Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Grandhill (Freehold)

DN

Default The Grandhill (Freehold)

Does anyone have any ffeedback or advice on this property?
    I am looking at this place now....

grandhill is one of the best in my opinion. seaview, quiet and serene. what do u wish to know?

property supporter

Quote Originally Posted by jt88
    grandhill is one of the best in my opinion. seaview, quiet and serene. what do u wish to know?
    Ya, I also want to buy but current psf is high, above 1000. Do you dare to buy at the current situation???

Default View

Would the view be blocked by the yet to be built Far East's condo at Belmeg?

DN

I believe it will not be block by the Balmeg development as the Balmeg would only be at best alongside/abreast with Grandhills. Besides Balmeg appears to be located on the side towards the PSA cranes.

DN

MY question on Grandhill is in respecto the reasonable price level one might expect there. Banks are currently valuing properties there at less than 1000psf. HSBC and DBS have reverted with similar preliminary valuation response. Particularly, their valuation appears to he dropped over the past 3 months (not surprisingly). They used to be able to take a valuation of aboug 1000psf for the exact same property.... 3 months down the road, they have advised not able to value at 1000psf anymore... ....

Any ideas if the owners there are simply too much or if you have any ideas or views as to bank;'s valuation appears to be below wha owners are asking for... will be helpful.

yeah definitely no units will be blocked by far east plot. unless the landed properties in front of grandhill gets enbloc and develops 5storey high apts. but still, maybe only 1st and 2nd floor units will be affected.

property supporter

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    MY question on Grandhill is in respecto the reasonable price level one might expect there. Banks are currently valuing properties there at less than 1000psf. HSBC and DBS have reverted with similar preliminary valuation response. Particularly, their valuation appears to he dropped over the past 3 months (not surprisingly). They used to be able to take a valuation of aboug 1000psf for the exact same property.... 3 months down the road, they have advised not able to value at 1000psf anymore... ....

Any ideas if the owners there are simply too much or if you have any ideas or views as to bank;'s valuation appears to be below wha owners are asking for... will be helpful.
    I can understand your frustration in trying to get a resonably priced unit at Grandhill, I am also having the same problem as I felt the current psf owners at Granhill are asking is on the high side. But the fact is that no one wants to lower their psf and I really don't know when they will crack. I suspect most of them have holding power and they are not in a hurry to offload their unit at lower psf.

Even projects such as Maylea are still asking between 900-1000psf and it has been a frustration 1 month hunt for my family, going to units every weekend and ended up like a tourist and agent being a tour guide.

I guess it all depends on how urgent you need a unit and the only downside will be that prices may go up again which is quite unlikely in view of so many negative news about our property market.

Yes, passed by the development yesterday and agreed that it will not be blocked by the new Balmeg condo.... may be just the sideview only for some unit. The older Le Hill is asking for $800 to $900 psf. I think Grandhill is a much better project than Le Hill. But, I personally think that above $1000 psf may be on the high side at current market condition. I also think that there may be a possibility of price adjustment at Pasir Panjang Hill areas once Far East launch its Balmeg condo. I don't think Far East will launch it cheap.

My advice is that you take the bank's "valuation" purely as (i) the bank's own risk management mechanism in ensuring that they will be able to recover the loan sum if there is a foreclosure and sale (as they like to say, the banks lend you the umbrella when it's sunny, and not when it's raining), and (ii) therefore a very rough guide.

I've had different banks quote a spread of more than 15% for the same property at the same time, not least when some of them simply call their agent friends for "quotes".

Not suggesting that prices should be higher nor lower than what the banks' valuation is.

Quote Originally Posted by DW

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast