Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Grand Duchess at St Patrick's (D15, Freehold, UIC)

Default To Laguna

Hi, you mean the keys collection letter will be out this Friday, correct?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Yes, called the developer letter wil be out this foe key collection
    Wow..thanks! Looking forward to this Friday!

We going to launch The Sound on friday, if you still want to have a sneak just msg me at 91981715. Cheer.

Hi folks, any owners here wanting to sell 4 bedroom unit here? Pls PM me if you are.

Thanks.

received the TOP letter from the lawyer today, very nice.

Default To Katong

May I know your block & stack number?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by kongming17
    May I know your block & stack number?

Thanks in advance
    perhaps invite us there to have a look as well

just collected key
    this project is beautiful and finishing is superb
    all the landscape is very nicely done up

The Sound is transacted at close to $1500 psf while Duchess is only going for $1200psf.

Duchess is in a superb location with close access to East Coast Road and Marine Terrace where the FC and Market is only a stone's throw away.

With the announcement by LTA in 2012/2013 on the exact location of the Telok Kurau MRT station, which is most likely in Marine Terrace, Duchess together with the other condos in St Pat Road will definitely see price increase of another 20%. Just imagine how much profit you would enjoy had you bought Duchess during the initial launch.

Congrats to all the new owners of the stretch of new condos in St Pat Road.

MRT at Marine Terrace? Where did u get this info from bro?
    I would think there is a remote possibility.
    Higher chance that it would be at around PP area imo.

PP is the main station known as Marine Parade Station. There is also another station along Marine Parade Road, which is tentatively named as Telok Kurau Station followed by Siglap station in Siglap.

Please refer to another thread, Eastern Region Line.

If you are of the condo owners along St Pat Road, hang on to your property.

Agree that the finishing, layout and landscaping are all superb. Very beautiful, not congested at all. The Clubhouse is also very nice. One of the best condo/apartment that I have seen.....

And strangely, the psf price for GD is about 15% below The Sound, despite its superiority in terms of location, land area, clubhouse, landscaping, underground carpark etc...

Quote Originally Posted by kongming17
    Agree that the finishing, layout and landscaping are all superb. Very beautiful, not congested at all. The Clubhouse is also very nice. One of the best condo/apartment that I have seen.....

And strangely, the psf price for GD is about 15% below The Sound, despite its superiority in terms of location, land area, clubhouse, landscaping, underground carpark etc...

just fyi, the sound has much smaller units than GD, where the smallest unit is 1389sqft, if i remember correctly.

must remember to compare in perspective.

Agree that GD's 3 bedders are slightly bigger (ranging from 1356 to 1410 sq ft), compared to around 1200 sq ft for The Sound.

But all the prime pool facing units for the Sound are not out yet, once those are out in the market, I believe the difference in psf price between GD and The Sound will easily exceed 20%.

Cheers!

1400psf is likely for the small 1BR or 2BR units at the sound. just look at the advertisements posted on this forums. larger units should have lower psf. hence, it's unlikely that there's a 20% price premium over GD. if there ever was, prices would have creeped upwards in a free market since there's no reason GD owners should sell at a discount, notwitholding reasons unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    1400psf is likely for the small 1BR or 2BR units at the sound. just look at the advertisements posted on this forums. larger units should have lower psf. hence, it's unlikely that there's a 20% price premium over GD. if there ever was, prices would have creeped upwards in a free market since there's no reason GD owners should sell at a discount, notwitholding reasons unknown.
    Hey guys, sorry to dig up another old thread.

I drove past this condo the other day and it left a very good impression on me. I was quite surprised too to find out that the clubhouse is an award winning design. What are you thoughts about this place? Any idea what the prices are like now?

Quote Originally Posted by tiverton18
    The Sound is transacted at close to $1500 psf while Duchess is only going for $1200psf.

Duchess is in a superb location with close access to East Coast Road and Marine Terrace where the FC and Market is only a stone's throw away.

