Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Livia owners

Default Calling all Livia owners

Hi all,

I just bought an unit in Livia. Hope to meet all my new neighbours online in this forum and to discuss the progress of our new abode to be

olivewine Guest

Default howdy neighbour!!

now there are two of us!!!

Default Another owner in Livia!!!

hey there!

I just bought a 4 bedder on Sunday evening. Interest in this project is awesome, seems to be greater than Clover or Dakota, in terms of percentage units sold.

Does anyone know the latest figures? 80% of preview units were sold by early last week. How about for the units released this weekend?

Unregistered111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by property2007
    hey there!

I just bought a 4 bedder on Sunday evening. Interest in this project is awesome, seems to be greater than Clover or Dakota, in terms of percentage units sold.

Does anyone know the latest figures? 80% of preview units were sold by early last week. How about for the units released this weekend?
    I guess all sold, if it better than Clover and Dakota. All are 99 leasehold and Livia is so far away from town how can it be greater?

Down Down Guest

Singapore c.bank sees more downside risks to markets
    Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:37am EDT

SINGAPORE, July 14 (Reuters) - Singapore's central bank said it is closely monitoring financial markets in the wake of the crisis surrounding U.S. mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and warned of big downside risks in global markets.

"Significant challenges and downside risks in the international financial markets remain and financial institutions and investors should stay vigilant," the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said on Monday.

"The direct impact of the credit crisis on financial markets and financial institutions in Singapore has been relatively modest so far," the central bank said.

Singapore's Straits Times stock market index .FTSTI has fallen 16 percent this year. The country's three banks have suffered relatively modest writedowns on their debt investments as a result of the credit crunch.

The U.S. Treasury and Federal Reserve called on Sunday for sweeping measures to lend money and buy equity, if necessary, in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which own or guarantee $5 trillion in debt -- close to half the value of all U.S. mortgages.

The U.S. government plan to bolster the government-sponsored mortgage financiers helped calm markets on Monday, but did little to allay fears about the health of the U.S. financial system.

The MAS declined to comment on whether any of Singapore's foreign reserves are invested in debt from Fannie and Freddie.

Singapore had about $177 billion in its foreign reserves as of the end of June.

Foreign central banks, mostly in Asia, hold $979 billion of the $5 trillion bonds and mortgage-backed bonds sold by Freddie and Fannie.

Unregistered9 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by property2007
    hey there!

May I ask how much psf you bought it at please? Was it a high floor unit?

Default Livia 4 Bedder

Got a mid-floor unit around 670 psf, 1539 sqft.

Up up Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Down Down
    Singapore c.bank sees more downside risks to markets
    Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:37am EDT

SINGAPORE, July 14 (Reuters) - Singapore's central bank said it is closely monitoring financial markets in the wake of the crisis surrounding U.S. mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and warned of big downside risks in global markets.

"Significant challenges and downside risks in the international financial markets remain and financial institutions and investors should stay vigilant," the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said on Monday.

"The direct impact of the credit crisis on financial markets and financial institutions in Singapore has been relatively modest so far," the central bank said.

Singapore's Straits Times stock market index .FTSTI has fallen 16 percent this year. The country's three banks have suffered relatively modest writedowns on their debt investments as a result of the credit crunch.

The U.S. Treasury and Federal Reserve called on Sunday for sweeping measures to lend money and buy equity, if necessary, in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which own or guarantee $5 trillion in debt -- close to half the value of all U.S. mortgages.

The U.S. government plan to bolster the government-sponsored mortgage financiers helped calm markets on Monday, but did little to allay fears about the health of the U.S. financial system.

The MAS declined to comment on whether any of Singapore's foreign reserves are invested in debt from Fannie and Freddie.

Singapore had about $177 billion in its foreign reserves as of the end of June.

Foreign central banks, mostly in Asia, hold $979 billion of the $5 trillion bonds and mortgage-backed bonds sold by Freddie and Fannie.

your stupid intention here is clear.

thanks for the quick replies my neighbours to be

for those others who have posted messages that are off-topic please post your points and advise elsewhere where they may be more welcomed

I started this thread specifically for all new Livia owners

Unregistered000 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered111
    I guess all sold, if it better than Clover and Dakota. All are 99 leasehold and Livia is so far away from town how can it be greater?
    agree that livia is too far away. the money saved is not worth the travel time and petrol

There are many and varied considerations for buying an apt in Livia. Distance from town may or may not be one of them. If you realy want to discuss this, please start another thread or go to one of the other threads on Livia...i think there are at least 3 others : )

My request is leave this thread solely for Livia owners to interact

Bad analysis Guest

I'm not a Livia owners but what you say is pure BS. The money saved is significant - assuming $650psf vs $1000 psf for Dakota, it is $350psf and for a 1200 sq ft house, you save $420k! That is your lifttime of petrol. Not forgetting you don't have to owe the bank so much, reach financial freedom faster, and use the $$ to invest in other more worthy assets or start a business etc. Also, do not assume it take more time to travel to town. Most of the time, the jam is within the city itself. I'm sure if one drives from Livia and another take MRT from Dakota to Raffles Place. I'm sure Livia reach faster door to door.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered000
    agree that livia is too far away. the money saved is not worth the travel time and petrol

Unregistered0414 Guest

how abt starting a new group in Facebook..called "Upcoming Livia Owners"....so that we can avoid people from hijacking this thread..

Unregistered999 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bad analysis
    I'm not a Livia owners but what you say is pure BS. The money saved is significant - assuming $650psf vs $1000 psf for Dakota, it is $350psf and for a 1200 sq ft house, you save $420k! That is your lifttime of petrol. Not forgetting you don't have to owe the bank so much, reach financial freedom faster, and use the $$ to invest in other more worthy assets or start a business etc. Also, do not assume it take more time to travel to town. Most of the time, the jam is within the city itself. I'm sure if one drives from Livia and another take MRT from Dakota to Raffles Place. I'm sure Livia reach faster door to door.
    money cannot buy time lost

Unregistered123 Guest

money cannot buy time lost - totally agree. the project is very good, but in a wrong location.

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    money cannot buy time lost - totally agree. the project is very good, but in a wrong location.
    Good meh?!!! So long planter, not even balcony! all the huge bay windows... CDL makes a lot of $$$ on those unnecessary features.

na Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bad analysis

when we talk abt potential, then it's a lifetime of regret + petrol lorh...since livia's upside is limited compared to dakota...

But, people buy different parts of Singapore for their own reasons...so it's their choice.

But I really don't think an MRT train from Dakota to Raffles Place is slower than driving from Livia...not even on a ferarri. So, don't make unrealistic comparison.

New Thread Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered0414
    how abt starting a new group in Facebook..called "Upcoming Livia Owners"....so that we can avoid people from hijacking this thread..
    U better... u come to a public forum and you ask ppl to jack off..

I am not a Livia Owner. But i am a neutral observer. The only advantage of Livia is its price. Period. It is not that near MRT, is leasehold, the interior finishing isn't great. But it is near downtown east and chalets and so has a kind of resort feeling....

Interested Buyer Guest

Anybody can upload the pictures of the project? Pls .......

na Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Interested Buyer
    Anybody can upload the pictures of the project? Pls .......
    Go CDL website can see all.

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by New Thread
    U better... u come to a public forum and you ask ppl to jack off..

I am not a Livia Owner. But i am a neutral observer. The only advantage of Livia is its price. Period. It is not that near MRT, is leasehold, the interior finishing isn't great. But it is near downtown east and chalets and so has a kind of resort feeling....
    Agree. it's not near at all. don't forget the actual site is far far away from the show flat, almost close to Elaise Green there. I wonder how fast can ppl walk under such big tropical sun?
    It is even not near from the showflat to MRT, need to claim a big hill! Oh My! you say that's near to MRT?

Unregistered9 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    Agree. it's not near at all. don't forget the actual site is far far away from the show flat, almost close to Elaise Green there. I wonder how fast can ppl walk under such big tropical sun?
    It is even not near from the showflat to MRT, need to claim a big hill! Oh My! you say that's near to MRT?

A few typos...''Elias" Green not Elaise Green
    climb and not claim (if I can claim the hill, I'd build a house on it )

The distance to MRT, while not next to MRT stations like Dakota, KM, KR and TQ, is still within reasonable walking distance.

Just because you don't like or can't afford does not mean you should pour scorn on people

Default Ris Granduer going for 710 psf

I just noticed some Ris Grandeur listings asking around 710 psf. I understand Ris Grandeur is freehold, and is just across Sungei Api Api from Livia.

It TOPed in 2006, and will be 5 yrs old when Livia comes on-stream in 2011.

Has anyone been to Ris Grandeur, and know why the owners are asking so low psf?

everyone buy for a reason. pls dont throw wet blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerang
    everyone buy for a reason. pls dont throw wet blanket.
    My intent is not to throw a wet blanket... I bought a unit in Livia too. I am hoping for more comments / discussions about these two developments - Livia vs Ris Grandeur, especially from owners or those that had been to Ris Grandeur and can make comparisons.

Neighbor Guest

I currently stay in Pasir Ris.. and I just bought a unit in Livia (yo neighbor!).
    I'm also really happy with my purchase. Been to almost all the other launches, showflats, etc... in the East. In the end, me and my gf still preferred Livia.

Ris Grandeur is cheaper because its a lot further from the MRT.
    Livia is walkable to MRT... Ris Grandeur is not. To get from Ris Grandeur to MRT... need to take shuttle bus. Frequency is... urggh... Its next to the expressway and next to the petrol station. Ok if you drive I guess.. but imagine listening to the cars zooming by the expressway when you are trying to spend a quiet moment at home.

BTW I dun stay in Ris Grandeur... I just know the Pasir Ris area well because I've stayed here for a while...

Yes I've walked the distance from Livia to the MRT... very walkable (8mins leisurely stroll). I walk further everyday to my current place. If you think you rather save the money to buy car... by all means.

Its ok if you think Pasir Ris is ulu and dun like it.... better for people that like it here because there's less people to form a crowd. Actually Pasir Ris is a REALLY far and disgusting place. I suggest you stay away.....

Do I care if the property market goes down? Not really... cos this is where I stay. Talk it down all you want.... because the choice units with great layout and awesome views are already taken (one of them by me!). Even if the price drops, there's no way you can get those units.

So you say I'm paying more to bank in terms of interest etc.... Not really because I can afford it and I'm intending to pre/partial pay the loan as I go along so that the loan period will be really short and I'm paying minimum interest.

Talking Good and honest comment my neighbour

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor
    Yes I've walked the distance from Livia to the MRT... very walkable (8mins leisurely stroll). I walk further everyday to my current place. If you think you rather save the money to buy car... by all means.

Its ok if you think Pasir Ris is ulu and dun like it.... better for people that like it here because there's less people to form a crowd. Actually Pasir Ris is a REALLY far and disgusting place. I suggest you stay away.....

Do I care if the property market goes down? Not really... cos this is where I stay. Talk it down all you want.... because the choice units with great layout and awesome views are already taken (one of them by me!). Even if the price drops, there's no way you can get those units.

So you say I'm paying more to bank in terms of interest etc.... Not really because I can afford it and I'm intending to pre/partial pay the loan as I go along so that the loan period will be really short and I'm paying minimum interest.

Thank you for your sincere comments. I can't help but agree with what you have said. Many Livia owners are buying to stay and don't mind paying the current price to make sure we get an unit we like than stay on the sidelines and wait in hopeful anticipation that prices will drop.

I intend to take pictures of the Livia plot as the constructions progresses as it will definitely make a good house warming video or slide show.

olivewine Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by aukang

Thank you for your sincere comments. I can't help but agree with what you have said. Many Livia owners are buying to stay and don't mind paying the current price to make sure we get an unit we like than stay on the sidelines and wait in hopeful anticipation that prices will drop.

I intend to take pictures of the Livia plot as the constructions progresses as it will definitely make a good house warming video or slide show.
    I'm buying to stay too!
    Have you guys decided on the colour scheme and type of flooring?

Your intention to track the devt of Livia sounds like an excellent idea!

olivewine Guest

Just recieved the sales and purchase agreement from hong realty....

Seems that the remaining empty plot is divided into 4 sites for development...

Anyone any idea what and when would they be developed? Heard a rumour that one of the sites would be commercial development instead....

Unregistered222 Guest

just read the URA masterplan 2008. There is no plan for commercial building in that plot of land. However, i realise the plot ratio is high at 2.1.