Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: D8 Urban Lofts (FH)

Quote Originally Posted by frontosa
    Not surprised, not many units and also near the MRT.
    Shows still got interested buyers around if the price and location is good....

456 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890
    AI PE AI CHEE AI NEAR MRT SO BEACON HEIGHTS IS GOOD OPTION, RIGHT?
    beacon heights is not that near to MRT lor

beacon hao siao lah Guest

AI PE AI CHEE AI NEAR MRT SO BEACON HEIGHTS IS GOOD OPTION, RIGHT?

Beacon heights also not pee leh.

Not so chee also.

MRT? Where got?

Quote Originally Posted by 456
    Oredi say 10min from MRT liao... But got free shuttle bus

Beacon Heights is in the middle of Potong Pasir and Boon Keng. The selling point is that it is a freehold. I dun exactly know the location, if one wants to buy this, can use the surrounding condo as a gauge esp there are quite a few around.

Quote Originally Posted by beacon hao siao lah
    Beacon heights also not pee leh.

Not so chee also.

MRT? Where got?
    Compare to other 999yrs project, Beacon Heights consider pee liao... Near city, 999yrs, new project, full condo facilities, under $1000psf.... Dakota 99yrs oredi hit $1000psf.... Woodville28 99yrs oredi around $880psf....

i have seen the light Guest

Beacon Heights is in the middle of Potong Pasir and Boon Keng.
    AKA "no man's land".

True, supporters of Beacon Heights may say, oh this is the new upcoming area with potential, price will rise, etc etc.

Well, one can say the same for West Coast, Jurong East, Kallang, Tanah Merah, whatever.

So I pose this question to you guys: If Singapore has so many "up and coming areas" everywhere then what is the advantage one has over another? Will price really rise? Will it make such a good investment? My answer is NO because Singapore has so many new up and coming areas that the effect of "up and coming" cancels itself out! It ceases to be attractive attractive anymore because another one can easily be had in another location.

It is not like in the past where up and coming referred to Novena and Tiong Bahru. At that time, those locations were unique in the sense that there was nowhere else in Singapore with this kind of Govt promotion and money pumping in. But today, this kind of Govt promotion and investment is everywhere from Jurong to Changi.

Hnece, no more unique. Up and coming area is just a marketing ploy now.

Beacon Heights is in the middle of Potong Pasir and Boon Keng. The selling point is that it is a freehold. I dun exactly know the location, if one wants to buy this, can use the surrounding condo as a gauge esp there are quite a few around.
    Hi Frontosa,
    Is 999yrs, not Freehold.... It is located at St. Michael's Road....

Quote Originally Posted by i have seen the light
    AKA "no man's land".

True, supporters of Beacon Heights may say, oh this is the new upcoming area with potential, price will rise, etc etc.

Well, one can say the same for West Coast, Jurong East, Kallang, Tanah Merah, whatever.

So I pose this question to you guys: If Singapore has so many "up and coming areas" everywhere then what is the advantage one has over another? Will price really rise? Will it make such a good investment? My answer is NO because Singapore has so many new up and coming areas that the effect of "up and coming" cancels itself out! It ceases to be attractive attractive anymore because another one can easily be had in another location.

It is not like in the past where up and coming referred to Novena and Tiong Bahru. At that time, those locations were unique in the sense that there was nowhere else in Singapore with this kind of Govt promotion and money pumping in. But today, this kind of Govt promotion and investment is everywhere from Jurong to Changi.

Hnece, no more unique. Up and coming area is just a marketing ploy now.
    Up and coming means new developments coming up around that area. Like Jurong Lake District, Payer Lebar District... Therefore, everywhere in Singapore with new developments are up n coming areas....

the light Guest

Quote Originally Posted by v2offer
    Up and coming means new developments coming up around that area. Like Jurong Lake District, Payer Lebar District... Therefore, everywhere in Singapore with new developments are up n coming areas....
    ... which is, everywhere in Singapore.

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by the light
    ... which is, everywhere in Singapore.

