Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 611162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflections at Keppel Bay (D4, 99 Years, Keppel Land)

all also got nice views wat... tree top view, golf course view, city view, sea view etc, and all unblocked some more, almost cannot find these days. Only thing for me i dislike west sun so no west facing units for me.

Default 11th floor & below, see only reflections from others

Quote Originally Posted by august
    all also got nice views wat... tree top view, golf course view, city view, sea view etc, and all unblocked some more, almost cannot find these days. Only thing for me i dislike west sun so no west facing units for me.
    I visited some units on lower floors and saw only other units and they appear so close to me. Thus I told myself to stay away from units below 11th floor.

Am reminded of how after moving in to Pebble Bay, construction started nearby ... and then the views disappeared.

Furthermore, got to bear with the noise and dust during the construction period. Thus I have to remember that the golf view will be replaced by construction noise and dust as well as many workers moving around.

Default Villas higher psf & bigger size : not in my study

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Hi Ah Heng,
    Thanks for the data..
    But till now you haven't let me know.. Are those good facing? Meaning facing RWS.. if not, what kind of psf for those with RWS facing.. I saw URA data which you hid it from your data which is high psf$$
    NO need to hide : it is FREE publicly available data at URA web-site : only I think few people interested in villa units of $20m or more than $4m.

Got so many agents selling Reflections ::: many will run to serve you and show units that meet your criteria.

Attached is caveat showing $20m unit at $2.5k psf :; good luck to you if you want to use villa psf for tower unit psf

Quote Originally Posted by Heng
    NO need to hide : it is FREE publicly available data at URA web-site : only I think few people interested in villa units of $20m or more than $4m.

Got so many agents selling Reflections ::: many will run to serve you and show units that meet your criteria.

Attached is caveat showing $20m unit at $2.5k psf :; good luck to you if you want to use villa psf for tower unit psf
    bro, haha i will be very happy when I know the penthouse in my condo can fetch 2.5k psf. I will know my 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms in the same condo can fetch so much higher.

I think that's why a 3 bedroom in reflections can hit a record of 3220+psf in Nov.

Default distinction between villa & tower : view & no view

Quote Originally Posted by singaporecondo99
    bro, haha i will be very happy when I know the penthouse in my condo can fetch 2.5k psf. I will know my 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms in the same condo can fetch so much higher.

I think that's why a 3 bedroom in reflections can hit a record of 3220+psf in Nov.
    The difference is obvious : only newbies will get sucked in and buy at such high psf : anyway there must necessarily be losers in game.

All cars can fech you from point A to B. Then why the huge price price difference in car prices ?

Wow! That means the SMALLER units can easily call for the same psf due to lower quantum, even disregarding the view! No wonder it's not dropping. And the so called construction...easily won't happen in the next 10 years. Check with the golf club....dun come & smoke us lol

Default Why pay more when others paid less ? What-if_analysis

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Wow! That means the SMALLER units can easily call for the same psf due to lower quantum, even disregarding the view!
    $1,400 psf for 775 sq ft = $1.1m
    $1,800 psf for 775 sq ft = $1.4m
    $2,500 psf for 775 sq ft = $1.9m

Nobody is stopping you from paying more psf due to smaller quantum rather than the typical $4m or more for villa unit.

Toyota will be happy to get same price as Mercedes or BMW ?

Default some psf of smaller units & quantum

Wow! SMALLER units can easily call for the same psf due to lower quantum, even disregarding the view! No wonder it's not dropping. lol
    Slightly over $1m for some units... owners will be laughing all the way to bank if got buyers at $2.5m .. . (buyer's remorse priced additional 16% SSD and 10% ABSD. ) Not forgetting the usual 3% stamp duty on larger amount of $2.5m

Slightly over $1m for some units... owners will be laughing all the way to bank if got buyers at $2.5m .. . (buyer's remorse priced additional 16% SSD and 10% ABSD. ) Not forgetting the usual 3% stamp duty on larger amount of $2.5m
    well, putting prices in context, susan lim just sold a bungalow on sentosa for $39m to an indian energy tycoon (probably reliance).......$4-5m in ABSD and duties.

Nobody is stopping you from paying more psf due to smaller quantum rather than the typical $4m or more for villa unit.
    Seriously, I recalled a sub-sale of 775 sq ft 2 bedroom 14th or 13th floor tower unit selling around 2400psf last year in 2011. Should be the kind of rare 2 bedders unblock facing the yacht, IR view bah ....

is it the doctor ?

Heng may be right, I read a news somewhere that the golf has been earmarked for development as the lease ends 2021, which is around 8 yrs later. But the news did not say anything abt construction or when does construction starts lah,

Maybe, don't even have constructions? Golf lease runs out, the golf land resuse as garden/park , residents still get to see the big piece of greenery, still very nice !

Toyota will be happy to get same price as Mercedes or BMW ?
    Well, like I said, nobody is stopping you from dreaming its possible to bag a lousy view unit @ Reflection at new launch OCR prices. Honestly, I think out of a thousand unit, you just might find 1 but you have to to be quick and need close network with agents. In every project, there will be the odd firesale...I have seen it at The Sail, Soleil, MBR, MPR....just that posting here wouldnt help much. If the prices

I'm glad my unit has a decent view, otherwise I'll be so disappointed to see that Reflection actually attracts novice ppty investors who try to muscle their way in via the cheapest available unit in the mkt and using such blunt method to try to talk down a project. In times of crisis, these would be the same investors who can't hold the prices for such luxury development. Call me an elitist, but I sincerely hope the investors of Reflection has more investment knowledge and exprience than novice investors. When the tide recedes, I sure hope those who were swimming naked were not at Reflection pool.

I guess SC Global, Wingtai and to a certain extent, Wheelock and Keppel are quite selective in their marketing of units to prospects in some projects.

And apologise if I didn't bother to check earlier posts. Do you even know the unit number of the $1,399 psf unit and if its an original sale, subsale or new sale and the history?

Seriously, I recalled a sub-sale of 775 sq ft 2 bedroom 14th or 13th floor tower unit selling around 2400psf last year in 2011. Should be the kind of rare 2 bedders unblock facing the yacht, IR view bah ....

FYI

<ADV>Reflections trx update:
    Rent Blk 29 #18-86 990sqft 2BR $5.6k*
    Rent Blk 5 #02-17 1,711sqft 3BR $9k
    Sale Blk 25 #10-79 1,313sqft 3BR $1,523psf
    Sale Blk 25 #14-76 872sqft 1BR+S $2,050psf
    Javier & Alison/ERA

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Boy
    FYI

<ADV>Reflections trx update:
    Rent Blk 29 #18-86 990sqft 2BR $5.6k*
    Rent Blk 5 #02-17 1,711sqft 3BR $9k
    Sale Blk 25 #10-79 1,313sqft 3BR $1,523psf
    Sale Blk 25 #14-76 872sqft 1BR+S $2,050psf
    Javier & Alison/ERA
    Hmm...Is it for real ?! I didn't see #14-76 872 sqf in URA txn. I know it's a Tower 1A unit, with living room facing sentosa/sea direction. 2050psf is a good deal because the 775 sq ft 1+study is already fetching 2300-2400 in yr 2011.

Hmm...Is it for real ?! I didn't see #14-76 872 sqf in URA txn. I know it's a Tower 1A unit, with living room facing sentosa/sea direction. 2050psf is a good deal because the 775 sq ft 1+study is already fetching 2300-2400 in yr 2011.
    error............

error............
    For those who are interested, the agents for this site bother to post most of the floor plans. Disclaimer, I don't know them but just chanced upon them through google. But its best to bug a few good agents to take you around.....

http://reflectionsatkeppelbay.creati...lans?nggpage=6

Default around 8 years left to end of golf view ? High rise development

I read a news somewhere that the golf has been earmarked for development as the lease ends 2021, which is around 8 yrs later.

But the news did not say anything abt construction or when does construction starts lah,

!
    hyenergixJune 12th, 2011, 12:32 PM

Oh no, lease expiry is for real in 2021. .. After that it will be noise and dust due to redevelopment.

---------------------------------------
    East Coast BoyJune 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM

Also, a major selling point is the “unblocked” views towards the Keppel Golf Course Club.

Market watchers interviewed by Singapore Business Review however note that the “unblocked” views could just be “temporary” as ..., the prime location of the golf club would be replaced by high rise development.

“The 30-year lease to the golf club’s site near Telok Blangah is about to expire in end 2021 and chances are it might not be renewed as the land has been earmarked for redevelopment, “an industry observer who requested anonymity said.

“The area is quite noisy as there are a number of huge container trucks passing through Telok Blangah Road,” he said.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    When contacted, the Singapore Land Authority, which is the lessor of the land, issued a one-line statement which read: '10 Bukit Chermin Road is on a 30-year lease to Keppel Club.'

Business Times (2009 )

Info form Agent who just close the deal last month.

URA will show the info by end of this month.

Default $1.78 m for Sentosa / sea view and high floor

$1.78 m for Sentosa / Sea view is indeed a good price, especially still very much higher than 11th floor......shows that prices are indeed softening even for good units.

$1.78 m for Sentosa / Sea view is indeed a good price, especially still very much higher than 11th floor......shows that prices are indeed softening even for good units.
    Not true..this unit layout is bad that why only $1.78M ( as you said better check before you buy )

Default 3 sites for development in Keppel Bay : developer website

3 remaining sites slated for future development in Keppel Bay

the so called construction...easily won't happen in the next 10 years. Check with the golf club....dun come & smoke us lol
    http://www.reflectionsatkeppelbay.com.sg/rkb_int2.asp

Future Developments

There are three remaining sites slated for future development in Keppel Bay, two on the mainland and one on Keppel Island.

Contact us at (65) 6271 6686
    Keppel Land International Limited, 230 Victoria Street #06-08
    Bugis Junction Towers, Singapore 188024

Default Disappearing golfview due to new construction ? BT 2009

Warren Golf club replaced by University Town very quickly. I believed GOLF Club moved out way before expiry of lease.

Similary with Keppel Golf ??

hyenergix

June 12th, 2011, 12:32 PM

Oh no, lease expiry is for real in 2021. .. After that it will be noise and dust due to redevelopment.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    East Coast Boy

June 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM

Also, a major selling point is the “unblocked” views towards the Keppel Golf Course Club.

Market watchers interviewed by Singapore Business Review however note that the “unblocked” views could just be “temporary” as ..., the prime location of the golf club would be replaced by high rise development.

“The 30-year lease to the golf club’s site near Telok Blangah is about to expire in end 2021 and chances are it might not be renewed as the land has been earmarked for redevelopment, “an industry observer who requested anonymity said.

“The area is quite noisy as there are a number of huge container trucks passing through Telok Blangah Road,” he said.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    When contacted, the Singapore Land Authority, which is the lessor of the land, issued a one-line statement which read: '10 Bukit Chermin Road is on a 30-year lease to Keppel Club.'

Business Times (2009 )

There will be better developments cum better view in 2021 after the existing PSA port moves out.

Future Developments

There are three remaining sites slated for future development in Keppel Bay, two on the mainland and one on Keppel Island.

Warren Golf club replaced by University Town very quickly. I believed GOLF Club moved out way before expiry of lease.

Similary with Keppel Golf ??
    According to one site, Keppel's lease is until 2022. A lot of other clubs (including Sentosa) have the same lease expiry date, so I only presume that the government did a tender exercise for clubs at the same time.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Golf Clubs Land Lease expiry:

Jurong Country Club 2035 (60 yr lease)

Keppel Golf Club 2022 (30 yr lease)

Laguna National Golf & Country Club 2021 (30 yr lease - membership)

Orchid Country Club 2024 (30 yr lease)

Raffles Country Club 2029 (30 yr lease)

Sentosa Golf Club 2022 (30 yr lease)

Seletar Country Club 2024 (30 yr lease)

Singapore Island Country Club 2022 (30 yr lease)

Tanah Merah Country Club 2022 (30 yr lease)

From this weblink: http://www.countryclubs.com/modules....rder=0&thold=0

Future Developments

Golf course land is not in the list of this three remaining sites

______________________________Land Size(sm) GFA (sm)
    Plot 1
    (Reflections at Keppel Bay)_________83,591______193,400

Plot 2
    (Caribbean at Keppel Bay)__________97,494______132,780

Plot 3
    (adjacent to Caribbean)_________38,822_______47,380

Plot 4
    (adjacent to Keppel Bay_________28,676_______32,000
    Tower and a joint-venture
    with Mapletree)

Plot 5
    (Marina at Keppel Bay)__________6,211_________3,000

Plot 6
    (on Keppel Island)______________20,675_______21,000

Three more plots totalling 88,173 sm of land are slated for development and this is expected to yield another 642 exclusive homes.

The Carribean plot, as well as plots 3 and 4 are height restricted because of Mount Faber (the government required that the view of Sentosa be visible from the top of Mt Faber). So the Reflection towers are the only ones that can have a panaromic view of the sea and Sentosa.

Plot 5 and 6 will definitely be exclusive and expensive. These will be landed property and it will be interesting to see how prices compare with Sentosa.

These developments, carefully designed and prudently phased, will further enhance Keppel Bay, in line with the efforts by the Singapore government to develop the Southern Islands into a first-class tourist resort for the well-heeled.

Default end-2021 : Singapore Land Authority, Lessor of land

golf club on this... site is the least productive use of prime land in land-scarce Singapore

........ news somewhere that the golf has been earmarked for development as the lease ends 2021, which is around 8 yrs later. ......
    http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/Th...13-148252.html

Extracted from Asiaone web-site :

News @ AsiaOne

Time may run out for Keppel Club

ONE of Singapore's best-known golf clubs could be forced to give up its prime location - close to the upcoming Sentosa integrated resort - and seek a new home.

Ven Sreenivasan

Sat, Jun 13, 2009

The Business Times

ONE of Singapore's best-known golf clubs could be forced to give up its prime location - close to the upcoming Sentosa integrated resort - and seek a new home.

BT understands from industry sources that the lease on Keppel Club's site near Telok Blangah, across from Sentosa Island, might not be renewed when it expires ........ as the land has been earmarked for redevelopment.

A senior club official declined to comment when reached and members said they had not been told of any potential changes.
    When contacted, the Singapore Land Authority, which is the lessor of the land, issued a one-line statement which read: '10 Bukit Chermin Road is on a 30-year lease to Keppel Club. The lease expires end-2021.'

But the development of the Sentosa Island, with its Integrated Resorts, has increased the value of the land around the vicinity. The area has seen massive redevelopment with prime waterfront commercial and residential properties like VivoCity, Keppel Corp's Reflections and Caribbean.

'This is prime property,' said an informed industry insider. 'Most golf clubs in Singapore sit on water catchment areas, land adjacent airports or other real estate which cannot house infrastructure.

Having a golf club on this Bukit Chermin site is the least productive use of prime land in land-scarce Singapore.'

Redevelopment means NO more golf course view.....

golf club on this... site is the least productive use of prime land in land-scarce Singapore

http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/Th...13-148252.html

Extracted from Asiaone web-site :

News @ AsiaOne

Time may run out for Keppel Club

Ven Sreenivasan

Sat, Jun 13, 2009

The Business Times

BT understands from industry sources that the lease on Keppel Club's site near Telok Blangah, across from Sentosa Island, might not be renewed when it expires ........ as the land has been earmarked for redevelopment.

A senior club official declined to comment when reached and members said they had not been told of any potential changes.
    When contacted, the Singapore Land Authority, which is the lessor of the land, issued a one-line statement which read: '10 Bukit Chermin Road is on a 30-year lease to Keppel Club. The lease expires end-2021.'

But the development of the Sentosa Island, with its Integrated Resorts, has increased the value of the land around the vicinity. The area has seen massive redevelopment with prime waterfront commercial and residential properties like VivoCity, Keppel Corp's Reflections and Caribbean.

'This is prime property,' said an informed industry insider. 'Most golf clubs in Singapore sit on water catchment areas, land adjacent airports or other real estate which cannot house infrastructure.

Having a golf club on this Bukit Chermin site is the least productive use of prime land in land-scarce Singapore.'

Redevelopment means NO more golf course view.....
    So Sentosa Golf Club 2022 (30 yr lease) is not on prime land ?..

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Boy
    So Sentosa Golf Club 2022 (30 yr lease) is not on prime land ?..
    How about Marina Bay Golf course also not prime land ?

Default Sale at $2,111 psf, $671psf fall from developer psf

Wonder if Reflections face the same fate of big losses ? as I see more and more units put up for sale / rental and the months go by ...
    Buying at Developer psf still risks BIG LOSS..despite after holding so many years after TOP...999 year St Regis Residences ....launched at about same time as Reflections....

Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    It is not 4M loss BUT 5M loss. Actually i dun wan to share one, but see some of you guys so pathethic,......

2,782 psf
    -2,111 psf

------------
    671 psf
    ------------
    A few CCR transactions sold at a loss (reported in The Edge)

"It is very dangerous to buy property without knowing how to calculate the hidden costs." Famous Words by BJ21T