Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cosmopolitan

And then it is only if you have inside info and access about that unit. Most of these very good and attractive deals won't even make it to the Classifieds. The agent would have bought it himself or would have helped his big or longtime clients get it. Small fry like us don't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    And then it is only if you have inside info and access about that unit. Most of these very good and attractive deals won't even make it to the Classifieds. The agent would have bought it himself or would have helped his big or longtime clients get it. Small fry like us don't stand a chance.
    I think you are referring to the good times. There will be more demand then supply , so the agents and insiders dare to take and resell.

But when we approach the distress selling stage, there will be more supply than demand (that's what caused prices to spiral down).. So even after the insiders who dare picked up distress, there will be plenty of investment grade left for the ikan bilis buyers.

That's why it's a good time to buy during distress times and not good times.

Well, I agree with Focus ,
    There are no buyers on the market , and realistically it's worth 1000 psf now , due to very weak rental . And the market going to be so,so so oversupplied with 40,000 units this year .. pleanty of choice ! I think might go down even to 900 psf

A 4bdrm High floor unit at cosmopolitan just sold @ $1310psf.

Quote Originally Posted by watprice
    Any one about the noise from the traffic since the Cosmo is right smack in a busy junction?

thanks,

Default Cosmopolitan Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by streetcar
    Any one about the noise from the traffic since the Cosmo is right smack in a busy junction?

thanks,
    I wonder if anyone have a feel of the fair assessment of what would be the market clearing price for Cosmo now, in current market ?

I like Cosmo's location but I also like Rivergate ("RG") which recently TOPed. Considering the relative strength of RG's facilities, land plot and space within the condo compound (vs Cosmo, which really does not have much of anything to provide - small land plot and facilities are much limited), I am just hoping to seek some views from fellow forrummers on your thoughts on these both.

It appears RG is now asking for 1100-1250psf.
    Cosmo appears to be asking for 1300 psf??

How would you see this price gap and what is the market pricing in Cosmo giving its apparent slight edge over RG (assuming the prices I assumed above are correct- of course it could be wrong altogether).

Quote Originally Posted by watprice
    someone posted on Shareinvestor.com a desperate seller hit at 981psf

true or not

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    someone posted on Shareinvestor.com a desperate seller hit at 981psf

true or not
    ask that someone come here and post lah.

Well, I actually would rather stay in Cosmo , it looks more prestige and exclusive , also better location. Hence the premium over RG ppl pay

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog
    Well, I actually would rather stay in Cosmo , it looks more prestige and exclusive , also better location. Hence the premium over RG ppl pay
    Agt told me that Cosmo 3 bedrm mthly maintenance is $500+ whereas RG is ~$340 (confirmed with Capitaland). Agree that Cosmo architecture looks more grand. But in term of location, I think RG is better due to its quiet surrounding and beautiful landscaping. In term of facilities, RG is of course better. RG is actually only ~5mins walk to Great World City if you know how which wya to take.
    For Cosmo, if you were to buy high floor for the block facing The Trillium, pls note that the S'pore flyer's view from the balcony will not last for very long as the plot of land beside Cosmo currently occupied by ERC institute has been designated for residential. Thus expect the flyer view to blocked once another condo pop up.
    My advise is that before buying any property, pls checkout URA Master Plan 2008 on the plan for the surrounding.
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/mp08/map.jsf?goToRegion=SIN
    Hope the information can help you make a better decision between Comso vs RG.

Thanks Bro, it is very usefull info to know before buying decison..
    According this plan the RG is under "residential with 1st floor commercial" .. How come ? or are they gona put some commercial downstairs ?

The other thing RG is really lacking Gym facilities , such a tiny compartment with a few weight lifting machines for over 500 units not gonna work ..
    The Cosmo has a world class gym in there which I like a lot , it's like saving $500 a month on your Gym membership .. and normally as it only TOPed this year there will be some adjustments in maintenance in second year , so I am very sure it will be reduced . My other Condo went down in maintenance 15% on the second year after TOP ..

Ohh, and what is "Reserve Site" means in Master plan ?

Thanks Bro, it is very usefull info to know before buying decison..
    According this plan the RG is under "residential with 1st floor commercial" .. How come ? or are they gona put some commercial downstairs ?

The other thing RG is really lacking Gym facilities , such a tiny compartment with a few weight lifting machines for over 500 units not gonna work ..
    The Cosmo has a world class gym in there which I like a lot , it's like saving $500 a month on your Gym membership .. and normally as it only TOPed this year there will be some adjustments in maintenance in second year , so I am very sure it will be reduced . My other Condo went down in maintenance 15% on the second year after TOP ..
    I think you've not visited RG yet. RG has a backdoor facing Riverview hotel. The backdoor has a row of shops (~5) which will be tenanted out likely for restaurants or other commercial use.
    In additional to the smaller gym on the ground floor, there is a sky gym in blk 99 fully equipped comparable with Califonia gym on the 34th & 35th floor and with full city view & flyers view !!! You will be impressed by the night view.
    If you've seen the pool in the evening, you'll also be impressed by the luminous blue water which really stands out and shine at night.
    I suggest that you go on site, park your car just outside River Valley Primary school (along River Valley Close which is a no through rd) and walk round RG and ask the agt to bring up up to the sky gym. Seeing with your own eyes will be better. If you study URA plan in detail, River Valley Close will be further extended all the way to Kim Seng Rd and expect a new hotel to come up along this new road.
    Not sure if cosmo will reduce maintenance but since it has lesser units, it will not be cheap. I'm also impressed by Cosmo building when view from far. It really sparkles due to the wise color selection as compared to RG which uses too much metal structure and dull green color. Hope when the plants grow, it will really be a sky garden.
    If you've read Mah Bow Tan's speech 2 days ago, it sounds like URA will also be focusing on the S'pore River soon just like what they're doing for Marina Bay.
    "

There will be changes taking place within the URA as well, as the agency takes on new responsibilities beyond its master planning and development roles. Having taken charge of the branding and marketing aspects of Marina Bay, the URA will also begin to manage the Singapore River district in a similar fashion."

