Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hillview Regency

james1234 Guest

Default Hillview Regency

Hello all

have anyone seen this exclusive location hillview regency, seems quite nice but price very high. The facilities is much better than surrounding condos but only 99 years. Any comment if buying there is a good choice?

seen a few unsold units probably can try?

BtBatokResident Guest

"Exclusive"??? It's a mass market condo opp Bt Batok HDB blks. The exterior actually looks good, especially at night. But TOP for years, and still yet to "Sold Out"?

the best Guest

Default wrong

this is the best designed and upmarket condo . look it see the city line and even the port! don mistaken by those who say it is bt batok it is much closer to hill view and magnificant view ! 6 pools and two golf facilities!

crtic Guest

hillview regency has been around foi donkey years and not sold out. It is too close to the telecom spires and mre than 1km to mrt. I visited a unit on the 21st floor many time and could hear very clearly people walking up n down upstairs meaning thin and lousy flooring. It is also 99y leasehold so nt worth considering.
    Quote Originally Posted by james1234
    Hello all

have anyone seen this exclusive location hillview regency, seems quite nice but price very high. The facilities is much better than surrounding condos but only 99 years. Any comment if buying there is a good choice?

bullshit Guest

Default hv is great!

wat u talking abt it seems that you have bought a freehold if you look around the condo what other condo provide better facilities? u are not making sensse

critic Guest

i dont live in Signature park but go and take a look at the facilities inside b4 u say HR has the best facilities arnd. HR has lousy finishing, very thin flooring n walls wth lousy sound insulation. Many units in HR facing Hdb flats and being beside those flats, it has made itself a hdb condo. If u buy a condo u want to be exclusive frm public housing but HR is mingling wth Hdb and looks as cheap as the hdb around. I would rather buy blk 621 and 622 of bt btok central (Hdb just beside mrt and westmall) than a unit at HR.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullshit
    wat u talking a bt it seems that you have bought a freehold if you look around the condo what other condo provide better facilities? u are not making sensse

Unregistered321 Guest

You must be kidding me. This condo borrows indisminately the "Hillview" name but it is NOT even along exclusive Hillview Avenue! It is along Bukit Batok East Avenue 2 and faces HDB flats, infamous for not enough parking and urine in the lifts. You call this exclusive? And with the downtown line which runs along Upper Bukit Timah near Hillview Road, if you're looking at long term, those FH condos along Hillview with larger land and lower density are better bets. Not forgetting those condos have much better neighbours, as most are children of parents staying in Bukit Timah area.

Quote Originally Posted by james1234
    Hello all

Unregistered12345 Guest

Default bias

i think BT timah and batok are the same.. hillview as it is HR is at the edge with good nature reserver fresh air and also high flr and unblock how can it get recent transact price is 900+ psf check yr self!

Unregistered13245 Guest

Dear friend,

Bukit Timah and Bukit Batok are not the same. Freehold and leasehold are also not the same - over time the difference will widen. But if you like Hillview Regency then go ahead. Do you drive? Parking would be a nightmare at Hillview Regency as there is NO underground car park. When it rains, need to carry umbrella to your car. But if you take bus, maybe then Hillview Regency might be nearer to Bukit Batok intercharge. But bear in mind when the downtown line comes 5 years later which serve Hillview and Upper Bukit Timah and not Bukit Batok, the prices will diverge even more. The downtown line is an efficient line that brings you directly down to the city diagonally.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered12345
    i think BT timah and batok are the same.. hillview as it is HR is at the edge with good nature reserver fresh air and also high flr and unblock how can it get recent transact price is 900+ psf check yr self!

Unregistered12345 Guest

Default afternoon sun

All friends i have made a survey of the stretch of hillview and frankly if u got chance to review the afternoon sun us really bad..i find HR certain angle quite cooling away from sun and also very quiet.. that is exclusive and the landscape has a lot of water which is good wealth there are also parking lots sheltered , underground limited tough.. i heard the monthly fee is around 300 a month! very high heard from another project lakeshore is only halve!

Unregistered321 Guest

You from which generation? So afraid of sun. Anyway, every condo has different facing. There is NO underground carpark - cheapskate 99LH condos usually do not have such luxuries. First-floor carpark is not underground carpark. The sheltered car park is so limited, you're not going to get a lot. So thunderstorm means you're not sheltered to your car. Underground car park means dig below the ground and cannot be seen. There're almost 600 units here in very small plot of land facing HDB and carries a HDB addy, so this place cant be exclusive. The condos along Hillview Ave have usually 300 units on a much bigger land. But some people like to squeeze with others. So have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered12345
    All friends i have made a survey of the stretch of hillview and frankly if u got chance to review the afternoon sun us really bad..i find HR certain angle quite cooling away from sun and also very quiet.. that is exclusive and the landscape has a lot of water which is good wealth there are also parking lots sheltered , underground limited tough.. i heard the monthly fee is around 300 a month! very high heard from another project lakeshore is only halve!

