Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Property Agents marketing Belvedere

The Belvedere Guest

Thumbs down Dirty Property Agents marketing Belvedere

I am a new owner of Belvedere.I went through much trauma before buying one good unit there.I have met few dirty agents who are really despicable.
    Here's a list of irresponsible agents.Beware..

1) Sharon from JTR***
    2) Jennifer from Inno**
    3) Mervis

shocked Guest

dirty... how? what do you mean?

The Belvedere Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shocked
    dirty... how? what do you mean?

Playing dirty tricks just to close deals.Lying to me about the exact area of the unit and then convinced me to bring a cheque down on the day of viewing.Refering to Jennifer in this case.

Sharon arranged with me to collect cheque in Belvedere.Waited there like a fool but never turned up,then msg me saying she woke up late n will not b coming.Called her but refusd to answer.Not even a word of apology.This unprofessional agent is famous for being late and rude.

Mervis is unscrupulous basically.

It's a blessing in disguise I did not buy any of their marketed units because I managed to buy a much higher floor with full sea view at a lower price than all their low floor units.

Unregistered1 Guest

Hi owner,

Good thing that you personally highlighted the agents.

I am also a agent myself. Heard before the agent from JTR are famous in a way or another.

Never dare to deal with them.

The Belvedere Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1
    Hi owner,

Good thing that you personally highlighted the agents.

I am also a agent myself. Heard before the agent from JTR are famous in a way or another.

Never dare to deal with them.
    Well,like what i said...I got a better offer instead. No losses.Just some bad experience to share & warn the potential buyers of belvedere

Starry Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Belvedere
    Well,like what i said...I got a better offer instead. No losses.Just some bad experience to share & warn the potential buyers of belvedere

Hi,
    How much was the value that you managed to get and when you bought it? I like to hav a feel of the property at that area.

Thanks

beacon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Starry
    Hi,
    How much was the value that you managed to get and when you bought it? I like to hav a feel of the property at that area.

Thanks
    He bought beacon lah, but pretend to buy at bel.

beacon sucks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by beacon
    Stop talking crap here..u cannot afford to buy bel stop saying people pretend..MAD Dog Bark All the way from Dist 9,10 to 15.._!_

Unregistered_!_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by beacon
    Mayb u cant afford belv lah n bought lousy 999 le@seh0le beacon^-^

dirtyagents Guest

Is there a place where you can file a complaint against "dirty" agents ?
    Think they are scumbags to scoop so low.

Reh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyagents
    Call and feedback their bosses.Thats all we as buyers can do.Unless the law comes up with some penalties for them.

CX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Reh
    Call and feedback their bosses.Thats all we as buyers can do.Unless the law comes up with some penalties for them.
    I agree with what you said Reh..can complain to their bosses..:P

Query Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CX
    I agree with what you said Reh..can complain to their bosses..:P
    Does an act from an agent who advertised your property for rent (without the owner's permission) amount to a crimminal act?

Unregistered88 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyagents
    yes, feel strongly need to have this governance body.
    Experienced one agent from PxxNxx.
    She asked for 3% from the seller and $6000 from buyer, selling the property below the market to the buyer as the buyer offered her commission, and the agent was acting for the seller.

Whose's fault, the buyer even told the seller at the option sign stage but the buyer said the agent mentioned 3% from seller is the market price.

So, who to blame? seller right?

The buyer filed in a complaint to the PxxNxx on the case...the seller is a real loser

Unregisteredfff Guest

if the agent offers free f**k if I buy from her, is tat considered dirty too?

Scumbags Guest

I have experienced a agent from dt"x", sweet talking all the way.. charged me $2.3k for a paint job.. Found out from the actual contractors that let-slip that the "real" cost was only 1.5k !!! So much so for agents even from so called "reputable" agencies.. Believe the quality control deserved much to be desired ! Am still waiting an explanation on the overcharging but that never come. Surprisingly this is happening in Singapore, where there is stringent control on law and order and a safe place to live ! This is indeed Uniquely Singapore !

