Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflections at Keppel Bay (D4, 99 Years, Keppel Land)

Teacher Guest

Default Re: Reflections at Keppel Bay (D4, 99 Years, Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by botak james
    apparently 100% of seaview@meyer are deferred payment buyers . If i am one of them i would piss my pants now , come TOP , we shall see who can dump cheaper .

Botak, you have no money to pay up or to invest and you still dare to pose in this forum about property investment. Get lost. Don't block our opportunity to made a return from the market.

Supporter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher
    Botak, you have no money to pay up or to invest and you still dare to pose in this forum about property investment. Get lost. Don't block our opportunity to made a return from the market.
    Ignore Botak lah. He is a loser.
    Let's watch how Reflection's prices go up.

UBS Investment Research Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Dr Chua warns though that buyers may be biting off more than they can chew, especially if the market tanks or the economy falters. The prevalence of deferred payment schemes suggests a mortgage surge will come eventually, he said. 'The day of reckoning will likely occur in 2009 when completions are expected to soar to 18,447 - more than double the typical annual supply.'

We are projecting an overall price rise of 20% this year.

We think it is unlikely that residential prices in Singapore will decrease as seen in the US market. This is mainly because we believe Singapore residential prices are still in a catch-up stage, compared to GDP.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UBS Investment Research
    We are projecting an overall price rise of 20% this year.

We think it is unlikely that residential prices in Singapore will decrease as seen in the US market. This is mainly because we believe Singapore residential prices are still in a catch-up stage, compared to GDP.
    I was told by an industry insider (no he wasn't trying to sell me any condo) that in the next few years, properties especially in District 1 (Marina Bay, Shenton Way) and District 9 (Orchard, Cairnhill, River Valley, Singapore River) will continue to boom because these 2 districts are where the foreigners and global funds are always looking at.

At this level, foreign players are only looking for the best because they have no time to scratch the surface and look for other districts or even properties in D10/D11/D15 that are further from town (ie:- Bukit Timah, Meyer Road). Don't forget Singapore is not the only country they invest in.

Bukit Timah and East Coast/Meyer Road will still have buyer interest, but mainly from Singaporeans and certain resident expats, but to a lesser extent foreigners (who don't live here). Districts 1 and 9 are still the high profile hotspots that the rest of the world looks at when they look at buying Singapore property.

Wallace Chu, DBS Vickers Guest

As Singapore has entered a new phase of development, higher property prices are inevitable.

People need to take a view that historical Singapore is no longer the same as the future Singapore. The economic drivers have changed. So you have to have a new mindset and accept the new price levels.

chua mui hoong Guest

hahahahaa wallace you joker!

joe Guest

You all very funny huh. Careful don't get sued for impersonation.

see u in hell Guest

Talking Re: Reflections at Keppel Bay (D4, 99 Years, Keppel Land)

Dr Chua warns though that buyers may be biting off more than they can chew, especially if the market tanks or the economy falters. The prevalence of deferred payment schemes suggests a mortgage surge will come eventually, he said. 'The day of reckoning will likely occur in 2009 when completions are expected to soar to 18,447 - more than double the typical annual supply.'
    I see your reflections will be worth how much come 2009 , FOols rush in whe n they don't think , property agents hype everything for the 1% , developers give deferred payments for suckers to come in , when 2009 kicks in , u guys better hope USA is in booming economy state.

dist 9 Guest

Thumbs down Re: Reflections at Keppel Bay (D4, 99 Years, Keppel Land)

I was told by an industry insider (no he wasn't trying to sell me any condo) that in the next few years, properties especially in District 1 (Marina Bay, Shenton Way) and District 9 (Orchard, Cairnhill, River Valley, Singapore River) will continue to boom because these 2 districts are where the foreigners and global funds are always looking at.

At this level, foreign players are only looking for the best because they have no time to scratch the surface and look for other districts or even properties in D10/D11/D15 that are further from town (ie:- Bukit Timah, Meyer Road). Don't forget Singapore is not the only country they invest in.

Bukit Timah and East Coast/Meyer Road will still have buyer interest, but mainly from Singaporeans and certain resident expats, but to a lesser extent foreigners (who don't live here). Districts 1 and 9 are still the high profile hotspots that the rest of the world looks at when they look at buying Singapore property.
    district 9 will always be where the money is , during sars , dist 9 residents held on the prices , elswhere goes down , after 2009 dist 9 will still hold , but i will feel sorry for the rest of u guys .

Cool Re: Reflections at Keppel Bay (D4, 99 Years, Keppel Land)

To be fare, Reflec has a good view and location, but the price tag is too much for dist4. We shall see where the direction will go for them. Actually i prefer sentosa cove.

Observer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dist 9
    district 9 will always be where the money is , during sars , dist 9 residents held on the prices , elswhere goes down , after 2009 dist 9 will still hold , but i will feel sorry for the rest of u guys .

No need to argue lah.
    Just turn District 4 into another District 9 lor. (That is what the government is doing anyway.)
    Then both are good districts. Everybody will be happy. Cool!

observer can't see Guest

Talking Re: Reflections at Keppel Bay (D4, 99 Years, Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by Observer
    No need to argue lah.
    Just turn District 4 into another District 9 lor. (That is what the government is doing anyway.)
    Then both are good districts. Everybody will be happy. Cool!
    Might as well turn the whole singapore including tuas to become a big dist 9 right? Talking rubbish this guy.

Fedup! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by observer can't see
    Might as well turn the whole singapore including tuas to become a big dist 9 right? Talking rubbish this guy.

Why must we turn Tuas into District 9? Tuas is designated as industrial area. Without Tuas, where can we accomodate the Manufacturing MNCs? Without Tuas, where will one of Singapore economic pillars be?

You are talking rubbish!

Marina Bay, Sentosa and Keppel Bay are newly developed areas where we have the flexibility to designate them as high-end residential areas. So, it is up to us. If we need another District 9, we can turn them into another District 9. Having another District 9 means having another area for FDI. We stand to gain - not lose. It is good for us. Everyone should happy.

You are talking rubbish!

Tuas view Guest

Chill lah. Most likely the shipping industry will move to Tuas. You know Tuas View Extension? Very huge plot of reclaimed land jutting out from Tuas. Big enough for the entire shipping industry.

Teacher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by see u in hell
    I see your reflections will be worth how much come 2009 , FOols rush in whe n they don't think , property agents hype everything for the 1% , developers give deferred payments for suckers to come in , when 2009 kicks in , u guys better hope USA is in booming economy state.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    Published April 18, 2007

Penthouse may go for $5K psf

MAINBOARD-listed SC Global Developments is selling a penthouse in The Boulevard Residence (BLVD) by auction next month. .......... note this is more than double the $16 million an identical penthouse in the freehold development's other tower was sold for in May last year to high-flying Japanese fund manager Yoshiaki Murakami, who was later indicted for insider trading.

Both penthouses .......... will be conducted on May 20 jointly by Colliers and Christie's Great Estates exclusive affiliate Ken Jacobs.

BLVD comprises 46 units housed in two towers.

This is a lesson for those who keep saying that the property prices are too high. Is Murakami-san a fool who bought his penthouse at $2,xxx psf then? There are fools who keep saying these buyers are fools. Time has proven that he has made the right decision. Is he right or is he right? Double, you fool!

Penthouses, because of their rarity, can command a premium that is way above market value. This cannot be said of other type of units, although they may be in the same area.

Showroom Hopper Guest

Default $8m Showflat To Promote Units Costing About $2M

Size and luxury fittings meant to impress prospective buyers for flats at Reflections at Keppel Bay
    AsiaOne
    19 April 2007
    [IMG]http://news.asiaone.com.sg/a1news/pics/20070419_story21_1c.jpg

A leading Singapore property developer has built a show flat at the princely sum of S$8 million - four times the average price of the flats in a condominium it is offering for sale.

Although show flats are what prospective buyers base a large part of their decisions on, surely such a splurge by Keppel Land for its Reflections at Keppel Bay project is extravagant since the show unit would be torn down eventually?

No, says Knight Frank's research director Nicholas Mak. He adds that the showflat creates awareness and is aimed at impressing well-heeled buyers. "In the bigger scheme of things, how much is this expense compared to their potential earnings from the project?"

New York's Daniel Libeskind, who is known as the architect's architect in the industry, has been roped in to design the 1,129-unit project. He is also involved in the design of the showflat, which boasts expensive European designer furniture, fixtures and even a Japanese baby grand piano.

