Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Arte @ Thomson (D12, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    I am looking to invest in a unit here. I drive past almost everyday and see this dark grey building. It looks like an office but enough to know it's a residence. Prices are quite steep but it's unique. Aircon must be on all day to beat the noise. How long to walk to MRT?
    ya.. the facade looks like office

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    I am looking to invest in a unit here. I drive past almost everyday and see this dark grey building. It looks like an office but enough to know it's a residence. Prices are quite steep but it's unique. Aircon must be on all day to beat the noise. How long to walk to MRT?
    walk? at least a 10-15mins walk to novena mrt

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    forget about walking to MRT
    i'm guessing around 15-20mins depending on pace.

My friend just got his keys. The finishing is pretty impressive - the floors, toilets and cabinets are all very well made. What's interesting is that I am pretty sure the balcony doors are double glazed, as it shuts out the sound of the traffic outside. As expected CDL did a pretty good job.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    ya.. the facade looks like office
    I think Montebleu looks much better even though both have similar shades of grey color scheme.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

"Well made" - what are the materials used?

Quote Originally Posted by tiks
    My friend just got his keys. The finishing is pretty impressive - the floors, toilets and cabinets are all very well made. What's interesting is that I am pretty sure the balcony doors are double glazed, as it shuts out the sound of the traffic outside. As expected CDL did a pretty good job.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    "Well made" - what are the materials used?
    What are the type of flooring used for living, dinning, kitchen, bathrooms (marbles, granites, or tiles)? What about walls (marbles or tiles)?
    What about flooring for bedrooms?
    What are the brands of sanitary wares and taps and showers?
    What appliances are provided and brands?
    What about doors (solid wood)?
    The above will give us a good idea about quality of finishing.
    Living, dining, kitchen: Marble flooring
    Master bath: Marble flooring and wall, granite vanity top
    Common baths: homogeneous floor tiles, granite vanity top
    Bedrooms: Timber strip flooring
    Sanitary wares: Hansgrohe tap and shower mixers for all Master and Common baths, Vitra Sinks and Vitra kitchen mixer
    Appliances: Cooker hood, hob, oven and fridge (all Bosch)
    Other: Remote control lighting dimmers in living, dining and master bedroom, Mitsubishi multi-split a/con, smoke detectors and movement sensors for private lift lobby

Well-made? Best to go look-look see-see to find out if finishing is good... material or brand is not everything

Materials and brand (synomous with quality) are the most important followed by worksmanship. Without the former, no matter how good the worksmanship is, things will still start falling apart within 3-5 years!
    Materials sound Ok (except common baths) but still have to see (because actual quality & range can be very wide), brands used just mid-range (but already much better than many RCR and OCR condos).

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    Sanitary wares: Hansgrohe tap and shower mixers for all Master and Common baths, Vitra Sinks and Vitra kitchen mixer
    Other: Remote control lighting dimmers in living, dining and master bedroom, Mitsubishi multi-split a/con, smoke detectors and movement sensors for private lift lobby

Well-made? Best to go look-look see-see to find out if finishing is good... material or brand is not everything

Materials and brand (synomous with quality) are the most important followed by worksmanship. Without the former, no matter how good the worksmanship is, things will still start falling apart within 3-5 years!
    Materials sound Ok (except common baths) but still have to see (because actual quality & range can be very wide), brands used just mid-range (but already much better than many RCR and OCR condos).
    Branded/good appliance I can replace easily... good workmanship hard to get, and bad flooring or wardrobe installed can be hard to change.
    I tend to value the latter more, but just my personal view.

Moreover, as most will attest to, good brand not always equal can use very long... u can end up with a lemon (cars is one good example)
    Or worse, if you see how some main cons treat the household appliance while moving it around the site or installing it, you wonder if it will last long haha...

Agree that Arte is already better than most RCR/OCR finishing... prob even better than Vista.

That's why I ask your opinion on what is good finishing.
    And which project in your opinion is of good brand/quality finishing. Arte is ok compared to what? I hope you are not thinking of gold-plated taps... haha!

serious ?

i always wonder why they use MARBLE for dining and kitchen ...

marble stains easily .. and these 2 areas are most likely to kana stained ..

or is it really Marble looking tiles ?

i know many places used tiles with the marble grains lookalike ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    serious ?

i always wonder why they use MARBLE for dining and kitchen ...

marble stains easily .. and these 2 areas are most likely to kana stained ..

or is it really Marble looking tiles ?

i know many places used tiles with the marble grains lookalike ...
    yes, that's what i saw, so I can confirm its marble.
    its not tiles, cos the grout lines are smooth and polished, u can see the line btw the tiles, but u cannot feel it when u run your fingers across the floor.

agree marble can stain easily, esp if you don't clean it off immediately.
    esp the marble used in the proj is predominantly white with grey stone lines. no free lunch... owners who want the glam look have to make effort to maintain.

but it sure beats projs that try to market compressed marble or worse, porcelain-like flooring that try to pass off as marble.

yes, that's what i saw, so I can confirm its marble.
    its not tiles, cos the grout lines are smooth and polished, u can see the line btw the tiles, but u cannot feel it when u run your fingers across the floor.

agree marble can stain easily, esp if you don't clean it off immediately.
    esp the marble used in the proj is predominantly white with grey stone lines. no free lunch... owners who want the glam look have to make effort to maintain.

but it sure beats projs that try to market compressed marble or worse, porcelain-like flooring that try to pass off as marble.
    did u confirm with developer that it is indeed real marble ?

cos there are now tiles that look just like marble .. straight cut ..so the edges are joined very nicely and dont look like tradiltional tiles where the edges are slightly tapered .. hence when put together they have a grove ..

real marble are porus .. thats why the stain stays if not remove timely..

so real marble is truly not suitable for kitchen, bathroom floors ..

for wall still ok ..

For luxury projects, Miele! Nothing except Miele! Known to last for 20+ years! (rated to have most lasting appliances in Europe survey).

For kitchen and bathroom flooring, I prefer granite (not marbles as the latter stains easily and when exposed to water patches too often will have holes!).

Sanitary wares - Toto, Ideal Standard, etc.
    Tapes & bathroom showers - high-end Hansgrohe or Axor (not the low-end Hansgrohe!) or newform etc.

Doors - solid wood Nyatoh.

What else?

Branded/good appliance I can replace easily... good workmanship hard to get, and bad flooring or wardrobe installed can be hard to change.
    I tend to value the latter more, but just my personal view.

Moreover, as most will attest to, good brand not always equal can use very long... u can end up with a lemon (cars is one good example)
    Or worse, if you see how some main cons treat the household appliance while moving it around the site or installing it, you wonder if it will last long haha...

Agree that Arte is already better than most RCR/OCR finishing... prob even better than Vista.

That's why I ask your opinion on what is good finishing.
    And which project in your opinion is of good brand/quality finishing. Arte is ok compared to what? I hope you are not thinking of gold-plated taps... haha!

For luxury projects, Miele! Nothing except Miele! Known to last for 20+ years! (rated to have most lasting appliances in Europe survey).

For kitchen and bathroom flooring, I prefer granite (not marbles as the latter stains easily and when exposed to water patches too often will have holes!).

Tapes & bathroom showers - high-end Hansgrohe or Axor (not the low-end Hansgrohe!) or newform etc.

What else?
    u r in the wrong thread....D12 project here leh

What else?

WOW Impressive ...

are you aware that Miele almost never have sales ?

if only they manufacture it to be used in Asia .. i believe Sub-Zero will be very popular

u r in the wrong thread....D12 project here leh

hahahah bro

now that you asked .. this is D12 ... why the price like D11 ??

if price can be like D11...buyers can and should expect high end appliances mah ..

if no high end appliances ,then buyers should know they kana ketok already

Of course they do. I've been to their warehouse sales before.

WOW Impressive ...

are you aware that Miele almost never have sales ?

if only they manufacture it to be used in Asia .. i believe Sub-Zero will be very popular

Bosch not bad lah, better than Ariston / Electrolux / LG / Samsung etc.

hahahah bro

if price can be like D11...buyers can and should expect high end appliances mah ..

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Of course they do. I've been to their warehouse sales before.
    you mean Miele sales ?

very rare to unheard of

when was the sale and where is their warehouse ? (say it quickly)

toungue twister

Bosch not bad lah, better than Ariston / Electrolux / LG / Samsung etc.

Bosch's design CMI

Sometime early this year. Their warehouse is in Serangoon North Ave 3 or 5, can't remember exactly. But the items are booked very fast.

you mean Miele sales ?

very rare to unheard of

when was the sale and where is their warehouse ? (say it quickly)

toungue twister

hahahah bro

this price high meh....got viva...lincoln suites etc leh...

still got luxury prime >2000psf leh...hehe

remember The Sail...southbank...etc etc

hmmm...den those landed >1500psf, got gold bars buried underneath?

you can never know

If Forest Gump is singaporean ...

he would say : "life is like buying condo(house) you will never know whats inside until TOP"

Luxury projects got marble & granite flooring everywhere, full suite of Miele appliances, Axor, Toto (or equivalent) etc. The Sail got mah? Mid-market can command luxury price?
    What about Southbank?

Luxury projects got marble & granite flooring everywhere, full suite of Miele appliances, Axor, Toto (or equivalent) etc. The Sail got mah? Mid-market can command luxury price?
    What about Southbank?
    wat i m trying to say is: The Sail/Southbank r some gd examples....interior furnishing doesnt affect their price growth...

wah considering the price last year was only 8++psf, finishing like that considered very good deal leh, no?

actually i don't know how much does finishing actually count in the psf.
    isn't property primarily about tenure, location, layout/design?
    After seeing Arte (and generally the rest of the CDL projs in this area), the finishing is already very good as compared to a lot of other projs around.

The current pricing of Arte is not driven solely by the quality of finishing (although I am sure there is some value attributed to it), so I don't know why the big fuss about the "poor" finishing and design by some people around here. you said it yourself, at 900psf it is a steal (freehold, next to D11 and quite decent finishing) and that's why the price has gone up. but there are other downside as well (PIE, construction noise from Vista, Cube, some afternoon sun units)...

Only for now while they are still relatively new. Wait for another a few years more and let's see whether their prices can hold up.

wat i m trying to say is: The Sail/Southbank r some gd examples....interior furnishing doesnt affect their price growth...

went to take a look. impressed with the squarish layout which makes furniture placement easy

property developers are deemed as gurus compared to some smart alecs here. proven that they sold everything. now all talking post mortem stuff....farnee.

thats why ppl always say buy from reputable developers. they are in the market. and they can feel the market better than some who think they are master gurus
    or