Ken SUCKS Guest

if u ever cme across an agent called Ken xxx frm DW, SHUN HIM! he is a double headed snake. I engaged hm once to find me a property in the west n just coz he had the exclusive rights to sell he became very yaya papaya. My deal wth the seller fell thru just becoz that bastard refused to deal wth me due to sme small misunderstandng. I urge owners nt to sign exclusives wth agents as they could jolly well be chasing clients away behind the owners back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbags
    I have experienced a agent from dt"x", sweet talking all the way.. charged me $2.3k for a paint job.. Found out from the actual contractors that let-slip that the "real" cost was only 1.5k !!! So much so for agents even from so called "reputable" agencies.. Believe the quality control deserved much to be desired ! Am still waiting an explanation on the overcharging but that never come. Surprisingly this is happening in Singapore, where there is stringent control on law and order and a safe place to live ! This is indeed Uniquely Singapore !

get ready to burn Guest

See extract from www.salary.sg:

It’s not always so easy to make money, as the previous case studies suggested.

Slightly more than 10 years ago, a young couple bought something that almost ruined their lives financially.

It was the middle of 1996, a boom time for the stock market as well as the property market.

The couple - working professionals - were earning salaries that disqualify them for subsidised HDB housing.

Just married, they were yearning for a nice place to stay in.

They set their eyes on a 1,300 square foot condominium just north of Ang Mo Kio. The location is not very central, but the asking price was a crazy $1 million.

It was a stretch for the couple. Without huge savings, they could only afford the initial 20% downpayment and had to borrow the rest for the progress payments.

But given the rosy economy then, and the fact that they were holding well-paying jobs (making a combined $150k a year), they went ahead and bought the condo.

We all know what happened next.

The economy tanked. Asia went into financial crisis. Jobs were lost. Stock and property prices fell. Drastically.

Salaries were cut.

The couple also saw their income go down. Yet, they still had to make the mortgage repayments.

A big part of their earnings went to the bank.

They were slaves to the mortgage loan. (It’s still the case now. So they don’t save a lot.)

Worse, the condo’s value went down, almost to negative equity level, i.e. owing the bank more than the property’s worth.

Even now, when property prices are at peak levels (and maybe on the way down), the couple’s condo is still a loss-making investment. Why? Their condo is a leasehold property.

So, this unfortunate couple is “stuck” with a still-sizable bank loan, a condo that’s depreciating in value, and low savings. And they are considered high income earners…

A wrong move, and they are hit financially for a long time…

Will it happen again?

wont happen Guest

I think we cant compare 1996 to current situation.
    The vision of our leaders differ then and now....

Singapore has changed and our leaders are pushing for a higher birth rate and pro immigration policy to bring population to 5.5mil.
    there is also rebranding of the country with IRs and F1 to try and get more ppl, tourists, FT, immigrants.... to support the sevice sector...

Freehold hooray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by get ready to burn
    See extract from www.salary.sg:

It’s not always so easy to make money, as the previous case studies suggested.

Slightly more than 10 years ago, a young couple bought something that almost ruined their lives financially.

It was the middle of 1996, a boom time for the stock market as well as the property market.

The couple - working professionals - were earning salaries that disqualify them for subsidised HDB housing.

Just married, they were yearning for a nice place to stay in.

They set their eyes on a 1,300 square foot condominium just north of Ang Mo Kio. The location is not very central, but the asking price was a crazy $1 million.

It was a stretch for the couple. Without huge savings, they could only afford the initial 20% downpayment and had to borrow the rest for the progress payments.

But given the rosy economy then, and the fact that they were holding well-paying jobs (making a combined $150k a year), they went ahead and bought the condo.

We all know what happened next.

The economy tanked. Asia went into financial crisis. Jobs were lost. Stock and property prices fell. Drastically.

Salaries were cut.

The couple also saw their income go down. Yet, they still had to make the mortgage repayments.

A big part of their earnings went to the bank.

They were slaves to the mortgage loan. (It’s still the case now. So they don’t save a lot.)