With the announcement by LTA in 2012/2013 on the exact location of the Telok Kurau MRT station, which is most likely in Marine Terrace, Duchess together with the other condos in St Pat Road will definitely see price increase of another 20%. Just imagine how much profit you would enjoy had you bought Duchess during the initial launch.

Congrats to all the new owners of the stretch of new condos in St Pat Road.
    Its subjective to say that GD is a better location than The Sound. To me I feel The Sound is better as it is close to the prime district of Amber and Meyer Road which is the Orchard Rd of District 15, whereas GD is nearer to Marine Parade and the HDB estates. In addition, The Sound is nearer to Parkway Parade and the upcoming Katong Mall, in addition to the new mrt line.

The Sound offers higher floors with better views of city and landed properties whereas GD is a low floor development.

Nevertheless, GD has its own unique attributes too like the beautiful conservation house which adds the value of this development.

I think you mean The Shore, which is a 103 leasehold condo, also sold by FEO. The Shore, formerly Rose Garden, is directly opposite Katong Shopping Centre.

The Sound, developed by FEO, is situated at Lor N and East Coast Road, adjacent to St Patrick's Road where GD is located.

Quote Originally Posted by tiverton18
    I think you mean The Shore, which is a 103 leasehold condo, also sold by FEO. The Shore, formerly Rose Garden, is directly opposite Katong Shopping Centre.

The Sound, developed by FEO, is situated at Lor N and East Coast Road, adjacent to St Patrick's Road where GD is located.
    Yup sorry got mixed up on FEO projects...I m referring to The Shore..obviously its better location than GD but when compares to The Sound, it is equally as good as GD.

I guess FEO knows how to mark up their projects...and surprisingly there are still buyers.

Saw this news from the CNA forum, GD's neighbour St Patrick's Garden is up for En-Bloc. Future psf price will be higher than $1,440 if the current owners of St Pat Garden get what they want....

On the dull side, I'm staying at GD so must be prepared for all the noises, dust...etc...

-------------------------

28 June 2011

St Patrick's Garden sits on a 137,559 sq ft freehold site, which is regular in shape with dual road frontages.

Indicative asking price for the site, which currently houses 98 units, is about $188 million, or $888 per sq ft per plot ratio, including the additional 10 per cent allowed for balcony space.

Colliers said that development charges may not be payable due to the site's high historical base. A development baseline enquiry has been submitted to the Urban Redevelopment Authority to ascertain this.

Based on the indicative price of $188 million, the breakeven price for St Patrick's Garden will be about $1,440 per sq ft.

St Patrick's Garden is zoned for residential use with an allowable gross plot ratio of 1.4.

The site can be re-developed into a five-storey residential development accommodating some 176 units of 1,200 sq ft each.

The current owners are expected to receive between $1.55 million and $2.1 million, depending on the size of their unit.

The tender will close on July 28, 2011.

-----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Yup sorry got mixed up on FEO projects...I m referring to The Shore..obviously its better location than GD but when compares to The Sound, it is equally as good as GD.

I guess FEO knows how to mark up their projects...and surprisingly there are still buyers.
    There is no way near of The Sound compared to GD.
    The Sound is all ground floor carpark, whereas GD is basement carpart.

Dun talk about the Club House and the unique bungalow as well.
    GD is accessable from both MP road and East Coast Rd, nearer to market and schools. and I believe the MRT as well.

GD is such a wonderful project and i sold it for only $700+ psf...sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    There is no way near of The Sound compared to GD.

GD is accessable from both MP road and East Coast Rd, nearer to market and schools. and I believe the MRT as well.

GD is such a wonderful project and i sold it for only $700+ psf...sad...
    its nice but no tennis courts!!

Guess it was sold few yr back, it a nice projt .
    Mrt should be nearby.

QUOTE=Laguna]There is no way near of The Sound compared to GD.

GD is such a wonderful project and i sold it for only $700+ psf...sad...[/QUOTE]