Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Cavenagh Road...

  1. #1
    ryan
    Guest

    Default Cavenagh Road...

    Heard that Hiap Hoe is considering more enbloc purchases in Cavenagh Road after Le Chateau. There is a neighbouring plot to Le Chateau, which if Hiap Hoe buys, it will give them a bigger combined plot, with more development and higher-end design potential (including state land). There is also a possibility of building serviced apartments, which give much higher yield. But the price of the adjoining plot is much higher.

    However, the 2008 URA Master Plan is coming out and I bet that Cavenagh Road will be one of the first areas re-zoned for plot ratio and height increase. The other one could very likely be Taman Serasi and Botanic Gardens View.

    They are building 40, 50 storeys in Orchard Road. No reason why these old areas with huge potential like Cavenagh and Botanic Gardens should remain the same.

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Cavenagh Road...

    Cavenagh is too near to Istana to build any high rise.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan
    Heard that Hiap Hoe is considering more enbloc purchases in Cavenagh Road after Le Chateau. There is a neighbouring plot to Le Chateau, which if Hiap Hoe buys, it will give them a bigger combined plot, with more development and higher-end design potential (including state land). There is also a possibility of building serviced apartments, which give much higher yield. But the price of the adjoining plot is much higher.

    However, the 2008 URA Master Plan is coming out and I bet that Cavenagh Road will be one of the first areas re-zoned for plot ratio and height increase. The other one could very likely be Taman Serasi and Botanic Gardens View.

    They are building 40, 50 storeys in Orchard Road. No reason why these old areas with huge potential like Cavenagh and Botanic Gardens should remain the same.

  3. #3
    hungryjack
    Guest

    Default Re: Cavenagh Road...

    Hi, regarding the Istana, it is a non-issue already in the coming years.

    You know about the Keng Lee Rd area? Where Park Infinia now is, together with the Allgreen plot and the Far East plot. Years ago, used to be bungalows there. Also near Istana, near enough for the area to be restricted in height for many years.

    Plot ratio and height at Keng Lee was recently revised, that is why there is a high-rise building boom there now, 33 storeys high. At Park Infinia: the units facing the Istana have their windows permanently frosted and the windows cemented permanently shut. The architect was good in arranging the design such as the Istana-facing units have their balconies and main windows facing Cairnhill instead, and only the non-important windows facing the Istana frosted and permanently shut.

    Back to Cavenagh Rd and Kampong Java area. Right across the road from Istana? No problem. Make all the toilets and walls face the Istana and the balcony/windows face another less-sensitive direction lor. It is the job of the architect wat. With a good architect, future Cavenagh road condos can be made at least 20/30 storeys tall with no windows/openings facing the Istana.

    Ditto the Botanic Gardens area and the US embassy.

    The development charges to be made from Cavenagh and Taman Serasi are too lucrative for the URA not to raise plot ratio and height limit.

    Why didn't the previous developers think of this in the first place? #1: back in the '70s and '80s, architecture and design weren't as sophisticated as it is now. #2: building technology also wasn't as advanced. #3: city view in the '70s and '80s were not as nice as now.

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Cavenagh Road...

    i agree! in fact, am looking at one cavenagh road condo, very old, but very spacious! and price is nice. good for renovation.

    all the owners here don't want to enbloc, good location, spacious plot, big apartments. if they en bloc they can't find anything so nice again in this area.

  5. #5
    Makelele
    Guest

    Default Re: Cavenagh Road...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    i agree! in fact, am looking at one cavenagh road condo, very old, but very spacious! and price is nice. good for renovation.

    all the owners here don't want to enbloc, good location, spacious plot, big apartments. if they en bloc they can't find anything so nice again in this area.
    Hmm wonder which one? If you're not intending to pick it up ater all, care to share with us?

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Cavenagh Road...

    Quote Originally Posted by Makelele
    Hmm wonder which one? If you're not intending to pick it up ater all, care to share with us?
    cavenagh court.

  7. #7
    hungryjack
    Guest

    Default Re: Cavenagh Road...

