Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie23
    Thanks for sending it across..... got it. Hope the unit will still be available for sale after TOP, then can go up and see the "real thing" and make an offer if I like it.... also waiting to see the conservation house as buyers are paying premium for that as well... plus the 14th level club house... swimming pool and everything....
    I think if u wait till TOP it will be too late. Price will definitely creep up or the owner might decide not to sell after seeing the view. If u are aware, all other locations are calling high prices. At the current selling price of $1594 psf, its a steal for an Amber Road address, freehold, high floor with seaview some more.

I dont think buyers are paying a premium for the conservation house as presently that is still not accounted for in the pricing. Just compare its immediate neighbor, The Cape which has no seaview and calling above $2000psf. So, $1594 psf is a real steal for a seaview with a renown conserved house and posh club house on the 14th floor.

But then, its all up to you. You can wait till TOP. Probably I will be there to serve u then.

At $1.03 million for a 2 bedroom is a real steal. Although the unit is small, at that quantum, anybody can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I think if u wait till TOP it will be too late. Price will definitely creep up or the owner might decide not to sell after seeing the view. If u are aware, all other locations are calling high prices. At the current selling price of $1594 psf, its a steal for an Amber Road address, freehold, high floor with seaview some more.

I dont think buyers are paying a premium for the conservation house as presently that is still not accounted for in the pricing. Just compare its immediate neighbor, The Cape which has no seaview and calling above $2000psf. So, $1594 psf is a real steal for a seaview with a renown conserved house and posh club house on the 14th floor.

But then, its all up to you. You can wait till TOP. Probably I will be there to serve u then.

At $1.03 million for a 2 bedroom is a real steal. Although the unit is small, at that quantum, anybody can afford it.
    Shawn, you are most likely right... if the TOP is so soon, will the price go up over a couple of weeks? I am still quite concerned with the floorplan and how the interior and quality of workmanship of this developer. The concerns I have for the stack 3 are:

1) West Sun facing
    2) Pillars blocking living-room balcony
    3) Quality of workmanship on interiors
    4) Small window panes look ugly
    5) Construction next to it (The Cape)
    6) Last transacted price is only $1400+ psf
    7) maybe Stack 1 or 2 will be better choices

well, the units come with huge balcony and superb small bedrooms

Shawn, you are most likely right... if the TOP is so soon, will the price go up over a couple of weeks? I am still quite concerned with the floorplan and how the interior and quality of workmanship of this developer. The concerns I have for the stack 3 are:

1) West Sun facing
    It will TOP end of this year not in a few weeks. I have to agree the units are small but then at the price u paying for the location, it is fair.

Let me answer your worries one by one:

(1) Yes it has west sun but the developer is smart enough to install a wider roof so that units dont get whole afternoon sun only the later in the evening (like 4-6pm). U can go check out at the main site. They design the upper roof longer and wider as a protective cover from afternoon sun. It also ensures privacy of unit upstair and downstair so u cant peep on your neighbor downstair from the balcony.

(2) The pillars are not pillars but thin aluminum frames which add as design concept and create aesthetic value to the development. It also acts as a partial block from afternoon sun. U dont have to worry as the 'pillars' are located at one end of the living room balcony which has not much of a view other than city views. It occupies roughly about 1.5 metres in length and its a thin block of aluminum your view not 100% disrupted.

(3) Workmanship is definitely superb I was at the unit and saw the fine furnishes. Developer has to fulfill its promise as at the launch. I thought I email u one pic showing the marble finishes for the bathroom? Not many new developments nowadays offer full marble for bathroom.

(4) The window panes are not small. One window pane height is about 1 metre and length roughly 80cm. This is very big compared to Silversea windowpanes which u can open only at one side. Please check yourself at the site and compare. If u want I can email u the window pane and the exact measurement they indicate on the window. The good thing about Aristo windowpane is that u can open all the panes at the top side by side, whereas Silversea ones u can only open 1 pane at the side and the rest cannot be opened. Maybe u are confused and see too many windows at Aristo thats the reason it creates that kinda feeling that its small. Aristo units are mostly covered in glass from left to right. As such, its inevitable that most units (Stack 2,3,4) have afternoon sun full or partial. Wait till they clean the windows and remove the blue film it will look much better.

(5) The Cape construction wont affect Stack 2 and 3 units as they are not facing it directly. In any case, once The Cape TOP it will push up the prices of the area surrounding it.

(6) Last transaction listed on URA was for lower floor unit 614 sq.ft (Stack 4) which has no seaview and facing The Cape directly at $1483psf. In addition, about more than a month ago, a mid floor unit 808 sq.ft was transacted at above $1540psf but it was not listed yet on URA. I can bet with u that after TOP, even stack 4 will be calling above $1600psf.

(7) Stack 2 is a better choice than Stack 1 or Stack 3 for sure. But nobody is selling it and once TOP, u wont see anything below $1600psf for this stack. Mark my words.

So ultimately the best stack available for sale now is the #15 floor stack 3 which has both generous sea and city view.

1) West Sun facing
    It will TOP end of this year not in a few weeks. I have to agree the units are small but then at the price u paying for the location, it is fair.

Let me answer your worries one by one:

(1) Yes it has west sun but the developer is smart enough to install a wider roof so that units dont get whole afternoon sun only the later in the evening (like 4-6pm). U can go check out at the main site. They design the upper roof longer and wider as a protective cover from afternoon sun. It also ensures privacy of unit upstair and downstair so u cant peep on your neighbor downstair from the balcony.

(2) The pillars are not pillars but thin aluminum frames which add as design concept and create aesthetic value to the development. It also acts as a partial block from afternoon sun. U dont have to worry as the 'pillars' are located at one end of the living room balcony which has not much of a view other than city views. It occupies roughly about 1.5 metres in length and its a thin block of aluminum your view not 100% disrupted.

(3) Workmanship is definitely superb I was at the unit and saw the fine furnishes. Developer has to fulfill its promise as at the launch. I thought I email u one pic showing the marble finishes for the bathroom? Not many new developments nowadays offer full marble for bathroom.

(4) The window panes are not small. One window pane height is about 1 metre and length roughly 80cm. This is very big compared to Silversea windowpanes which u can open only at one side. Please check yourself at the site and compare. If u want I can email u the window pane and the exact measurement they indicate on the window. The good thing about Aristo windowpane is that u can open all the panes at the top side by side, whereas Silversea ones u can only open 1 pane at the side and the rest cannot be opened. Maybe u are confused and see too many windows at Aristo thats the reason it creates that kinda feeling that its small. Aristo units are mostly covered in glass from left to right. As such, its inevitable that most units (Stack 2,3,4) have afternoon sun full or partial. Wait till they clean the windows and remove the blue film it will look much better.

(5) The Cape construction wont affect Stack 2 and 3 units as they are not facing it directly. In any case, once The Cape TOP it will push up the prices of the area surrounding it.

(6) Last transaction listed on URA was for lower floor unit 614 sq.ft (Stack 4) which has no seaview and facing The Cape directly at $1483psf. In addition, about more than a month ago, a mid floor unit 808 sq.ft was transacted at above $1540psf but it was not listed yet on URA. I can bet with u that after TOP, even stack 4 will be calling above $1600psf.

(7) Stack 2 is a better choice than Stack 1 or Stack 3 for sure. But nobody is selling it and once TOP, u wont see anything below $1600psf for this stack. Mark my words.

So ultimately the best stack available for sale now is the #15 floor stack 3 which has both generous sea and city view.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    well, the units come with huge balcony and superb small bedrooms
    Well big balcony is fine if it has a seaview. In addition, Aristo unit doesnt have a huge aircon ledge and no bombshelter or a kitchen yard. So its fair.

Bedroom size I have given for Stack 3 is 2.5m x 3.4 metres and for Stack 2 is even much bigger. if u feel its still small, then u should go and see Katong Regency 1+1 bedroom or other East Coast MM units bedroom sizes. And see what kind of prices they still selling for these units.

I wont be online till September. Hope my replies help some of u guys.

All the best. Adios.

I wont be online till September. Hope my replies help some of u guys.

All the best. Adios.

Thanks Shawn for your extremely valuable advice. Hope you will enjoy your holidays and see u in Sept when you are back.

View from #15-03.

Quote Originally Posted by doufei
    View from #15-03.

Doufei, sorry your picture is not uploaded properly. Can you email to me at [email protected]. I am very interested to know what kind of view from #15-03.

Dont b con by all the salesman talk. go to the actual site n judge yourself .
    What u are paying for are bay windows,planter boxes,oversize balconies n plenty of sunlight especially for certain stacks..
    whats the point of having the best fittings when there's hardly any living space?

Consider the neighbouring FH projects would b a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    Consider the neighbouring FH projects would b a good option.
    Which one do u recommend as a better consideration versus Aristo? Always happy to get advice from the experts.

I agree. A picture tells a thousand words. You be your own judge. Look at the floor plan yourself and evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    Dont b con by all the salesman talk. go to the actual site n judge yourself .
    What u are paying for are bay windows,planter boxes,oversize balconies n plenty of sunlight especially for certain stacks..
    whats the point of having the best fittings when there's hardly any living space?

Anyone can afford? Lion open big mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    I agree. A picture tells a thousand words. You be your own judge. Look at the floor plan yourself and evaluate.

Already seen the floor plan. But if anyone has the pictures of the real unit, it will be even more convincing if it is worthwhile ..... it looks almost completed.... so tempting to buy now !!!!!!

Which one do u recommend as a better consideration versus Aristo? Always happy to get advice from the experts.
    There are esta, amber residences n ola. All these easily offer much better layout n living space plus more facilities.. if u dont mind LH,shore residences is good also.

I have this love-hate feeling for Aristo..

Whenever i see the building, i really pity those west facing units. The scorching sun rays are really piercing right through the balcony, windows and into the living spaces, fully baked especially during 3-6pm. But one thing i am sure is that it will have fantastic seaview (non pocketed ones!). I guess most east coast projects with seaview/cityview would need to suffer the west sun and expressway pollution (super noisy).

The next thing i love is the butterfly house which i got the priviledge to visit a few yrs back when it was still in tact. It used to be a timeless beauty lying next to the sea, but now with its wings clipped and severed off...

The idea of having a mechanical carpark is also a major turn off...

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    I have this love-hate feeling for Aristo..

Whenever i see the building, i really pity those west facing units. The scorching sun rays are really piercing right through the balcony, windows and into the living spaces, fully baked especially during 3-6pm. But one thing i am sure is that it will have fantastic seaview (non pocketed ones!). I guess most east coast projects with seaview/cityview would need to suffer the west sun and expressway pollution (super noisy).

The next thing i love is the butterfly house which i got the priviledge to visit a few yrs back when it was still in tact. It used to be a timeless beauty lying next to the sea, but now with its wings clipped and severed off...

The idea of having a mechanical carpark is also a major turn off...

Thanks for the nice pictures. Tell us about the history of Amber Road and east coast area, especially for the younger generation. Just curious : why is mechanical carpark a major turn off???? land is scarce and wouldn't mechanical car park be the most efficient use of space. I have never use a mechanical carpark before.... is it really bad? Or is it just noisy? What's the bad points about it?

Thanks for the nice pictures. Tell us about the history of Amber Road and east coast area, especially for the younger generation. Just curious : why is mechanical carpark a major turn off???? land is scarce and wouldn't mechanical car park be the most efficient use of space. I have never use a mechanical carpark before.... is it really bad? Or is it just noisy? What's the bad points about it?
    dont be a lazy bum.
    in the forum, there is an advance search function, type in keywords and go through all the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    dont be a lazy bum.
    in the forum, there is an advance search function, type in keywords and go through all the posts.

Thanks Hopeful.... got to know a lot more about mechanical carpark now...

Agreed that the living space of Aristo is small so it is more suitable for couple without children. If you are buying for your own stay for 1/2 persons and you like the location and price meet your budget, can consider buying it. As for the interior, it depend on how you design and renovate the place to make it look/feel more spacious/cosy.

There is always demand for this area and this is freehold, so value should appreciate. Anyway, if for own stay, does not have to worry too much on the capital appreciation.

Well, most developments in this area with seaview will have to face West sun. So this is individual preference, some do not mind the West sun as long as the location, amenities, environment..etc is good. Can always avoid balcony and on aircon between 3-6pm. Come out after the West sun to enjoy your seaview.

Already seen the floor plan. But if anyone has the pictures of the real unit, it will be even more convincing if it is worthwhile ..... it looks almost completed.... so tempting to buy now !!!!!!

so many choice in this area. no need to restrict yourself to a small place.