The showflat, at 29,000 sq ft, is about the size of 10 basketball courts and took 4 1/2 months to build. Keppel Land's corporate communications assistant, Ms Catherine Tan, told The New Paper that it has received positive feedback about the showflat, with many visitors simply struck by its sheer size.

At an average unit price of about $1,900 psf, a 1,109 sq ft three-bedroom unit at Reflections could set you back by at least $2m. About 90 per cent of the 350 units launched so far have been sold.

Said Ms Tan: "This is something that befits the property. If we're getting a world-renowned architect for the project, the showflat can't be lacking."

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: $8m Showflat To Promote Units Costing About $2M

Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Hopper
    Size and luxury fittings meant to impress prospective buyers for flats at Reflections at Keppel Bay
    AsiaOne
    19 April 2007

A leading Singapore property developer has built a show flat at the princely sum of S$8 million - four times the average price of the flats in a condominium it is offering for sale.

Although show flats are what prospective buyers base a large part of their decisions on, surely such a splurge by Keppel Land for its Reflections at Keppel Bay project is extravagant since the show unit would be torn down eventually?

No, says Knight Frank's research director Nicholas Mak. He adds that the showflat creates awareness and is aimed at impressing well-heeled buyers. "In the bigger scheme of things, how much is this expense compared to their potential earnings from the project?"

New York's Daniel Libeskind, who is known as the architect's architect in the industry, has been roped in to design the 1,129-unit project. He is also involved in the design of the showflat, which boasts expensive European designer furniture, fixtures and even a Japanese baby grand piano.

The showflat, at 29,000 sq ft, is about the size of 10 basketball courts and took 4 1/2 months to build. Keppel Land's corporate communications assistant, Ms Catherine Tan, told The New Paper that it has received positive feedback about the showflat, with many visitors simply struck by its sheer size.

At an average unit price of about $1,900 psf, a 1,109 sq ft three-bedroom unit at Reflections could set you back by at least $2m. About 90 per cent of the 350 units launched so far have been sold.

Said Ms Tan: "This is something that befits the property. If we're getting a world-renowned architect for the project, the showflat can't be lacking."

Why waste the $8M? Still can sell without the showroom what!

Cool Re: Reflections at Keppel Bay (D4, 99 Years, Keppel Land)

Out of 1129 units, 350 launched so far and not all sold yet. All my (flipping)Masters are staying clear of reflections. With all due respect to the developer, wonder how the top management of keppel feel having bought into their baby. hmmmm..... then again their monthly pay can cover their add. expenses. These few days are D-day for the short term buyers. VVip , Vip flippers will be due today, tomm and sun after 2 weeks of agonizing stress trying to sell their 1% investment. Wonder how does it feel to be in their position.

Registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    Out of 1129 units, 350 launched so far and not all sold yet. All my (flipping)Masters are staying clear of reflections. With all due respect to the developer, wonder how the top management of keppel feel having bought into their baby. hmmmm..... then again their monthly pay can cover their add. expenses. These few days are D-day for the short term buyers. VVip , Vip flippers will be due today, tomm and sun after 2 weeks of agonizing stress trying to sell their 1% investment. Wonder how does it feel to be in their position.

Don't flip lah. Just buy, hold a little while and sell later.

Gay central Guest

Thumbs down Re: Reflections at Keppel Bay (D4, 99 Years, Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by Registered
    Don't flip lah. Just buy, hold a little while and sell later.
    Was at reflections friday late afternoon again (2nd time) to look at the current situation. Saw the addresses of the visitors book, mainly landed addresses. Only 3 groups excluding me was in the showroom. One SG family , one indian (NRI must be) and a gay couple(arty farty). This time another agent served me, told me the same old BS story regarding some unknown dubai company wanting to buy up 2 buildings. I told him then why didnt keppel sell them, he couldn't answer. Went through whole process again to look the the showrooms. This 2nd time, i felt bland, no special feeling or impressive emotions anymore. Lucky for me i didn't commit anything the 1st time i was there 2 weeks ago. Apparently the champange served the other time had positive effects on the sales, hahaha. Smart move by keppel. After that we sat down and looked at the units for sale. I was taking the longest time, going through most of the units and prices. The rest where gone without anyone closing a deal with a new batch of people in the showroom, and i was still there. Basically i stayed for 2n1/2 hrs and left with no signature or cheque invovled, i figured, with this amount of capital put in... i'll place my bets elsewhere(safer).