    Published April 10, 2007

    Hiap Hoe buys Clemenceau Court

    $72m paid for prime freehold District 9 site works out to $899 psf ppr

    By UMA SHANKARI


    NICHE property developer Hiap Hoe has bought a prime freehold residential site in Cavenagh Road for $72 million through a private treaty.

    The price paid for the District 9 site, now occupied by Clemenceau Court, works out to $899 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr). The site is 38,100 sq ft and the plot ratio is 2.1, giving a gross floor area of 80,100 sq ft.

    Hiap Hoe will combine the plot with an adjacent site it recently acquired, plus some state land, to develop a larger property. Last August, Hiap Hoe bought the 43,100 sq ft Le Chateau site next door. The combined site, with the state land, will amount to 101,300 sq ft and a maximum gross floor area of about 212,700 sq ft.

    The price of the combined site, including the state land, works out to $609 psf ppr, said Hiap Hoe.

    Market watchers said about 100 apartments of an average of 2,000 sq ft can come up on the combined site. Savills Singapore director for marketing and business development Ku Swee Yong reckons that by the time a new condominium is launched, apartments will fetch about $2,000 psf.

    Hiap Hoe's managing director Teo Ho Beng said: 'By combining the Clemenceau Court site with Le Chateau, we will be able to accommodate more facilities into the development, and have the flexibility of building a good variety of apartment types in terms of size and layout. This acquisition will enable us to cater to a wider group of potential buyers.'

    Clemenceau Court is Hiap Hoe's fifth en bloc purchase since 2006 and takes the company's prime district land bank to more than 300,000 sq ft of gross floor area. The purchase is in line with its effort to fortify its position in the mid to high-end residential sector.

    Hiap Hoe shares closed 3.5 cents higher at 91.5 cents yesterday.

    The stock has surged 66.4 per cent this year.

    Separately, the freehold Jubilation Apartment in District 11 has been put up for collective sale for around $33 million. The price works out to about $540 psf ppr including a nominal development charge of $99,600.

    The 21,900 sq ft site has a 2.8 plot ratio, giving it a potential gross floor area of about 61,200 sq ft. About 60 apartments of between 900 to 1,100 sq ft each can be built, says Teakhwa Real Estate, which is marketing the site.

    Teakhwa estimates break even cost at close to $800 psf, which means a new project can be expected to go for upwards of $1,200 psf.

    The tender closes on May 3 at 3pm.

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Vision Crest

    What do u think of vision crest premier block launching at 2500 psf facing fort canning ?? Don't seem to see any thread on this project. Do u think any room of upside and with the same psf, any better buy ?? Is this location sought after ?

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Thumbs down Re: Vision Crest

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    What do u think of vision crest premier block launching at 2500 psf facing fort canning ?? Don't seem to see any thread on this project. Do u think any room of upside and with the same psf, any better buy ?? Is this location sought after ?
    At $2500 psf, I will put Visioncrest at the bottom.

    At $2500 I will get The metz, St Thomas suites, Suites @central, The [email protected]

  10. #10
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re : Vision crest

    Thanks for the advice. Agts are harping that the nearby launch of belle vue site will boost the price past $3000, possible ?? wonder who r the main buyers of oxley developments cos they are in a distinct area which r not orchard, somerset, robertson quay, mount sophia or river valley where each hv their supporters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    -: 12-11-18, 15:13
  2. Waterscape @ Cavenagh (District 9, Freehold)
    By dtrax in forum District 9
    Replies: 37
    -: 04-07-14, 01:02
  3. Hijauan @ Cavenagh (District 9, Freehold)
    By shawnabc77 in forum District 9
    Replies: 42
    -: 11-09-13, 12:05
  4. Cavenagh Gardens up for en bloc sale
    By reporter2 in forum En Bloc Discussion and News
    Replies: 1
    -: 18-04-12, 01:55
  5. [email protected] VIEWS?
    By Regulators in forum District 9
    Replies: 1
    -: 11-03-10, 16:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •