Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Arte @ Thomson (D12, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by chaimayfoo
    The Arte has received T.O.P. already . Heard that the interior finishing is excellent according to inside source. Will see to confirm !!
    Any official confirmation? I'm an (first time) owner but yet to receive any news from the developer.

Any tips and advice from you seasoned propery owners are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Azz
    Any official confirmation? I'm an (first time) owner but yet to receive any news from the developer.

Any tips and advice from you seasoned propery owners are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Confirm TOP-ed. Its shown on CDL website:
    http://www.cdl.com.sg/app/cdl/custom...p_progress.xml

I think CDL will send out notification soon.

It's only about 2 years right? Super fast!

I think it is because they have started construction long before they launch the project. The launch was delayed until april last year I think.

U r right. I remeber the building was almost halfway up when I visited the showflat during launch.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I think it is because they have started construction long before they launch the project. The launch was delayed until april last year I think.

This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I share the same sentiment. I pass by this place every day. real ugly office looking bdg, with no "home" feeling. Not for own stay for me. Buy to flip only.
    I beg to differ. I am in love with Arte's facade. Maybe you are more comfortable with typical old-fashioned standard family condo designs, that you can see all over the island. Arte's sleek ultra-modern avant-garde unique condo design will not suit your taste. Just like Lincoln Modern, same architect SCDA, which reserved thinking people also condemned its looks, saying it looks like ugly office building instead of a home. Maybe SCDA thinks out of the box and designs a home building that doesn't look like a home building, so that it stands out from the rest. That's why Lincoln Modern has won the Royal Institute of British Architects Worldwide Award 2005. It will not be surprising if The Arte will also win some presitigious design award in the future.

Went to view last week.. not too bad..

No MM unit..all good size unit
    Nice & modern.. I like the lobby too.. very comfortable for visitors

The only bad thing is the project is surrounded by Vista Res, Cube 8 & 368 Thomson.. so view is limited is you choose the wrong stack

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Went to view last week.. not too bad..

No MM unit..all good size unit
    Nice & modern.. I like the lobby too.. very comfortable for visitors

The only bad thing is the project is surrounded by Vista Res, Cube 8 & 368 Thomson.. so view is limited is you choose the wrong stack
    how bad is the noise level for those units facing PIE?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    how bad is the noise level for those units facing PIE?
    Still acceptable.. but the afternoon sun kills!!!

Still acceptable.. but the afternoon sun kills!!!
    from pics, the balcony railing looks ugly....glass balcony will be better to enjoy the view?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

May be (until the glass starts cracking, falling down either as 1 piece or broken pieces 10+ years down the road. People walking downstairs have to wear helment and armour wear...)

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    from pics, the balcony railing looks ugly....glass balcony will be better to enjoy the view?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    May be (until the glass starts cracking, falling down either as 1 piece or broken pieces 10+ years down the road. People walking downstairs have to wear helment and armour wear...)
    i think glass balconies are double filmed, so if they crack, it does not shatter....
    glass easier to clean, does not rust....

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    i think glass balconies are double filmed, so if they crack, it does not shatter....
    glass easier to clean, does not rust....
    Yes, I noticed is double filmed when I visited one of the unit last week

Yes, I noticed is double filmed when I visited one of the unit last week
    how you tell glass is double filmed?

When I look at prices for the Arte (for the nicely sized 2 bedders), its between 1180 - 1330 PSF, depending on floor. Given the location (I realize its D12 and I compare with D11 properties, but it is very close to D11), Cube 8 and Thomson 356 are 1350 ++, and when you get closer to the mRT, Soleil (99 LH) is 1450 - 1700, and Viva 1700 - 1950. Wonder if its a good buy. Has anybody seen both Arte and Montebleu after TOP and can advise how the interior finishings are ? thx

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    how you tell glass is double filmed?
    Cos what I saw was.. two layer glass was apart.. is like glass 6mm, a gap of 1mm, & again glass 6mm thk

Cos what I saw was.. two layer glass was apart.. is like glass 6mm, a gap of 1mm, & again glass 6mm thk
    thanks... u have sharp eyes.
    so is this considered double-glazed glass?
    reduce heat and sound penetration?