Registered Guest

Default Boom Times Again For The Singapore Property Market

Colin Ng
    Dow Jones Newswires
    Singapore
    19 April 2007

Singapore's private property market is on the rise after years in the doldrums. It looks like the boom times are back for real estate, given strong demand from locals and expatriates alike.

There's talk it's just speculation behind the frothy market - with reports of investors flipping purchases for hefty profits and anecdotal evidence of wealthy expatriates snapping up a half dozen or so luxury apartments at property launches.

Sellers haven't been complaining, with prices of non-landed private properties in the heart of Singapore's prime area up by 17% in 2006, while prices outside that area are up 3-4.2%.

The bulk of the price increases have been in the luxury segment, but that's expected to filter down to the rest of the market, with some analysts tipping as much as a 20% increase in prices this year.

While there may be a speculative element to these price gains, data also suggest there's strong underlying demand for property - and that demand is set to grow in the next few years.

According to the 2003 master plan from the Urban Redevelopment Authority, Singapore's land-use planning agency, there are 324,000 homes in what it defines as Central Singapore. Stripping out public-housing flats from the Housing Development Board in the region - about 196,000 - leaves about 128,000 private condominiums and houses in the Central region.

That's not very many, when you consider there are 55,000 high net worth individuals (net assets of at least S$1.5 million, excluding their primary residence) in Singapore, according to the 2006 Merrill Lynch/Capgemini report. The current supply of properties looks even smaller given there are about 140,000 households with monthly incomes of above S$10,000, according to the government's 2005 household survey.

At the very least, this suggests the current supply of private property in the Central area should be met by demand.

But there's also demand coming from people who've participated in en bloc sales, from those pocketing windfalls from the booming stock market amid relatively low mortgage rates, and from foreign investors in the property market.

Even more demand can be expected given Singapore's plans for an eventual population of 6.5 million from about 4.5 million now; the total population grew about 142,000 or 3% in 2006, helped by the government's efforts to woo skilled foreign workers.

Expatriate workers have already helped push rentals to their highest levels since 1999. Demand from this group will increase - last year Singapore's nonresident workforce grew about 10%, and there were about 90,000 skilled workers and professionals among them.

Savills Singapore says rents for private homes were up 18.5% in the past year. Citigroup thinks rental rates could rise 30-40% this year as occupancy hits record highs.

Recent data show a shortage of supply looming with the number of private residential units due for completion at just 5,000 for 2007 and 7,000 for 2008, according to Citigroup. In 2006, there was demand for 9,000 units while 10-year average demand is at 8,000.

All told, local and foreign demand for private property in Singapore is set to grow, which coupled with shortages in supply put the real estate market on a path for red hot growth over the next few years.

What's the big deal?
    Reports like this from Dow Jones, UBS, etc. are no big deal!

Everybody knows the property market is going up.
    That's why everybody is buying.
    They are just stating the facts.

buytodie Guest

Talking Re: Boom Times Again For The Singapore Property Market

What's the big deal?
    Reports like this from Dow Jones, UBS, etc. are no big deal!

Everybody knows the property market is going up.
    That's why everybody is buying.
    They are just stating the facts.
    Cool, buy high sell low that must be your formula in making money. Good for you.

Registered Guest

Default Re: Boom Times Again For The Singapore Property Market

Quote Originally Posted by buytodie
    Cool, buy high sell low that must be your formula in making money. Good for you.

Wah!
    Are you a property owner?
    Prices go up, you will benefit.
    Now you want your property value to depreciate?
    I don't see your logic!

Stock market goes up, everybody happy!
    Property market goes up, everybody also happy!
    Aren't you happy?

buytodie Guest

Thumbs up Re: Boom Times Again For The Singapore Property Market

Wah!
    Are you a property owner?
    Prices go up, you will benefit.
    Now you want your property value to depreciate?
    I don't see your logic!

