Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51

Thread: Question on Murano and Estiva

  1. #1
    polityka Guest

    Default Question on Murano and Estiva

    I'm quite new to the property market so pardon my ignorance.

    I am intending to buy a property to rent out and have been looking at developments in Pasir Panjang. Two developments I am now focusing on are the Murano and the Estiva. The former seems to be asking for about $775psf while the latter is probably hovering around the $730psf to $750psf price range (these are all asking prices). These are prices for the so-called penthouses (3 bedrooms).

    To me, these prices seem relatively moderate but I could be mistaken. I would be grateful if anyone could kindly shed some light as to whether you think these two developments are good value at the current asking price.

    My view is that while the Murano seems to have better finishings, the Estiva's layout is better.

    Thanks guys.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    33

    Default

    personally I like Murano cos the building looks more modern & the developer Novelty uses only branded finishings for all their projects. if u are looking at the west coast highway facing units, they face the west coast park. however, the units are very tight and small.

    estiva also looks good but the problem is that the unit do not have a yard. I bet you've seen many units hanging clothes at the balcony? also there is a bus stop right in front of the project. personally i think it is very noisy. the back of the project faces pasir panjang wholesale market, so there is not much greenery to look at, should u be looking at units at this facing.

    good luck in yr search!

  3. #3
    polityka Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jt88
    personally I like Murano cos the building looks more modern & the developer Novelty uses only branded finishings for all their projects. if u are looking at the west coast highway facing units, they face the west coast park. however, the units are very tight and small.

    estiva also looks good but the problem is that the unit do not have a yard. I bet you've seen many units hanging clothes at the balcony? also there is a bus stop right in front of the project. personally i think it is very noisy. the back of the project faces pasir panjang wholesale market, so there is not much greenery to look at, should u be looking at units at this facing.

    good luck in yr search!
    My main problem with the penthouse unit I saw at the Murano was the layout. The living room is dark as the light sources are primarily at one end of the living room. Huge wall to your left as you walk in with the kitchen to the right. Also, I think it would have been better if they cut down the number of rooms. I know more rooms probably makes it more sellable but it just looks as if they tried to cram in as many rooms as possible. But the finishings and fittings are better than those in many other developments I have seen.

    Downstairs, the lap pool sort of puts me off as it just looks unsafe. I feel as if I will cut my legs on the sharp edges of the pool as I climb in as it is raised. Also, the kiddie playgound (which looks quite sad) is right next to a parking lot with no barriers. A tragedy waiting to happen.

    On the Estiva, I take your point about the lack of a yard but the penthouse unit I was looking at has plenty of balcony space if I need to hang any clothes, which I seldom do as I normally just use a dryer. Also noticed some BAD cracks on the walls.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polityka
    My main problem with the penthouse unit I saw at the Murano was the layout. The living room is dark as the light sources are primarily at one end of the living room. Huge wall to your left as you walk in with the kitchen to the right. Also, I think it would have been better if they cut down the number of rooms. I know more rooms probably makes it more sellable but it just looks as if they tried to cram in as many rooms as possible. But the finishings and fittings are better than those in many other developments I have seen.

    Downstairs, the lap pool sort of puts me off as it just looks unsafe. I feel as if I will cut my legs on the sharp edges of the pool as I climb in as it is raised. Also, the kiddie playgound (which looks quite sad) is right next to a parking lot with no barriers. A tragedy waiting to happen.

    On the Estiva, I take your point about the lack of a yard but the penthouse unit I was looking at has plenty of balcony space if I need to hang any clothes, which I seldom do as I normally just use a dryer. Also noticed some BAD cracks on the walls.

    which one gives u good vibes when u walked in?

    personally i prefer murano's layout. the long wall looks big now, but once u put in furniture or hang pictures on the wall, it'll be different. btw, based on past transactions of murano, looks like u've got quite a good deal. estiva has not exceed $700psf so far.

  5. #5
    Potential Murano Owner Guest

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by polityka
    I'm quite new to the property market so pardon my ignorance.

    I am intending to buy a property to rent out and have been looking at developments in Pasir Panjang. Two developments I am now focusing on are the Murano and the Estiva. The former seems to be asking for about $775psf while the latter is probably hovering around the $730psf to $750psf price range (these are all asking prices). These are prices for the so-called penthouses (3 bedrooms).

    To me, these prices seem relatively moderate but I could be mistaken. I would be grateful if anyone could kindly shed some light as to whether you think these two developments are good value at the current asking price.