Worse, the condo’s value went down, almost to negative equity level, i.e. owing the bank more than the property’s worth.

Even now, when property prices are at peak levels (and maybe on the way down), the couple’s condo is still a loss-making investment. Why? Their condo is a leasehold property.

So, this unfortunate couple is “stuck” with a still-sizable bank loan, a condo that’s depreciating in value, and low savings. And they are considered high income earners…

A wrong move, and they are hit financially for a long time…

Will it happen again?
    Aiyoh... simple analysis.. negative equity was because of leasehold... Freehold and the house may hold up higher in terms of resale value and the couple may still be able to sell.... if not make profit, at least dispose of the financial burden...

Query Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Query
    Does an act from an agent who advertised your property for rent (without the owner's permission) amount to a crimminal act?
    Any advise???

think about it, why would the agent spent $$ to advertise when the owner is not renting out?? Can't conduct viewing, waste of $$, waste time receiving calls ?? a bit no logic rite...

Free Ads Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    think about it, why would the agent spent $$ to advertise when the owner is not renting out?? Can't conduct viewing, waste of $$, waste time receiving calls ?? a bit no logic rite...
    Advertise in web does not neccessary need money.
    Agent can use this tactic to growth his base....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken SUCKS
    if u ever cme across an agent called Ken xxx frm DW, SHUN HIM! he is a double headed snake. I engaged hm once to find me a property in the west n just coz he had the exclusive rights to sell he became very yaya papaya. My deal wth the seller fell thru just becoz that bastard refused to deal wth me due to sme small misunderstandng. I urge owners nt to sign exclusives wth agents as they could jolly well be chasing clients away behind the owners back.

To me which agencies don't have bad agents, but there are good agent that don't under cut and give their best. I always meet up my buyer to show that what unit I have and prices transcated and selling before they commit. Call me for non obligation discussion on getting your choice home. Joe, 81712412

willing Guest

everywhere also got black sheeps one

i agree everywhere got black sheeps

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredfff
    if the agent offers free f**k if I buy from her, is tat considered dirty too?
    Wa! u dammed cheepo.... go geylang if u r desperate. respect agents dun tarnish buyers reputation looking for free ***.

Ethics Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BENTLY
    Wa! u dammed cheepo.... go geylang if u r desperate. respect agents dun tarnish buyers reputation looking for free ***.
    I agree, let's discuss these issues more ethically

Quote Originally Posted by Query
    Dun be an asshole la, u think police nothing to do isit?, little bit, complain n complain, typical singkie.

Default Belvedere may be completely blocked?

Quote Originally Posted by The Belvedere
    I am a new owner of Belvedere.I went through much trauma before buying one good unit there.I have met few dirty agents who are really despicable.
    Here's a list of irresponsible agents.Beware..

1) Sharon from JTR***
    2) Jennifer from Inno**
    3) Mervis
    Dear Belvedere,

Congratulations on your new purchase. I have been thinking about getting something in Belvedere for some time but pending some final due diligence. In respect, I wonder if you can share your views on the same, given you have probably satisfied yourself on the same - would be grateful if you can kindly advise.

I have made a couple of enquiry on Belvedere and from preliminary discussion from a number other investors, I understood this was one of the most controversial investment which Keppel Land (the developer) made and it was almost by sheer luck they managed to get away with this (or what it appears to be the case). I understand this was what seems to be a mistake on the developer whom back then purchased the land, not knowing there is/was another plot of land in front which could potentially block off Belvedere’s view completely (and potentially also block part of SeaFront). I am under the impression that a number of buyers was sold the idea that the plot of land immediately next to Belvedere was actually a Park (which, apparently, is not the case), and I believe most owners and prospective buyers continue to be under this belief still (which seems to be rather shocking!!).

I attached extract of the Master Plan 2008 (annotated) which is widely circulated amongst the investor community whom are looking at buying Belvedere and SeaFront. This will have an impact on our views on the the risk of another development to be developed in front of Belvedere, which is not unlikely at all!!

I wonder if anyone here can confirm the same or shed some light on this?
    Attached Files Attached Files