Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centris @ Jurong Point

IMHO centris is a waste of time, entire cndo with no physical land of its own. Facilities all in air space

So what is the psf
    Last edited by Cactus72; 15-05-09 at 21:10. Reason: As requested by the thread owner, to delete negative comments

Quote Originally Posted by sosola
    really...from URA website I unable to find any transaction this year which is at psf 380++.

where did you get your information
    if transacted price to be @ psf 380 ++,must be a good buy...

Quote Originally Posted by 0412
    if transacted price to be @ psf 380 ++,must be a good buy...
    not a good buy...should be a die die muz buy

Wink

not a good buy...should be a die die muz buy

if got unit at that price..pls PM me lah..

IF GOT PSF <400, I ALSO WAN

really...from URA website I unable to find any transaction this year which is at psf 380++.

where did you get your information
    I checked on nationproperty.sg, the lastest 2 transaction at $380++ but it's for bigger unit, 1800+sqf

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky77
    I checked on nationproperty.sg, the lastest 2 transaction at $380++ but it's for bigger unit, 1800+sqf
    wow...when launch the price is around $500/sqft
    muz be a catch!!!!!!!
    now agent/seller are still asking for $700/sqft for a 3 bedrooms unit!!!hainz

transaction $$
    in Jan'09, the lowest was $427/sqft, Blk 65 Area sqft 1991
    in Feb'09, the lowest was $466/sqft, Blk 77 Area sqft 1808
    in Mar'09, the lowest was $447/sqft, Blk 69 Area sqft 2099

No matter what people say, I just like the place I will move in. As most people say, the virtue of Centris is Convenience. It also means save us much much time on way to and from library, cinema, clothes shop, food court, supermarket, medical center..... I can spend those precious time in relaxing in the spacious 50m pool and having fun with my children, that's what I am dreaming now.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveStar
    No matter what people say, I just like the place I will move in. As most people say, the virtue of Centris is Convenience. It also means save us much much time on way to and from library, cinema, clothes shop, food court, supermarket, medical center..... I can spend those precious time in relaxing in the spacious 50m pool and having fun with my children, that's what I am dreaming now.
    I realise that there are no swimming complex at boon lay area...being located at such a convenient location, not too sure whether it may pose a problem for the condo owners as there might be overcrowding situation if every owners allow their friends or relatives who stay ard there to use the swimming pool.

Hmm.. never know that 50m pool can hold 1000+ people ..haha

The blocks at centris seem to be facing in 2 directions only. Are they in the East-West direction? If they are, the project lagi jia lat...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    The blocks at centris seem to be facing in 2 directions only. Are they in the East-West direction? If they are, the project lagi jia lat...
    I believe it is N-S facing. I think those who take the unit facing the pool will not get much sun

Default The Centris @ Jurong Point

Quote Originally Posted by ps16
    I believe it is N-S facing. I think those who take the unit facing the pool will not get much sun
    North south good no sun....and the feng shui is good...

Will The Centris has higher rental yield than Lakeshore since it's much more convenience?

imagine if there is a fire evacuatn or bomb threat at jurong pt, all centris residnts hv to evacuate as well

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    imagine if there is a fire evacuatn or bomb threat at jurong pt, all centris residnts hv to evacuate as well
    If there is a war in SG, all Singapore residents no where to go. Do you think so as well?

Will The Centris has higher rental yield than Lakeshore since it's much more convenience?
    That's for sure, but not so soon, maybe one year later.

dont need a war to aggitate centris residents. Regular fire drill at jurong point gao liao.
    If there is a war in SG, all Singapore residents no where to go. Do you think so as well?

Default Advice on rental

I am looking at buying Centris for its rental potential. Main thing that convince me that this may be a good condo for rental is because of the amenities and its logistic convenience.

Looking around the Jurong area, rental range between $3.60(Lakeshore) to $2.30(Parc Palais). I think Centris should be able to fetch something closer to Lakeshore's, which means $3+. Comparing against the current selling price of $500+/sqft, rental yield is pretty good. I think worse case, Centris should be able to fetch high side of $2, probably $2.80 or $2.90.

On the commonly negative point of Centris, noise and road congestion, I kind of think that it may not be as bad. It is true that the traffic is heavy around the mall but only the roads around the mall but you have potentially 3 carpark entrance.
    On the noise, I think not much worse than other condos that are located along busy roads or expressway.

Any advice welcome......thanks.

I am looking at buying Centris for its rental potential. Main thing that convince me that this may be a good condo for rental is because of the amenities and its logistic convenience.

Looking around the Jurong area, rental range between $3.60(Lakeshore) to $2.30(Parc Palais). I think Centris should be able to fetch something closer to Lakeshore's, which means $3+. Comparing against the current selling price of $500+/sqft, rental yield is pretty good. I think worse case, Centris should be able to fetch high side of $2, probably $2.80 or $2.90.

On the commonly negative point of Centris, noise and road congestion, I kind of think that it may not be as bad. It is true that the traffic is heavy around the mall but only the roads around the mall but you have potentially 3 carpark entrance.
    On the noise, I think not much worse than other condos that are located along busy roads or expressway.

I think Centris will be priced a little above what the HDB blocks surrounding Jurong Point and very close to Centris are fetching.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    I think Centris will be priced a little above what the HDB blocks surrounding Jurong Point and very close to Centris are fetching.
    Thanks....you mean very close to "Caspian"? It looks like this is the price for now.

I am sharing the same view as you, the rental in this area is like recession proof.

Unfortunately, for buyers interested in Centris, the price seems to have increased quite a bit. Called a few agent, all quoting $600+ psf for 3 bedders. Below $600psf maybe still possible for the one facing MRT and slightly bigger size, like 1.3K+ sq ft.

I don't see myself committing to such high price, will probably stay on the side to see how the actual rental turn out after TOP.

Unfortunately, for buyers interested in Centris, the price seems to have increased quite a bit. Called a few agent, all quoting $600+ psf for 3 bedders. Below $600psf maybe still possible for the one facing MRT and slightly bigger size, like 1.3K+ sq ft.

I don't see myself committing to such high price, will probably stay on the side to see how the actual rental turn out after TOP.
    could be due to recent stock mkt rally, ppl saw the sign of economic recovery.

Received a call from an agent last night saying that his buyer could not get a loan for a 2 bedder of 1k sq ft. Selling price is $670K. Option will lapse today. Say that this is very good deal for potential buyer.

Anyone faimiliar with such sales tactics? Explanation appreciated.

Received a call from an agent last night saying that his buyer could not get a loan for a 2 bedder of 1k sq ft. Selling price is $670K. Option will lapse today. Say that this is very good deal for potential buyer.

Anyone faimiliar with such sales tactics? Explanation appreciated.
    last nite received a exact call too...the agent goes by the name Alxx Lim?
    frankly i think it is a gimmick..the unit was asking for $650k in iproperty.com.sg...

what is happening now? so hard selling?
    thought centris is in high demand??

last nite received a exact call too...the agent goes by the name Alxx Lim?
    frankly i think it is a gimmick..the unit was asking for $650k in iproperty.com.sg...

what is happening now? so hard selling?
    thought centris is in high demand??
    From some of the conversation I had with the agents, I kind of deduce that there are quite a number of sellers who will want to offload asap but on the other hand, they may not be the first buyer, probably the 2nd or 3rd owner, thus their buying price is on the high side. Desperate to sell and must be at $600+psf.

what a joke. Centris is surroundd by hdb flats whch share the same amenities. The only thng extra is a swimming pool, gym n security guard. There r sme hdb flats ard with much better view than wat centris's 2 odd lookng slab blocks have to offer. In terms of rental, the those hdb flats around will fetch much better rental yield as cost of buying is low n will also be much easier to rent out. There centris is faced with stiff competition n is far frm being a rental favourite in that area
    I am sharing the same view as you, the rental in this area is like recession proof.

From some of the conversation I had with the agents, I kind of deduce that there are quite a number of sellers who will want to offload asap but on the other hand, they may not be the first buyer, probably the 2nd or 3rd owner, thus their buying price is on the high side. Desperate to sell and must be at $600+psf.

i think you maybe right. centris is going to top very soon & once top banks would want to collect $$$.

correct..if i am not wrong for 1st owner 1066sqft unit the breakeven range is $600k...therefore 2nd & 3rd owner are asking for more..some even asking for close to $800psf.. !!!