Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centris @ Jurong Point

hoho Guest

If it's not serious, u think it will be reported and debated in parliament? What do you expect the Ministers to say - that it is dangerous and life threatening? But we do know for sure the waters there is contaminated with radioactive waters and spreading. Whatever it is, we can no longer rest on our laurels and assume that Singapore will never have earthquakes or tsunamis. In fact, the reclaimed lands is quite vulnerable. Not saying that you cannot buy the coastal reclaimed areas, but know your risk and what you're getting into.

Quote Originally Posted by Negligible
    Hello. It's negligible lah.

Teo told parliament that the U.S. government informed Singapore that the cumulative amount of radioactivity that could have been leaked by the Houston when it visited Changi Naval Base on Sept. 22 to 26, 2006, was only about 0.095 microcurie.

"The United States indicated that this was less than the amount of radioactivity found in a common smoke detector," he said, adding that it has also assured that it "would not have any adverse effect on human health, marine life or the environment."

Teo said the ministry's scientists have also assessed that based on U.S. Navy data, "the potential exposure is 100,000 times less than exposure from natural radiation in a year."

Full report here
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_lim
    wow so fast! haha.. I am like missing out on my baby growing up! Will only be back in sg in december.. gogogo...

Are you guys gonna rent out or own stay?
    Hi Bro

I will likely going to stay in there, need to have a good taste of staying in a condo above a shopping centre!

What about yourself?

Do you mind to share which blk are you staying? how many Bedroom you bought?

Hi KongMing Bro........

do you know where can we find the actual flooeplan with dimension for our unit.

Quote Originally Posted by w13ng
    Hi KongMing Bro........

do you know where can we find the actual flooeplan with dimension for our unit.
    Hi Bro

you can find the actial floorplan here in this website:

http://www.era.com.sg/ERA/Buy/main.j...ris&page=units

However there is no dimension at all in this website.

From what im looking from the MRT station, most of the Centris units does comes with big living room and huge master room (even for 2 bedroom), hence I would expect these area to be rather spacious when the actual unit is ready.

centris waste of time Guest

centris is a waste of time, dont know whether to call it a shopping centre or a private condo. it is just wierd to have a condo in a shopping centre coz it is neither here nor there. it appears really odd to tell people you live in a shopping centre and private living space has become a public space for thousands of people to enjoy. I think centris might as well be called Jurong Point Residence, which is a more appropriate name. most condos have their own private land which makes it exclusive, but as for centris, it is rojak....

Unregistered001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by centris waste of time
    centris is a waste of time, dont know whether to call it a shopping centre or a private condo. it is just wierd to have a condo in a shopping centre coz it is neither here nor there. it appears really odd to tell people you live in a shopping centre and private living space has become a public space for thousands of people to enjoy. I think centris might as well be called Jurong Point Residence, which is a more appropriate name. most condos have their own private land which makes it exclusive, but as for centris, it is rojak....
    The private place such as the pools etc are NOT OPEN to the public but the shopping centre is certainly open to the residences.

That is why this project allows one to enjoy a shopping centre while at the same time, a private living space if one wishes.

Anyway, from your argument, i think you will classify Orchard residences as Rojak too?

centris sucks Guest

private space above a shopping mall and you call that exclusive? it is not even sitting on an exclusive piece of land as the same piece of land is shared by thousands of shoppers and the public, so you call that exclusive? you can separate the top (for private use) and the bottom (for shoppers) but ultimately majority of that plot of land is designated for public use. you can scream ur head out that you are living in private property, but it is only the top portion of the building, not even the entire building....hope you get my point.....

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered001
    The private place such as the pools etc are NOT OPEN to the public but the shopping centre is certainly open to the residences.

That is why this project allows one to enjoy a shopping centre while at the same time, a private living space if one wishes.

Anyway, from your argument, i think you will classify Orchard residences as Rojak too?

Comparing to orchard? Guest

You cannot compare to Orchard where it is in the heart of singapore's prime district. rental along that stretch can go to as high as $80 psf per month and if you can live above these high end shopping belts, it is a prestige, so you cannot compare jurong point with orchard.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered001

FO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Comparing to orchard?
    You cannot compare to Orchard where it is in the heart of singapore's prime district. rental along that stretch can go to as high as $80 psf per month and if you can live above these high end shopping belts, it is a prestige, so you cannot compare jurong point with orchard.
    Hello Centris Owners,

Ignore this joker, don't reply to its posting.

Quote Originally Posted by FO
    Hello Centris Owners,

Ignore this joker, don't reply to its posting.
    Yeah, these jokers has been lying here since day 1 spouting nonsense and sour grapes kind of comments.

Its a matter of fact such development is a luxury and convenience to me, I do not care how they feel, I just know this concept will bring me a great level of convenience, if you think so, pls feel free to share some constructive comments, else pls get out of here.

Sour grapes Guest

Default breakdown of sour grapes mentality

Based on what those sour grapes mentioned:

Stay above Shopping centre in Jurong = No exclusivity = Jurong sucks etc
    Stay above Shopping centre in Orchard = High Rent = Prestige

Govt claims air in Jurong is ok = Air is polluted in Jurong = retarded babies in Jurong

Govt claims radioactive leaks in east negligible = No radioactive leaks whatsoever.

Newspapers report that East has highest proportion of HDB upgraders =
    Jurong has highest proportion of HDB upgraders.

I wonder how these morons think and read.

ZZ Top Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sour grapes
    Based on what those sour grapes mentioned:

Stay above Shopping centre in Jurong = No exclusivity = Jurong sucks etc
    Stay above Shopping centre in Orchard = High Rent = Prestige

Govt claims air in Jurong is ok = Air is polluted in Jurong = retarded babies in Jurong

Govt claims radioactive leaks in east negligible = No radioactive leaks whatsoever.

Newspapers report that East has highest proportion of HDB upgraders =
    Jurong has highest proportion of HDB upgraders.

I wonder how these morons think and read.
    Guys...ignore this moron. He is the same idiot going round talking nonsense since the 1st day. The sour grape that still living in kampong cos he cant even afford to stay in HDB..lol

pseudo private centris Guest

centris is pseudo pte property in a polluted town located in blue collar foreign workers haven. Pte living among wrong crowd

Quote Originally Posted by kongming
    Hi Bro

I will likely going to stay in there, need to have a good taste of staying in a condo above a shopping centre!

What about yourself?

Do you mind to share which blk are you staying? how many Bedroom you bought?

Hi bro,

Mine is blk 77 2-bedroom. I most probably will be renting it out.

Its certainly nice to stay at Jurong point itself. I am working in the area and live nearby too. As I drive, I have less incentive to stay here although its really difficult for me to resist the temptation.

I think I will wait and see if I can get a premium for rent at centris compared to my current place. If the difference is small eg.$100, then I will move in.

Mind sharing which block you bought? cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jurong industrial town
    but jurong is industrial town whatever u say. Paying 700psf to 900psf for a condo in industrial town is nuts. Everyday smelling factory produce in the air, how can that be gd? Dont be fooled by how nice the condos look, buy a gd property in a gd locatn is all i can say

Yes Jurong west is an industrial town. But who is paying $700-900psf here? I am sure we all paid much less.

If you know someone willing to pay this price, please ask him to drop me a message. I may be willing to make a deal. hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by pseudo private centris
    centris is pseudo pte property in a polluted town located in blue collar foreign workers haven. Pte living among wrong crowd

I am sure you have never come to Jurong point before.

Jurong888 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Negligible
    Hello. It's negligible lah.

Teo told parliament that the U.S. government informed Singapore that the cumulative amount of radioactivity that could have been leaked by the Houston when it visited Changi Naval Base on Sept. 22 to 26, 2006, was only about 0.095 microcurie.

"The United States indicated that this was less than the amount of radioactivity found in a common smoke detector," he said, adding that it has also assured that it "would not have any adverse effect on human health, marine life or the environment."

Teo said the ministry's scientists have also assessed that based on U.S. Navy data, "the potential exposure is 100,000 times less than exposure from natural radiation in a year."

Full report here
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    Agreed. Nothing compared to nitride and solvent vapours, soot/carbon and sulphur emissions from factories and oil refineries in Jurong.

Jurong888 Guest

I am sure you have never come to Jurong point before.
    I do visit Jurong Point at least once a week cos I work near there. The JP crowd have more poor-like foreigners than the home crowd at Parkway Parade. Just see the type of cars at the carparks of both JP and PP and you would know the social status of the owners on the ladder of life. Expensive Mercedes and BMWs are quite numerous at PP in the east but hardly seen in JP.

I was wondering why this Centris thread was sooooooo popular

attracting sooooo many non centris owners giving sour grapes kind of

comments.

Hi bro,

Its certainly nice to stay at Jurong point itself. I am working in the area and live nearby too. As I drive, I have less incentive to stay here although its really difficult for me to resist the temptation.

I think I will wait and see if I can get a premium for rent at centris compared to my current place. If the difference is small eg.$100, then I will move in.

Hi jason.........

Im @ blk 81 2 bedroom also...........

Jurong888 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by w13ng
    I was wondering why this Centris thread was sooooooo popular

attracting sooooo many non centris owners giving sour grapes kind of

comments.
    Not being sour grapes but just clarifying misinformation and wrong facts dished out in this thread by over-protective Centris owners. Afterall, some of us are familiar with properties all over Singapore so we are just speaking from experience.

Hi bro,

Hi Bro

My BLK also 77, maybe we are neighbours

My unit is pool facing, hope to see you there when TOP!

Also, to all sour grapes here, we are not being over protective here, like what I always said, we bought here as we see the potential for this project, and I pay for the great convenience I get. If you do not like it here, by all means go and stay elsewhere, its not my problem anyway.

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jurong888
    I do visit Jurong Point at least once a week cos I work near there. The JP crowd have more poor-like foreigners than the home crowd at Parkway Parade. Just see the type of cars at the carparks of both JP and PP and you would know the social status of the owners on the ladder of life. Expensive Mercedes and BMWs are quite numerous at PP in the east but hardly seen in JP.
    OMG. Parkway Parade is full of those massage parlours and pei du mamas asking for massages.

haha Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1
    OMG. Parkway Parade is full of those massage parlours and pei du mamas asking for massages.

You sure, dun anyhow say, JP got all the blangala even worst right, go see for yourself in the evening on wkend, who knows they might shit and pee below your condo.

foreign workers haven Guest

people talk about serangoon gardens having a foreign workers dorm, but the entire jurong is a foreign workers haven, even more chia lat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurong888

Most people who come to jurong point are from the nearby HDB estates. Unlike the East and around Parkway area, Jurong west doesn't have as many private estates. therefore its not suprising that you don't see so many luxury cars around, just like the other suburban malls in Singapore.

The crowd here is middle-class but definately not poor... at least not the majority. Jurong point shops pay one of the highest rents in Singapore and the resturants are mostly full during dinner time in any day of the week.

Foreigners here are mostly students staying nearby....

but whos not poor when we were in school and surviving on pocket money? at least I was.

Unregistered01 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by haha
    You sure, dun anyhow say, JP got all the blangala even worst right, go see for yourself in the evening on wkend, who knows they might shit and pee below your condo.
    Why not u take a walk yourself in roxy square and see for yourself.
    Maybe your daughter will become one!

hahaha Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered01
    Why not u take a walk yourself in roxy square and see for yourself.
    Maybe your daughter will become one!

Roxy square and parkway parade are 2 different places, dun know much about the east dun anyhow say. You should be more worry about your wife and daughter with so many bangala around when they come home late at night than me. Who knows these bangala may show interest in them.

Gem! Guest

It is true that there are lots of foreign workers around Jurong Point area. And this poses a danger to ladies going home especially those staying in the nearby HDB. This is also what makes it special for Centris owners.....the route back home from MRT/interchange is brightly lit and there are security at Entrance of the Condo to prevent outsiders from venturing into private property.

There is a premium to enjoy such privileges which Centris owners have paid for in terms of higher prices for private housing rather than government subsidized housing. Seems that some people do not like Jurong West....but then it is your own preferences. I knew of many friends who like staying in Jurong West. And many liked the Centris concept which is linked directly to Jurong Point Shopping mall.....this is what makes this project so special and unique indeed from other developments.

Future Jurong Guest

Default will not be the same

Jurong will be a transformed district in the next 10 years. You can see works in this area are already in progress. There are simply too many sour grapes who can't accept that the government has planned to decentralise the buzz in town to this area which will become the largest business hub outside the CBD. They fail to realise that change is fast taking place here and what used to be an industrial area is no longer the same today. They are at least 20 years backward in their knowledge and impression of Jurong. You will see more and more private condos being built over the next few years as more affluent locals and expats create the demand for private housing in Jurong.

With the high costs of the CBD and office rental, more companies are having flexible working arrangement such as working from home and flexi hours. This means the need to travel is reduced. The premium between living 5km and 20km from town will be increasingly narrower. Those who have bought The Centris will be handsomely rewarded in time to come.