Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madison Residence (D10, Freehold, Keppelland)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Regarding the schools, distance now has relatively much less value when balloting is still needed even if you live within 1 km for many of the schools there. Furtheremore, there are many condos there selling at or renting at much cheaper price, so no reason to support the high asking price. For own stay around Madison, not really convenient lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Shacain
    The supply of any projects in tat area not only leverages on their address, but schools whom some pple may want. Supply of prop in Marina area leverages on views; supply of prop at Changi business park on businesspark, the list can go on ... Ferrell is interesting but not very sure abt practicalities and internal utilsable area.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Deleted (repeated post)

Actually, i dun remember when along bukit timah road is so prime until it can command 1600 - 1800 psf and more, it's just a busy, one way road. the old ones surrounding are like 2/3 the price or less. Agts keep telling buyers good schools but all the more i need to avoid becos of traffice jams ! maintenance fee for 3 bed is $600 a mth.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by denverusa
    Actually, i dun remember when along bukit timah road is so prime until it can command 1600 - 1800 psf and more, it's just a busy, one way road. the old ones surrounding are like 2/3 the price or less. Agts keep telling buyers good schools but all the more i need to avoid becos of traffice jams ! maintenance fee for 3 bed is $600 a mth.
    It is really perception of how much a property should command. I also cannot remember when AMK property transacting at ~1200psf - but then, who knows - they could be laughing their way to the banks in future.

Quote Originally Posted by denverusa
    for those whos been living there ..they probably already gotten used to the traffic conditions ..to them its a huge improvement when Turf club moved out .. so they have no complains

but for new comers ..its a real issue

when 'good schools' = rich people ..

rich people = drive = dont care about road signs

i saw many many times ..their big cars turning out of school ..cutting across double white lines .. traffic police NEVER there to catch them ..

many many times /even now .. they stop their car one lane 3 = bus lane , occupying the whole lane along dunearn , all the way to the school gate.. again traffic police NEVER there to catch them ..

once i called Class 95 to complain .. then it was OK but only for awhile ..

so i never really fancy that stretch ..
    as for Madison .. the closest amenities like i said is the BP station .. ehhe

but to go to town ..they could make a left along Bkt timah into Robin road and out towards pinetree area .. but Keng chin road is small, narrow , cramp .. and that short Ewe boon road inside..supports 2-3 condos ..in time to come .. Keng chin will be another Little Bkt Timah by itself .. traffic condition wise

talking bout those rich people driving big cars and schools, just drive by nanyang primary during the peak hours..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    for those whos been living there ..they probably already gotten used to the traffic conditions ..to them its a huge improvement when Turf club moved out .. so they have no complains

but for new comers ..its a real issue

when 'good schools' = rich people ..

rich people = drive = dont care about road signs

i saw many many times ..their big cars turning out of school ..cutting across double white lines .. traffic police NEVER there to catch them ..

many many times /even now .. they stop their car one lane 3 = bus lane , occupying the whole lane along dunearn , all the way to the school gate.. again traffic police NEVER there to catch them ..

once i called Class 95 to complain .. then it was OK but only for awhile ..

so i never really fancy that stretch ..
    as for Madison .. the closest amenities like i said is the BP station .. ehhe

but to go to town ..they could make a left along Bkt timah into Robin road and out towards pinetree area .. but Keng chin road is small, narrow , cramp .. and that short Ewe boon road inside..supports 2-3 condos ..in time to come .. Keng chin will be another Little Bkt Timah by itself .. traffic condition wise

anyone got updates on how this project is doing? i know over the past few weeks Ferrell Residences slowly selling and managed to sell half their units already.

Keppel Land's investor relations slides released today indicates 46% of 56 units ie 26 units sold.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/St...ry_426778.html

Sep 8, 2009 Tuesday

Another 50 Trevista units snapped up

By Joyce Teo

NTUC Choice Homes sold another 50 units at its Toa Payoh condo Trevista over the weekend, taking the total number of units sold there to 460.

The remaining units at the 590-unit condo are mainly larger ones - continuing a trend where buyers snap up smaller homes.

Trevista attracted hordes of keen buyers and onlookers at its preview two weekends ago. It sold out 210 units in one afternoon, on the first preview day of Aug 28.

Most of the unsold units at the 99-year leasehold project are the three- and four-bedroom units. An NTUC Choice Homes spokesman said there are just 'a handful' of two-bedroom units left for sale.

The 39-storey condo was previewed at an average price of $898 per sq ft. At that time, the three- and four-bedroom units averaged $1.065 million and $1.43 million respectively, under the normal payment scheme.

Now, the remaining three-bedders are priced from $1.008 million. They cost $884 psf to $1,050 psf. The four-bedders are priced from $850 psf to $964 psf, or from $1.448 million.

Elsewhere, sales are still ongoing at current launches. For instance, developer Keppel Land has now sold 37 out of 56 units at Madison Residences in Bukit Timah Road at an average price of $1,700 psf, after selling another unit over the weekend.

The project was launched in the middle of last month, after a brief preview.

The market was generally quieter over the past weekend, compared with the previous one.

Property agents said one factor might be people going away for the school holidays. Also, they said some price resistance may be setting in, particularly at projects subject to recent price rises.

Next week, The Trizon @ Mount Sinai, which has sold at least 110 units, will be launched. The project was previewed late last month at $1,300 psf to $1,500 psf.

Next month, the 1,040-unit The Interlace in Alexandra Road will be launched. Other possible launches this year include the 119-unit Elliot at The East Coast and a 396-unit condo on the former Hong Leong Gardens site in West Coast.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Ho Bee prices Trilight at $1,650 psf
    Far East sells 12 units at Alba in Cairnhill at average $2,300 psf
    Kalpana Rashiwala
    The Business Times
    Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Ho Bee Investment will preview its Trilight condo at Newton Road this week at an average price of about $1,650 psf, the group's chairman and CEO Chua Thian Poh told BT yesterday.

Ho Bee will not offer an interest absorption scheme (IAS) for the 30-storey freehold condominium project, located on the highest point in the Newton area.

The $1,650 psf average price will be for an initial batch of 60 units. The condo will have a total 205 units, up from 152 planned initially. The increase results from Ho Bee's decision to introduce two-bedroom units and reduce the number of four-bedders. Previously Trilight had only three- and four-bedroom apartments.

The latest scheme comprises 104 two-bedroom units ranging from 1,109 to 1,227 sqft; 74 three-bedders in two sizes (2,099 and 2,110 sqft) and 24 four-bedroom apartments of 2,336 sq ft. Trilight will have three penthouses - two units of 5,200 sq ft and one of 5,800 sq ft.

The typical two-bedder will cost under $2 million.

CB Richard Ellis and DTZ will market the project.

Market watchers say the $1,650 psf average price is within the range of recent transactions in the area. In nearby Bukit Timah Road, units at Ferrell Residences sold for between $1,556 psf and $1,931 psf in July-August.

And Madison Residences nearby sold at $1,567-1,745 psf in August, according to Urban Redevelopment Authority information on developer sales.

The high-end housing market is stirring again after Hungry Ghost Month. Far East Organization has sold a dozen units over the past couple of weeks at its Alba project in Cairnhill Rise. The unit sizes are 1,862, 2,066 and 2,250 sqft.

They are among a clutch of 18 units Far East released on the second to seventh levels of the 18-storey freehold condo, which has a total of 50 units. The average price achieved for the 12 units sold is $2,300 psf, with the highest price being $2,500 psf.

Under the freehold project's 'white plan', Far East can customise apartment layouts to suit buyers' preferences.