Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grand Duchess at St Patrick's (D15, Freehold, UIC)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123456
    Conversely, with the stock mkt down recently, the next best substitute is to invest in property.
    Actually, the next best substitute is NOT to invest in physical properties BUT rather in property stocks.

Stocks are easier to transact and will have greater rebound on recovery. The physical property prices will need greater momentum to move upwards again.....and not anytime soon.

However the timing to get into the stock market is not now.....I am told that property prices and the property stocks still have some more correction before they can be considered as 'BUY'.

kudos to you. Guest

Hi! So far nothing from the sales committee. I last asked someone in the condo MC what's happening she said nothing cuz no one's willing to take up this project in the current situation so that's good news for me actually. After taking up so much time to renovate the whole house, am really quite happy staying here for a while.I think when people in condo say they feel it's a downgrade to live in HDB, i understand. Every afternoon when i've nothing to do, i go to the gym, have a swim. Neighbours are friendly. It's really a boom staying in this kind of environment.As for the prices, i'm also starting to look again. May not even buy anything till 5 years or more since the last time after 1997, it took more than 5 years to bottom out. Hopefully this rescue package makes things even worse for US, then it's really shopping time! Yeah!As for those who are suffering in this coming recession, am really sorry. Not my intention to irritate you. Just happy i get to do what i wanted to for a while but the sky rocketing prices last year really threw everything out of the window.For those who are over stretch am sure if they survive this episode, they will come out of this much better than everyone else, so hang on.

tie your neak Guest

All you losers talk so much cock also will not stop condo prices from falling.
    Singapore will go into recession and all your properties will go under water.
    Get a rope ready to tie around your neaks.

tie ur own neck Guest

hey clown, go tie ur own neck n jump off a buildng coz u r losing ur job soon. I think u r mre worried than a lot of cndo owners here coz u dont even have enuf to pay ur hdb mortgage
    Quote Originally Posted by tie your neak
    All you losers talk so much cock also will not stop condo prices from falling.
    Singapore will go into recession and all your properties will go under water.
    Get a rope ready to tie around your neaks.

Investor123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Real Estate Pundit
    Actually, the next best substitute is NOT to invest in physical properties BUT rather in property stocks.

Stocks are easier to transact and will have greater rebound on recovery. The physical property prices will need greater momentum to move upwards again.....and not anytime soon.
    Diff school of thought - Stock prices in the short term will not rally up. Company earnings will not improve in the medium term bec of poor public sentiments. Every single company is trying to control cost spending now.

Property developers will start to panick and try all means to reduce risk exposure by fire sale now.

Investors, in particular, equity firms will start looking for ways to park their money instead of bonds and stocks so the only thing is commodities - oil, gold and property.

Good time to buy now or not, u decide, but by the time most people knows its good time to buy property, property prices oredi has gone up.

lhr Guest

those ppl that thinks property prices will hold during stock mkt decline n recession pls stop dreaming. When hs that ever happen in history? Ppl wud be dumping properties. Look at tis wkend classified, the asking prices r already clearly lower.

Q2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lhr
    those ppl that thinks property prices will hold during stock mkt decline n recession pls stop dreaming. When hs that ever happen in history? Ppl wud be dumping properties. Look at tis wkend classified, the asking prices r already clearly lower.
    Maybe they lower their selling to buy Reflection?
    Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name ................ Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Reflections @ Keppel Bay . RCR ........ 8 ............................... 2,367 ............. 2,086 ........... 1,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Supporter
    Wow! $2,367psf!

Prof Lilian Ng (NBS, NTU) Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Q2
    Maybe they lower their selling to buy Reflection?
    Are we near the kind of economic difficulty faced during the Great Depression? The US economy today is much stronger than it was in 1929 and the fundamentals are still pretty strong regardless of the crisis we're in.

If you look at the numbers, they are so dramatically different. GDP growth in the US is about 1% and I'm sure it will fall but it is nothing like the -27% during the Great Depression. Unemployment is about 6.1%, but during the Great Depression it was 25%.

Today's world is very different from the Great Depression period - there is greater linkage between fiscal policies and the economy than before and all policymakers are working together. So we are not even close to the level of difficulties faced then.

registered1234 Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Lilian Ng (NBS, NTU)
    Are we near the kind of economic difficulty faced during the Great Depression? The US economy today is much stronger than it was in 1929 and the fundamentals are still pretty strong regardless of the crisis we're in.

If you look at the numbers, they are so dramatically different. GDP growth in the US is about 1% and I'm sure it will fall but it is nothing like the -27% during the Great Depression. Unemployment is about 6.1%, but during the Great Depression it was 25%.