Stock market goes up, everybody happy!
    Property market goes up, everybody also happy!
    Aren't you happy?
    No wonder all you singaporeans can never have a true free and democratic society, people like you are the fat cats that the ruling party needs to carry on. Raise the Gst, you complain. Raise the price of cars, you complain. Raise the cost of living, you complain. Raise their own salary, you complain.
    But once, they raise the prices of your property you immediately stop complaining. Looks like (everyone for himself) is the true core of Singapore society. Good that i am not staying here for good. Good luck to you.

Market Watcher Guest

No wonder all you singaporeans can never have a true free and democratic society, people like you are the fat cats that the ruling party needs to carry on. Raise the Gst, you complain. Raise the price of cars, you complain. Raise the cost of living, you complain. Raise their own salary, you complain.
    But once, they raise the prices of your property you immediately stop complaining. Looks like (everyone for himself) is the true core of Singapore society. Good that i am not staying here for good. Good luck to you.

Property prices and stock prices can only be determined by the market forces. Since when can the government push up these prices? Go study your economic before making a fool of yourself here. The whole world is laughing at you.

Registered Guest

Don't know what crap you are talking about.
    If a currency have potential, we buy.
    If a property have potential, we buy.
    If a stock have potential, we buy.
    The subject is Singapore property here. We see potential, so we buy.

It must be you have acted against the market. You are a loser and you are unhappy. Don't give all sorts of nonsense excuses (e.g. GST, high minister pay, etc.) to justify your wrong decision.

We know you are a loser and is not planning to stay here. Since you are blaming others for your wrong decision, we are glad to hear that since. Leave now! Get out! Now!

bad investment Guest

Unhappy Re: Reflections at Keppel Bay (D4, 99 Years, Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by Gay central
    Was at reflections friday late afternoon again (2nd time) to look at the current situation. Saw the addresses of the visitors book, mainly landed addresses. Only 3 groups excluding me was in the showroom. One SG family , one indian (NRI must be) and a gay couple(arty farty). This time another agent served me, told me the same old BS story regarding some unknown dubai company wanting to buy up 2 buildings. I told him then why didnt keppel sell them, he couldn't answer. Went through whole process again to look the the showrooms. This 2nd time, i felt bland, no special feeling or impressive emotions anymore. Lucky for me i didn't commit anything the 1st time i was there 2 weeks ago. Apparently the champange served the other time had positive effects on the sales, hahaha. Smart move by keppel. After that we sat down and looked at the units for sale. I was taking the longest time, going through most of the units and prices. The rest where gone without anyone closing a deal with a new batch of people in the showroom, and i was still there. Basically i stayed for 2n1/2 hrs and left with no signature or cheque invovled, i figured, with this amount of capital put in... i'll place my bets elsewhere(safer).
    Was there yesterday. Agree totally with what GAY CENTRAL said, one agent i personally know as a friend showed me the number of units that the flippers did not exercise. Not a very good senario. Units facing golf course on low floors going at around $1400+psf, high floor main blocks looking over the sea is over $2,000psf. Looks like reflections flippers are in trouble, investment wise, buying reflections is very unwise. To put in so much money for potentially very slight gain, but very big loss is not my cup of tea.

Registered Guest

I heard that Keppel Land has sold the better units in Tower 2A/2B in Indonesia. If that is the case, the next launch will not be so soon, probably in about a month's time. We can guess the kind of price level it will be by then.

Sale is slow now because they have reserved the better units for later launches.

Keppel Land did the wise move in following other developers to launch their project overseas. There are so many friendly foreigners who are eagerly waiting to buy a piece of Singapore property. Why spend $8M on a showroom and so much time to explain Reflection values when there are so much ready demand?

bad investment Guest

I heard that Keppel Land has sold the better units in Tower 2A/2B in Indonesia. If that is the case, the next launch will not be so soon, probably in about a month's time. We can guess the kind of price level it will be by then.

Sale is slow now because they have reserved the better units for later launches.

Keppel Land did the wise move in following other developers to launch their project overseas. There are so many friendly foreigners who are eagerly waiting to buy a piece of Singapore property. Why spend $8M on a showroom and so much time to explain Reflection values when there are so much ready demand?
    For your information, my agent(that i personally know) told me reflections did not go well with indonesians. Indonesians are only interested in 1).freehold or 999 and 2).Prime district(Orchard, newton and river valley). Your information is fake, please prove it or we take it as rumours, like the dubai people they claimed that wanted to swallow 2 blks.