Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2 @ Leicester - FH by Whye Wah Construction

Default 2 @ Leicester - FH by Whye Wah Construction

Hi hi,

Was walking home with my little toddler last weekend and saw a large banner outside the few terrace houses beside Intero. Evidently, there is going to be this new launch by Whye Wah Construction beside Intero and opposite One Leicester. The advertisement for the launch also appeared in Sat's papers. Basically the specs are:

- 9 storey development
    - 16 units (2 units per floor)
    - lap pool
    - average $850psf
    - freehold
    - TOP end 2010

Actually I made this post not to ask about Whye Wah, but on a slightly related topic of living along Leicester Road. Basically we are quite concerned about all the developments coming up (or has already come up) along Leicester Road, and there is ONLY ONE exit point at Woodsville Close that is regulated by a yellow box junction. At this rate, all the residents here (Intero, Platinum Edge, One Leicester, 2 @ Leicester, Casa Meyer, Leicester Lodge, Woodsville 28) will be stuck in a long traffic tail-back each morning in trying to exit Woodsville Close that no ERP gantry can regulate; not to mention that there are tonnes of inconsiderate drivers who ignore the existence of the yellow box and drive right into it; hence making turning out impossible.

Anything which we can do to create another exit or a traffic light junction?

Floor plan and site layout of 2 @ Leicester for those interested is attached in the below link:

http://www.whyewah.com/web/leicester.php

According to the Floor plan Masterbdrm & balcony/planter all facing West Hot SUN.

At least this is not facing the expressway.

true, noise level is much lower compare to OL.. But can't te developer come out with better name... One leicester, now 2 leicester.... yucks!

Unregistered333

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    true, noise level is much lower compare to OL.. But can't te developer come out with better name... One leicester, now 2 leicester.... yucks!
    the name is still ok with me, but all the units will have both afternoon and morning sun.

Unregistered1111

Actually i think the layout for this devt is not too bad, and my wife and I are seriously considering. The reasons being:

1) There is good cross ventilation which means the units will be breezy. Every unit will have 270 degrees view.

2) We like the fact that every room comes with an attached bathroom. Better than wasting one bathroom space in the yard that is under/unutilised.

3) 2 bedrooms comes with L-shaped baywindows. This is a nice feature which is not commonly available for more than 1 bedroom for most developments.

Anyone has bought here? We are just unsure about the developer.

Unregistered1111

oh yes, forgot to add that we also like the large kitchen that comes with a utility and a household shelter. Was thinking of converting the utility into a wine cellar and the HS into a storeroom.

Unregistered888

Exclamation i am not an agent coz they stink

shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!

Give BH A Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered888
    shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!
    With scum like you, kandinsky, who cursed others to die, staying in BH. Better give BH a miss!

If Boon Keng is so good, as baselessly claimed by you, many would be rushing to stay in the areas. Why are they not doing it? Something is wrong! Better stay clear of BH!

So many others following me in avoiding BH. That's good!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast