Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arte @ Thomson (D12, Freehold, CDL)

The noise from PIE will be a nightmare. The Chuan further away from CTE already noisy .. this one will be worst.

If you drive along any major expressway in Singapore, you will notice the number of condos situated all along them.

Anyway, I recall, when I went for the preview, the units facing away from the PIE were snapped up really fast... whole stacks at a time.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by tiks
    If you drive along any major expressway in Singapore, you will notice the number of condos situated all along them.

Anyway, I recall, when I went for the preview, the units facing away from the PIE were snapped up really fast... whole stacks at a time.
    Snapped up by Indonesians (印尼买家)?

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Snapped up by Indonesians (印尼买家)?
    why Arte a lot of Indon buyers?

Quote Originally Posted by tiks

all the arte units taken liao, so front or back also snapped up.
    i think future albany site may be even closer to PIE...

Foreign property buyers go outside prime areas
    Districts 9, 10 and 15 still rule, but Novena, Jurong, Balestier pick up
    Joyce Teo
    The Straits Times
    Monday, 16 November 2009

Savills said district 12 - which includes the Balestier (pictured), Serangoon and Toa Payoh areas - has emerged as one of the top new choices among foreigners this year. -- Photo: ST

Foreign property investors are venturing out of traditional prime areas to snap up homes in other parts of the island.

A new study has found overseas buyers have become keen on district 12, which includes the Balestier area and which is associated with karaoke bars and lighting shops.

A Savills Singapore study found that districts 9, 10 and 15 have remained the top spots for foreign buyers over the past three years.

District 9 includes the Orchard and River Valley areas; 15 covers Katong, Joo Chiat and Amber Road, and 10 includes the posh Ardmore area, and the Bukit Timah, Holland Road and Tanglin neighbourhoods.

Districts 11 and 22 have become more popular thanks to the higher number of launches there, Savills said.

In the past three years, there have been at least 30 major launches in district 11 – Novena and Thomson – alone, including Viva, Park Infinia at Wee Nam, and Miro at Lincoln Road.

District 22 – it is centred on Jurong – has hosted launches of The Centris, The Caspian and The Lakeshore.

Savills said district 12, which includes the Balestier, Serangoon and Toa Payoh areas, has emerged as one of the top new choices among foreigners this year.

Its new projects include The Arte, Trevista, Vista Residences, Nova 48, Nova 88 and Domus.

‘These city-fringe projects are near to the city and yet relatively more affordable compared to core central projects,’ said Savills’ senior manager of research and consultancy, Ms Christine Sun.

Consultants say that in district 12, average prices have been lower, at about $900 psf compared with the over $1,000 psf that Novena, only a few hundred metres away, can fetch. However, the gap is closing, partly due to district 12’s increased popularity as well as the small units offered which have a higher per unit asking price.

A closer look at the sales data from the three most popular districts of 9, 15 and 10 shows that most of the foreign buyers came from Malaysia, Indonesia, mainland China and India.

In fact, they accounted for 73.9% of total foreign private property purchases in the first nine months, compared with 59.1% for the whole of 2007 when the market was booming.

A lot of foreigners came to Singapore to buy back then.

Many of the high net-worth buyers from Europe, Russia and elsewhere have not quite returned, property experts said.

But Malaysian buyer numbers have risen by 10% this year compared with 2007, although Indonesian investor numbers have fallen by 4%.

Mainland Chinese buyers are also up 7.4%, while Indian buyers rose 1.1%.

A recent Savills study showed that foreigners, especially those from China, were returning to the market.

Foreigners formed about 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter – above the 19.7% average since the start of 2000.

‘Malaysians and Indonesians prefer prime districts 9 and 10, which tend to be higher-priced projects,’ said Ms Sun.

She added that mainland Chinese and Indian buyers bought more homes in the city fringe and outside of central regions, such as districts 15, 16, 18 and 22.

The properties in these regions tend to be relatively less pricey and more mass market.

Western buyers, including those from Australia, Britain and the United States, tend to congregate in certain districts, such as districts 9, 10 and 15.

The Japanese prefer district 9, while the Koreans are keen on districts 9 and 10, as well as 16, which includes Bedok and Upper East Coast.
    District 9 has the highest concentration of foreign buyers, at 31%.

The other top districts popular with foreigners had a proportion of between 19 and 25%.

Look like office building...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

So plain? Some of the DBSS looks better than this!

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    matches the buildings in the background hehe

looks a bit like OCBC Building @ Chulia street

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    looks a bit like OCBC Building @ Chulia street
    Haa haa yes, very true.

Photos taken 28 April 2010.
    Now even mass market condos in ulu places selling at the same price as the launch price of the Arte last year....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Photos taken 28 April 2010.
    Now even mass market condos in ulu places selling at the same price as the launch price of the Arte last year....
    not to mention what Arte is giving for their flooring, what a big difference 1 year can make.

Does anyone know when is TOP. Developer will send a letter?

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    not to mention what Arte is giving for their flooring, what a big difference 1 year can make.
    so it went up from 900psf to about 1000psf. is that really a big difference?

besides, 197 units are for sale out of how many sold at the launch? but very few are buying.

The Arte has a nëw hďgh of $1,200 psf!

The Arte
    Address ............................. psf ............... Area ........... Price ............ Contract Date
    23 Jalan Raja Udang #18-12 .... $1,200 psf .... 1,055 sqft .... $1,266,000 .... 5 Feb 10

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

The price of The Arte at $1200 psf for being in CCR (actually is CCR/RCR boundary) and for giving marble flooring and mid-range quality sanitary ware etc is pathetic compared to mass-market condo like The Vision and Centro in OCR and giving homogeneous tiles and unknown brand (obviously cheap China-made) sanitary wares!

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    The Arte has a nëw hďgh of $1,200 psf!

The Arte
    Address ............................. psf ............... Area ........... Price ............ Contract Date
    23 Jalan Raja Udang #18-12 .... $1,200 psf .... 1,055 sqft .... $1,266,000 .... 5 Feb 10

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    so it went up from 900psf to about 1000psf. is that really a big difference?
    i was referring to azeoprop statement 'Now even mass market condos in ulu places selling at the same price as the launch price of the Arte last year'

was quoted 880psf for 2bed last year when i was there, so i guess azeoprop is referring to the ulu proj from same developer now asking similiar pricing.

i was referring to azeoprop statement 'Now even mass market condos in ulu places selling at the same price as the launch price of the Arte last year'

was quoted 880psf for 2bed last year when i was there, so i guess azeoprop is referring to the ulu proj from same developer now asking similiar pricing.
    I was there during the preview, the low floor stack 12 2 bedders were the cheapest and a few of them were below 900k. I didn't buy then because I thought prices could go lower...but I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    The price of The Arte at $1200 psf for being in CCR (actually is CCR/RCR boundary) and for giving marble flooring and mid-range quality sanitary ware etc is pathetic compared to mass-market condo like The Vision and Centro in OCR and giving homogeneous tiles and unknown brand (obviously cheap China-made) sanitary wares!
    i also dunno how Vision or Centro can fetch 1000+psf.
    i went to the Vision showflat, a lot of nice finishing/wallpaper, etc but actually its not included in the unit.

But just compare the finishing at Vista residences by FEO next door to the Arte, who were asking 1250 - 1300psf during launch, you can tell Arte is significantly better.

With Cube 8 sold out at 1250psf - 1300psf and another CDL development coming up at the thomson/balestier junction, we might soon see more units in this area push the 1300psf range.

I was there during the preview, the low floor stack 12 2 bedders were the cheapest and a few of them were below 900k. I didn't buy then because I thought prices could go lower...but I was wrong.
    i was quoted at same stack, #12 880psf. i liked it but was afraid of the traffic that i have to face & i was more keen on TBahru area at that point in time.

So you ended up at picking 1 at mezzo ?

Location is quite central but to some got the balestier stgma.

Agree that 900psf during launch price is a steal now (but tat was during an economic downturn). There are projects like Pavilion 11/Montebleu that was launched during the April 2007(during boom times) with prices from 8XX to 1kpsf and I personally feel that the location is better than Arte. Naturally, if u have been monitoring the market since 2005, u will find Arte launch prices of 900psf wasn't very attractive at tat point of time. There r many better deals out there at tat time.

i was quoted at same stack, #12 880psf. i liked it but was afraid of the traffic that i have to face & i was more keen on TBahru area at that point in time.

So you ended up at picking 1 at mezzo ?
    Yah loh, by end of May last year prices were increasing already, and not much choices left for new launches in balestier, so I quickly just grab a unit at the Mezzo. At least, considering the enbloc price that soilbuild bought Ruby plaza, the selling price for the Mezzo was quite reasonable.

Yah loh, by end of May last year prices were increasing already, and not much choices left for new launches in balestier, so I quickly just grab a unit at the Mezzo. At least, considering the enbloc price that soilbuild bought Ruby plaza, the selling price for the Mezzo was quite reasonable.
    good that u pick up the guts to buy during that period despite negative sentiments floating around. U must be feeling shong wai wai 爽喎喎 now that u look back.

The Arte has a classy feel and now looks to be a bargain at its launch. Its biggest shortcoming is the inconvenient road alignments leading to and from the condo. Jln Datoh can be quite congested and if you happen to queue behind some indecisive drivers while waiting to turn into Balestier Road, you may feel like

Default Classy?

Have you seen it?
    High Rise prison? Office Tower? HDB?
    Gloomy monolithic grey concrete facades with flimsy small scale greenery at very low level. A tiny swimming pool for 336 apartments. No sun on pool in morning but full sun all afternoon.
    Tennis court, barbecue area, fitness area and tiny playground all with no shade at any time of the day. These "recreation" areas are located right next to the PIE and very noisy day and night. On top of this there will be two major construction sites located on both sides of the buildings- Vista Residences (underway) and Cube 8 (existing two buildings yet to be demolished).
    The 100% concrete construction means the internal and site acoustics are harsh.
    Sorry I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by suricat
    Have you seen it?
    High Rise prison? Office Tower? HDB?
    Gloomy monolithic grey concrete facades with flimsy small scale greenery at very low level. A tiny swimming pool for 336 apartments. No sun on pool in morning but full sun all afternoon.
    Tennis court, barbecue area, fitness area and tiny playground all with no shade at any time of the day. These "recreation" areas are located right next to the PIE and very noisy day and night. On top of this there will be two major construction sites located on both sides of the buildings- Vista Residences (underway) and Cube 8 (existing two buildings yet to be demolished).
    The 100% concrete construction means the internal and site acoustics are harsh.
    Sorry I dont get it.
    So you have seen the latest? Wah ... no shade at all how can?

Izit 100% concrete? When is this gg to TOP anyway? The last time drove by was like months ago

whether isit classy or resembles HDB....first owners r smiling at their paper gains..

If u can buy it at less den 900psf now...it will be very classy

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    whether isit classy or resembles HDB....first owners r smiling at their paper gains..

If u can buy it at less den 900psf now...it will be very classy
    hv to differentiate between investors and owners

bcos will look at things differently

I will reserve judgement on the facade, landscaping and such till after it TOP. Even $4,000 > psf Nassim Jade looks ugly during construction. But considering the internal finishing that was promised, its freehold status plus low launch price, Arte is a steal. And that's why it quickly sold out during its launch last year when economy was very uncertain with Citi and AIG threatening to crash and burn.