    My view is that while the Murano seems to have better finishings, the Estiva's layout is better.

    Thanks guys.

    The price is OK but if you can afford such a budget, there are better developments to consider. We saw Murano but after driving there during the day and night, we concluded that the MRT is actually quite far away and Pasir Panjang Road is quite a narrow arterial road. Have you gone there during the night? It is quit dark and I don't think you will relish walking alone late at night. The finishing by the developer is excellent by any standards but ask yourself is there potential 5 years or 10 years down the road. The blocks are all quite near and we do not think the plot ratio could be increased any further. So our conclusion is that if you are buying to stay and you drive, it is probably OK but if you are looking for capital appreciation on a long term, we believe it is somewhat limited. Happy house hunting......

  6. #6
    Unregistered33332 Guest

    Default

    Saw the Murano, quite like the entire development and the pool. Did a check on the caveat lodge, the penthouses (abt 2045 sq ft) were initially launched and sold for avg $500 psf. So if u intend to get it at $700 psf, that is an awesome $400K profit going into the 1st owner's pocket. Gd luck!

  7. #7
    Unregistered33332 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered33332
    Saw the Murano, quite like the entire development and the pool. Did a check on the caveat lodge, the penthouses (abt 2045 sq ft) were initially launched and sold for avg $500 psf. So if u intend to get it at $700 psf, that is an awesome $400K profit going into the 1st owner's pocket. Gd luck!
    Sorry, threadstarter mentioned $775 psf which means $562K profit made by the 1st owner!!! Do u like to see pple laughing their way to the bank while u slog day and night just to cope with the hefty bank loan? Its ur life, ur money. U choose!

  8. #8
    qwq Guest

    Default

    Come on, nobody in the right state of mind is going to sell it to you at the price he bought it at i.e $500psf 2-3 years ago. Even bank valuation changes every month. Whoever got the guts to go in 3 years ago when mkt is bad should be rewarded, mkt rewards risk takers. What is impt is you should check what the valuation is now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered33332
    Saw the Murano, quite like the entire development and the pool. Did a check on the caveat lodge, the penthouses (abt 2045 sq ft) were initially launched and sold for avg $500 psf. So if u intend to get it at $700 psf, that is an awesome $400K profit going into the 1st owner's pocket. Gd luck!

  9. #9
    Unregistered9 Guest

    Default

    wah, every house owner buy and sell at their price they bought, who would still want to invest in Singapore properties? market would have collapse. every location in SG including little india and geylang have appreciated. livia in pasir ris is now selling at $640psf. this is pasir panjang freehold land leh....

  10. #10
    Unregistered33332 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwq
    Come on, nobody in the right state of mind is going to sell it to you at the price he bought it at i.e $500psf 2-3 years ago. Even bank valuation changes every month. Whoever got the guts to go in 3 years ago when mkt is bad should be rewarded, mkt rewards risk takers. What is impt is you should check what the valuation is now.
    Well, I am not saying one should not make a profit. Of cos no one in the right state of mind will sell at cost price. A decent $300K profit for an investment made 2 to 3 yrs ago is quite reasonale. Futhermore, the 1st owner dun even need to fork out full amt, just a 20% downpayment to turn over a $560K profit in 2 yrs is a lot!!!

    But I just feel sorry for or warn the buyer who is going to buy it and stay there for long. Or maybe the buyer has already made a hefty sum through previous property flips, then he doesn't mind pumping in free money back in.

    There is always pros and cons. I for one would not look at subsale. so many choices ard, why linger on one? Wait 2 -3 yrs down the road when the unit gets older, see if the price comes down???

  11. #11
    Unregistered33332 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered9
    wah, every house owner buy and sell at their price they bought, who would still want to invest in Singapore properties? market would have collapse. every location in SG including little india and geylang have appreciated. livia in pasir ris is now selling at $640psf. this is pasir panjang freehold land leh....
    Paying $775 psf for a 2045 sq ft penthouse = $1.58M. For the same amt of $, I can buy a new cluster terrace (2700 sq ft) or a landed property in the east side here all the fun comes together. Why linger on pasir panjang?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    103

    Default

    I think units are still available at Murano ... some asking prices ...

