Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parc Centennial (D9, Freehold, EL Development)

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Parc Centennial (D9, Freehold, EL Development)

http://www.straitstimes.com/Life%252...ry_263484.html

Aug 2, 2008

The bigger, the better

If recent condominium project launches are anything to go by, expansive balconies are hot among homebuyers

By Janice Tai

BED AND BALCONY (above): Among the features of the 51-unit Parc Centennial condo is a balcony that spans from the bedroom to the living room (not shown). Located in Kampong Java Road, the project is expected to be completed in 2011. -- PHOTOS: EL DEVELOPMENT, CITY DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED

SOAK UP THE SCENERY: Cliveden at Grange Road, which offers three-, four- and five-bedroom units, comes with panoramic views of Orchard Road which can be enjoyed from the expensive balconies.

GREEN VIEWS: Located off Bukit Timah Road, the Shelford Suites condominium project has 77 units, all of which look out to lush greenery. Its targeted completion date is 2011.

ALL it took was one look at the big balcony spanning the living room and the master bedroom, and the deal was sealed for Mrs Jean Hong.

The 47-year-old company director bought a three-bedroom unit for close to $1,500 per square foot in the Parc Centennial condominium in Kampong Java Road three months ago and is still gushing about the large balcony to her friends.

She is planning to rent it out and feels expatriates will appreciate the balcony space.

'There is enough space to put some chairs and a small table in the balcony, so that the tenant is able to have a drink or read there without cluttering the place unnecessarily,' she said.

Parc Centennial is among a number of new condos that are bucking the trend of developments from the 1990s, which had balconies that were tiny corners with just standing space or irregular-shaped ones that nobody used.

In contrast, some of the new private housing projects today have large balconies that even extend to the master bedroom or outside the lift.

Projects with generous balconies include completed ones like Residences@Evelyn in Evelyn Road as well as those nearing completion such as Parc Centennial, JIA at 65 Wilkie Road, Lucida in Suffolk Road, Parc Mackenzie in Mackenzie Road and Cliveden at Grange in Grange Road.

Developers say that buyers prefer units with large balconies because the open space lets in natural light and ventilation and can be used as an alfresco dining area or just an outdoor area to relax in.

EL Development, the developer behind Parc Centennial, designed its units with large balconies because of the expansive views offered at the site: There are no tall buildings nearby so residents have good views of the surrounding greenery.

The balcony also serves to screen off the afternoon sun for the west-facing units.

Similarly for developer City Developments Limited (CDL), the decision to incorporate balconies into the projects depends on their location.

'Typically, buyers would like a balcony where there are good views of the surroundings, such as the lush greenery which residents of Shelford Suites or Cliveden at Grange can enjoy, or if there are waterfront views that can be appreciated, which is the case with One Shenton and The Oceanfront@Sentosa Cove,' said Mr Chia Ngiang Hong, group general manager of CDL.

Larger balconies are also good for homeowners to keep in touch with their surroundings, says developer SDB. Its first local project here, JIA, is only seven storeys high so owners get to enjoy the greenery nearby from their balconies.

The developer also designed the balconies with enough depth to put a coffee table.

'Enjoying the outdoors from the balcony means being able to have a relaxing cup of tea comfortably seated,' said Ms Leon Kim Yoke, senior manager of SDB Properties.

The developer has also included 'fold and slide' screens at the balconies to provide privacy when required. They double as safety features.

Their two-bedroom units even have the lift opening directly into the balcony.

'Large balconies are targeted at those who enjoy the outdoors and do not want to be confined to indoor spaces only. Anyone downsizing from a landed property to an apartment would particularly appreciate such features,' Ms Kim Yoke added.

Mrs Hong, who lives in Serangoon Gardens, agrees.

'In my house, I can take a walk around my garden or koi pond, but in a condo, you have only your bedrooms and living room to turn to, so having a balcony helps.

'Even some HDB flats are getting their own balconies too nowadays. With large balconies, I am able to get higher rents for my unit,' she said.

About 70 to 80 per cent of expatriates opt for large balconies, according to Mr John Koh, 60, associate director of Huttons real estate group.

'Singaporeans are quite kiasu. Some think it is a waste of space and don't want to pay for it,' he said.

Senior executive Kelvin Ho, who bought a flat in Parc Mackenzie, begged to differ.

'I don't understand why people don't want balconies. I like the open air, space, lights, breeze and view. I think it is usable space,' he said.

It is opportune that buyers like him have secured units that come with large balconies as they may become a thing of the past with the recent announcement by the Urban Redevelopment Authority.

From Oct 7, features such as bay windows, balconcies and planter boxes are no longer exempt from the gross floor area (GFA) calculations.

This means that developers may scale down balcony sizes since they will be charged for the area, unlike now.

'I think it's scary if the sizes of balconies shrink in future as Singapore is going to be one large concrete jungle,' said Mrs Hong.

'Personally, I do not mind paying for the space if the design is nice and it is functional.'

[email protected]

Default Impressive and comprehensive search engine

hi,
    Just to share this site with u http://www.virtualhomes.sg/parccentennial
    720 degree virtual tour and pictures speaks better than word.Go visit,then u will know wat's the site is.

Fúck You Guest

Quote Originally Posted by windyfoong
    hi,
    Just to share this site with u http://www.virtualhomes.sg/parccentennial
    720 degree virtual tour and pictures speaks better than word.Go visit,then u will know wat's the site is.
    Fùck off with your message posted anywhere. The threads are not rubbish bins for you to dump your rubbish!

Default Relaunch of Parc Centennial

Parc Centennial is having a soft launch this Friday, starting from $1,180/sgft. Is this reasonable? Any opinion welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pen Lee
    Parc Centennial is having a soft launch this Friday, starting from $1,180/sgft. Is this reasonable? Any opinion welcomed.
    units starting from 1000+sf correct?

$1180 is close to $1200psf, well, for a 1000sf 2/3 bedder, cost = $1.2mil, rental now maybe 4k. So rental Yield is 4%, it's quite low in terms of rental yield.

The Novena area is quite concentrated now with developments new and old, so price competition is there. i say ard $1050psf not more can buy for own stay, for invenstment, got to be careful...

In 2005, Novena new launch is only about $800-$900psf, now economic conditions is worst, by right it should not go beyond the $1k psf for new launch for D11.

i would rather look at 1 moulmein rise / novena suites / newton suites than this project though, my personal taste...

if economic downturn is not prolong, then slightly above $1k psf for D11...good projects i tink is ok

Price seems reasonable... but the road name sucks. Kampong Java Road? If you tell anyone you live in Kampong Java, nobody will know it's in D9. It sounds like some ulu place far far away...

For this price range, I'll rather increase my budget to $1200-$1300 and will likely find a better value property.

Personally, I don't see as much demand or upside for this project in the resale market compared to others like Rivergate etc.

Anyone knows what is the take up rate now?
    Home of Waterfront Waves @ http://waterfrontwaves.freeforums.org

http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/St...ry_378581.html

May 19, 2009 Tuesday

Price cuts draw buyers to 3 condo relaunches

Parc Centennial sold 32 units at $1,115 psf to $1,233 psf over the weekend. Prices were about 20 per cent lower than last year's $1,450 psf. -- PHOTO: EL DEVELOPMENT

THREE prime condominium projects that struggled to generate interest last year saw a surge of buyer activity over the weekend after developers cut their prices.

The freehold 19-storey Parc Centennial in Kampong Java Road - where all 51 units are served by private lifts - sold 32 units at $1,115 per square foot (psf) to $1,233 psf, or from $1.27 million to $1.93 million. This price level is about 20 per cent lower than last year's $1,450 psf, and the interest absorption scheme is included.

Developer EL Development sold only six units in April and May last year when the project was originally released for sale. And at a private preview in March this year, it sold a 2,486 sq ft penthouse unit for $1,005 psf.

