can someone with a protractor tell me the facing of stack 10?

..interesting find...looking at it, the sunset is at -247 degree in Dec... but by then the weather should be cooler...

Hi, does anyone have any idea when is TOP?

The below is just my personal shallow analysis. it is based on logics as I understand and I am not responsible for any deviations/mistakes. It may be utter rubbish for all I know.

Nobody seems to use a protractor anymore. So I printed out the map with drawn out angles, with a ruler, measured the sides the best I can and applied simple trigo and arrived at a facing of 203 degree for the SW, landed properties facing units in Carabelle.

Left hand-side unblocked stacks eg. stacks 11,15,19,23:

when the azimuth is 247 degree the stacks on the left may get west sun-light at about 40+ degree into the rooms. The left most room will get full west sun whether you like it or not, throughout the year. But fortunately, dec weather should be cooler. In hotter months of the year (apr to july) the azimuth angle is more favourable but as seen in the photos I have taken, the west sun on the left side room can be pretty warm.

Right hand-side stacks eg. 10,14,18,22:

These units are lucky as they are sheltered by the left hand side stacks so there is no exposed walls in the afternoon/sunset, except maybe for the PH. Cooler units can be expected here. I also note that the extended balcony wall may be added shelter for the rooms.

Somehow I cannot find any set squares or compass or protractor.

If google map always points north at the top we can get a rough or maybe even good estimate of the facing of the units in Carabelle from this picture. Then using the azimuth ,we can get an idea of the east/west sun's angle delta throughout the year. Can someone with a protractor tell me the facing of stack 10?

The below is just my personal shallow analysis. it is based on logics as I understand and I am not responsible for any deviations/mistakes. It may be utter rubbish for all I know.

Nobody seems to use a protractor anymore. So I printed out the map with drawn out angles, with a ruler, measured the sides the best I can and applied simple trigo and arrived at a facing of 203 degree for the SW, landed properties facing units in Carabelle.

Left hand-side unblocked stacks eg. stacks 11,15,19,23:

when the azimuth is 247 degree the stacks on the left may get west sun-light at about 40+ degree into the rooms. The left most room will get full west sun whether you like it or not, throughout the year. But fortunately, dec weather should be cooler. In hotter months of the year (apr to july) the azimuth angle is more favourable but as seen in the photos I have taken, the west sun on the left side room can be pretty warm.

Right hand-side stacks eg. 10,14,18,22:

These units are lucky as they are sheltered by the left hand side stacks so there is no exposed walls in the afternoon/sunset, except maybe for the PH. Cooler units can be expected here. I also note that the extended balcony wall may be added shelter for the rooms.
    If you don't get the sun in the afternoon, you get it in the morning. It is really annoying to wake up in the morning and have to sit down to read newspapers and eat breakfast in heat and with the fun in your eyes.

I actually prefer the sun in the afternoon. why? Because the hot "period" is one during which you are at work or school.

One more thing, some of the blocks that are supposed to have the afternoon sun are shielded by botannia, to a certain extent.