    23 Feb 09 S$ 1,300,000 S$ 639.13 psf (built-in) 2,034 sqft 4RM
    22 Feb 09 S$ 1,380,000 S$ 674.82 psf (built-in) 2,045 sqft 4RM 12 Feb 09 S$ 1,380,000 S$ 674.82 psf (built-in) 2,045 sqft 4RM
    12 Feb 09 S$ 1,380,000 S$ 678.47 psf (built-in) 2,034 sqft 4RM 12 Feb 09 S$ 980,000 S$ 632.26 psf (built-in) 1,550 sqft 3RM 05 Feb 09 S$ 720,000 S$ 675.42 psf (built-in) 1,066 sqft 3RM 05 Feb 09 S$ 1,380,000 S$ 678.47 psf (built-in) 2,034 sqft 4RM 04 Feb 09 S$ 1,380,000 S$ 674.82 psf (built-in) 2,045 sqft 4RM 02 Feb 09 S$ 1,380,000 S$ 674.82 psf (built-in) 2,045 sqft 4RM

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    i really thought that this thread was about cars

    Nissan Murano and Toyota Estima

    sorries

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    i really thought that this thread was about cars

    Nissan Murano and Toyota Estima

    sorries
    haha, got me as well

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered33332
    Paying $775 psf for a 2045 sq ft penthouse = $1.58M. For the same amt of $, I can buy a new cluster terrace (2700 sq ft) or a landed property in the east side here all the fun comes together. Why linger on pasir panjang?
    to each his own lah ... for fengshui reason, i wont stay east side ...

    also east side too populated ... is PP no potential for future development ..east side lagi no future

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x11
    I think units are still available at Murano ... some asking prices ...

    23 Feb 09 S$ 1,300,000 S$ 639.13 psf (built-in) 2,034 sqft 4RM
    22 Feb 09 S$ 1,380,000 S$ 674.82 psf (built-in) 2,045 sqft 4RM 12 Feb 09 S$ 1,380,000 S$ 674.82 psf (built-in) 2,045 sqft 4RM
    12 Feb 09 S$ 1,380,000 S$ 678.47 psf (built-in) 2,034 sqft 4RM 12 Feb 09 S$ 980,000 S$ 632.26 psf (built-in) 1,550 sqft 3RM 05 Feb 09 S$ 720,000 S$ 675.42 psf (built-in) 1,066 sqft 3RM 05 Feb 09 S$ 1,380,000 S$ 678.47 psf (built-in) 2,034 sqft 4RM 04 Feb 09 S$ 1,380,000 S$ 674.82 psf (built-in) 2,045 sqft 4RM 02 Feb 09 S$ 1,380,000 S$ 674.82 psf (built-in) 2,045 sqft 4RM
    Don't know if you have seen the layout at the Murano. I think the so-called penthouse units are horrid. Anyway, almost bought that Estiva unit back in Sept but the deal fell through at the last minute. Talk about a blessing in disguise.

    Heard that Grandhill is down to about $900psf. Keeping an eye on that one.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    191

    Default Surprised over Grandhill.

    Quote Originally Posted by polityka
    Don't know if you have seen the layout at the Murano. I think the so-called penthouse units are horrid. Anyway, almost bought that Estiva unit back in Sept but the deal fell through at the last minute. Talk about a blessing in disguise.

    Heard that Grandhill is down to about $900psf. Keeping an eye on that one.
    The news on Grandhill is really quite a surprised. I remembered there was a time I was rather interested in Grandhill for a while. I had an 3rd floor owner asking SGD1.5mio for a 1300sf apartment - 1153psf. And I understood it, he was still pretty adamant that prices are very reasonable (that was back in Dec 2008).

    Notwithstanding Icon and The Sail was already hitting the range of 1200psf at that time, I was rather surprised this particular owners view.

    I do wonder if he sold his apartment away eventually, and if yes, at what price.

    Grandhill at 900psf now, is a pleasant surprise.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DW
    The news on Grandhill is really quite a surprised. I remembered there was a time I was rather interested in Grandhill for a while. I had an 3rd floor owner asking SGD1.5mio for a 1300sf apartment - 1153psf. And I understood it, he was still pretty adamant that prices are very reasonable (that was back in Dec 2008).

    Notwithstanding Icon and The Sail was already hitting the range of 1200psf at that time, I was rather surprised this particular owners view.

    I do wonder if he sold his apartment away eventually, and if yes, at what price.

    Grandhill at 900psf now, is a pleasant surprise.
    Couple of units I saw are asking for 1.2mil for 1300sqft, but that's still too high in my view, especially when the touted sea view is that of smoking chimneys and containers. 800psf (or less) is probably more realistic at this point.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default Murano

    The initial Launch for Murano Penthse was average at 570psf so actually after 3 years, you are paying 600-650psf is ok, especially is in District 5 and FREEHOLD!!!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Just gotten my keys for Murano yesterday after waiting for 3 months for the legal transaction to done deal!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkromeo
    Just gotten my keys for Murano yesterday after waiting for 3 months for the legal transaction to done deal!
    why so long ? i thot aleady TOPfor awhile ??

    and have seen advert of some units for sale and rent ...

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default

    oh just got my keys last week! but need to do defects recification ....

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Hi darkromeo,

    i got my keys recently as well.....are you staying there or renting it out?

    Cheers

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default

    staying there...now sorting out with Novelty on the defects check and also sourcing for ID for renovation

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Hi darkromeo,

    cool man looks like we will be neighbour soon......me too talking to my ID guy to do up the house here and there....should be moving in soon.. latest in end May....you?

    Cheers

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkromeo
    The initial Launch for Murano Penthse was average at 570psf so actually after 3 years, you are paying 600-650psf is ok, especially is in District 5 and FREEHOLD!!!
    Those interested, pls go take a look at the development, what kind of "pool", "playground" they have and what kind of space there is. Pay the penthouse a visit during afternoon time. You'll know straight away, i guarantee you, whether 650 or even 600psf is worth it.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mezz72sg
    Those interested, pls go take a look at the development, what kind of "pool", "playground" they have and what kind of space there is. Pay the penthouse a visit during afternoon time. You'll know straight away, i guarantee you, whether 650 or even 600psf is worth it.
    i saw comments that its narrow and dark ??

    i saw a huge PH at Stellar ..really bright and breezy .. though near the junction ..its not noisy .. though the master bedroom is a little small ...the 4th bedoom on second floor is big and ensuite ...its the biggest PH there

    you might want to consider that one instead ..heard selling just below 700 psf ...

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i saw comments that its narrow and dark ??

    i saw a huge PH at Stellar ..really bright and breezy .. though near the junction ..its not noisy .. though the master bedroom is a little small ...the 4th bedoom on second floor is big and ensuite ...its the biggest PH there

    you might want to consider that one instead ..heard selling just below 700 psf ...
    Stellar is Condominium classification but Murano is Apartment classification. I think Murano fail the 45000sqft cut or the common/resid ratio can't make it. If both same price with equal amenities nearby, Stellar will be a much better choice anytime.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Stellar is Condominium classification but Murano is Apartment classification. I think Murano fail the 45000sqft cut or the common/resid ratio can't make it. If both same price with equal amenities nearby, Stellar will be a much better choice anytime.
    oh i didnt know murano is apt ... ? hhhmm estiva also ?

    whats yur view of [email protected] ...? i like the location .. owns the whole hill .. roll down the hill ..cross a 2 lane road to MRT station ... only concern is ...next to Haw Par villa ... someone commented ..like living next to hell

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    oh i didnt know murano is apt ... ? hhhmm estiva also ?

    whats yur view of [email protected] ...? i like the location .. owns the whole hill .. roll down the hill ..cross a 2 lane road to MRT station ... only concern is ...next to Haw Par villa ... someone commented ..like living next to hell
    Yes, both Murano and Estiva are Apartment Classifications.

    IMHO, [email protected] is for retiree. And only less than 20% units facing the sea worth buying. Is it MCL? They did pretty good job. But my greatest regret is not committing Carribien back in the years when I was offered a 800psf of distress sale.

    For the MRT, don't bother it unless you prepare to walk up and down the hill. Unless the distance is really walk-able like Caspian & Centris, else driving 5 mins, 8 mins or 10mins don't make any diff anymore. You still have to drive.

Similar Threads

  1. Question on HDB/PC ownership....??
    By radha08 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 29
    -: 18-02-14, 13:16
  2. The burning question for F&N
    By reporter2 in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 0
    -: 14-08-12, 20:27
  3. Burning question....
    By radha08 in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 18
    -: 15-04-12, 12:18
  4. To buy or not to buy, that is the question
    By mr funny in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 25-08-11, 02:23
  5. The Estiva
    By gsurin in forum District 5
    Replies: 35
    -: 05-08-09, 10:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •