Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Livia owners

thanks for pointing out. i got it from the company website...so must be typo

Neighbor Guest

1. Aukang (Blk 69)
    2. JW (Blk 69)
    3. Neighbor (Blk 73)

Neighbor Guest

I have a question...
    Just curious.. how many of you intend to convert your planter boxes into a balcony? i.e. placing timber decking on it.

Anyone has experience doing it with your other properties before? My first property... so I'm not sure how open are the management committee going to be for us to do that.

Also... suppose we want to do this, we need to write in to get approval right? When will this be? Before TOP? After TOP?

Hi Neighbour,

Personally, for the planter, I haven't thought about it yet...off hand, it would either be a balcony (with timber deck) or a fountain display with mini garden. I will definitely be looking out for ideas.

I suppose we need to seek permission from somebody in oreder to convert the planter area into a balcony.

anyways, i was at Livia showflat over the weekend to hand in my furnishings options...chose the 'warm' version...and there were still quite a few people in the showflats...wonder if anyone bought though, given the spate of negative news about private property prices late last week

jw Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor
    1. Aukang (Blk 69)
    2. JW (Blk 69)
    3. Neighbor (Blk 73)
    Hi Neighbor,

I've a friend whom also bought Blk 73, stack 23....
    Maybe also same guy?..

Stoop Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor
    I have a question...
    Just curious.. how many of you intend to convert your planter boxes into a balcony? i.e. placing timber decking on it.

Anyone has experience doing it with your other properties before? My first property... so I'm not sure how open are the management committee going to be for us to do that.

Also... suppose we want to do this, we need to write in to get approval right? When will this be? Before TOP? After TOP?
    I am also interested in converting... anyone can enlighten...

I bought a unit in the east coast area....

olivewine Guest

Hi!

Yes, we are also considering to place timber deckings/planks across the planter space to create more usable space too. Probably have some pots of herbs to justify the "planter" existence...

Still keeping options open!

amk Guest

Smile Livia Owner

Hi, I just bought an unit in Livia, blk 73 stack 25.
    now considering which bank can offer the best services and best offer.
    we chosed option 2 for the furnishings the "cool version".
    Yes, we are also considering to place timber deckings/planks across the planter space to create more usable space too, we are not sure abt this, hope can share some ideas here.

jw Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Hi, I just bought an unit in Livia, blk 73 stack 25.
    now considering which bank can offer the best services and best offer.
    we chosed option 2 for the furnishings the "cool version".
    Yes, we are also considering to place timber deckings/planks across the planter space to create more usable space too, we are not sure abt this, hope can share some ideas here.
    u can try HSBC Home Loan package...i think they are currently best deal in town... 3 month SIBOR + 0.7%

amk Guest

Default bank

think the UOB bank offer the same 3 month SIBOR + 0.7%, currently the SIBOR rate ard 1.17% so total 1.87%, it is the same for HSBC?

jw Guest

saw this picture from another forum...one idea for wood decking the planter box..

olivewine Guest

Cool!

Anybody any idea on the drainage? I suppose the planks are porous and we definitely don't want water to accumulate in the space below!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jw
    u can try HSBC Home Loan package...i think they are currently best deal in town... 3 month SIBOR + 0.7%
    i took the hsbc loan. It would be good to shop around and get a bank and banker you're comfortable with since rates are quite similar. I just went to my lawyers to sign the s&p. Paid cash upfront for stamp fees...

Quote Originally Posted by olivewine
    Cool!

Anybody any idea on the drainage? I suppose the planks are porous and we definitely don't want water to accumulate in the space below!
    my agent told me there's a built in drainage hole...that's why can even consider rearing fish ... But i think the planter may not be able to take too much weight ..

1. Aukang (Blk 69)
    2. JW (Blk 69)
    3. Neighbor (Blk 73)
    4. pinky (blk 61)

havent receive my S&P yet. take how long to receive s&p?

Unregistered9321 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    think the UOB bank offer the same 3 month SIBOR + 0.7%, currently the SIBOR rate ard 1.17% so total 1.87%, it is the same for HSBC?
    I think UOB is SOR + 0.7%... not SIBOR

Quote Originally Posted by pinky
    1. Aukang (Blk 69)
    2. JW (Blk 69)
    3. Neighbor (Blk 73)
    4. pinky (blk 61)

should about 2 weeks bah...i book during the preview in early Jul. received S&P in mid Jul. Menatime, can shop around for your bank

Quote Originally Posted by aukang
    should about 2 weeks bah...i book during the preview in early Jul. received S&P in mid Jul. Menatime, can shop around for your bank
    what is the deadline for signing the s&p? thinking of hsbc or standard chartered. u look for ur own lawyer or using bank's panel lawyer?

jw Guest

what is the deadline for signing the s&p? thinking of hsbc or standard chartered. u look for ur own lawyer or using bank's panel lawyer?
    2 weeks upon signing your option to purchase. U can get your own conveyancy lawyer, provided that yr lawyer are on the list of approved lawyers from the bank.....

just got my S&P today. haven't decide which lawyer and bank loan.. but wondering is there any different between normal units and those in the top floor? cos i got the 16th level unit which is beside the penthouse unit. wondering the ceiling will be higher or lower.. anyone knows? cos i forget to ask the agent initially.

1. Aukang (Blk 69)
    2. JW (Blk 69)
    3. Neighbor (Blk 73)
    4. pinky (blk 61)

hi all,

just wondering if you all want to form a discussion group in yahoo group or elsewhere, cos we could all discuss on renovations, ideas etc.

Btw, i from stack 25 and is planning to do up some basic reno like bay window ledges, curtains, planters, tv wall features and lightings.

Maybe if we can make a group and get one good contracter, we could get better bargain power.

Stoop Guest

saw this picture from another forum...one idea for wood decking the planter box..

Thanks JW for posting the picture... just wondering whether the plank is waterproof? otherwise, the wood will rots after some rains and sunshine right? Anyone knows abt this ??

Stoop Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lele
    hi all,

just wondering if you all want to form a discussion group in yahoo group or elsewhere, cos we could all discuss on renovations, ideas etc.

Btw, i from stack 25 and is planning to do up some basic reno like bay window ledges, curtains, planters, tv wall features and lightings.

Maybe if we can make a group and get one good contracter, we could get better bargain power.
    Your appointed lawyer should receive it from the develope's lawyer. Then you can go through the S&P with your lawyers on the legal issues... usually should be quite fast... have you appointed a lawyer?

jw Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stoop
    Thanks JW for posting the picture... just wondering whether the plank is waterproof? otherwise, the wood will rots after some rains and sunshine right? Anyone knows abt this ??
    i read that they are using chengai wood...which are more hardy and usually for outdoor use, like those pool deck.

Stoop Guest

i read that they are using chengai wood...which are more hardy and usually for outdoor use, like those pool deck.
    That's great... ever since i realised i got planter boxes in my living and bedroom, i have been thinking how to raise them up for use... i have no intention whatsoever of planting...

Quote Originally Posted by lele
    hi all,

Hi lele,

Thanks! That's an excellent idea. I know the Clover by the Park grp from this forum has formed one such discussion group. Perhaps we can do the same. I'm not well versed in computer so I had not ventured to form a discussion group beyond this forum.
    Last edited by aukang; 30-07-08 at 13:55.

Quote Originally Posted by aukang
    Hi lele,

Thanks! That's an excellent idea. I know the Clover by the Park grp from this forum has formed one such discussion group. Perhaps we can do the same. I'm not well versed in computer so I had not ventured to form a discussion group beyond this forum.
    HI ALL !!

GOOD NEWS,

let form a group, link below

Your Group livia_sg has been created. You can access your group using the link below or from the Yahoo! Groups "My Groups" page.

Group name: livia_sg
    Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/livia_sg
    Group email: [email protected]
    Last edited by lele; 30-07-08 at 14:29.

Default Livia Units Sold (as of Sat 26 July AM)

I went by Livia on Sat 26 July 10 am. The agent informed that 428 units have been launched, with at least 87% sold (i.e. 372 sold).

Livia still ranks amongst the most popular of recent launches, and I believe higher than Clover.

Does anyone have more recent updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoop
    Your appointed lawyer should receive it from the develope's lawyer. Then you can go through the S&P with your lawyers on the legal issues... usually should be quite fast... have you appointed a lawyer?
    havent.. cos havent decide which bank loan to take.. the bank will provide their panel lawyer... cos different bank.. different prices of legal fee...

AMK Guest

Wink bank loan

havent.. cos havent decide which bank loan to take.. the bank will provide their panel lawyer... cos different bank.. different prices of legal fee...

same here, still cannot decide which bank to choose, UOB? HSBC?
    HSBC using the SIBOR rate more attractive compare to UOB SOR rate,
    but HSBC only one time conversion within 6mths period. the lawyer fee should be fully cover by the bank (the subsidy ard $2,500) & partial repayment and full repayment allowed but only on the roll-over/reset date, else interest in-lieu to be paid. UOB allow two times conversion.
    Any other bank offer better these?