Hope this information helps.

Ohh, and what is "Reserve Site" means in Master plan ?
    I think Reserve Site means URA has not decided what to do with the land yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sltc
    I think Reserve Site means URA has not decided what to do with the land yet.
    so with the shops , restaurants will RG turn into another Anchorage ?

I think both Cosmo and RiverGate will be headed lower in prices in coming months
    The stock market has peaked again
    and people are losing their jobs
    Cosmo perhaps headed for 1000-ish
    as RG due to the rather pathetic lift system it is headed lower, IMHO can hit under 1000 psf

Nice...

I think both Cosmo and RiverGate will be headed lower in prices in coming months
    The stock market has peaked again
    and people are losing their jobs
    Cosmo perhaps headed for 1000-ish
    as RG due to the rather pathetic lift system it is headed lower, IMHO can hit under 1000 psf

errr.... what's wrong with the lift system huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tumi
    errr.... what's wrong with the lift system huh ?

if u want to rush off to work, taking the lift at RG is frustrating
    CapLand extracts a premium from us and has the audacity to give such low quality lifts

FYI, River Valley Close IS a through road connecting River Valley Rd and Martin Road,which goes to MS rd. 1 RVC is Urbana and 2 RVC is The Regalia.

if u want to rush off to work, taking the lift at RG is frustrating
    CapLand extracts a premium from us and has the audacity to give such low quality lifts
    To be honest, I find RG's quality is rather bad. No offense to RG's owners. The grey girders at the sky gardens or the grey metal-netted structure at the balconies of the apartments are quite poorly produced. The grey girders in fact do look at public road dividers or overhead bridge structures/support.... ....

The paintwork on these grey structures are also rather bad. They could have been blast painted or at least spray painted. If you take a close look, it is evident those are brush painted which is typically of public structures. In fact, most HDB and public paint works in the newer satellite towns are mostly spray paint!!

I am shocked by Capitaland considering they sold their units to the first buyers at >1500psf (3rd phase).

Sorry ah quite blur...is the cosmo freehold or 99 year?
    how about RG?

cosmopolitan is freehold. pls do not confuse cosmopolitan with cosmo, which is another condo in some godforsaken location.

rivergate is freehold as well.

Default Wanted: Cosmopolitan units for multiple purchase

Dear all,

My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. Cosmopolitan is one of their choice condo.

Their requirements are as follows:

1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
    2) Regular shaped interior;
    3) Attractive pricing;
    4) Floor Plan required;
    5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by richardsng_era
    Dear all,

My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. Cosmopolitan is one of their choice condo.

Their requirements are as follows:

1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
    2) Regular shaped interior;
    3) Attractive pricing;
    4) Floor Plan required;
    5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.
    richard, u should go and f*** your m*****. Spoilt all the thread with you stupid f*** advertisement

Since the thread was revived (but by agent) I thought I'll just share something about Cosmopolitan. I liked the place until I heard this from a friend whom I met up recently.

He told me it is a nice place but damn noisy, and his gf supported it without any hesitation. I thought maybe low floor lah. Then he told me he stayed on the 22nd fl!!! And they are a young couple, whom I thought might be more tolerant. Any other who share the same opinion? I was looking at the apts there recently.

noisy as in vehicle noise from the cross junction or some other sources?

Quote Originally Posted by tkc
    Since the thread was revived (but by agent) I thought I'll just share something about Cosmopolitan. I liked the place until I heard this from a friend whom I met up recently.

He told me it is a nice place but damn noisy, and his gf supported it without any hesitation. I thought maybe low floor lah. Then he told me he stayed on the 22nd fl!!! And they are a young couple, whom I thought might be more tolerant. Any other who share the same opinion? I was looking at the apts there recently.

higher floor can be noiser, cos noise propagates upwards.
    low floor may actually be less noisy.
    i guess noise is from irwell bank/river valley road junction, but s'pore so small, inadvertently will get some traffic noise, unless stay in some private estate

Noise from the road. Funnily, she commented coz they went to this gathering at a colleague's place which is a HDB, and she said that it is very nice and quiet unlike cosmopolitan.

i wonder what is going through these foreigners' minds - cosmopolitan cost millions but noisy, hdb cheap and quiet.

guess they like the air-con all day and like the proximity to orchard road.

Noise from the road. Funnily, she commented coz they went to this gathering at a colleague's place which is a HDB, and she said that it is very nice and quiet unlike cosmopolitan.

i wonder what is going through these foreigners' minds - cosmopolitan cost millions but noisy, hdb cheap and quiet.