Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Arte @ Thomson (D12, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    The Arte has a nëw hïgh of $1,200 psf!

The Arte
    Address ............................. psf ............... Area ........... Price ............ Contract Date
    23 Jalan Raja Udang #18-12 .... $1,200 psf .... 1,055 sqft .... $1,266,000 .... 5 Feb 10
    nice street name!

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    I will reserve judgement on the facade, landscaping and such till after it TOP. Even $4,000 > psf Nassim Jade looks ugly during construction. But considering the internal finishing that was promised, its freehold status plus low launch price, Arte is a steal. And that's why it quickly sold out during its launch last year when economy was very uncertain with Citi and AIG threatening to crash and burn.
    I believe developer make less then 100psf per unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    The Arte has a nëw hïgh of $1,200 psf!

The Arte
    Address ............................. psf ............... Area ........... Price ............ Contract Date
    23 Jalan Raja Udang #18-12 .... $1,200 psf .... 1,055 sqft .... $1,266,000 .... 5 Feb 10
    23 Jalan Raja Udang #18-12
    Freehold
    $940
    $991k
    21 Apr 09

940 psf to 1200psf!

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    23 Jalan Raja Udang #18-12
    Freehold
    $940
    $991k
    21 Apr 09

940 psf to 1200psf!
    He make more den developer?

Quote Originally Posted by suricat
    Have you seen it?
    High Rise prison? Office Tower? HDB?
    Gloomy monolithic grey concrete facades with flimsy small scale greenery
    I share the same sentiment. I pass by this place every day. real ugly office looking bdg, with no "home" feeling. Not for own stay for me. Buy to flip only.

Why be bothered about the external facade of the building! It is the inside that counts! The interior finishings of the Arte has been the best I've seen in all the D12 developments (including Cube8, Vista Res, I-Residences...). I am also impressed by the amount of open space around the development and the pool actually looks to be a decent sized. I think if you bought a inside facing unit at launch - you would have really got a gem of a buy...

Default Beg To Differ ...

The Arte apartments have huge (and given all the reasons in my earlier post) quite useless balconies w/- planter. The "classy" feeling will not be enhanced by these primarily being used as clothes drying areas. Regarding the finishes - have you seen an actual apartment? I have.
    People, please remember that some or all of you will desire tenants to live in this gloomy grey, noisy cement box and therfore all aspects of its envoronment need to be considered. If, however, it is just another thing to be "flipped", there is no need to care.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I share the same sentiment. I pass by this place every day. real ugly office looking bdg, with no "home" feeling. Not for own stay for me. Buy to flip only.
    deng xiao ping "I don't care if it's a white cat or a black cat. It's a good cat so long as it catches mice." ...
    applys here i guess.

The Arte apartments have huge (and given all the reasons in my earlier post) quite useless balconies w/- planter. The "classy" feeling will not be enhanced by these primarily being used as clothes drying areas. Regarding the finishes - have you seen an actual apartment? I have.
    People, please remember that some or all of you will desire tenants to live in this gloomy grey, noisy cement box and therfore all aspects of its envoronment need to be considered. If, however, it is just another thing to be "flipped", there is no need to care.
    You mean the showroom. The actual apartment isn't ready so it's kinda hard to judge at this stage. Anyway, I'm not vested here. Just curious as to what it is about Arte that draws such strong condemnation from some quarters.

how did u see actual apartment? are u with the main contractor or sub contractor or architect company? what part of the finishing u don't like or think is sub standard?

i agree that the grey colour is not nice, but then again which condo is not a cement/concrete box these days? there will be many concrete boxes in that area soon... in fact all along the pie u see them.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

It is not the colour, but the ugly facade of the building - Some people say look like office tower or HDB. Think looks more ugly than the HDB in Punggol.
    + there is the PIE just beside it (too noisy).
    + The road to Arte (jalan datoh?) always jam like hell during peak hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    how did u see actual apartment? are u with the main contractor or sub contractor or architect company? what part of the finishing u don't like or think is sub standard?

i agree that the grey colour is not nice, but then again which condo is not a cement/concrete box these days? there will be many concrete boxes in that area soon... in fact all along the pie u see them.

Not that ugly lah. At least it stands out from the generic all-glass facade. Concrete/brick that can "breathe" is more suitable for our hot and humid climate. And concrete/brick building can withstand the elements better. Those glassbox building will have leakage problems within a few years. Anyway, it's not uglier than the new developments today.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    It is not the colour, but the ugly facade of the building - Some people say look like office tower or HDB. Think looks more ugly than the HDB in Punggol.
    + there is the PIE just beside it (too noisy).
    + The road to Arte (jalan datoh?) always jam like hell during peak hours.
    I don's think it is fair to say the facade of Arte looks similar to HDB flats but it does look a bit like office. I agree too with the rest of your points.

It is quite jam pack at jalan datoh and around Balestier/Thomson junction.

But some people like lah... it's not too far from Novena mah

I was driving along Thomson Rd just now, heading towards town, when I suddenly saw this big angular looking black building dominating the skyline. Quite modern-looking, I thought.

So I took a detour and turned left into Balestier Rd, turned left again to go into that small street. Hmmm what condo is it? Finally spotted the name plate on the substation. The Arte!

Not beautiful, but definitely not ugly lor! Last time sold at $800 psf, by CDL, looks like a modern boutique hotel. Aiyah.... should have bought it then!

Any news on TOP?

It does seem ready. I wonder how the construction at cube8 and vista will affect the owners of Arte.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

The best plot of land in that corner belonging to CDL, just beside Cube8 (where Cube8 showflat is previously located) is going to be launched soon!
    Heard pricing $1500+ psf?

Quote Originally Posted by Azz
    Any news on TOP?

It does seem ready. I wonder how the construction at cube8 and vista will affect the owners of Arte.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    The best plot of land in that corner belonging to CDL, just beside Cube8 (where Cube8 showflat is previously located) is going to be launched soon!
    Heard pricing $1500+ psf?
    this is the concorde, bright bldg + balestier court sites combined rite?
    i guess this will also be a D11 proj, since the entrance is along thomson road and not entrance from balestier?
    at 1500psf? wow... where u get your mkt intel? CDL started marketing already?

Quote Originally Posted by Azz
    Any news on TOP?

i think will TOP in july/aug.
    Arte owners will have to put up with construction noise/dust man - behind them got Vista, in front got Cube.
    price to pay for being 1st mover.

The Arte has received T.O.P. already . Heard that the interior finishing is excellent according to inside source. Will see to confirm !!

please post some pics leah.

yes, TOP obtained. passing by every day... the construction is fast, or time flies?

Quote Originally Posted by chaimayfoo
    The Arte has received T.O.P. already . Heard that the interior finishing is excellent according to inside source. Will see to confirm !!

Got 3 photos here of the 2 bedder. Looks good....
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-arte-thomson

Do not quite like the finishes. Sorry, it is just my opinion. The particular layout in the propertyguru does not look appropriate with the length of the kitchen probably facing the living room and balcony. Wonder how is the noise from the traffic on PIE?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Do not quite like the finishes. Sorry, it is just my opinion. The particular layout in the propertyguru does not look appropriate with the length of the kitchen probably facing the living room and balcony. Wonder how is the noise from the traffic on PIE?
    Actually the photos shown is that of a 3 bedder. U can compare with the floor plan here:
    http://www.cdl.com.sg/thearte/

i dont like the marble.

The marble is too structured.

mai hiam not bad liao

it is 100X better den those cheapskate ceramic tiles

No vested interest from you?

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    No vested interest from you?
    How is WC2010?

No vested interest. Look forward to the new CDL project at 368. External design is so much better.

How is WC2010?

No vested interest. Look forward to the new CDL project at 368. External design is so much better.
    arte 2bedder vs the new project...mabe similar total quantum....psf 200 diff though