What carpark Guest

Default yes

there is a sheltered carpark on left , don be fooled also there are several units unsold therefore plc is not squeeze.. remember? quiet and spacious plc swimming pool not often used great plc for retirement in hillview see mountain //

whats wrong Guest

Default far east

not sure what is the issue with far east it seems like every development of far east people have strong opinion of the quality and facilities...can anyone enlighten me?
    HR for example

Not a fan Guest

Passerby here. I've a friend who stayed there and residents are always fighting for the sheltered car park - there're very few sheltered carpark on the first floor. Multi storey carpark gotta walk a long distance and also not sheltered along the way. It's machiam living in HDB flat - walk a distance to get to multi storey car park to get to your car. That takes quite some time. It's leasehold and if economy is bad, so downside is definitely there. Imagine in few years time MRT runs up Bukit Timah and Hillview freehold belt, residents from Hillview Regency who do not drive still have to take bus to Bukit Batok MRT, change trains at jurong east etc, while those at Hillview can walk to Hillview Station and take a fast train downtown. In terms of potential, Hillview Regency has very little upside. The crowd is bad as well, with cases of shoes left outside the house being stolen, and urine in the lift etc. Just check around. This is one of the most HDB upgrader and crowded developments. The low lying block behind the condo housed workers quarters. The view is just HDB flats. Pls also check how many years the lease has run out. I heard fareast held the land for a long period of time before building the condo, so maybe 10 years have already run out.

Quote Originally Posted by What carpark
    there is a sheltered carpark on left , don be fooled also there are several units unsold therefore plc is not squeeze.. remember? quiet and spacious plc swimming pool not often used great plc for retirement in hillview see mountain //

Not Hillview Guest

The name is misleading. This condo is along Bukit Batok East Avenue 2 and face HDB. It's not good for retirement as the road is noisy. Want to retire better go further down along the real Hillview or even Hume.

Quote Originally Posted by What carpark

u are wrong Guest

Default what r u talkin abt

a lot of pple are saying urine , shoe stolen question is how u know, fabricated ? or u really stay there , i am not sure wat the uterior motive is, if u look at hillview facing away from hdb side is really great view and peaceful, but higer price, better prestige , just higher value and more cash needed. carpark fight for wat ? there are several views to this , some got some don just live with it .. hillview is too crowded so many condo at the other side, there is sure a bus to mrt just have to bear with it BUT remember near mrt also has the noise of track!

@@@ Guest

hillview regency is a flop basically.a hdb condo for hdb upgraders. Very thin ceiling and flooring n cn hear people stomping upstairs even though just walking. Low quality flooring and finishng. 99yr just waiting to depreciate in value.
    Quote Originally Posted by u are wrong
    a lot of pple are saying urine , shoe stolen question is how u know, fabricated ? or u really stay there , i am not sure wat the uterior motive is, if u look at hillview facing away from hdb side is really great view and peaceful, but higer price, better prestige , just higher value and more cash needed. carpark fight for wat ? there are several views to this , some got some don just live with it .. hillview is too crowded so many condo at the other side, there is sure a bus to mrt just have to bear with it BUT remember near mrt also has the noise of track!

get ready to burn Guest

See extract from www.salary.sg:

It’s not always so easy to make money, as the previous case studies suggested.

Slightly more than 10 years ago, a young couple bought something that almost ruined their lives financially.

It was the middle of 1996, a boom time for the stock market as well as the property market.

The couple - working professionals - were earning salaries that disqualify them for subsidised HDB housing.

Just married, they were yearning for a nice place to stay in.

They set their eyes on a 1,300 square foot condominium just north of Ang Mo Kio. The location is not very central, but the asking price was a crazy $1 million.

It was a stretch for the couple. Without huge savings, they could only afford the initial 20% downpayment and had to borrow the rest for the progress payments.

But given the rosy economy then, and the fact that they were holding well-paying jobs (making a combined $150k a year), they went ahead and bought the condo.

We all know what happened next.

The economy tanked. Asia went into financial crisis. Jobs were lost. Stock and property prices fell. Drastically.

Salaries were cut.

The couple also saw their income go down. Yet, they still had to make the mortgage repayments.

A big part of their earnings went to the bank.

They were slaves to the mortgage loan. (It’s still the case now. So they don’t save a lot.)

Worse, the condo’s value went down, almost to negative equity level, i.e. owing the bank more than the property’s worth.

Even now, when property prices are at peak levels (and maybe on the way down), the couple’s condo is still a loss-making investment. Why? Their condo is a leasehold property.

So, this unfortunate couple is “stuck” with a still-sizable bank loan, a condo that’s depreciating in value, and low savings. And they are considered high income earners…

A wrong move, and they are hit financially for a long time…

Will it happen again?

it happens Guest

Default everywhere

the mentioned above is happening everywhere risk is always involved, buy what u can friends!

my goodness Guest

Thumbs down such bad luck

from the email, those who bought are in bad luck , please tell yr friends stop buying HR please! it is gonna be a BIG while elephant and when it fall it will bring u along!!! good luck to the rest who did not invest in hillview maybe the feng shui is damn bad!!!!!!!!!

feng shui Guest

Default HR

Hello anyone can advice how is the feng shui in HR ?

thanks

Unregistered111 Guest

Not fabricated lah. So many people say so. I believe you've heard from many people. U nvr stay in condo? Carpark fighting is common for those with limited car park space. BTW, it is prestigious land along DTL2, so it's underground MRT lah - no track noise. HV Regency definitely more crowded than the other FH HV condos because it is 1/4 of their land size but double the no. of units - so effectively 8 times more crowded on a per sq ft basis. But it's your choice. If you prefer 99LH condos, go for it. I think your mind v fixated on this.

Quote Originally Posted by u are wrong

many comments Guest

Default controversial

Wow so many comments on this HR , really that bad huh, i think is the worse response so far in the west, i think all pple are really fed up with this plc, the transacted price also varies so much from 600 to 900 + , i guess resale value is zero and pple there will be miserable if they see this forum , good luck to them and hard luck. i think far east better do something to change the image if not gone case!

Chase dreams Guest

I don't think it is a farEast problem - these are problems unique to this development. I think those high prices are direct from FarEast - brand new units. One of the reasons some pple attracted to this is becos the 3 bedder is tiny around 1,100+sq ft (most decent 3 bedders are above 1,200sq ft), so overall can get smallish 3-bedder at $720k. I'm not surprised HDB upgrader who do not care about remaining lease term will consider this. Looking at how "older" LH property in bad location (no MRT, no amenities) perform, this may not be the best investment.

Quote Originally Posted by many comments
    Wow so many comments on this HR , really that bad huh, i think is the worse response so far in the west, i think all pple are really fed up with this plc, the transacted price also varies so much from 600 to 900 + , i guess resale value is zero and pple there will be miserable if they see this forum , good luck to them and hard luck. i think far east better do something to change the image if not gone case!

feng sui Guest

Default no good

Heard that HR faced the mountain and it is bad for the prosperity of the condo, plus the road running at the side it is detrimental to the health , there is also no water around making the plc very colluded.. thus no good!

stop it Guest

Default don bull shit

please stop bull shitting this is not true , the feng shui is excellent , i asked before, the whole plc is much better than the rest of hillview condos, it is set at premium location and really there is no worries buying this plc.. u will make profit at least 20% within next year!

fengshui master Guest

Default very good

Quote Originally Posted by feng sui
    Heard that HR faced the mountain and it is bad for the prosperity of the condo, plus the road running at the side it is detrimental to the health , there is also no water around making the plc very colluded.. thus no good!
    It's backed by mountain. So it's very good.

r u a master Guest

Default confirm

r u a fengshui master, any advice if u are?

Registered Guest

Premium location? This is along Bukit Batok East Ave 2 - it's strange why it calls itself Hillview Regency - it really should be "Batok Regency". Fengshui wise Bukit Timah and Upper Bukit Timah (Hilllview Ave) area supposed to have the central "affluence" dragon running though. The best fengshui amongst all the regions in SG.This does not include Bt Batok area though. Read this http://www.wayonnet.com/fengshui_art...px?aid=245&m=1

Having said that, the units at HV Regency are tiny catering to low budget buyers - so absolute amount is really low compared to many other condos.

Quote Originally Posted by stop it
    please stop bull shitting this is not true , the feng shui is excellent , i asked before, the whole plc is much better than the rest of hillview condos, it is set at premium location and really there is no worries buying this plc.. u will make profit at least 20% within next year!

HR bad bad feng s Guest

the best facing 4 HR is 2 tall spires whch translates to poison arrow and bad luck. Mreover how cn locatn be premium when it is in the middle of a cluster of hdb flats and 2 telecm spires. I thk ths is one of far east's flop projects n no dispute bout it. The next flop would be hillvista whch i thk no sane persn would buy it for that kind of psf n locatn
    Quote Originally Posted by stop it