That is a double glazed glass. It is good for heat reduction. Not really for sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    thanks... u have sharp eyes.
    so is this considered double-glazed glass?
    reduce heat and sound penetration?

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    When I look at prices for the Arte (for the nicely sized 2 bedders), its between 1180 - 1330 PSF, depending on floor. Given the location (I realize its D12 and I compare with D11 properties, but it is very close to D11), Cube 8 and Thomson 356 are 1350 ++, and when you get closer to the mRT, Soleil (99 LH) is 1450 - 1700, and Viva 1700 - 1950. Wonder if its a good buy. Has anybody seen both Arte and Montebleu after TOP and can advise how the interior finishings are ? thx
    My fren bought a 4 bedder unit at the arte. I have been inside. The finishing is good. He bought during launch. Make big bucks now..

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What are the type of flooring used for living, dinning, kitchen, bathrooms (marbles, granites, or tiles)? What about walls (marbles or tiles)?
    What about flooring for bedrooms?
    What are the brands of sanitary wares and taps and showers?
    What appliances are provided and brands?
    What about doors (solid wood)?
    The above will give us a good idea about quality of finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by browser
    My fren bought a 4 bedder unit at the arte. I have been inside. The finishing is good. He bought during launch. Make big bucks now..

i only look at the flooring and bathrooms tiles...if marble..i happy oredi

one of the best marble flooring i saw b4 was orchard scotts and lucida

big big marble

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    What are the type of flooring used for living, dinning, kitchen, bathrooms (marbles, granites, or tiles)? What about walls (marbles or tiles)?
    What about flooring for bedrooms?
    What are the brands of sanitary wares and taps and showers?
    What appliances are provided and brands?
    What about doors (solid wood)?
    The above will give us a good idea about quality of finishing.
    Hi,
    Can you share with us what you think will be considered good quality finishing in your opinion for each of the above items? What is the opinion on good quality finishing for a project?

Besides type of material used, I must also say quality of finishing is also very dependent on workmanship, as well as personal taste.
    Marble may be good quality material, but workmanship and layout will determine finishing and stone lines, design and colour is very subjective.

I did some archi trades and finishing for a condo proj before - besides subcon quality, it also depend on how good the main con engineers are at asking subcon to ensure proper installation, catch defects, etc before handover of unit to developer.

Have you seen an actual unit at the arte?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    That is a double glazed glass. It is good for heat reduction. Not really for sound.
    Thanks!
    If Arte has double glazed glass, its v good, not sure how many projs have double-glazed glass these days... Architects/developers may not specify it to save some $$$...

Default too much noise!!

write this place off for a few years. no one will want to rent with all that construction on most sides of it.

PIE noise is a factor. very loud!!!
    terrible investment....

if u think Arte has problems with the Noise Level, how do youj think Cube 8 and Thomson 356 will fare ? As for the construction / rent, I think its a question of price, i.e. with a reasonable rent, or below market rent Iwhich for this project still covers mortgage), it should be possible

Default Degrees of noise ...

368 Thomson location is quite sheltered from PIE but Thomson and Balestier Roads have become very noisy in the last few years.
    Cube 8 will be awful - the Albany (enbloced building) was bad and the previous owners were glad to get out.
    Regarding the Arte - I fail to see any plus points with the public areas or the apartments and would love to hear positives from owners or current renters.

Current traffic jam around Balestier is already quite bad. With new condos TOP in the next few years, it is only a matter of time the entire Thomson and Balestier junction gets severely jammed up.

I am looking to invest in a unit here. I drive past almost everyday and see this dark grey building. It looks like an office but enough to know it's a residence. Prices are quite steep but it's unique. Aircon must be on all day to beat the noise. How long to walk to MRT?

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    I am looking to invest in a unit here. I drive past almost everyday and see this dark grey building. It looks like an office but enough to know it's a residence. Prices are quite steep but it's unique. Aircon must be on all day to beat the noise. How long to walk to MRT?
    forget about walking to MRT