Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centris @ Jurong Point

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    Aiya the 675k you see in newspaper is asking price only, doesn't mean people will pay this kind of price, you can even ask 1 million if you like, haha
    I know lah, why dun you try to bargain on the quoted 675K and let me know how low you can get loh.

Chances are you will haha!

Default Cheers!

Its good to see that the forum adminstrators are cleaning up this forum again.

Lets keep this forum alive and clean again!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by 8:::o
    only goondus will buy centris from 1st owners now.
    Hi,

I think the rental yield for centris will be good. NTU currently and in the near future will not have sufficient on-campus housing provisions for its faculty members.

Many new faculty members, researchers and post-grad students are currently renting in the area. Some of them are already paying $1800-2000/mth for a HDB flat nearby and more for condos.

So I feel Centris will provide good rental returns.

123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_lim
    Hi,

I think the rental yield for centris will be good. NTU currently and in the near future will not have sufficient on-campus housing provisions for its faculty members.

Many new faculty members, researchers and post-grad students are currently renting in the area. Some of them are already paying $1800-2000/mth for a HDB flat nearby and more for condos.

So I feel Centris will provide good rental returns.
    Mind you centris is not the only condo in the area, there are so many there like lakehome, lakeshore and the new ones coming up opposite lakeshore, more competitive that is for sure not only for all these condos but also the HDBs at the area.

student Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 123
    Mind you centris is not the only condo in the area, there are so many there like lakehome, lakeshore and the new ones coming up opposite lakeshore, more competitive that is for sure not only for all these condos but also the HDBs at the area.
    students are diff from working adults.....they will look for condo (paid by parents anyway) instead of HDB cos they can have nice and private facilities to hang around with frens.
    Centris will have the best amenties students will prefer that include shopping, food courts, hypermarket, cinema, bookshops, fastfoods..... not to mention aircon interchange right at your footsteps!
    Cant imagine girls walking back to lazeholmz, LS late at nite since most dont drive.... too deserted....watch out for perverts!

Quote Originally Posted by 123
    True. However,

I feel Centris stands out from the competition simpily because of its location. The convinence of a direct bus ride from NTU to Jurong point, supermarket, resturants, library etc all within walking distance. Other condos in the area requires a short bus ride or drive to these amenities. Also NTU provides housing allowances to off-set the rents, therefore I feel the faculty members won't mind paying a premium for a unit that offers this much convinences...

what location? Guest

what location? By being close to industrial area and amidst pollution frm factories and foreign workers is good locatn?chio gao peng....
    True. However,

I feel Centris stands out from the competition simpily because of its location. The convinence of a direct bus ride from NTU to Jurong point, supermarket, resturants, library etc all within walking distance. Other condos in the area requires a short bus ride or drive to these amenities. Also NTU provides housing allowances to off-set the rents, therefore I feel the faculty members won't mind paying a premium for a unit that offers this much convinences...

Best location in Jurong Guest

Default Not good location?

Oh come on, if its not a good location can you think of a better place in jurong that got the closest proximity to MRT, bus interchange, biggest suburban mall, community library, state park, future SAFRA club? I mean as of now it is the best among Lakeshore, lakeholmz etc. As a student or working adult with family i would choose that place. Every where in Singapore is polluted. In fact air pollution in city area is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by what location?
    what location? By being close to industrial area and amidst pollution frm factories and foreign workers is good locatn?chio gao peng....

True. However,

I cannot agree more with you, rental for sure will be good despite bad economy turmoil i believe, however Im not too sure why there are just too many sour grapes here in this forum, we are here to share more information on Centris, but these ppl seems enjoying talking crap here and let's leave them alone.

Unregistered13 Guest

True. However,

Anyone knows if Floravale (EC opposite NTU) has many tenants who are NTU students?

Go west! Guest

That I agree. There is SO MUCH CONSTRUCTION in Orchard Road and East Coast. It's like a massive construction site. The air is those areas is very bad, 100 times worse. With the Changi Airport (jet fuel is gazillion times worst than car fuel)and the confirmed radioactive leak in East Coast, I cannot imagine the pollution levels at our East area. And the latest news that Singapore now has fairly high risk of Tsunami and earthquake (and our planners did NOT have foresight and did NOT cater for earthquakes in those East Coast buildings on reclaimed land), the western region with strong granite and near nature reserves is the best place to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Best location in Jurong
    Oh come on, if its not a good location can you think of a better place in jurong that got the closest proximity to MRT, bus interchange, biggest suburban mall, community library, state park, future SAFRA club? I mean as of now it is the best among Lakeshore, lakeholmz etc. As a student or working adult with family i would choose that place. Every where in Singapore is polluted. In fact air pollution in city area is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered13
    Anyone knows if Floravale (EC opposite NTU) has many tenants who are NTU students?

Hi, I think not many students are renting condos in this area. Most should be renting HDB flats or HDB-converted hostels.

From from my knowledge, there are a number of such hostels in the area. EM services even has 100+ HDB units at Blk273++ area to rent out.

So I don't expect any rental opportunities from students for my condo here. Especially in the recent years, rental demand has been strong, I rather rent it to professionals working in the Tuas area or NTU foreign staff. I feel safer renting it to these people than students.

Quote Originally Posted by kongming
    I cannot agree more with you, rental for sure will be good despite bad economy turmoil i believe, however Im not too sure why there are just too many sour grapes here in this forum, we are here to share more information on Centris, but these ppl seems enjoying talking crap here and let's leave them alone.

Yes! rental yield in JW area has been very good. I m getting 6-7% per year currently. The best thing about the rental market in Jurong West is that its almost recession proof- haha, maybe is because its so far from the CBD.

Unless the tuas industrial area and ntu/nus close down, I will not sell my unit.

Whereelse in Singapore can one get good returns with a low investment quantum?

Centris Rental Guest

Hi, I think not many students are renting condos in this area. Most should be renting HDB flats or HDB-converted hostels.

From from my knowledge, there are a number of such hostels in the area. EM services even has 100+ HDB units at Blk273++ area to rent out.

So I don't expect any rental opportunities from students for my condo here. Especially in the recent years, rental demand has been strong, I rather rent it to professionals working in the Tuas area or NTU foreign staff. I feel safer renting it to these people than students.

i agree with you. I will not rent to student. With this amount of rental, they would be sharing apartments so the wear and tear will be severe. Moreover, they are busy with study and activities, will not have time to take care of the homes. And with the school nearby, they may often invite classmates over for a wild party.

I have gotten bad experience with students and do not want to take risk anymore. I will only rent to professionals working in Jurong.

Radioactive leak? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Go west!
    That I agree. There is SO MUCH CONSTRUCTION in Orchard Road and East Coast. It's like a massive construction site. The air is those areas is very bad, 100 times worse. With the Changi Airport (jet fuel is gazillion times worst than car fuel)and the confirmed radioactive leak in East Coast, I cannot imagine the pollution levels at our East area. And the latest news that Singapore now has fairly high risk of Tsunami and earthquake (and our planners did NOT have foresight and did NOT cater for earthquakes in those East Coast buildings on reclaimed land), the western region with strong granite and near nature reserves is the best place to stay.
    What confirmed radioactive leak? Where is this reported?

Radioactive leak? Guest

Default What Tsunami and earthquake risk?

What confirmed radioactive leak, tsunami and earthquake risk? Where is this reported? Don't make up stories.

heard some rumours Guest

watch out for governments' plan to shift industrials to the east..hehe

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heard some rumours
    watch out for governments' plan to shift industrials to the east..hehe
    Just confirmed with them, not happening.

jurong industrial town Guest

but jurong is industrial town whatever u say. Paying 700psf to 900psf for a condo in industrial town is nuts. Everyday smelling factory produce in the air, how can that be gd? Dont be fooled by how nice the condos look, buy a gd property in a gd locatn is all i can say

168 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Centris Rental
    i agree with you. I will not rent to student. With this amount of rental, they would be sharing apartments so the wear and tear will be severe. Moreover, they are busy with study and activities, will not have time to take care of the homes. And with the school nearby, they may often invite classmates over for a wild party.

I have gotten bad experience with students and do not want to take risk anymore. I will only rent to professionals working in Jurong.

