Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: The Arte @ Thomson (D12, Freehold, CDL)

23rd July 2011.

I am not too keen on this due to its proximity from PIE and facing. Cube * is really giving it a hard time for the next 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    23rd July 2011.

23rd July 2011.
    Azeoprop, we share the same interest. You are walking around and climbing HDB blocks too?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

23rd July 2011.
    is not an attractive building i feel... every time go by PIE sure cannot miss its somewhat dull bland colour and look.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Azeoprop, we share the same interest. You are walking around and climbing HDB blocks too?
    Hee hee, yeap, looking for the dream view.

I used to fantasize living in the penthouse in the Arte. But the price is simply exorbitant. Hubby said he will not pay so much to stay in the air. So, to take advantage of our rights as a citizen, we went ahead for a landed property.
    So each time I drive pass the Arte, I can only continue to fantasize.....

Yeah, for $3m, I would rather stay landed pty.. I even don't mind buying a land & do rebuild to suit to my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Yeah, for $3m, I would rather stay landed pty.. I even don't mind buying a land & do rebuild to suit to my taste.
    can't understand why anyone would like to live in a landed. mozzies galore and few facilities. plus, it is damp and dark inside, perfect for the poltergeists.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I am not too keen on this due to its proximity from PIE and facing. Cube * is really giving it a hard time for the next 2 years.
    You mean all the units is facing PIE & Cube 8??

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    can't understand why anyone would like to live in a landed. mozzies galore and few facilities. plus, it is damp and dark inside, perfect for the poltergeists.
    No facilities also ok lah.. even with full facilities, I only use the pool once every 2-3 mths, book clubhoue maybe twice a year.. didn't go gym, tennis court, etc.
    Once I visited by fren rebuild Semi-D, is so spacious & bright also. The 1st level living/dining/kitchen is equivalent to my whole hse area.. his master bathroom is almost the size of my masterbdrm... the whole build in is up to 5000sf, come with a 20m lap pool

Most buildings have 4 sides and depend on orientation. Noise and dust propagates and disperses. It can be more nosy and dusty for some stacks.

i think the units that are not facing PIE are ok. Not much view but less noise.
    Those units facing PIE have a decent unblocked view of polo club, but have to put up with traffic noise.

No facilities also ok lah.. even with full facilities, I only use the pool once every 2-3 mths, book clubhoue maybe twice a year.. didn't go gym, tennis court, etc.
    Once I visited by fren rebuild Semi-D, is so spacious & bright also. The 1st level living/dining/kitchen is equivalent to my whole hse area.. his master bathroom is almost the size of my masterbdrm... the whole build in is up to 5000sf, come with a 20m lap pool
    To each his own. Personally altho I'm staying in condo, my dream home is also landed, semi D if possible, just as you describe.
    However, I have many frens who would not stay in landed ppty even though they have cash to splash. They wld rather buy Aalto or St Thomas Suites, 2000sq ft at 2000psf. That's easily 3.5-4mil. Look at all the folks at Sky11... they all can buy a terrace/semi D in a decent area.

If you have blocks of building that is in close proximity, noise can partially absorb and partially bounce off from one unit to the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    i think the units that are not facing PIE are ok. Not much view but less noise.
    Those units facing PIE have a decent unblocked view of polo club, but have to put up with traffic noise.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    If you have blocks of building that is in close proximity, noise can partially absorb and partially bounce off from one unit to the other.
    i think CDL was quite shrewd in developing the facing of the units at Arte, Cube and 368, and as with most developers try not to "cannabilise" their own developments.

firstly, all 36 storey building, max out 2.8 plot ratio (iirc), so no standout above the others. of course FEO's vista residence is 40 floors.

secondly, the units don't directly look into each other. at least some semblance of privacy, so cube don't look into arte, arte don't look into 368. not the best, but in such close proximity, its probably the best that can be done, esp if you compare some of the other developments around novena, irrawarrdy, etc.

thirdly, cdl tried to ensure that each development doesn't block the original buyer's view. so there is no risk that arte or cube 8 buyers are disadvantaged with a new development coming up blocking their entire view.

but i guess there is no way they can manage the noise no matter how the layout. its up to LTA to improve it if possible, just as they are doing so with MRT now.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I am presently living in a condo and loving it.
    Apsrt from my kids, my husband and I do no make use of the facilities.
    So condo is good for kids.
    When they grow up they will use less of the facilities and it is not worthwhile paying for the maintenance.
    Also, why compete with the foreigners with the condos.
    So I have decided to move on to landed, but keep condo for investment.
    If next time don't like landed, can always go back to condo.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    is not an attractive building i feel... every time go by PIE sure cannot miss its somewhat dull bland colour and look.
    I am not sure how anyone can judge a development by how it looks from the outside. Have you been inside the Arte?

I visited a friend who lives there. The pool is nice sized 50m pool, well landscaped, lots of open spaces (unusual for a D12) and ample carpark. And you can't go wrong with CDL's finishings and design for the apartment itself - the windows are even double-glazed for shutting out any noise

It is much more attractive than the other D12 developments coming up like Nova, iResidences, Domus - which are built on tiny plots of land

My only complaint is that the balconies are huge for the larger units.

Quote Originally Posted by tiks
    I am not sure how anyone can judge a development by how it looks from the outside. Have you been inside the Arte?

I visited a friend who lives there. The pool is nice sized 50m pool, well landscaped, lots of open spaces (unusual for a D12) and ample carpark. And you can't go wrong with CDL's finishings and design for the apartment itself - the windows are even double-glazed for shutting out any noise

It is much more attractive than the other D12 developments coming up like Nova, iResidences, Domus - which are built on tiny plots of land

My only complaint is that the balconies are huge for the larger units.
    I mentioned about the CDL finishing and Dragages construction quality in some of my earlier posts. Its almost 2nd to none, and the BCA construction quality score at Arte is by far one of the highest in Singapore. that's why Dragages was engaged to build both Cube 8 and 368 thomson. And they are super fast in construction, Cube 8 and 368 will TOP almost together, and don't be surprised if its TOP by end 2012/mid 2013.

I have a friend who is the supplier for the aluminum windows at Arte... i'm not sure they are double glazed but supposedly they are of super build quality and from France, shuts out the noise pretty good. Arte has one of the largest f/h land area amongst all the D12 and D11 projects in this area (ok maybe excluding Sky11)

Another record breaking(psf), even for a big unit
    July 2011
    1625sf
    $2,230,000
    $1372psf

Invisible Grille installed in one of the units here.

http://invisiblegrille.blogspot.com/...tallation.html

wow ... superb feeling .. if only got proper city / lake / seaview ... the amount of curtain required is

Last edited by phantom_opera; 13-09-12 at 16:35.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

dizzying poolview

goodness ... can sleep here with king size bed

Ride at your own risk !!!

Missed the boat...their large 1055sqft 2 bedders low to mid floor ones were around 900k during preview in 2009.

Think now is about 1.2-1.3k psf..
    F'hold full condo.. city fringe.. still consider cheap cheap lor..

Mass market Sky Habitat 99-LH already transacting around 1.5-1.8k psf..

my legs will go soft staring down at the pool like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    my legs will go soft staring down at the pool like that.
    Bungee jump...

What do you all think about this unit?
    The balcony is long.
    Does anyone know how much space does the balcony occupies?

Bro radha, will you consider this unit?

the top and bottom railings together make it look like sharp teeth.... cavernous mouth of monster alligator or what

Vista Residences beside looks much better with the big sky gardens. Arte got sky gardens?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    the top and bottom railings together make it look like sharp teeth.... cavernous mouth of monster alligator or what
    Oh ya.... bro, you so observant.
    Why they go design something like that?

In 2009, I also targetted this development but hesitated because it is so near the highway.
    Wonder why the price did not shoot sky high, given its location.

Could the highway and surrounding construction be a put off?