Thread: Renting out Prime Condo without using Property Agent

Default Renting out Prime Condo without using Property Agent

Hi,

I am looking for advice. I would like to rent out my prime area condo while minimizing commissions. I prefer not to use an agent. What are the pitfalls? I would be posting ads directly in the Straits Times as well as online. How amenable are agents who call up asking about my apartment to sharing the commission (effectively halving it)? How about agents who want commission beyond the initial two years? Any advice from those who have done it successfully before? Thank you.

my advice is u rent it out thru agent. They will do the letter of intent, tenancy agreement with proper inventory list, stamp the TA...etc.Furthermore, all corporate company will go thru agents for their corporate lease. If you wanna do it yr own, the risk is there.. If you own a priime condo, dont save all this la..later get yr condo into trouble...not worth it.