Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Livia owners

AMK Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lele
    HI ALL !!

GOOD NEWS,

let form a group, link below

Your Group livia_sg has been created. You can access your group using the link below or from the Yahoo! Groups "My Groups" page.

Group name: livia_sg
    Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/livia_sg
    Group email: [email protected]

Wow.... will join the group...

New Guest

Find the discussion about servicing the loan in Clover forum quite interesting, cut and paste here to share:

-----Starter ----
    Puzzle about servicing the loan.

Saw on the web one bank offering, 3.5, 3.5, 3.7 & 3.8 after (depend on floating rate, possible to hit 5).

Assume a 1m unit, assume you have 5% (50k) cash and 15% (150k) cpf, you still have 0.8m to service at above rates assuming 30 years which work out to be almost 4k monthly.

Current cpf oa (max cap at 4.5k) and depend on age is about 1k. That means you have to top up cash of about 3k.

Assume the publish data of Singaporean average family income of 5k, that is a lot cash monthly.

Even assume HDB upgrader has a 500k unit to dispose, you still have 0.3m to service which work out less that 1.5k a month.

Even if you earn 10k to 30k like the few here, you job must be secure to continue to have cpf and cash.

Even you clear all your savings and liquidate all your fixed assets with nothing except this fixed asset and your job, it is a puzzle to me.

---- point 1: rent ---
    If you have a HDB, use it to service your loan.
    You only need to fork out little cash then.

Don't ever sell your HDB because it is a good source of income.

---- point 2: sell ---
    if ur HDB can give you $500K, compare with your interest of $800K loan, instead of rent out, rather deposit the $500k to clear your loan first, feel much secure to have $300K loan instead of $800K, what if economic goes worse, no rental income, how to find so much $$$ to serve the $800K?

Therefore I suggest to sell HDB to fill the loan, instead of using the rental to cover partial loan. Your comment?

---- point 3: sell ---
    Based on a 3.25% 20 years tenure, the 500K topup to reduce the loan of $800K to $300K save you a monthly instalment of $1,985.19.

If you will to keep the HBD value at $500K, you have to make sure that the rental yield for the next 20 years must exceed $1,985 per month.

So for me, I will rather sell my HDB and lower my loan to $300K.

Since the housing price and rental in Pasir Ris are much lower than Bishan, I think we need to calculate carefully.

Will you sell or rent out your HDB flat?

water quality Guest

today paper say pasir ris beach has lots of bacteria!!!!
    beware livia owners!

Quote Originally Posted by water quality
    beware livia owners!
    hope it dun occur often we have move in. do you think downtown, horse riding or the fisherman valley cause it ? It have to be some big amount to cause it, doubt it is caused by one single dog/cat shit.

Quote Originally Posted by water quality
    beware livia owners!
    thanks for the warning

but no worries, we'll be doing our swimming in the Livia pool and only go strolling along the Pasir Ris beach

Quote Originally Posted by lele
    hope it dun occur often we have move in. do you think downtown, horse riding or the fisherman valley cause it ? It have to be some big amount to cause it, doubt it is caused by one single dog/cat shit.
    Think is horse shit !

Too kind Guest

Quote Originally Posted by New
    Find the discussion about servicing the loan in Clover forum quite interesting, cut and paste here to share:

-----Starter ----
    Puzzle about servicing the loan.

Saw on the web one bank offering, 3.5, 3.5, 3.7 & 3.8 after (depend on floating rate, possible to hit 5).

Assume a 1m unit, assume you have 5% (50k) cash and 15% (150k) cpf, you still have 0.8m to service at above rates assuming 30 years which work out to be almost 4k monthly.

Current cpf oa (max cap at 4.5k) and depend on age is about 1k. That means you have to top up cash of about 3k.

Assume the publish data of Singaporean average family income of 5k, that is a lot cash monthly.

Even assume HDB upgrader has a 500k unit to dispose, you still have 0.3m to service which work out less that 1.5k a month.

Even if you earn 10k to 30k like the few here, you job must be secure to continue to have cpf and cash.

Even you clear all your savings and liquidate all your fixed assets with nothing except this fixed asset and your job, it is a puzzle to me.

---- point 1: rent ---
    If you have a HDB, use it to service your loan.
    You only need to fork out little cash then.

Don't ever sell your HDB because it is a good source of income.

---- point 2: sell ---
    if ur HDB can give you $500K, compare with your interest of $800K loan, instead of rent out, rather deposit the $500k to clear your loan first, feel much secure to have $300K loan instead of $800K, what if economic goes worse, no rental income, how to find so much $$$ to serve the $800K?

Therefore I suggest to sell HDB to fill the loan, instead of using the rental to cover partial loan. Your comment?

---- point 3: sell ---
    Based on a 3.25% 20 years tenure, the 500K topup to reduce the loan of $800K to $300K save you a monthly instalment of $1,985.19.

If you will to keep the HBD value at $500K, you have to make sure that the rental yield for the next 20 years must exceed $1,985 per month.

So for me, I will rather sell my HDB and lower my loan to $300K.

Since the housing price and rental in Pasir Ris are much lower than Bishan, I think we need to calculate carefully.

Will you sell or rent out your HDB flat?
    Oh dear, you are too kind! None of the Livia owner will response you...

You know why? Because the EA at Pasir Ris is just around $400K, and the rental demand in Pasir Ris HDB is almost zero, what do you expect them to say? compare the rental yield with the hugh loan interest? They have to choice but to sell their HDB flat low low to fill the huge home loan! Don't waste your time cut and paste here lah... they won't appreciate one...

Quote Originally Posted by Too kind

You know why? Because the EA at Pasir Ris is just around $400K, and the rental demand in Pasir Ris HDB is almost zero, what do you expect them to say? compare the rental yield with the hugh loan interest? They have to choice but to sell their HDB flat low low to fill the huge home loan! Don't waste your time cut and paste here lah... they won't appreciate one...

i think majority here are buying livia to stay.. not for rental or investment...

dede Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Too kind

oh you are too kind. don't worry, small kid, those of us who bot livia have got enough money to pay unlike sore loser like u. maybe u should work harder leh.

Quote Originally Posted by dede
    oh you are too kind. don't worry, small kid, those of us who bot livia have got enough money to pay unlike sore loser like u. maybe u should work harder leh.

Hi dede and rest of livia owners,

i had form a livia group, thinking to group all future neighbours together, pls join and promote it

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/livia_sg/

Default 4th University

for those who bought for rentals, the 4th public university may add to the demand for rooms/housing in the area

but not me...i buy to stay

4th public Uni? when did this news appear?

PM Lee's National Day message....

To upgrade our economy, we must invest in our people, especially through education. We are improving our polytechnics and ITEs, where most of our students go. We are also expanding university places. The Government has approved plans for a new publicly-funded university. Its campus will be in Changi, with good bus and train access from around the island. It will admit its first intake in 2011. This new university will open up more opportunities for Singaporeans to develop themselves and to advance.

The fourth Uni will be next to changi business park/expo mrt..

What is the opening hour of Livia showflat? Open on Sunday? anyone know?

777 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aukang
    for those who bought for rentals, the 4th public university may add to the demand for rooms/housing in the area

but not me...i buy to stay
    wah lau the 4th uni is damn far from your livia lah. aiyoh. those people who in the uni will rent nearer condo la. don't forget got Hdb there also, near simpang bedok and simei. u all arr.

888 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    What is the opening hour of Livia showflat? Open on Sunday? anyone know?
    open everyday la from 10 am - 7 pm. never go showflat before isit?

Livia Guest

Smile planning to buy

Hi Folks,

I am in the process of settling for a unit. Its my first private property, any advise?

I am waiting for HSBC and UOB to come back with their offer. Guess it will be same same.

I choose Livia for few reasons:
    1. away from city hustle
    2. near beach
    3. lots of greens
    4. lower price but is 99yrs
    5. near TPE (less heavy traffic)
    6. the layout

Unregistered9 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Livia
    Hi Folks,

I am in the process of settling for a unit. Its my first private property, any advise?

I am waiting for HSBC and UOB to come back with their offer. Guess it will be same same.

I choose Livia for few reasons:
    1. away from city hustle
    2. near beach
    3. lots of greens
    4. lower price but is 99yrs
    5. near TPE (less heavy traffic)
    6. the layout
    Congrats! You may wish to consider getting your friends who are already owners to 'intro' you as both parties will get some cash back - 3K or 4K depending on size of unit

livia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered9
    Congrats! You may wish to consider getting your friends who are already owners to 'intro' you as both parties will get some cash back - 3K or 4K depending on size of unit
    Ya.. heard of this not sure if it is the same promo with CDl moon cake festival discount. Or izit both... wow...hah..ha..ha

Property Analyst Guest

See the below articles, congrats to all condo owners near MRT:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=4922

I think just want to add the below point.

When comparing condos near MRT, we can't just blindly compare it by how long it takes to walk to the nearest MRT station.

For example, many people keep saying that The Quarts is better as compared to Livia because it's just 3 mins away to MRT whereas Livia is 8 mins.

I think it depends, if you work in city (City Hall & Raffles Place), then I would say Livia is better because you don't need to change train.
    You need to walk 3-5 mins to change train alone, not to mention the waiting time for the next train.
    Also most of the time you get a seat when you ride from Pasir Ris MRT, this is not the case for Buangkok MRT.

If you work in Dhoby Gaut or Harbourfront, then The Quarts is surely better.

All these factors need to be taken into account, each buyer need to carefully match with their own needs (especially where they work).
    As you can read from the article itself, you can conclude that each MRT station has different value.

Never too late Guest

Cool Considering Livia

Hi, am interested to know how much does it cost to purchase a 2 or 3 rooms unit in Livia? What is the size and facing like? Believe not many units left, just trying my luck.

If the price is reasonable, am seriously considering. Would someone be able to share?

Sniper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Never too late
    Hi, am interested to know how much does it cost to purchase a 2 or 3 rooms unit in Livia? What is the size and facing like? Believe not many units left, just trying my luck.

If the price is reasonable, am seriously considering. Would someone be able to share?

On average Livia is selling at 650-700 psf.

If you consider buying Livia, you should also consider Ris Grandeur.
    It's slightly further from MRT, but it's FREEHOLD.

I myself just realise this Ris Grandeur project after viewing Livia show flat.

I think it's very rare to find high rise condo with freehold status, many freehold projects are low rise.
    What's more it's ready unit and just 2 years old.

Ris Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    On average Livia is selling at 650-700 psf.

If you consider buying Livia, you should also consider Ris Grandeur.
    It's slightly further from MRT, but it's FREEHOLD.

I myself just realise this Ris Grandeur project after viewing Livia show flat.

I think it's very rare to find high rise condo with freehold status, many freehold projects are low rise.
    What's more it's ready unit and just 2 years old.

You may need to wait longer if you want to buy Ris Grandeur as very few units are selling. For Livia you can buy anytime you want as long as there is still available units (which I think there is).

Anyway, both Livia and Ris Grandeur are good value for money.
    They are located near to each other, the area is very peaceful and quiet.
    Also, it is near to Pasir Ris Park beach, only 2 bus stops or 5 mins by bicycle or 15 mins walk.

Eastvaler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ris
    You may need to wait longer if you want to buy Ris Grandeur as very few units are selling. For Livia you can buy anytime you want as long as there is still available units (which I think there is).

Anyway, both Livia and Ris Grandeur are good value for money.
    They are located near to each other, the area is very peaceful and quiet.
    Also, it is near to Pasir Ris Park beach, only 2 bus stops or 5 mins by bicycle or 15 mins walk.

Eastvale is a good alternative if you like Pasir Ris so much but budget is an issue for you :P

Considering Livia Guest

i am interested on the 2 bed rooms unit. does anybody know whether is it still available?

I had been invited to see the units in Livia during luanch. The pricing of the units is not very attractive as compared to Ris Grandeur with the gloomy economy coming in the way. One is 99 years and the other is Freehold. To compare Livia closer to MRT...is as good as comparing Ris Grandeur closer to IKEA, COURTS and GIANTS...etc with more things in the coming development in that area.

The problem is that Livia has many units which will be blocked by the future development of more condos within the CDL plot of land. THis is one of the major factor which badly affect my decision in buying.

Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by Router
    I had been invited to see the units in Livia during luanch. The pricing of the units is not very attractive as compared to Ris Grandeur with the gloomy economy coming in the way. One is 99 years and the other is Freehold. To compare Livia closer to MRT...is as good as comparing Ris Grandeur closer to IKEA, COURTS and GIANTS...etc with more things in the coming development in that area.

The problem is that Livia has many units which will be blocked by the future development of more condos within the CDL plot of land. THis is one of the major factor which badly affect my decision in buying.

Sigh!
    Puzzled leh.. Livia is just across one road from Ris Grandeur. The facilities shared by them, I thought, should be almost if not quite close.
    If talk about futrue development blocking I thought this is unduely concern as the land is rather big. If you like pool view isn't it also blocking as usaully
    pool facing blocks normally faces other blocks within?
    Both are very good projects-only thing don't like is too many balconies & planter boxes "eating up" usable spaces. If got extra cash sure buy for investment to rent to ang mo..cheers!!
    cheers...

Unregistered999 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Router

Sigh!

I would say that it is Ris Grandeur that is underpriced, maybe because not so many people know.
    I think only after this Livia showflat that many people come to know there is this freehold project just very nearby.

On the other hand, Livia itself is already selling at a very good price if you compare with other newly launched projects in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting to Buy
    Puzzled leh.. Livia is just across one road from Ris Grandeur. The facilities shared by them, I thought, should be almost if not quite close.
    If talk about futrue development blocking I thought this is unduely concern as the land is rather big. If you like pool view isn't it also blocking as usaully
    pool facing blocks normally faces other blocks within?
    Both are very good projects-only thing don't like is too many balconies & planter boxes "eating up" usable spaces. If got extra cash sure buy for investment to rent to ang mo..cheers!!
    Precisely...Livia is just across one road from Ris Grandeur, hence distance to MRT is not really an issue. There is one big difference between both besides 99 yrs and Freehold and balconies issues, many more units in Livia will face future surrounding condos development on the opposite site and this has infact deterred many of my friends to park thier monies in this project. If i cannot wait, i may invest in Livia for only one reason...new condo...but i still think Ris Grandeur is a better option because it is Freehold. If i can wait, i will wait for the coming ones beside Livia.
    On the overall, i do agree both are great projects.