Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grand Duchess at St Patrick's (D15, Freehold, UIC)

Default TOP

Looking at the progress of GD, i think earliest to TOP will be 1st Q of 2010 already.

Default TOP 1st Qtr 2010

Yes, I agree. Not much changes to the appearance for the past 2 months. Will be lucky to TOP in 1Q2010.

Anyway, I don't mind them taking more time as long as they are trying to do a good job. This project just received the Best Condo/Apartment Award, and thus it will be embarassing for the developer if the job is not nicely done.

Agree with you that there's no hurry to TOP.
    Anyway if TOP early 1st Q 2010 will be difficult to do renovation as its CNY time and some workers may not be around.

Default Selling my Grand Duchess

I'm selling my Grand Duchess unit.
    Any buyers keen please pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by terence
    I'm selling my Grand Duchess unit.
    Any buyers keen please pm me.
    What is your stack?

2 units just breached 1000psft.....

Address Tenure PSF Area Sqft Price Contract Date
    130 St. Patrick'S Road #02-06 Freehold $1008 1389 $1400k 14 Sep 09
    132 St. Patrick'S Road #01-10 Freehold $1000 1518 $1518k 11 Aug 09

stack 12, 3bedroom.

stack 12, 3bedroom.
    My relative just bought a 3 bedroom unit (1356 sqft) 2 weeks ago at $900psf. But this unit is facing Marine Parade Rd. I think 900 sqft is a fair price. >$1000psf is too high a price to pay for a small development without full condo facilities. Anyone knows if there will be traffic problem at the main gate during early morning school hour ?

the latest trx price from URA site is around 1k psf

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    the latest trx price from URA site is around 1k psf
    Latest transactions will take a while (maybe 1 - 2 mths) to be updated in URA wesbite. I believe some property agents may have access to the latest transactions for Grand Duchess. It will be good if they can share with us.

Are you sure it's 900psf for sure... share with us which unit?
    I don't think any owners will sell GD at that kind pf price.
    IMO, its the best FH condo development in ST Pat's and TK area.

Stack 20.
    Not so convenient to review the actual unit here. Agree that GD is a better development there but need to compromise on a few points. Main entrance just beside St Pat sec school. May have problem getting in/out during school hr. Also most of the blocks are too close to each other which is not so good in term of privacy. The project is taking so long to build is probably due to the club house. Imagine digging an underground carpark while not affecting the structure of the 2 old villas. This is very challenging and has to be done slowly. But I think this is still a good project in this area.

you can get actual transacted data and the unit number at www.streetsine.com
    internet is free, information is free. Singapore is a transparent country!

My friend had been trying to get a 3-bedroom unit since August. He went from agent to agent but most owners were asking for 1000psf and above. I think he offered to buy #01-10 @ $950 but was turned down. The unit subsequently sold for $1000 psf (size 1518 sq ft), and it's a ground floor unit with huge patio space. This transaction is now shown on URA website.

To buy at $900 psf is a good price! Since the size is 1356 sq ft, the unit must be either 2nd floor or higher. It also means that the seller's agent must have been sleeping on the job. I think my friend offered about $930 to $950 psf on average for most 3-bedders (for about 2 months already) but was not successful. And because he had contacted so many agents (at least 8 or 9, I think), his "offers" must have been "floating" around in the market for the past 2 months.

I just went over to look at the progress of GD this morning. Sadly not much changes, now I doubt the project can be completed in Q1.

Bro, agree with you somehow. Probably March 2010 earliest. Stacks 13, 14, 19 and 20 still works in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by kongming17
    My friend had been trying to get a 3-bedroom unit since August. He went from agent to agent but most owners were asking for 1000psf and above. I think he offered to buy #01-10 @ $950 but was turned down. The unit subsequently sold for $1000 psf (size 1518 sq ft), and it's a ground floor unit with huge patio space. This transaction is now shown on URA website.

To buy at $900 psf is a good price! Since the size is 1356 sq ft, the unit must be either 2nd floor or higher. It also means that the seller's agent must have been sleeping on the job. I think my friend offered about $930 to $950 psf on average for most 3-bedders (for about 2 months already) but was not successful. And because he had contacted so many agents (at least 8 or 9, I think), his "offers" must have been "floating" around in the market for the past 2 months.

I just went over to look at the progress of GD this morning. Sadly not much changes, now I doubt the project can be completed in Q1.

I also think $900psf is a good price. Most buyers will prefer to wait and hold back their purchase since mkt has started to cool down. Also interest rate will likely go up by Jun next year. Thus I think most investors will likely want to sell off their units now rather than wait as there is a risk of interest rate hike affecting mkt sentiment further. This is just my personal opinion. No one knows which way property price will go from here. If you make enough profit, should just let go and move on. Paper gain is not real gain and may disappear overnite as the mkt cycle is getting shorter and shorter. An agent just reminded me of St Pat's school bell ringing at ~7.30am. Not sure if you will hear it from GD.

Property prices usually lagged the stock market. The stock market is currently in a consolidation phase with many brokerage houses opined that there will be a healthy correction of 10 to 15% downwards before the next leg up. I am a strong believer that the STI has got the room for more advances especially in the coming year. Hence i'm very optimistic about the Singapore property market. My opinion is that unless you are a short term investor, no investor will cash out at this paltry $900 level, not for GD. Interest rate cycle on the uptrend next year only signal one thing, that the overall world economic environment is improving. And what does it meant for property prices, my guess is as good as yours.

Property prices usually lagged the stock market. The stock market is currently in a consolidation phase with many brokerage houses opined that there will be a healthy correction of 10 to 15% downwards before the next leg up. I am a strong believer that the STI has got the room for more advances especially in the coming year. Hence i'm very optimistic about the Singapore property market. My opinion is that unless you are a short term investor, no investor will cash out at this paltry $900 level, not for GD. Interest rate cycle on the uptrend next year only signal one thing, that the overall world economic environment is improving. And what does it meant for property prices, my guess is as good as yours.
    I totally agree with you if you're a long term investor and has holding power. I'm refering to property speculators. Don't be greedy and cash out once it meets your target. For GD, I think most buyers bought at low psf during launch and probably has strong holding power. There maybe some who bought from subsale mkt at a higher price. If you've holding power and are able to sleep well at night from your property investment, good, pls continue to hold. If you're unable to sleep well and worried about interest rate hike and mkt correction in the near term that will erode your profit, I suggest you sell. Anything can happen in the next few mths. Personally, I think most working class S'poreans' income is not able to sustain the current sky high property prices once the interest starts to go up. Why take the risk if you're able to cash out and keep the handsome profit now. This is my personal view.

Check out URA website on the latest transation for Grand Duchess, $900psf. No bullshit.
    GRAND DUCHESS AT ST PATRICK'S ST. PATRICK'S ROADCondominium11,220,4001,356Strata900Oct-09

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by sltc
    Check out URA website on the latest transation for Grand Duchess, $900psf. No bullshit.
    GRAND DUCHESS AT ST PATRICK'S ST. PATRICK'S ROADCondominium11,220,4001,356Strata900Oct-09
    The caveat was lodged in Oct 09 but when was the transaction (i.e. purchase/sale) done?
    Purchased during launch years ago?
    Subsale/resale done months ago or recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    The caveat was lodged in Oct 09 but when was the transaction (i.e. purchase/sale) done?
    Anyway it's stack 20. Lousy stack, one thing I notice abt lousy stack is that buying is easy selling is hard.

This deal was closed recently in Oct'09.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by sltc
    This deal was closed recently in Oct'09.
    This $900 psf must be a subsale then.

What is the original buying price for "136 St. Patrick's Road #03-20"?

This $900 psf must be a subsale then.

What is the original buying price for "136 St. Patrick's Road #03-20"?
    Grand Duchess At St Patrick's

136, St. Patrick's Road #03-20 (1,356 sf)

23 Oct, 2009 $1,220,400 @ $900 psf

19 Dec, 2006 $987,470 @ $728 psf

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Grand Duchess At St Patrick's

136, St. Patrick's Road #03-20 (1,356 sf)

23 Oct, 2009 $1,220,400 @ $900 psf

19 Dec, 2006 $987,470 @ $728 psf

150k for 3 years....
    pay of average joe

Its just beside MP road and has west sun.
    Perhaps the buyer dont care about these factors.

Its just beside MP road and has west sun.
    Perhaps the buyer dont care about these factors.

Main issue is MONEY. Not factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Main issue is MONEY. Not factors.
    Looks like many people not aware that Tao Nan may be relocating soon. Basing on MOE's requirement, all primary school to turn single session.
    Tao Nan which is having duo session now, will need a much bigger premises to house their growing student populations. The current land has no room for expansion any more.
    This is going to hit D15 prices. And GD will be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by lgk24
    Looks like many people not aware that Tao Nan may be relocating soon. Basing on MOE's requirement, all primary school to turn single session.
    Tao Nan which is having duo session now, will need a much bigger premises to house their growing student populations. The current land has no room for expansion any more.
    Where is tao nan moving to?

Quote Originally Posted by lgk24
    Kindly quote the source you had the information from...Else u will be quoted as just spreading rumours in the hope of depressing D15 prices. Ai Tong also has got no more land to expand. But wat are they doing to convert to single session school.