Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodsville 28 (D13, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Ooh, looks like yours is the 3+study, stack 2, 1399sqft. Very spacious in today's context. Move in now haa haa.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Ooh, looks like yours is the 3+study, stack 2, 1399sqft. Very spacious in today's context. Move in now haa haa.

the study is more like a 4th bedroom. It is very spacious. Because the study is connected to the MBR by a non-structural wall, we have an option of knocking the wall down and expanding the MBR...good sensible layout

Congrats to all owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    the study is more like a 4th bedroom. It is very spacious. Because the study is connected to the MBR by a non-structural wall, we have an option of knocking the wall down and expanding the MBR...good sensible layout

Default where to hang cloth?

for all owners, i wanted to ask.. where should we hang our laundry cloth?
    i cant find a place..
    iam nt sure for 3+1 / 4 bedrooms, but my unit 3 bedroom. i cannot find where to hang cloths!

and i found out another matter.. the living can heard outside voices!
    as i know normally condo is sound proof! but why mine not?

Quote Originally Posted by n406
    for all owners, i wanted to ask.. where should we hang our laundry cloth?
    i cant find a place..
    iam nt sure for 3+1 / 4 bedrooms, but my unit 3 bedroom. i cannot find where to hang cloths!

and i found out another matter.. the living can heard outside voices!
    as i know normally condo is sound proof! but why mine not?
    You probably have to construct some clothes hangers from the ceiling to air-dry your clothes, or else invest in a dryer to tumble dry your clothes after washing.

If you can hear voices from the lift lobby, it could mean the door is rather thin, or the sound travelled in through your living room balcony. As the living room is still empty, the sound probably echoed as well. When you have fitted in your furnishings and curtains, these would absorb the sound, and it should a lot quieter.

I am only collecting my keys next Tuesday, so I will probably find out then.

Are you planning to stay or are you renting out the unit?

Quote Originally Posted by tony67
    You probably have to construct some clothes hangers from the ceiling to air-dry your clothes, or else invest in a dryer to tumble dry your clothes after washing.

If you can hear voices from the lift lobby, it could mean the door is rather thin, or the sound travelled in through your living room balcony. As the living room is still empty, the sound probably echoed as well. When you have fitted in your furnishings and curtains, these would absorb the sound, and it should a lot quieter.

I am only collecting my keys next Tuesday, so I will probably find out then.

Are you planning to stay or are you renting out the unit?
    i collected my keys today!
    Hmm. for the noises are not from the lift/hall but is outside which i facing the highway side! what i found out is under the doors(that 6 doors) got 1 small hole!

and 1 more problems for all owner which should be alert! my unit the bedroom floor.. when iam walking SOMETIMES there is a sound "ck ck" like they stick the woods not in a good conditions

i planning for staying

Hmm. for the noises are not from the lift/hall but is outside which i facing the highway side! what i found out is under the doors(that 6 doors) got 1 small hole!

and 1 more problems for all owner which should be alert! my unit the bedroom floor.. when iam walking SOMETIMES there is a sound "ck ck" like they stick the woods not in a good conditions

i planning for staying
    Its quite normal to hf the ck ck sound from parquet flooring as its new....after a while it will b gone

Doors got small hole?

Meaning ur windows not double glazed lor....woodsville cfm vy noisy

Your glass doors have holes? Why don't you take a photo? It could be the edge for the stopper on both sides. The parquet flooring with "clicking" sound is uncommon. It means that the contractor laid it without securing it. That's why it is loose. Try peeling one out. Can play jigsaw puzzle.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

After we set out most of the furniture in the room, there isn't much space to walk over actually, so the flooring might actually become a non-issue. I wonder if the road noise is just particularly bad for the living room because of the gaps around the sliding doors. What about the bedrooms - which should have windows which are more securely sealed? Is the noise just as bad?

Which floor is your unit? I am definitely going to put lots of tall plants to shield off both dust and noise from the road.

I have other issues with the building facade and less-than-perfect design features, which I suppose would have to be addressed by the interim Management Council formed to take up issues concerning common areas with the developer.

Woodsville 28 looks more like two oversized blocks of walk-up apartments rather than a condominium with its own character and charm. Just look further down at 8@Woodleigh to realise the big difference. 8@Woodleigh looks a lot sharper and smarter.

For example, the entrance to W28 is really quite depressing - you enter the condomium to pass under chunky frames of brown steel right into a cavernous gaping basement carpark. What does such a structure serve? It is not a gazebo that hold hanging plants, neither does it provide shelter from rain - so it is functionally and aesthetically deficient.

I might have been more forgiving if they had designed planter boxes to hold hanging flowering plants like bougainvillas over the carpark entrance, but there is such an appalling lack of imagination. The mediocrity and half-heartedness makes me both mad and sad that I have to be moving into something which someone has carelessly designed.

... "Seriously thinks he should go to the developer immediately and not spill the tiniest flaw online" ...
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

i planning for staying
    Get your reno contractor in asap and let them do a thorough check on the quality of the finishing. Then one time get the developer to come down to rectify. Don't start reno yet before these things are rectified. Be the first to complain otherwise you'll be down the waiting list...

Should check all floor finishes (tiles and timber flooring) to ensure they are properly fixed to floor. Just use a rod and slide over them and you will hear those hollow sound on the floor tiles with insufficient mortar. Alternatively, some unit coins but more texting. Applies to wall tiles too.

i planning for staying

The agent will be very happy to identify defects in the unit quite quickly with sticky tape if you are renting out your place. They know the likely problem areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Get your reno contractor in asap and let them do a thorough check on the quality of the finishing. Then one time get the developer to come down to rectify. Don't start reno yet before these things are rectified. Be the first to complain otherwise you'll be down the waiting list...

The less noisy units should be those facing St Andrew's school.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Its quite normal to hf the ck ck sound from parquet flooring as its new....after a while it will b gone

Doors got small hole?

Meaning ur windows not double glazed lor....woodsville cfm vy noisy

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    The less noisy units should be those facing St Andrew's school.
    but full west sun

That is why did not go for this project when it was launched. One Leicester pool facing units on high floors are much better. The asking price is comparable to this development and FH.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    but full west sun

thx for all opinions and suggestion.
    the holes are not at the window (sorry) its on the rail(below) of the window! for those who had took their key you might try to look at it!
    (sorry not really know how to upload the picture! )

i have 1 uncle and 1 friends, my uncle own condo at "The arte" and my friends is at "one shenton way" both condo are very sound proof and i love it

telling the truth i myself abit disappointed with this project, i felt like the designer is really not a pro! wasting alot of space and the quality is not there everything just average!

the kitchen(3bedroom) will be very dark even at the afternoon and the space is very small. if you put 1 freight and the door is opening then other ppl cant go over the kitchen already.

the best from this project is the LOCATION only! which are beside MRT and Bus stops! others just secondary!

and my unit is on 7th floor!

After .......

I have other issues with the building facade and less-than-perfect design features, which I suppose would have to be addressed by the interim Management Council formed to take up issues concerning common areas with the developer.

Woodsville 28 looks more like two oversized blocks of walk-up apartments rather than a condominium with its own character and charm. Just look further down at 8@Woodleigh to realise the big difference. 8@Woodleigh looks a lot sharper and smarter.

Guess if there are so much issues, just a thought, why dun you sell ur unit for a good profit. One agent offers at $12xx psf for units here... Then get a unit at woodleigh...

thx for all opinions and suggestion.
    the holes are not at the window (sorry) its on the rail(below) of the window! for those who had took their key you might try to look at it!
    (sorry not really know how to upload the picture! )

i have 1 uncle and 1 friends, my uncle own condo at "The arte" and my friends is at "one shenton way" both condo are very sound proof and i love it

the best from this project is the LOCATION only! which are beside MRT and Bus stops! others just secondary!

and my unit is on 7th floor!
    If u want to fix e window, look for fascina, they have solutions to soundproof your windows. Usually a window bumper fillers should do e job...

telling the truth i myself abit disappointed with this project, i felt like the designer is really not a pro! wasting alot of space and the quality is not there everything just average!

the kitchen(3bedroom) will be very dark even at the afternoon and the space is very small. if you put 1 freight and the door is opening then other ppl cant go over the kitchen already.

why are you disappointed?
    you still remember your experience at the show flat? what is the difference between showflat and ur flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberknight
    Guess if there are so much issues, just a thought, why dun you sell ur unit for a good profit. One agent offers at $12xx psf for units here... Then get a unit at woodleigh...
    LOL - thanks for the offer. But I really needed the space, and apartments in 8@Woodleigh are much smaller. Hopefully, most of the W28 owners are stayers, and would be interested to get together to create a much better home and living environment for ourselves. W28 is at a great location and it is a wasted opportunity that the developer didn't try to do better.

Maybe the Malaysian developer of Leong Bee Court will do better?

LOL - thanks for the offer. But I really needed the space, and apartments in 8@Woodleigh are much smaller. Hopefully, most of the W28 owners are stayers, and would be interested to get together to create a much better home and living environment for ourselves. W28 is at a great location and it is a wasted opportunity that the developer didn't try to do better.

Maybe the Malaysian developer of Leong Bee Court will do better?
    Hi Tony67, i also think the size for 8@W is smaller, which i don't like as space to me is top priority. But in term of the landscape, 8@W is slight better than W28.

I will move in next year once renovation work is done. which is the layout for your unit.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970
    Hi Tony67, i also think the size for 8@W is smaller, which i don't like as space to me is top priority. But in term of the landscape, 8@W is slight better than W28.

I will move in next year once renovation work is done. which is the layout for your unit.

Cheers.

you people is very funny! either W28 or 8@W, both are great.....
    as for the noise, some minor touch up (renovation) will do the trick....
    if is not ideal, then sell now as price is still high, demand for this project is also hot....

Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong
    you people is very funny! either W28 or 8@W, both are great.....
    as for the noise, some minor touch up (renovation) will do the trick....
    if is not ideal, then sell now as price is still high, demand for this project is also hot....

You have competition if u are buying. Seems like offers are hitting close to $1300 psf for w28. But not that many sellers.

Agree that both are great and for those who bought, congrats and count your blessing cos both project designs are e better ones for that price that you pay.
    Try checking out the new condos in ponggol, sengkang which you have to pay $850 psf to $1,100 psf. Small size and cramped layout. Who needs a big balcony for an 800psf unit anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970

Cheers.
    Mine is the 3+1.

I'm not W28 owner. Now that owners here are getting their keys, may I ask a unique case. If S&P states that I should get a longbath in my master toilet, what does it mean? Is it a bathtub or are there other interpretations? My master toilet, after studying the floorplan, does not seem to be able to fit a bathtub. So what if my master toilet eventually does not come with a bathtub, what action can I take?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberknight
    You have competition if u are buying. Seems like offers are hitting close to $1300 psf for w28. But not that many sellers.

Agree that both are great and for those who bought, congrats and count your blessing cos both project designs are e better ones for that price that you pay.
    Try checking out the new condos in ponggol, sengkang which you have to pay $850 psf to $1,100 psf. Small size and cramped layout. Who needs a big balcony for an 800psf unit anyway?
    hee...hee... i know, i can't afford this area anymore. In view the opp area will be the new town, in the next couple of years, the more that i can't afford, just regret when it was around $1000psf, i should grab. Don't know will the price of this area drop if there's a recession next year?

With the new town coming up, there will be more facilities, this area really a gem. The new condos in punggol and sengkang, i viewed them before, agree that the size of the unit really small.

Anyway CONGRATS to owners of W28. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I'm not W28 owner. Now that owners here are getting their keys, may I ask a unique case. If S&P states that I should get a longbath in my master toilet, what does it mean? Is it a bathtub or are there other interpretations? My master toilet, after studying the floorplan, does not seem to be able to fit a bathtub. So what if my master toilet eventually does not come with a bathtub, what action can I take?
    The S&P is probably the best document to hold the developer accountable since it is legally enforceable. If the floorplan doesn't show a long-bath, I think you should raise this to your lawyer immediately.

Guess raising to my lawyer is the best option. I asked the developer once and their representative was quick to dismiss my concern by saying if its in the S&P, then it will be given! Guess I'll just have to wait till TOP to confirm before asking my lawyer. Anyway I suspect the length of the bathroom cannot have a longbath so what sort of rectification from the developer can I hope for?