Today's world is very different from the Great Depression period - there is greater linkage between fiscal policies and the economy than before and all policymakers are working together. So we are not even close to the level of difficulties faced then.
    Thanx Prof Lilian, this is very enlightening. NOW I believe all the talks about recession is not true.

dun think all this downturn is really true

I think the rich want to squeeze every cent

out of it only

Look at the stock market

Every monday and tue will go up

then wed to friday will drop down one

Think of it

Why those so call top notch guys always said market downturn

everything so negative

Think of it , arent they pay to make money for the company?

Arent they should be talking something about up the market

U decide

Unregistered12345 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by registered1234
    Thanx Prof Lilian, this is very enlightening. NOW I believe all the talks about recession is not true.
    I think you have misunderstood Prof Lilian or you are in dreamland. She did not say there is NO recession, just that it may not be as bad as the Great Depression and that with appropriate assistance and cooperation of the goverments around the world, the difficulties may not be too bad.

Just saw a news article that confirms Singapore is in a recession so that's bad news. On the other hand, I do believe our government is well equiped to help Singapore through the tough times.

Reuters - Wednesday, October 22SINGAPORE, Oct 21 - Singapore's parliament voted on Tuesday to amend the city-state's constitution to allow the government more access to the country's reserves to cope with a faltering economy, local media reported.

The changes to the constitution will allow the government to draw on more returns from investing the reserves, so that its income can keep pace with rising expenditure, reported the pro-government newspaper The Straits Times on its website.

Official flash estimates showed this month that Singapore's economy contracted at an annualised rate of 6.3 percent in the third quarter after seasonal adjustments, pushing the export dependent economy into recession for the first time since 2002.

"We have the resources to do this and we have the resilience to see ourselves through," Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was quoted by The Straits Times as telling parliament.

Lee also said that the government was preparing measures to help businesses, families and workers cope with the downturn. State broadcaster ChannelNewsAsia reported that the extra funds would be spent on research and development projects and medical care for the aged.

CIMB economist Song Seng Wun said the move gave the government more options to deal with a gloomy economic outlook.

"It will give them the flexibility to use the funds for a rainy day and I think a rainy day may be upon us," Song said.

The global financial crisis has led Singapore to announce last week it will guarantee all local and foreign currency deposits in banks, finance companies and investment banks operating in the city-state with immediate effect, backed by S$150 billion government reserves.

Economies across Asia are set to slow this year as the financial crisis threatens to push developed nations into recession, depressing demand for Asian exports.

Unregistered12345 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buy

out of it only

Look at the stock market

Think of it

everything so negative

U decide
    Unfortunately, the stock market has fallen almost 50% in a short span of time. Sad to say, the up is only up for a little bit, and the down is down a lot. Sort of like 1 step forward and 3 step backwards.

Making money, buy and sell in every industry boils down to basic economics. Assuming I own a clothes store, what can I do if nobody wants to buy? How do I make money then? Give discount and end up losing money?

If only things can be so easy. I wish there was a quick solution but I doubt it.

registered1234 Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by buy

out of it only

Look at the stock market

Think of it

everything so negative

U decide
    Thanx buy, you are so smart. NOW I strongly believe all the talks about recession will not happen at all!! what is your surname ? buy ?

registered1234 Guest

Smile

no,no, not true. not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered12345
    I think you have misunderstood Prof Lilian or you are in dreamland. She did not say there is NO recession, just that it may not be as bad as the Great Depression and that with appropriate assistance and cooperation of the goverments around the world, the difficulties may not be too bad.

Just saw a news article that confirms Singapore is in a recession so that's bad news. On the other hand, I do believe our government is well equiped to help Singapore through the tough times.

Reuters - Wednesday, October 22SINGAPORE, Oct 21 - Singapore's parliament voted on Tuesday to amend the city-state's constitution to allow the government more access to the country's reserves to cope with a faltering economy, local media reported.

The changes to the constitution will allow the government to draw on more returns from investing the reserves, so that its income can keep pace with rising expenditure, reported the pro-government newspaper The Straits Times on its website.

Official flash estimates showed this month that Singapore's economy contracted at an annualised rate of 6.3 percent in the third quarter after seasonal adjustments, pushing the export dependent economy into recession for the first time since 2002.

"We have the resources to do this and we have the resilience to see ourselves through," Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was quoted by The Straits Times as telling parliament.

Lee also said that the government was preparing measures to help businesses, families and workers cope with the downturn. State broadcaster ChannelNewsAsia reported that the extra funds would be spent on research and development projects and medical care for the aged.

CIMB economist Song Seng Wun said the move gave the government more options to deal with a gloomy economic outlook.

"It will give them the flexibility to use the funds for a rainy day and I think a rainy day may be upon us," Song said.

The global financial crisis has led Singapore to announce last week it will guarantee all local and foreign currency deposits in banks, finance companies and investment banks operating in the city-state with immediate effect, backed by S$150 billion government reserves.

Economies across Asia are set to slow this year as the financial crisis threatens to push developed nations into recession, depressing demand for Asian exports.

Unregistered12345 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by registered1234
    no,no, not true. not true.
    I wish I wish its not true too

What? Guest

I know we forecasted technical recession for Q3 2008. Unless the final figures are different, we can assume we are in a technical recession in Q3 2008.

Which part of the article says we are in recession?
    You mean 3% growth for 2008 is recession?

UnregĄstered Guest

Did Prof Lilian Ng says the US is in recession? She didn't say yes nor no. She only says US has a 1% growth.

Will the US go into a recession? Maybe? Maybe not? I don't know. I know they are trying to avoid that. Can they do it? I don't know.

I know:
    1% growth is not recession.
    -1% growth is recession.

Unregistered12345 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by What?
    I know we forecasted technical recession for Q3 2008. Unless the final figures are different, we can assume we are in a technical recession in Q3 2008.

Which part of the article says we are in recession?
    You mean 3% growth for 2008 is recession?

Third paragraph of the article says recession:

RegĄstered Guest

The word recession was used wrongly in the article. It should have read technical recession. "It is estimated that Singapore is in technical recession in the third quarter ......"

This is because Singapore is not in recession. The growth of our first 3 quarters is positive. Unless there is negative growth then we are in recession.

IBD Guest

Are Singaporean so ignorant?

They don't even know whether the country is in recession or not? Just because Reuters mistyped "technical recession" with "recession", everyone believes we are in recession?

Q3 growth is lower than Q2 growth. Q2 growth is lower than Q1 growth. Since there are 2 quarters of contraction, Singapore is in "technical recession".

The growth for the first 3 quarters is +3.3%, i.e. we are not in a "recession".

Boyboy Guest

But if no recession then how to get my Esta at 700psf. I don't mind low floor or bad stack. Just 700psf will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyboy
    But if no recession then how to get my Esta at 700psf. I don't mind low floor or bad stack. Just 700psf will do.

Even recession also hard to get at 700psf. Btw claymore only 2 transactions this year.

Financial Crisis! Guest

Quote of the month!

This is worse than a divorce! I've lost more than half my networth and I still have a wife!

Miow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    Did Prof Lilian Ng says the US is in recession? She didn't say yes nor no. She only says US has a 1% growth.

Will the US go into a recession? Maybe? Maybe not? I don't know. I know they are trying to avoid that. Can they do it? I don't know.

I know:
    1% growth is not recession.
    -1% growth is recession.
    Don't get too obsessed with the word "recession". What's more important is job creation and the unemployment rate. Unemployment rate remains at low at 2.2% in 3Q08. While the number of new jobs created (57,800) was lower than 2Q08's, it equaled to 3Q07's. Despite global financial crisis and stock market meltdown, Singapore's job market is still holding up, at least for the time being. Singapore's first integrated resort kick-started its staff recruitment 2 weeks ago and is slated to employ some 10,000 people. Inclduing the "multiplier effect", the new employment per integrated resort could be 20,000 to 30,000. The first integrated resort is scheduled for soft opening in 2009 and the second one in 2010. 2008 is not 1998!

Default TOP

Any idea when this project will TOP? The construction progress seems very slow...

This one near to St Pat's rite? Maybe developer no money

Quote Originally Posted by aussieblues
    Any idea when this project will TOP? The construction progress seems very slow...
    When is the legal completion date?

Actually, it's in the interest of the developer to complete any project as soon as possibile (once development is fully sold). That way, they can collect all the sales proceeds (I guess this was sold under the DPS).

It seems it will need at least a year before it could be completed nicely. Any idea how's the quality of the contractor?

Quote Originally Posted by BENTLY
    Definition of Sale:

900 psf = Huge Profitable Sale
    800 psf = Profitable Sale
    700 psf = Developer Sale
    600 psf = Lelong Sale
    500 psf = Fire Sale
    400 psf = No Sale

Any owners or agents here have unit (not ground floor) for sale at developer price? Prefer 3 bedrooms.

Serious buyer. Please PM me with the offer.

Thanks.