Not everybody who works in Jurong will want to rent in Jurong, many rather rent in areas further from the air pollution like clementi, west coast etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jurong industrial town
    but jurong is industrial town whatever u say. Paying 700psf to 900psf for a condo in industrial town is nuts. Everyday smelling factory produce in the air, how can that be gd? Dont be fooled by how nice the condos look, buy a gd property in a gd locatn is all i can say
    Nuts? Mind you, Centris is a sold out project, are you saying the 610 owners are nuts??

I think otherwise, Jurong will be a business gateway like what the masterplan says, good investment in the long run.

Moreover with lots of expats working in these industrial, rental would be easier, Centris is filled with lots of amenities, and that is its selling point.

Same Same Guest

Default Again abt Air pollution??

Quote Originally Posted by 168
    Not everybody who works in Jurong will want to rent in Jurong, many rather rent in areas further from the air pollution like clementi, west coast etc.
    Again you're talking abt air pollution??? not asking you to stay in the industry park la.... wonder y ppl keep talking abt the same old things again n again.. probably there are nothing bad except the air isn't it? Hey if you r not interested in this area then y keep coming to this site... I wonder y I wonder how... !!! lemon tree song u heard of??

Centris Guest

Default Centris

Quote Originally Posted by kongming
    Nuts? Mind you, Centris is a sold out project, are you saying the 610 owners are nuts??

I think otherwise, Jurong will be a business gateway like what the masterplan says, good investment in the long run.

Moreover with lots of expats working in these industrial, rental would be easier, Centris is filled with lots of amenities, and that is its selling point.
    I agree with the above, the nuts only think of nuts (brain too small to think). Wonder how do they measured if one is going to say that ppl who bought Centris is not wise. It was one of the project (even thou it is in Jurong) that sold out totally just within 6-9mths time.

Centris Owner Guest

I was at Jurong Point last evening... so excited to see that few blks facing the MRT track has been painted white. Wonder what will be the color of the condo n I also noticed that the window frame is black in color. I thought it's white when we seen it in the showroom? They have removed the net that is covering the structural so think it should be done soon... It is really going to be a huge site.

Quote Originally Posted by Centris Owner
    I was at Jurong Point last evening... so excited to see that few blks facing the MRT track has been painted white. Wonder what will be the color of the condo n I also noticed that the window frame is black in color. I thought it's white when we seen it in the showroom? They have removed the net that is covering the structural so think it should be done soon... It is really going to be a huge site.
    Hi Centris Owner,

I was there too last weekend, those window frame are cover with black plastic for protection I think, it should be white in color.

I still do see the net on for those blocks facing the HDB, I do hope that it will TOP by mid of next year.

Shopping centre should be ready on year end.

CHeers!

ST Guest

Straits Times reported it. i remember reading as well. Tsunami news just 2 days ago. Would suggest u read papers more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive leak?
    What confirmed radioactive leak, tsunami and earthquake risk? Where is this reported? Don't make up stories.

Read newspaper Guest

Just google about US submarine radioactive leak in Singapore waters. Please do read papers. Such silly question show your ignorance with what's happening around Singapore, let alone the world....

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive leak?
    What confirmed radioactive leak? Where is this reported?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Centris Owner

wow so fast! haha.. I am like missing out on my baby growing up! Will only be back in sg in december.. gogogo...

Are you guys gonna rent out or own stay?

radioactive leak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Read newspaper
    Just google about US submarine radioactive leak in Singapore waters. Please do read papers. Such silly question show your ignorance with what's happening around Singapore, let alone the world....
    http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%...825-84156.html

Negligible Guest

Quote Originally Posted by radioactive leak
    Hello. It's negligible lah.

Teo told parliament that the U.S. government informed Singapore that the cumulative amount of radioactivity that could have been leaked by the Houston when it visited Changi Naval Base on Sept. 22 to 26, 2006, was only about 0.095 microcurie.

"The United States indicated that this was less than the amount of radioactivity found in a common smoke detector," he said, adding that it has also assured that it "would not have any adverse effect on human health, marine life or the environment."

Teo said the ministry's scientists have also assessed that based on U.S. Navy data, "the potential exposure is 100,000 times less than exposure from natural radiation in a year."

Full report here
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1