Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Suites (D11, Freehold, Koh Brothers / Heeton / KSH / Lian Beng)

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Lincoln Suites (D11, Freehold, Koh Brothers / Heeton / KSH / Lian Beng)

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...96625,00.html?

Published September 12, 2008

High-end home market going off the boil

Developers are testing the market to see if their projects will sell

By UMA SHANKARI

MOST developers are still holding off launching luxury condominiums, but a few projects are slowly being put on the market.

Frasers Centrepoint has launched and sold about 30 units at its 302-unit Martin Place Residences, with apartments going for about $1,800 per square foot (psf) on average.

Martin Place Residences is in the River Valley neighbourhood in District 9.

And nearby, SC Global Developments said last week it had released and sold 30 apartments in its Martin No 38, which has 91 units in total.

The average price fetched was $2,130 psf, with sales coming at $1,881-$2,494 psf.

Developers are pushing out luxury condo projects cautiously, with most releasing them in small phases.

Many are also trying to test the market to see if their high-end homes will sell and gauge how much buyers will be willing to pay.

Yesterday, the en-bloc purchasers of Lincoln Lodge said they will be launching the new development on the site - Lincoln Suites - by early next year.

But the developers - Koh Brothers, Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and Lian Beng Group, which each have an equal stake in the project - will only release some of the project's 175 units in the first phase.

And current residents of Lincoln Lodge will probably be allowed to stay in their homes well into next year.

'We are not going to launch all the units at one go,' said Francis Koh, chief executive of Koh Brothers. 'The price will be determined by buyers' willingness to buy.'

Prices will be similar to or 'even lower than' comparable projects nearby, Mr Koh said.

Units in the newly-built nearby development, Park Infinia at Wee Nam, are going for $1,300-$1,600, property consultants said.

The consortium bought Lincoln Lodge for $243 million, or $1,449 psf per plot ratio, including an estimated development charge of $413,000, in June last year at the height of the en bloc frenzy.

They then decided to hold off tearing down the existing project, and have instead allowed occupants to keep renting apartments for at least six months from the sale completion date in July this year.

Now, the showflat for Lincoln Suites will be built with Lincoln Lodge still standing.

Depending on the market response, the leases of the tenants could be extended past January next year.

break even? Guest

they bought at 1446 psf.
    given construction cost of 400 psf,
    they have to break even around 1900psf,
    don't they?

break even Guest

sorry, 1449 psf.

so if they don't sell at least 1900 psf,

they will lose money?
    what is an estimated construction cost for
    a condo like lincoln suites?
    I heard high end construction cost is like 500 - 600psf
    am I right?

Confused Guest

Really confused.

How can they sell at 2k+ psf?

Now I have a philosophical question:

If developers hold tight to their high prices and do not lower then does it mean that market prices cannot drop - for new apts at least?

Default Why confused?

Any developer can ask for whatever price they want......it is up to the general public to determine if they want to buy from the developer.

Why bother with an unknown, unseen, unbuilt development when you can find sellers trying to hawk off units at Park Infinia that will give you immediate occupation? Some sellers are only asking around $1350psf mid floor while high floors are transacting at $1550psf.

Don't forget that a lot of owners bought units here at around $850 to $1100psf in 2006 and early 2007. Even if they unload now at a depressed market....they will still pocket a tidy sum.

cherrycreek Guest

Default new launches price

Nowadays when u go to c showflats in newton (or anywhere), agts will tell u that the nearby plots like lincoln lodge was sold at 1400+ and have to be launched 1800 to 2000 psf to be breakeven. i will tell them that is of no relevance to me cos pricing is based on demand and supply and if supply around the area is 1300 psf to 1500 psf, there is no reason i hv to buy above 1600 psf for new launches because of the developers' cost. similarly for other areas, its not what the developer asking, it is what the true value of the area based on current price of old projects nearby, just top -ed projects etc.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/St...ry_367769.html

April 24, 2009 Friday

Koh Brothers targets Kovan condo at HDB upgraders

By Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent

The five-storey Fiorenza, which features an Italian theme, will have an imported glass jacuzzi on all the balconies. -- PHOTO: KOH BROTHERS

KOH Brothers Group hopes to tempt HDB upgraders with the release of a small Kovan project this weekend while it holds off launching high-end properties until the time is ripe.

The freehold Fiorenza in Florence Road has 28 units and will be priced at $790 per sq ft, or between $749,000 and $1.2 million per unit.

There are two- and three-bedroom units ranging from 840 to 1,442 sq ft in the five-storey block as well as penthouses of 1,378 to 1,851 sq ft each.

In the same area, the 521-unit Kovan Residences, which is nearer the Kovan MRT station than Fiorenza, still has unlaunched units. The 99-year leasehold project went for about $880 psf last year but those levels have since been cut. Last month, 56 units were sold at a median price of $705 psf.

Koh Brothers is offering the interest absorption scheme at a 2 per cent premium for Fiorenza.

Chief executive and managing director Francis Koh said the project would feature a glass jacuzzi imported from Italy on all the balconies. Each unit will also get a multi-room digital music system.

Koh Brothers had planned to release Fiorenza in the second quarter of last year. It was also hoping to launch the high-end Lincoln Suites off Newton Road by early this year, but the market has not been in its favour.

With high-end demand still muted, the launch is unlikely anytime soon.

Mr Koh said the consortium would continue to lease out Lincoln Lodge - which is the site for Lincoln Suites - right into next year. It had, together with Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and Lian Beng Group, bought Lincoln Lodge at the height of the property boom in 2007 for $1,449.30 psf per plot ratio.

Koh Brothers has other development projects in the pipeline which it is holding until an appropriate time.

'The market may change very quickly. It can go up quickly, it can also come down quickly,' said Mr Koh.

Thumbs up Lincoln Suites Previewing Soon

Lincoln Suites VVIP Preview Soon (Former Site of Lincoln Lodge)

Register with me now! Appointed Marketing Agent for Lincoln Suites

Lincoln Suites is just behind VIVA located along Khiang Guan Avenue, directly opposite Goldhill Plaza and United Square shopping mall.

Novena Square and Novena MRT Station is situated opposite the road.

Only ten minutes' drive from Orchard,the major shopping and entertainment belt. Lincoln Suites provides excellent accessibility to other parts of the island, served by the Central Expressway (CTE), the Pan Island Expressway (PIE) and Bukit Timah Road, Newton Road and Scotts Road.

NEAREST MRT STATIONS

Novena MRT Station (NS20)from Lincon Suites
    0.39 km

Newton MRT Station (NS21)from Lincoln Suites
    0.76 km

NEAREST SHOPPING CENTRES to Lincoln Suites

United Square/Goldhill Plaza
    0.10 km

NOVENA SQUARE
    0.34km

SQUARE 2
    0.43km

Nearest School to Lincoln Suites

ETONHOUSE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL NEWTON
    Blk 39 Newton Road Singapore 307966
    Distance : 192.13 m

ALLIANCE FRANCAISE DE SINGAPOUR
    Blk 1 Sarkies Road Singapore 258130
    Distance : 694.44 m

ANGLO-CHINESE PRIMARY SCHOOL (ACSP BARKER ROAD)
    Blk 50 Barker Road Singapore 309918
    Distance : 785.38 m

RAFFLES GIRLS' SECONDARY SCHOOL
    Blk 20 Anderson Road Singapore 259978
    Distance : 1.62 km

Contact me for more information on Lincoln Suites

how much 2000psf?

gd luck to Koh Brothers! enbloc at $1500 cost

ViVa, better location, bigger land, is selling NOW at $1500.

How on earth can Koh Bro make any profit out of this ?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Actually, IMHO Lincoln Suites has better location than VIVA. It is just beside United Square and just walk across the road is Novena MRT station whereas VIVA is still some distance away, closer to CTE and hence much noiser. The expressways is no joke because I have viewed a unit in Park Infinia at 28th storey in stack 9 and while the expressway is still further away (as compared to VIVA), the noise from the vehicles cruising on CTE can still be heard very clearly. Also, big land is no advantage if they pack in so many units. I prefer smaller number of units on reasonable size land (since more exclusive, don't have the EC type of feeling).

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    gd luck to Koh Brothers! enbloc at $1500 cost

ViVa, better location, bigger land, is selling NOW at $1500.

How on earth can Koh Bro make any profit out of this ?

location gd or not doesnt not matter.. the scariest part is that this plot of land was en bloc at $1449 psf during the peak and it will be really scary to see them launching at $1900+ psf or more.

http://luxuryasiahome.wordpress.com/...en-bloc-fever/

Default curiosity

launch price 1800 - 2000 psf. if it sells then the whole vicinity will get a lift. curious to see whats the launch price and take up rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    launch price 1800 - 2000 psf. if it sells then the whole vicinity will get a lift. curious to see whats the launch price and take up rate.
    Actually it may happen as its neighbor, Newton Suites, is still be sold at a high price...

agt told me stdio 2200 psf, 2 bedder 2000 psf. i really want to see who is buying !

Quote Originally Posted by denverusa
    agt told me stdio 2200 psf, 2 bedder 2000 psf. i really want to see who is buying !

I wouldnt be surprise all the higher psf on 1/2 bedrms is a SOLD out.

As Bank can loan 80 even 90% for 1st house buyer. Nothing is impossible now.

Property Cheong ahhhh. Dont Stop from now.

Default Finishing

Anyone know the finishing that they are providing?

hi everyone, developer's briefing will be tml..

Developer : Koh Brothers and joint-ventured partners
    Tenure : Freehold
    Total : 175 units on Two blocks of 29 storey Apartments
    Site area : Approx 44000 sq ft
    TOP : Expected 31 Dec 2015
    Facilities @ Sky Terrace (5 & 24 Floor):
    50 m Lap Pool
    360 degree Spa Pool
    Sky Gymnasium ( Air-conditioned )
    Dining Alcoves, Epicurean's Delight
    Splash Pool, Fun Pool
    Thermal Spa with Jacuzzi
    Massage Decks
    Lounge with Bar Counter
    Wine Cellar
    Multi Storey Carpark

Types of Units:
    Studio – 463/474/484 sq.ft. ( 44 units )
    1 bedroom – 527/538 sq.ft. ( 22 units )
    2 Bedroom – 1033/1044/1076 sq ft ( 42 units )
    2 + Study – 1098/1109/1119 sq. ft (24 units)
    3 bedroom – 1561 sq ft (14 units)
    3 + Study – 1615 sq ft ( 4 units )
    4 bedroom – 1798 sq ft ( 14 units )
    4 + Study - 1841 sq ft ( 4 units )
    Duplex - 2616/3036 sq ft ( 4 units )
    Penthouses – 3703/4812/5501 sq ft ( 3 units )

Here are some basic facts...is u are keen to see how the proj look like, can visit my website at www.lusholmz.com for artist impression

Est psf should be 1700 average psf range...depending on unit size...since Lincoln residences & miro are averaging 1600+-1700psf...this should not be too far off...

Finishing-wise should be the standard hansgrohe...etc finishings...will furbish u guys with more details tml...

for more enquiries, u can contact me at 81835132...i'm the appointed developer mktg agent

Cheers ;P

Around 40% of the units are mickey mouse unit. Beware! Developer is trying to use those units of smaller quantum but higher psf to bring up their sales result for Lincoln Suites.

as the developer bought the land really expensive, this is one way to achieve a profit, mixing it up with tiny units for studio and 1 bedrooms followed by 2 and 2+study to keep the quantum down but maybe register record psf?! similar strategies were employed at Optima and Centro.

For this project, take note of the monkey sized plot as well, only 44000sq ft. For the 3 & 4 bedders (total 36 units), if psf is more than 1500psf, better off buying VIVA.

Knowing buyer's preferences for 2 bedders, also need to be cautious for the 2 and 2 + study, which are also quite normal sized and paying even 1700psf for these may be a stretch (let alone the touted 1800 to 2000psf) considering the land size is so much smaller than VIVA's.

high psf can be "justified" for the 66 mickey mouse units but for the next 66 2 and 2+study, that's where the $ quantum leaps if psf is close to the mickey mouse ones.

Quote Originally Posted by dormer
    Around 40% of the units are mickey mouse unit. Beware! Developer is trying to use those units of smaller quantum but higher psf to bring up their sales result for Lincoln Suites.
    Last edited by bargain hunter; 12-08-09 at 12:00.

with the big # of units coming from these new projects (lincoln suites, viva, etc), shops in and around united square should be particularly pleased - especially the eateries and the supermarkets.

well, that is still 3 years away.

Quote Originally Posted by duckweed
    with the big # of units coming from these new projects (lincoln suites, viva, etc), shops in and around united square should be particularly pleased - especially the eateries and the supermarkets.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Not only United Square but also Novena Square and also Novena Square 2, and also the shophouses beside United Square.

Quote Originally Posted by duckweed

Anyone got newer news on this development?
    Suddenly the comments stopped...

all the action in non prime areas. people say prime is overlooked because of that but are there so many people who can afford prime? most buyer profiles these days seem to be focused at 1 to 1.5m for 3 or 4 bedrooms. For the same price in D11 may or maybe even not able to get a decent 2 bedder.

Quote Originally Posted by dunatos
    Anyone got newer news on this development?
    Suddenly the comments stopped...

Default Lincoln Suites (D11, Freehold, Koh Brothers)

Any idea when will this be launched. Saw that showflat almost ready.

hi andy ...the estimated launch date will be in oct...which is very soon...i have the layouts...

http://www.lusholmz.com/83==> u can find all the sizes and layouts in my website...

if u are keen to register for vip preview...let me knw.. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    hi andy ...the estimated launch date will be in oct...which is very soon...i have the layouts...

http://www.lusholmz.com/83==> u can find all the sizes and layouts in my website...

if u are keen to register for vip preview...let me knw.. cheers
    What's the indicative pricing?

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by dormer
    Maybe these are no longer considered Mickey Mouses?
    Mickey Mouse is 258 sqft?

Quote Originally Posted by The Business Times

Smaller prime district homes lead Q3 surge
    Luxury condo prices up 17% from Q1; new peak for prime area landed homes
    The Business Times
    Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Latest figures from DTZ show that prices of completed landed and non-landed private homes in various segments continued to recover in the third quarter after bottoming out in the first quarter of this year in the aftermath of the global financial crash.

One of the strongest price gains was reflected in the average price of freehold completed prime district condos, which rose 22.3% from the recent low of $1,120 psf in Q1 to $1,370 psf in Q3. 'As more buyers were drawn to the market, average private home prices continued on the uptrend in Q3 2009, led by smaller homes in the prime districts of 9, 10 and 11,' DTZ said.

The average capital value for DTZ’s basket of completed luxury freehold condos rose 17% from $1,880 psf in Q1 to $2,200 psf in Q3; however, the latest figure is still 21.4% shy of the all-time high of $2,800 psf in late 2007/early 2008.

The recovery in home buying and prices in Q2 and Q3 this year also rubbed off on the landed housing segment. The average price of completed freehold landed homes in prime districts 9, 10 and 11 appreciated 15.9% from the recent low in Q1 to scale a fresh peak of $1,383 psf of land area in Q3, according to DTZ’s data.

In the 99-year suburban landed market too, the average capital value of $593 psf as at Q3 was up 9.4% from Q1.

DTZ’s landed housing baskets exclude Good Class Bungalows, whose values have also appreciated. And for both landed homes as well as condos, its baskets cover only completed projects.

'We’ve seen strong interest in landed properties in Q3 – whether it’s bungalows, terrace houses or semi-detached homes. Buyers are mostly owner occupiers,' says DTZ SE Asia research head Chua Chor Hoon.

'The general home buying sentiment has spilled over to the landed segment. Landed property prices did not move up as much as condo prices in the 2007 run-up.'

A universal trend for all types of private housing shown in DTZ’s data is that prices have been appreciating since bottoming out in Q1 this year.

However, while the average quarter-on-quarter price gains for suburban condos were higher for Q3 than for Q2, the price appreciation slowed in Q3 for prime district and luxury condos.

The average capital value of freehold suburban condos rose 5.6% in Q3 over the preceding quarter, after posting a 3.1% quarter-on-quarter gain in Q2. For 99-year suburban condos too, the average price increased 6.5% in Q3 to $610 psf, nearly double the 3.2% increase in Q2.

Quarter on quarter, the average capital value for prime district freehold condos surged 11.3% in Q2 and 9.9% in Q3. The average price of luxury freehold condos appreciated 9.6% in Q2 and 6.8% in Q3.

DTZ said rental values found some stability after four consecutive quarters of decline. ‘The average monthly rental value of non-landed homes in prime districts was unchanged at $3.32 psf in Q3 2009 while that of luxurious condos stayed at $4.65 psf.’

Over the next 6 months, Ms Chua predicts, private home prices are likely to see some level of stabilisation with more moderate increases. While sentiment is still strong at the moment, she pointed to an easing in sales volume from frenzied levels seen in Q3 on the back of fewer projects in the pipeline as well as the market cooling measures announced by the government on Sept 14.

DTZ noted that new private home sales by developers in Q3 are poised to break the previous quarterly record of 5,129 units set in Q2 2007. This was after developers sold a total of 4,471 homes in July and August alone. The full-year figure is also expected to top 2007’s record of 14,811 units.

est psf should be around 1850-2000+psf...even if exceed 2000psf...should not be too way off otherwise ppl will rather buy cairnhill area....ultimately the overall quantum for the small units should be attractive enough for investors looking for a gd rental yield investment in this area...will keep u guys updated once i get more updates from developer most prob next wk.

Cheers =)