Quote Originally Posted by doufei
    Agreed that the living space of Aristo is small so it is more suitable for couple without children. If you are buying for your own stay for 1/2 persons and you like the location and price meet your budget, can consider buying it. As for the interior, it depend on how you design and renovate the place to make it look/feel more spacious/cosy.

There is always demand for this area and this is freehold, so value should appreciate. Anyway, if for own stay, does not have to worry too much on the capital appreciation.

Well, most developments in this area with seaview will have to face West sun. So this is individual preference, some do not mind the West sun as long as the location, amenities, environment..etc is good. Can always avoid balcony and on aircon between 3-6pm. Come out after the West sun to enjoy your seaview.
    Doufei, I will take your advice seriously. Anyway, wont be in between 3pm to 6pm most of the time except for weekends.

Yes, reno is important for such small units. Looking forward to see the project completed and how the whole building will turn out to be.....

Doufei, I will take your advice seriously. Anyway, wont be in between 3pm to 6pm most of the time except for weekends.

Yes, reno is important for such small units. Looking forward to see the project completed and how the whole building will turn out to be.....
    why do you want to wait?
    now is only 1600psf, if completed will shoot to 2000psf.

Well, main factor is budget $$$ and affordability. If has higher budget, can always look out for bigger unit.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    so many choice in this area. no need to restrict yourself to a small place.

why do you want to wait?
    Hopeful, have you decided whether to get one in Aristo?

Newbie23 - The land reclamation took place in the 1970s along the east coast. All the coastal bungalows which used to have the luxury of enjoying the sea and the beach at their doorsteps were soon forsaken by their rich owners. The actual coast line was just right in front of the butterfly house, and it stretches along the big canal in front of the sea view condo all the way to the eastern side of sg. There are still quite a no of the old seafront bungalows which you can still find and see if u travel along Marine Parade Rd eg. Seaview condo clubhouse, Seabreeze lodge opp Parkway Parade, the abandoned Grand Hotel at Still rd junction, Grand Duchess clubhouse etc

Cote D'Azur, Laguna Park, Neptune Court etc are all sitted on reclaimed land, but I believe the condos along meyer and Tanjong Rhu are not though, but just slightly behind the old coast line.

Mechanical carpark could be a nightmare due to the fear of mechanical errors or breakdowns. I have a friend who is using mech cp for his apartment. He claims that the time to retrieve his car is actually shorter than what most others hv perceived (1-2min), but there were 2 occasions when he couldn't use his car over the weekends as the carpark mechanism was jammed, and there were no technician to work on the repairs during the weekend.

why do you want to wait?
    there is no need to rush into it..
    have a good look at the actual unit b4 u commit.
    i m sure the surrounding projects offer better value for $$..

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Newbie23 - The land reclamation took place in the 1970s along the east coast. All the coastal bungalows which used to have the luxury of enjoying the sea and the beach at their doorsteps were soon forsaken by their rich owners. The actual coast line was just right in front of the butterfly house, and it stretches along the big canal in front of the sea view condo all the way to the eastern side of sg. There are still quite a no of the old seafront bungalows which you can still find and see if u travel along Marine Parade Rd eg. Seaview condo clubhouse, Seabreeze lodge opp Parkway Parade, the abandoned Grand Hotel at Still rd junction, Grand Duchess clubhouse etc

Cote D'Azur, Laguna Park, Neptune Court etc are all sitted on reclaimed land, but I believe the condos along meyer and Tanjong Rhu are not though, but just slightly behind the old coast line.

Mechanical carpark could be a nightmare due to the fear of mechanical errors or breakdowns. I have a friend who is using mech cp for his apartment. He claims that the time to retrieve his car is actually shorter than what most others hv perceived (1-2min), but there were 2 occasions when he couldn't use his car over the weekends as the carpark mechanism was jammed, and there were no technician to work on the repairs during the weekend.
    Thanks for your sharing bro. For those born after 70, we might not know the history of Katong area so well. so nice to see the pics which u posted as a pic tells a thousand words. Will be extremely fun to see how D15 will turn out to be in the next 10 years as we get the new expressway MCE and MRT line Eastern Regional Line etc.... hope they don't do any more land reclamation, otherwise the seaview will get further ..........

Just wish that the MRT is built earlier... 2020 is so far away.