I rest my case.
    As of now, new up n coming is only Jurong Lake n Payer Lebar. For those ppl like those areas, can consider there... .. After that then will move to other places.... Next in line is Dawson Estate... coming up in 2014.... Somemore govt still haven annouced.....

MRT so what Guest

It is just like how "near MRT" used to be a big deal for condos.

Now? Aiyah, everywhere also near MRT.

Future, say 20-30 years from now? Lagi better.

No need to pay a premium for near MRT lah. The way the SMRT/SBS manage the trains and the passenger volume flow, I'd rather take the bus.

Aiyah don't talk about how they manage MRT lah.... say already can vomit blood.

1234567890 Guest

Lightbulb

go and look at the map lah... anywhere in singapore less than 1km to mrt is considered near. go and take a drive down to beacon heights and you will like the area for its peacefulness. vetro and beacon heights are the 2 most expensive condos in st michael road now for a reason, as they offer the best quality living in the area. imagine yourself driving into st michael and the tallest condo awaits your entry. you cannot compare all the other cheapo apartments along st michael road to these 2 condos as they are in a totally different league. It is like comparing St Regis with one of those old apartments nearby along tanglin road. you get my point?

Quote Originally Posted by 456

go and look at the map lah... anywhere in singapore less than 1km to mrt is considered near. go and take a drive down to beacon heights and you will like the area for its peacefulness. vetro and beacon heights are the 2 most expensive condos in st michael road now for a reason, as they offer the best quality living in the area. imagine yourself driving into st michael and the tallest condo awaits your entry. you cannot compare all the other cheapo apartments along st michael road to these 2 condos as they are in a totally different league. It is like comparing St Regis with one of those old apartments nearby along tanglin road. you get my point?
    Yes u r right.... Have u bought the unit in Beacon yet????

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/269055.asp

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Little India condo sold within 2 hrs

Loh Chee Kong

[email protected]

REAL estate agents claim a new five-story condominium in Little India has been “100 per cent sold within two hours of balloting”.

The brisk sales for Urban Lofts has caught property analysts offguard, especially coming during the Hungry Ghost month, when superstitious buyers are traditionally scared away.

It was also surprising given the current economic uncertainty, when sentiments for high-end property are expected to be weak.

Huttons Real Estate Group claimed on its website yesterday that all 50 units in the freehold condo in Rangoon Road had been snapped up. They had been marketed at around $912 per square foot.

However, Chesterton International research director Colin Tan pointed out that actual transaction prices might be lower than the listed guide price and this could have attracted speculators in for a quick profit.

If so, said Mr Tan: “I’m not surprised that there is still unsatisfied demand out there. There is demand but at what price?”

Noting that the development had previously not generated much media publicity, Knight Frank research director Nicholas Mak added: “Either this product is very good and underpriced or there was a lot of pre-marketing efforts. But which developer right now would not sell its product at a higher price if they can?”

“For example, they could tell their agents to go and source for potential customers. With the cheques all lined up, within the two hours they just do the administrative work.”

Huttons could not be reached for comment.

According to online advertisements, the development is made up of one single block comprising 46 Soho homes and four commerical units.

Construction is expected to begin by year-end of the year ready for completion by end-September 2011.

1234567890 Guest

in the process of doing so coz i have searchd n cannot find any decent cndo near town at gd price. I put my money where my mouth is nt just empty talk
    Quote Originally Posted by v2offer
    Yes u r right.... Have u bought the unit in Beacon yet????

in the process of doing so coz i have searchd n cannot find any decent cndo near town at gd price. I put my money where my mouth is nt just empty talk
    Any agents helping u now?? If no, maybe I can help u.. U can call me @ 92718723. Thanks...

007 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MRT so what
    It is just like how "near MRT" used to be a big deal for condos.

Now? Aiyah, everywhere also near MRT.

Future, say 20-30 years from now? Lagi better.

No need to pay a premium for near MRT lah. The way the SMRT/SBS manage the trains and the passenger volume flow, I'd rather take the bus.

Aiyah don't talk about how they manage MRT lah.... say already can vomit blood.
    sour grape

i think the postive sales has a lot to do with pricing. cheap and below $800-900k, which i understand from agents, is like some kind of mental resistance level for locals..

Quote Originally Posted by 007
    sour grape
    Agree, where got everywhere near MRT one? Investment in properties is all about location, this is something that one must know. Why would a store near the station command high rental?

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Homebuyer
    i think the postive sales has a lot to do with pricing. cheap and below $800-900k, which i understand from agents, is like some kind of mental resistance level for locals..
    The size as well, they are small units.

CITYFRINGE INVESTOR Guest

SINGAPOREANS OF ONE KIND. WHEN THE PROPERTY PRICE SHOOT UP, THEY LAMENT WHY THEY DID NOT BUY IT WHEN IT WAS DOWN. WHEN IT IS TOO HIGH, THEY KEEP CONSOLING THEMSELVES THAT WHAT GOES UP WILL COME DOWN. THAT IS WHY MOST AVERAGE SINGAPOREANS WILL NEVER GO FAR IN LIFE AND WILL NEVER GET TO SEE THE POT OF GOLD THAT FARSIGHTED PEOPLE SEE. IF ANYONE HAS FORESIGHT, I WILL ADVISE YOU TO LOOK AT THE CITYFRINGE. IF YOU READ THE PAPERS, I DO NOT HAVE TO ELABORATE MUCH....

The size as well, they are small units.

Quote Originally Posted by CITYFRINGE INVESTOR
    SINGAPOREANS OF ONE KIND. WHEN THE PROPERTY PRICE SHOOT UP, THEY LAMENT WHY THEY DID NOT BUY IT WHEN IT WAS DOWN. WHEN IT IS TOO HIGH, THEY KEEP CONSOLING THEMSELVES THAT WHAT GOES UP WILL COME DOWN. THAT IS WHY MOST AVERAGE SINGAPOREANS WILL NEVER GO FAR IN LIFE AND WILL NEVER GET TO SEE THE POT OF GOLD THAT FARSIGHTED PEOPLE SEE. IF ANYONE HAS FORESIGHT, I WILL ADVISE YOU TO LOOK AT THE CITYFRINGE. IF YOU READ THE PAPERS, I DO NOT HAVE TO ELABORATE MUCH....
    Agree. Opportunity dun knock twice. City fringe has a lot of potential, especially there is a mediplex there.

A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM ARE JUST HALF PAST SIX ABOUT PROPERTY INVESTMENT. THEY SING PRAISES ALL DAY ABOUT DEVELOPED PRIME DISTRICTS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN FULLY VALUED AND OVERLY PRICED TO DATE, NEGLECTING CITYFRINGE PROPERTIES IN ST MICHAEL, BOON KENG OR BELESTIAR. IF YOU INVEST IN AN AREA, YOU NEVER WANT TO BUY A PLACE WHEN IT IS FULLY DEVELOPED AS OWNERS WILL SELL YOU AT A PREMIUM. MY ADVICE TO YOU GUYS WILL ALWAYS BE TO BUY PLACES NEAR TOWN WITH AN UPSIDE POTENTIAL. PRICE RANGE FOR BETWEEN $800PSF TO $900PSF IS A STEAL FOR CITY FRINGE PROJECTS OFFERING FULL CONDO FACILITIES, SO DON'T MISS THE BOAT.

KINDLY REFRAIN FROM ATTACKING ME IN THE FORUM AS I AM JUST OFFERING A PIECE OF ADVICE TO POTENTIAL INVESTORS OUT THERE...

Agree. Opportunity dun knock twice. City fringe has a lot of potential, especially there is a mediplex there.

Unregistered99 Guest

i;m not attacking you. but why use all CAPS and SHOUT TO MAKE YR POINT? we all understand. thks.

Just_my_point Guest

I think CITYFRINGE INVESTOR are just half past six about net attitude, don't realise the implication about using caps. To me, different people have different opinion and risk appetite, whether the location is good for now or in the future. More importantly, It all depends if you have deep pocket to hold the property, so when during the downturn, still able to sustain it. In the long run, a good property, in a good location, esp freehold, is a good bet and even better if it provide good renting opportunity.
    Anyway, why do they want it to use Little India condo, when it is just besides Rangoon, and if I am not wrong, it it is nearer to Farrer Park MRT. I wonder why?

Maybe i am wrong, they use Little India cause it may within the vicinity of Little India. I think this is fine as the distance is quite minimal if you walked between these 2 stations.

Do you know that some part of Serangoon is called Marine Parade because they are under the Marine Parade GRC? This is absurd compared to this.

Talking

Sorry for using caps earlier... Singapore is a multiracial society and each race has its distinctive area (indians in little india, chinese in chinatown, malays in geylang serai, white people in holland area etc). although the demarcation is insignificant today, but it is only natural for different races to find an area they can call their own. Just my 2 cents worth anyway...

Maybe i am wrong, they use Little India cause it may within the vicinity of Little India. I think this is fine as the distance is quite minimal if you walked between these 2 stations.

Do you know that some part of Serangoon is called Marine Parade because they are under the Marine Parade GRC? This is absurd compared to this.

Thumbs up Without Prejudices!

make love not make war. let's be pretty neutral about the whole issue. there are many concerns by many people. but i do agree most super rich are mainly really wise people who do not follow the majority public when it comes to investment either stock or property. They know when its the right time to go in and majority of them have already started moving in while the rest of the public are still very dependent on the paper to feed them mostly outdated information that eventually motivate or demotivate them. in fact of of the them those who comment good and bad news about the economy are the people who actually taken action before they start to conclude and comment publicly. they would be billionaires already if they are really so accurate! most often, their comment are usual quite the opposite. the said US dollar will fall beyond $1.30 but its started to rebound, say investors are not keen to buy but there are still so many new cars and in fact mostly super cars and expensive cars being registered and bought by Singaporean. Ferraris, Porsche, Lamborgini, Audi R8, Nissan Skyline, Mercedes Benz S or C class, BMW 7 or 6 series, etc. These are all the kinda cars that is running with mostly new plate number and most with bidded numbers. Why would they be so crazy to spend half the amount of what is regarded to the rest of the public the amount to buy a private property when most are telling themselves bad economy, bad times etc. As for urban loft, it was really sold out the same day within the first 2 hrs of price list release and not on a first come first served basis but on a ballotting basis instead. there are a mixture of both investors and HDB upgraders as well. some of the investors are in fact our client who lost out on the ballotting during the last few ballotted project like suites123, mackenzie88 etc. Beacon Height currently the best buy in the market and definitely one looking at the kinda price, location, finishing, views, etc. We should be considering not just the development but also the most important factor that will determine if property markets are still going to be strong in many years to come; Social factor within Singapore at least for the last 10 years and next 10 years. Why was Singapore quoted as one of the world richest land in the world other than switzerland? why would most investors prefers to invest into Singapore? Why do you realise most of the recent investor and numbers still increasing are nationalities like China Chinese, India Indian, Indonesian (the long time supporters, Hong Kong People, European and even those super rich malaysian and thais are current major buyers into Singapore properties. Why did URA announced and promise more residential site within near distance from the city even areas near tanjong rhu as well? All for one simple factor: We are Simply Economically STABLE with extremely GOOD SECURITIES FREE FROM CORRUPTION & we definitely gonna see our property soar in time to come!!! Now ask yourself this question: "Do you wanna be one of the average beings in Singapore who may have to continue slogging till you retire or would you rather be one of those in the top earnings thru wise and sharp property investment?" One simple property investment might just be the turning point in your life!

Just my humble two cents without any prejudices.

Pet

I think its a matter of personal investment choice - no point to time the market. That aside - its also dependent on the development. For Urban Loft, I think it stands apart from the rest of the development with its unique and upmarket design (jacuzzi and penthouse swimming pool). Might not be a few hundered unit development but sited quite strategically near MRT (across the road) and away from the crowds. The area is also more Chinese being at the north of Farrer park MRT.