It held a preview this past weekend and has now sold all the two-bedroom units, which start from 1,098 sq ft. The three-bedders increase in size to 1,572 sq ft.

Managing director Lim Yew Soon said he had raised the prices of the remaining 12 three-bedroom units at Parc Centennial by 2 per cent.

Over at the 302-unit Martin Place Residences in River Valley, a soft launch over the weekend saw sales of 80 units at $1,450 psf on average, out of a total of 100 units launched.

Developer Frasers Centrepoint Homes said the 'attractive pricing' drew buyers. It released units priced from $1,260 psf to $1,700 psf, compared with the initial 28 units sold at $1,700 psf to $2,000 psf last year.

Singaporeans made up 62 per cent of the buyers at Martin Place Residences, with the rest being permanent residents and foreigners.

Earlier, CapitaLand had reported strong weekend sales at its 173-unit The Wharf Residence. About 95 per cent of the buyers chose not to take up the stamp duty waiver and interest absorption, preferring a straight 8 per cent price cut, it said yesterday.

Prices started at just below $1,000 psf for units with private enclosed space and many of the weekend deals were done at less than $1,300 psf, industry sources said.

Attractive price cuts, coupled with the recent stock market rally and a fear of losing out, are some of the key factors spurring buyer interest, experts said.

Compared with the situation late last year, buyers are more confident and developers seem to be taking advantage of improving sentiment to relaunch projects at attractive prices, said PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail.

JOYCE TEO

Default parc centenniel fullly sold...but is it worth it?

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a place for investment purposes and caught the wave when Parc Centenniel was first launched in early May...

This condo has been fully sold within few weeks of launch, without a need for much advertisement. Prices have fallen by almost 20% since it was first launched, but I'm still wondering if paying 1208 psf (for a high floor) is worth it in comparision to the other competing condos around that area...maintenance fee of PC will be starting at $350 per month.

The TOP is expected to be by end Dec 2011. Does anyone have views on projected rental yields - is 5% realistic at all?
    Any idea how i can find get a good gauge of how the trend for rental yields in SGP?

If one is given an option to exercise a HDB BTO at Punggol, is that a better deal than buying a condo like PC at this juncture?

Many thanks for your advice!

Quote Originally Posted by kave
    Hi,

I'm planning to buy a place for investment purposes and caught the wave when Parc Centenniel was first launched in early May...

This condo has been fully sold within few weeks of launch, without a need for much advertisement. Prices have fallen by almost 20% since it was first launched, but I'm still wondering if paying 1208 psf (for a high floor) is worth it in comparision to the other competing condos around that area...maintenance fee of PC will be starting at $350 per month.

The TOP is expected to be by end Dec 2011. Does anyone have views on projected rental yields - is 5% realistic at all?
    Any idea how i can find get a good gauge of how the trend for rental yields in SGP?

If one is given an option to exercise a HDB BTO at Punggol, is that a better deal than buying a condo like PC at this juncture?

5% yield based on current mkt price is rare & probably not realistic.. in fact rental yields r projected to drop further from 3.6% to 2.8%

BTOs and PC vastly diff product restrictions & psf pricing, hard to compare leh

Is the unit you got at 1208psf a 2 or 3 bedroom? what size? rental yield is based on the total $ quantum.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by august
    5% yield based on current mkt price is rare & probably not realistic.. in fact rental yields r projected to drop further from 3.6% to 2.8%

Indeed, based on current market prices, gross yield is a miserable 2-3%. For long term investors, this is crazy. But for speculators, of coz they dun care. Which means to say, its another bubble in the making. Thus to all buyers, be very careful least you get stuck with a property that will never recover in price for the next 10 years. It happens to a lot of people in 1996-1999. And history will repeat itself.

That's why i urge people to match their asking prices such that the rental yield can at least be 6%. Dun let the agents or sellers cheat you by saying bank loan interests rates are low now. But we never know when it will increase. For every article that argues interests rate will remain low, there will be one that says it will increase, especially with inflation looming. And if there is a flight from USD, which China and Russia are increasing advocating, US Fed may just need to do the opposite, ie increase interest rates to maintain the attractiveness of USD. So buyers, think hard and long, ie long term. Be it investors or own stay.

thank you all for the valuable advice...much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Indeed, based on current market prices, gross yield is a miserable 2-3%. For long term investors, this is crazy. But for speculators, of coz they dun care. Which means to say, its another bubble in the making. Thus to all buyers, be very careful least you get stuck with a property that will never recover in price for the next 10 years. It happens to a lot of people in 1996-1999. And history will repeat itself.

That's why i urge people to match their asking prices such that the rental yield can at least be 6%. Dun let the agents or sellers cheat you by saying bank loan interests rates are low now. But we never know when it will increase. For every article that argues interests rate will remain low, there will be one that says it will increase, especially with inflation looming. And if there is a flight from USD, which China and Russia are increasing advocating, US Fed may just need to do the opposite, ie increase interest rates to maintain the attractiveness of USD. So buyers, think hard and long, ie long term. Be it investors or own stay.
    6% yield in Sgp? Are u referring to those that come wif rental guarantee especially from Fxx Exxt? C'mon Sgp Prime area properties yield are never that high, n i would be careful if it is so high. One can try Msia KL if one is looking for yield prob can get 7%.

Hi,

5% is unrealistic, esp for PC as this type of small devt is dime in a dozen (sorry no offence). Coupled wif high maintenance fee for less than complete full condo facilities n not that outstanding location, it would be a challenge to get a good return vis a vis neighbouring projects in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    6% yield in Sgp? Are u referring to those that come wif rental guarantee especially from Fxx Exxt? C'mon Sgp Prime area properties yield are never that high, n i would be careful if it is so high. One can try Msia KL if one is looking for yield prob can get 7%.
    just for your info

i bought a landed in 2006 ..renovated it .. moved in for a yr ..then leased it at 5.8 pct yield ..

lease just expired ... had my agent advertise it ...was lucky ..only 1 day of advertising ..and is now rented out for the next 2 yrs .. at 6 pct yield ....

it is not impossible ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    just for your info

i bought a landed in 2006 ..renovated it .. moved in for a yr ..then leased it at 5.8 pct yield ..

lease just expired ... had my agent advertise it ...was lucky ..only 1 day of advertising ..and is now rented out for the next 2 yrs .. at 6 pct yield ....

it is not impossible ...
    Wow, bought in 2006 and can get 6% yield, great investment! Can I guess, is it 6th Ave or Bkt Timah landed? If not for my dogs and son who walks to his primary school in NYPS, I also would rent my hse out. In fact, an agent friend asked me casually if i would be interested to rent it to a certain rich angmo who wanted his child to study in NYPS

Wow, bought in 2006 and can get 6% yield, great investment! Can I guess, is it 6th Ave or Bkt Timah landed? If not for my dogs and son who walks to his primary school in NYPS, I also would rent my hse out. In fact, an agent friend asked me casually if i would be interested to rent it to a certain rich angmo who wanted his child to study in NYPS
    nope .... dist 5

Nope, dun believe in those from developer. To get 6%, i mean one has to offer way below current speculated `market' price. Problem is, Singaporeans are too rich, or they think they WILL be rich or hope that Sg and the global economy WILL recover AND surpass 2007 level, judging by the asking px at some projects. Its like the financial crisis and collapse of lehman and GM was just a fiction from Hollywood.

Thumbs up

nope .... dist 5
    Well done my friend

I always believe one must have a landed in Sg and should stay in one due to the low yield + speed (lack of) of capital appreciation vs condos. Opportunity costs (psf basis) of staying in a landed to me is low and yet due to the scarcity of land in Sg, long term landed will always be worth something. However for condo, the sky's the limit. Both in terms of ability to expand skywards and also the support from foreigners. But entry price and tenure is important imo.

Well done my friend

I always believe one must have a landed in Sg and should stay in one due to the low yield + speed (lack of) of capital appreciation vs condos. Opportunity costs (psf basis) of staying in a landed to me is low and yet due to the scarcity of land in Sg, long term landed will always be worth something. However for condo, the sky's the limit. Both in terms of ability to expand skywards and also the support from foreigners. But entry price and tenure is important imo.
    Landed property has to be freehold or at least leasehold of 999 years to be worth to own it.

Default Rental Yield at PC

Assuming PC is completed in the current market, a 2 bedder would likely fetch about 4k and 3 bedder 5k+? So for now yield is still 3%+ but surely can't hit 4%. So if supply increases and economy worsens, indeed 2.8% is about right.

Quote Originally Posted by august

just for your info

it is not impossible ...
    Like u said, u renovated it moved in for some time... n meanwhile your property has appreciated, n unless your mention of high yield is measured against the current capital value + renovation cost, it is misleading if measured against your original purchase px. Just like my grandma bought her FH Landed Semi-D in D16 donkey yrs ago for a 5 digit sum, n if we measure yield against that original purchase px, it is highly misleading.

nothing is impossible. Even at today's market, i have heard, and seen rental 6%, 7% or higher...

It really depends on the entry point. Had i kept my cluster house, it would be reaping me above 10%.

But compared to market price, honestly, i'll be happy to get 4%.

yes, there looks like an oversupply situation in singapore in terms of rental. But i guess as long as there are unrealistic demand for rental price in the market, it is a better chance for me to rent out my units.

Like u said, u renovated it moved in for some time... n meanwhile your property has appreciated, n unless your mention of high yield is measured against the current capital value + renovation cost, it is misleading if measured against your original purchase px. Just like my grandma bought her FH Landed Semi-D in D16 donkey yrs ago for a 5 digit sum, n if we measure yield against that original purchase px, it is highly misleading.
    i bought in early 2006 for 1 mio .. spent 600k renovated it ... so my cost is 1.6 mio (cash) ..and 1.6 mio is 2007 price .. now i believe it is still 1.6 mio ..maybe more .. as my neighbour's original condition unit was sold last yr for 2 miio ...

and now its rented at 8.5 k

so you tell me lah .. whats the yield ?
    or am i misleading people ?

i bought in early 2006 for 1 mio .. spent 600k renovated it ... so my cost is 1.6 mio (cash) ..and 1.6 mio is 2007 price .. now i believe it is still 1.6 mio ..maybe more .. as my neighbour's original condition unit was sold last yr for 2 miio ...

That's a good investment. Congrats Frankly i didn't hear a lot of high yield for landed hse. Is it a FH hse n which part of D5 is the hse at? Do u reckon it is a better strategy than investing in condo?

First , it is all about timing. If I would have bought a landed in Newton area 30 years ago, what would be the yield if I rent out now.

Secondly , getting > 8% is not a norm. I do hear peoples strike toto. Does that mean strike toto is a norm.

thirdly, I can also bullshit that my unit yield is 20%. Talk is free right...?

Conclusion is : Yes , absolutely misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by 爱屋及乌
    First , it is all about timing. If I would have bought a landed in Newton area 30 years ago, what would be the yield if I rent out now.

Secondly , getting > 8% is not a norm. I do hear peoples strike toto. Does that mean strike toto is a norm.

thirdly, I can also bullshit that my unit yield is 20%. Talk is free right...?

Conclusion is : Yes , absolutely misleading.
    you can bullshit all you want ..

obviously you didnt read the whole forum ... i didnt buy 30 yrs ago ..
    second i didnt say 8 pct is a norm
    third you are the only one bullshitting here .. not me ...

go read the whole conversation from the start before you make a fool of yourself ... like the Crow on your house ..

i have shown the time frame , price and yield ..

i dont have to give you any proof HERE ...

i wish you all the best for your 20 pct yield ..