Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 99 yr vs FH houses

piggy

Default 99 yr vs FH houses

Hi

Need some advise whether it is worthwhile to buy 99yr terraces considering that the prices are more or less similar to condo?? Is the value depreciated like mad after some time??

Tks!

Quote Originally Posted by piggy
    Hi

Need some advise whether it is worthwhile to buy 99yr terraces considering that the prices are more or less similar to condo?? Is the value depreciated like mad after some time??

Tks!
    You have to see the condition of the terrace and the left over lease of the property. Is it new or old? Don't forget that the re-build may take an additional of $200 to $300PSF. My friend who bought a D19 terrace spent more than $450K to $500K to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyinvestor
    You have to see the condition of the terrace and the left over lease of the property. Is it new or old? Don't forget that the re-build may take an additional of $200 to $300PSF. My friend who bought a D19 terrace spent more than $450K to $500K to rebuild.
    if it is an old FH terrace, it is still worth the while investing in the rebuild because it is yours forever.

tukwa

there are still a number of freehold landed property going about $400-$500 per sq ft for house not done up and about $600-$800 for house already rebuilt or upgraded.

at least you can be sure it will not be enbloced.

good idea!

Old terrace is worth it.

Can hire the same contractor who renovated all the Govt's black and white houses. I heard cheap cheap nia nia. Really pee and chee. No need for all the swee swee feature walls lah, etc. Just basic skeleton, new wiring and plumbing, and new paint job will do. The furnishings can buy separately from those trendy and cheap designer furniture shops.

piggy

I am thinking of buying tai keng villa, 99 leasehold property. It's now 12yrs.. but worried after 30-40yrs, the prices will drop like mad.. so wondering shd go for smaller but FH hses..

any comments? tks!

Peter Pan

I am thinking of buying tai keng villa, 99 leasehold property. It's now 12yrs.. but worried after 30-40yrs, the prices will drop like mad.. so wondering shd go for smaller but FH hses..

any comments? tks!
    How old are you? Are you married? Do you have any kids? ask yourself this question and you will have your answer. Life is short!!! enjoy what you like while you are still alive, if you have the money.

any comments? tks!
    It is all about your affordability. Housing for long term should be OK. But frankly, it is still best not to hold on to LH99 property to say 30-40years.

i have friends who bought old 99-year terraces because they are within their affordability range. they like to stay in landed properties but couldn't afford the FH ones; so there is still a market for LH landed properties.

piggy

Thks for the advise.. Yes, it's all abt the affordability.. who doesn't want to stay in FH hse?? No $ only.. sob sob...

Btw, can any1 advise how to calculate the annual property tax for landed to be paid to IRAS every yr? What other expenses would need to be incurred?? E.g. rubbish chute conservation fees, pest control etc?? thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast