Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Livia owners

Happy Owner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor
    I currently stay in Pasir Ris.. and I just bought a unit in Livia (yo neighbor!).
    I'm also really happy with my purchase. Been to almost all the other launches, showflats, etc... in the East. In the end, me and my gf still preferred Livia.

Ris Grandeur is cheaper because its a lot further from the MRT.
    Livia is walkable to MRT... Ris Grandeur is not. To get from Ris Grandeur to MRT... need to take shuttle bus. Frequency is... urggh... Its next to the expressway and next to the petrol station. Ok if you drive I guess.. but imagine listening to the cars zooming by the expressway when you are trying to spend a quiet moment at home.

BTW I dun stay in Ris Grandeur... I just know the Pasir Ris area well because I've stayed here for a while...

Yes I've walked the distance from Livia to the MRT... very walkable (8mins leisurely stroll). I walk further everyday to my current place. If you think you rather save the money to buy car... by all means.

Its ok if you think Pasir Ris is ulu and dun like it.... better for people that like it here because there's less people to form a crowd. Actually Pasir Ris is a REALLY far and disgusting place. I suggest you stay away.....

Do I care if the property market goes down? Not really... cos this is where I stay. Talk it down all you want.... because the choice units with great layout and awesome views are already taken (one of them by me!). Even if the price drops, there's no way you can get those units.

So you say I'm paying more to bank in terms of interest etc.... Not really because I can afford it and I'm intending to pre/partial pay the loan as I go along so that the loan period will be really short and I'm paying minimum interest.

Yes... buying a house is a major committment. What matters is what you like... and not what some unscrupulous agents will post and say negative abt the development.

Pasir Ris is a nice place... a bit far from town... but I suppose this is the very reason we bought it... to be away from the hustle of life.

In any case... Pasir Ris/Tampines are good places to stay...

Happy Owner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Owner
    Yes... buying a house is a major committment. What matters is what you like... and not what some unscrupulous agents will post and say negative abt the development.

Pasir Ris is a nice place... a bit far from town... but I suppose this is the very reason we bought it... to be away from the hustle of life.

In any case... Pasir Ris/Tampines are good places to stay...
    Having said that.... the upside in capital appreciation is limited for the time being though.

Default Yo Neighbour!

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor
    I currently stay in Pasir Ris.. and I just bought a unit in Livia (yo neighbor!).
    I'm also really happy with my purchase. Been to almost all the other launches, showflats, etc... in the East. In the end, me and my gf still preferred Livia.

Ris Grandeur is cheaper because its a lot further from the MRT.
    Livia is walkable to MRT... Ris Grandeur is not. To get from Ris Grandeur to MRT... need to take shuttle bus. Frequency is... urggh... Its next to the expressway and next to the petrol station. Ok if you drive I guess.. but imagine listening to the cars zooming by the expressway when you are trying to spend a quiet moment at home.

BTW I dun stay in Ris Grandeur... I just know the Pasir Ris area well because I've stayed here for a while...

Yes I've walked the distance from Livia to the MRT... very walkable (8mins leisurely stroll). I walk further everyday to my current place. If you think you rather save the money to buy car... by all means.

Its ok if you think Pasir Ris is ulu and dun like it.... better for people that like it here because there's less people to form a crowd. Actually Pasir Ris is a REALLY far and disgusting place. I suggest you stay away.....

Do I care if the property market goes down? Not really... cos this is where I stay. Talk it down all you want.... because the choice units with great layout and awesome views are already taken (one of them by me!). Even if the price drops, there's no way you can get those units.

So you say I'm paying more to bank in terms of interest etc.... Not really because I can afford it and I'm intending to pre/partial pay the loan as I go along so that the loan period will be really short and I'm paying minimum interest.
    Thanks for your comments - they strike me as heartfelt. While I don't currently stay at Pasir Ris, I really liked the spaciousness and layout of units at Livia, as well as the well-thought out and plentiful amenities that dot the grounds like flower gardens, playgrounds, jogging tracks etc. My wife likes the Sungei Api Api park connector too, as well as the short walk to Pasir Ris Park.

While Pasir Ris is at one end of Singapore, via TPE/CTE I could get to Orchard in 15/20 mins drive, or 35 mins via MRT. That's pretty good considering the price we paid, and the proximity to the beach.

I bought Livia for the life-style it promises - relaxing grounds and parks, easy going atmosphere and spaciousness, and potentially plenty of evening / early morning strolls to the beach....!

Hope to see you sometime, neighbour!

Micky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by property2007
    I bought Livia for the life-style it promises - relaxing grounds and parks, easy going atmosphere and spaciousness, and potentially plenty of evening / early morning strolls to the beach....!

Not many people know this... unless you stay at Pasir Ris.

For 6 months a year, you can see a full sunset from Pasir Ris beach.
    For the other 6 months, you can see a full sunrise.
    I'm talking about egg yolk type of sun setting into or rising from the water.
    All this within walking distance from your new place!

Life is short. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Just met my banker today. She said she's really surprised (pleasantly) by number of sales at Livia... after sitting around for so many months. Price has really gone down to contribute to this. But going forward, price will drop further... not that it matters to people who bought for personal stay.

AgentKhoo Guest

Whatever it is, Livia is still way better than Dakota Residences, which is facing a dirty and smelly big longkong. Somemore... there is no tennis court for this devt which boasts "condo status" and is located within the geylang vicinity. 99yr tenure and they still got the cheek to ask for S$1000psf.

Livia it is for me. Anytime!

Raider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AgentKhoo
    Whatever it is, Livia is still way better than Dakota Residences, which is facing a dirty and smelly big longkong. Somemore... there is no tennis court for this devt which boasts "condo status" and is located within the geylang vicinity. 99yr tenure and they still got the cheek to ask for S$1000psf.

Livia it is for me. Anytime!
    While I do not personally like Livia (personal preference) i agree that Livia is still better compared to DK at $1,000psf....

3pm Guest

Default Pasir Ris

Quote Originally Posted by property2007
    Thanks for your comments - they strike me as heartfelt. While I don't currently stay at Pasir Ris, I really liked the spaciousness and layout of units at Livia, as well as the well-thought out and plentiful amenities that dot the grounds like flower gardens, playgrounds, jogging tracks etc. My wife likes the Sungei Api Api park connector too, as well as the short walk to Pasir Ris Park.

While Pasir Ris is at one end of Singapore, via TPE/CTE I could get to Orchard in 15/20 mins drive, or 35 mins via MRT. That's pretty good considering the price we paid, and the proximity to the beach.

Great comments. For those who are unfamiliar with Pasir Ris and want to consider living there, I can give you a few pros and cons having lived there for the past 5 years. (I'm not a housing agent and I don't have any interest in Livia sales)

- I own a car but choose to take the MRT sometimes. Driving time depends on traffic conditions. This morning, I took 25 mins to reach Suntec (starting out at 8am). On most days, the jam on ECP is only at the Marine Parade to Fort Road stretch. At off-peak hours, I can reach Orchard Rd in 25 mins via PIE/CTE. However, PIE/CTE is usually a nightmare at peak hours and you should be forewarned if this is your usual route to work. Traffic within Pasir Ris is always good; you don't get bad jams even at peak hours.

- When I take the MRT (usually at off-peak hours), I can reach Lido within 35 mins of stepping into the Pasir Ris MRT station, including the time it takes to walk from the Orchard station.

- On the downside, if you like popping into the city to run errands or shop, you have to plan your trips. Making multiple trips in one day is time-consuming and expensive.

- If you like to eat out a lot, I have found that there's not much good food (whether hawker centre or restaurant) around Pasir Ris, compared to areas like city/Bukit Timah/West).

- Grocery-shopping is generally good as you have Giant Tampines, NTUC Fairprice at White Sands and eHub and they're usually not terribly crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm
    Not many people know this... unless you stay at Pasir Ris.

For 6 months a year, you can see a full sunset from Pasir Ris beach.
    For the other 6 months, you can see a full sunrise.
    I'm talking about egg yolk type of sun setting into or rising from the water.
    All this within walking distance from your new place!

Life is short. Enjoy it while it lasts!
    Are the 2 periods from Jan till June and then July till Dec? Right now, is it the sunrise view or the sunset view? Must come by and watch with my family!

Livia12 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by olivewine
    Just recieved the sales and purchase agreement from hong realty....

Seems that the remaining empty plot is divided into 4 sites for development...

Anyone any idea what and when would they be developed? Heard a rumour that one of the sites would be commercial development instead....
    Empty land will be another 3 condos and 1 cluster houses, from insider source.

AgentK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    While I do not personally like Livia (personal preference) i agree that Livia is still better compared to DK at $1,000psf....
    Livia sucks la.....

Default Owners listing

I would like to start a list of Livia owners on this thread so far...perhaps nickname and which block u bought would do as info:

1. Aukang (Blk 69)

visit www.rogerang.com for some detail not in developer's site. tks.
    Last edited by rogerang; 18-07-08 at 16:25. Reason: link

Unregistered6 Guest

Question

wonder how sales have been since official launch...

Neighbor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aukang
    I would like to start a list of Livia owners on this thread so far...perhaps nickname and which block u bought would do as info:

1. Aukang (Blk 69)
    Whoa... are you one of the lucky few that managed to get a stack 14 unit? I wanted to get one there.. but I heard it was sold out within one hour of the soft launch.....

Default Livia Status

Spoke to my agent whom I bought Livia unit from (stack 34). He indicated that as of today (new units launched last weekend), 320 units of Livia had been launched, with 285 units taken up. That's an impressive 89%, more than Clover 70% (as advertised on Sat/Sun papers - but not sure of today's status).

It appears that prices have not been increased this weekend - this may indicate that CDL is cautious not to turn off buyers like Clover.

Congrats Guest

Hi, many congrats to the new owners in Livia. I'm not one cos I am still very much keen on freehold developments than leasehold. I have several frds who bgt 99 yrs leasehold devts....after a couple of years of stay, prices dive like nobody biz as demand for old devts are lesser than supply when existing owners try to get out via price wars. So, one cent one quality, accelerated depreciation occurs in leasehold rather freehold.

well if we're buying to stay long term then really doesn't matter much. Based on the 285 units sold, it's already 39% sold.:-),

oh and to answer neighbour's question... mine isn't stack 14. Decided that i won't be looking at the pool all the time :-)

Banker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Congrats
    Hi, many congrats to the new owners in Livia. I'm not one cos I am still very much keen on freehold developments than leasehold. I have several frds who bgt 99 yrs leasehold devts....after a couple of years of stay, prices dive like nobody biz as demand for old devts are lesser than supply when existing owners try to get out via price wars. So, one cent one quality, accelerated depreciation occurs in leasehold rather freehold.
    I agreed. It is also a matter of banker's decision to back your potential buyer's loan... some buyers want to buy but lack the loan from bank to match the prices the sellers asked.....

Unregistered8 Guest

just saw Livia's marketing brochure from a friend. I must say it is very unappealing but what caught my eyes was the shape of the development.

If you look carefully, it's a chopper/butcher's knife! Complete with a handle. Doesn't look very good for future developments around Livia, esp those behind it, from a fengshui perspective.....good luck man....

Unregistered0 Guest

How does the shape affect those staying in Livia in the future?

I personally thought the land looks like a kite with a tail...the tial being the extra piece of land where the park and the side gate leading to the park connector and Sungei Api Api will be...

Unregistered222 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered0
    How does the shape affect those staying in Livia in the future?

I personally thought the land looks like a kite with a tail...the tial being the extra piece of land where the park and the side gate leading to the park connector and Sungei Api Api will be...
    looks more like a butcher's cleaver indeed! accordingly, units/developments/buildings opposite sharp edges are considered inauspicious in fengshui. If Livia indeed looks like or symbolises a cleaver, developments along the cleaver edge may have bad fengshui. I think this is what unreg8 meant.

You don't necessarily have to believe....

jw Guest

1. Aukang (Blk 69)
    2. JW (Blk 69)

Unregistered. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered222
    looks more like a butcher's cleaver indeed! accordingly, units/developments/buildings opposite sharp edges are considered inauspicious in fengshui. If Livia indeed looks like or symbolises a cleaver, developments along the cleaver edge may have bad fengshui. I think this is what unreg8 meant.

You don't necessarily have to believe....
    You mean the HDB flat residents oppt Livia will be affected or the residents in Livia will be affected also? living inside a butcher's knife sounds very bloody leh...

Unregistered.. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered.
    You mean the HDB flat residents oppt Livia will be affected or the residents in Livia will be affected also? living inside a butcher's knife sounds very bloody leh...
    Those HDBs are along that cleaver's spine, so ok lah.....not sharp...it's those new developments that are going to spring up behind Livia that should watch out.

Unregistered9 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered..
    Those HDBs are along that cleaver's spine, so ok lah.....not sharp...it's those new developments that are going to spring up behind Livia that should watch out.
    So live on the cleaver 'blade' is ok right?

Unregistered.. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered9
    So live on the cleaver 'blade' is ok right?
    should be ok ba

Thumbs up Livia's builder - Hyundai Construction & Engineering

Just surfed the net and found out that the construction of Livia has been awarded to South Korea's Hyundai Construction & ENgineering.

They built some condo projects in S'pore previously such as Costa Del Sol, Golde Hill Park, Orchard Scotts and Hume Park 5. Currently, they are also building One Shenton Way (also by CDL and designed by Architects 61)

I look forward to staying in a well built home

Unregistereddfddff Guest

there is no Hume Park 5. Only HP1 and 2.

both CDL projects.

Unregistered888 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistereddfddff
    there is no Hume Park 5. Only HP1 and 2.

both CDL projects.
    wah...very sharp....